Type keyword(s) to search

Guest Hosts: They'll Take Any Job

• Start Topic

I've only watched the show once since Rosie O left, but the only guests I've seen with potential have been Padma and some white/brunette who was a comic (around her 30's).

Looking at their schedules, I think they've got the right idea about having 2 guests stay out the whole week. I would think having 2-3 different guests every day would really turn off viewers. Plus, it would probably let them get a better idea of how they'll be in the long-run than one day.

Wendy Williams was promoting Stacy London as the permanent replacement yesterday.  I hope this doesn't happen, although Stacey seems to have toned it down a little recently.

I noticed a difference in Stacey too.  And her buddy Clinton is likely going to bat for her!  Same network!  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

Wendy Williams was promoting Stacy London as the permanent replacement yesterday.  I hope this doesn't happen, although Stacey seems to have toned it down a little recently.

I noticed this week they added London and Samantha Ponder into the opening credits as sitting in the guest co-host chairs.   I'm guessing London works pretty cheap (comparatively) - don't know and don't care about Ponder.  

Oh dear, but in fairness misspeaking the word continent for "country" or "region" is a far cry from admitting on national television that you not only don't know whether or not the earth is round or flat, but you've never even thought about it.

• Love 4

Oh dear, but in fairness misspeaking the word continent for "country" or "region" is a far cry from admitting on national television that you not only don't know whether or not the earth is round or flat, but you've never even thought about it.

True. I'm willing to assume that someone could say "every continent" when they meant to say "every country on the continent". I flub my words sometimes, so I can sympathize.

The Times I've seen her, Raven has seemed like the smartest on The View panel. Not the highest bar, but she's nowhere near Sherri level of ignorance.

• Love 2

I don't know how smart Raven is but I do think she comes off as poorly educated and not just because she either didn't know the difference between a continent and a country, which is minimum third/fourth grade stuff at least,  or wasn't prepared to speak about it. And it's not just because she had no idea who Ruth Bader Ginsburg was, and had never heard that name before.  Those are just two simple examples but I hear it every time I listen to her speak.   The "I look like a bird = saying the First Lady looks like a Planet of the Ape character" comes to mind as well.  So she may be smart but she needs to pick up a book once in a while. It's always startling to me to see young people with vast financial resources and zero interest in getting a formal. education. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Meanwhile, this  just in on Page Six:

http://pagesix.com/2015/04/27/abc-desperate-to-sign-raven-symone-to-the-view/

ABC Desperate To Sign Raven Symone To "The View"

ABC chiefs are desperately trying to sign Raven-Symoné as a host of “The View” before their upfront presentation May 12 in New York.

Sources say the former child star of “The Cosby Show,” Disney Channel actress and, more recently, “Empire” cast member was a hit when she guest-hosted the daytime show in March, alongside Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie Perez.

An ABC source told us, “She was interesting and provocative. Raven would be great as a regular host.” Her reps didn’t get back to us.

Interesting to see Brooke Anderson yesterday and today as a guest cohost. She recently left Entertainment Tonight because she said her husband got a job on the East Coast so they were moving as a family this summer. Maybe she's a contender!? I'd finally like someone pleasant on that panel, and she seems it. She also has the celebrity connection having interviewed so many (and actually knows how to interview). She seemed thrilled with the opportunity per her Instagram page, she definitely was kissing up to the cohosts saying how guest hosting was a dream come true. 

• Love 4

Another California girl is moving East... Molly Sims just posted on Instagram that she's moving to the East Coast (she didn't say where). Her husband is a movie producer or director and they are in NYC a lot... maybe she is a contender for the 5th seat, I think she's guest hosted quite a few times in the last few months (though not as much as Bangs has)

• Love 1

maybe she is a contender for the 5th seat, I think she's guest hosted quite a few times in the last few months (though not as much as Bangs has)

Whoopi made a comment at the end of today's show that they were happy to have Bangs sit in and hopefully it would soon be permanent.  

Bangs doesn't add much to the show for me, but I do feel sorry that she's so much larger than the other women on the panel.  I need to get over it.  If it doesn't bother her, it shouldn't bother me.  I guess Whoopi's really running the show now.   I had lunch with a friend recently who really REALLY enjoys everything about Whoopi.