Type keyword(s) to search

Nicolle Wallace: Have You Heard, She's a Republican!

• Start Topic

You must speak ill of all Republicans always.. That trait unfortunately has carried over from TWOP. 

I'll think you'll find that many of us from the now defunct TWoP have not talked ill of Nicolle. She's a great addition IMO.  I don't always agree with her but I don't speak ill of her either.  It was Bitsy who was the idiot and a pathetic voice of the right for so long.

• Love 8

I don't know Nicolle from other shows.  Never watched Morning Joe, never wanted to.  From what I see of her on The View, she's moderate.  She supports Republican positions, but that's probably why she's ... a Republican.

I was raised by moderate Republicans (something apparently went terribly wrong for them, because I turned out to be a lifelong Democrat) and welcome polite, thoughtful discourse.  Elisabeth was incapable of such a thing.  I don't mind seeing Republican viewpoints aired, just so there's equal time for those with opposing viewpoints as well.  I don't have a problem with the way the panel is.

Of course, there are always such extreme right-wingers who term people like Nicolle, Romney and McCain RINOs (Republicans In Name Only).  That's what I don't want to see on my morning TV, people who feel that the two previous Republican presidential candidates aren't "Republican enough."  That's precisely how I felt about Elisabeth, and her puppet master, Bill Geddie.  Ugh.  There's a good reason they are no longer part of this show, and Nicolle is.  YMMV.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 6

So I should not express my opinion on why I think Nicolle is phony as hell but long screeds on why Nicolle should not be held responsible for her actions and decisions is just fine? Okey dokie. She's better than Bitsy seems a very low bar to set for her or anyone else.

You should certainly express your opinions. They dont have to be supported by everyone.... but they should be shared.

Honestly Nicholle on The View is pretty moderate for a Republican..... but we are all aware that The View hosts all play a roll.  No political issue will slip by without her Right wing spin on it.... and she is quite smooth with that tactic. Sometimes you can hardly notice it.... but it is always there. Im sure when she is a talking head on a political show she is more volatile... because of the roll she plays.

I think disagreements make for positive discussions..... and I gotta say... that bolded comment is spot on!!

• Love 4
  No political issue will slip by without her Right wing spin on it.... and she is quite smooth with that tactic. Sometimes you can hardly notice it.... but it is always there. Im sure when she is a talking head on a political show she is more volatile... because of the roll she plays.

I'm not so sure Roger.  Nicolle was on The Week with George Stephanopolous (along with Ana Navarro, James Carvelle and Robert Reich) this morning and while she naturally appeared more confident than she does on The View, she still was very smooth and even-keeled in her speaking.  Now that could have been because  her big mouth buddy Ana Navarro did most of the talking (and talking over everyone) but volatile or rabid are not words I would use to describe her demeanor. at least this morning.  I've read that about Nicolle before: that part of her appeal is the way she just doesn't devolve into some vicious attack the way I've seen so many other 'analysts' do on TV, especially with the press which is in part probably why the Bush Administration hired her to do Communication work. 

I can find her totally enjoyable on The View (as well as WWHL) without agreeing with her politics. Like most people (outside political shows anyway),  I think she is more than her politics.  Besides, she really doesn't have any political clout anymore.    I think she lucked into a career in politics years ago because she was smart, talented, and yes, pretty.   That she has never been a flamethrower (or famewhore in my opinion) went a long way too.    Now she's riding that resume for all it's worth and I'm okay with that. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

Honestly I like Nicholle... I think she is pleasant and genuine..... and smooth is a very good description of her political stances.

I can also understand why SHOK doesn't "trust" her..... I think if push came to shove.... Nicholle would be right there in the mix

• Love 5

These are my feelings too. But I'm the kind of person who can't get enough of the Matalin/Carville dialogues. I love a dedicated Republican who can be passionate about her/his candidates without any of the liberals are satan's spawn rhetoric. 

• Love 2

These are my feelings too. But I'm the kind of person who can't get enough of the Matalin/Carville dialogues. I love a dedicated Democrat who can be passionate about her/his candidates without any of the Republican's are satan's spawn rhetoric.

See what I did there? Ha. I think most people are more alike than different.

I did see, and I like it. And I agree. 

• Love 2

That being said, I'll always hold Nicolle in high regard for not voting for McCain.

You see, I don't look at it this way.  This is how I look at it:  Nicolle knew early on that Sarah Palin was not only dangerously incompetent, but also bat shit crazy.  Yet Nicolle worked her ass off to make her look competent - and would have continued to do that very thing, except Palin became suspicious and irrationally believed Nicolle was sabotaging her.

So once Nicolle was forced out of her position, she kept all this information to herself, allowed the country to almost elect that moron to a heartbeat away from the presidency, then only after McCain/Palin loses, Nicolle piously proclaims she had too much integrity to vote for them.  I also can't respect Nicolle's refusal to criticize McCain for even choosing Palin.  In short, she continues to blindly support Bush, Cheney, and McCain.  The one person she criticizes is the person who no longer has any clout.  No courage there.

• Love 13

She is somewhat Bitsy like on the show when she chatters at a high pitch and talks over people.  But, she is not stupid, so that is  a plus.  I am "meh" about her, but I don't hate her like did Bitsy.

• Love 4

Thanks for the heads up about Letterman ginger.  I'll admit there more things I like about Nicolle than I dislike (on this show anyway) and one of those things is she is smart.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Yeah, she was good on Letterman. I think there must be something in knowing George W., getting charmed by him personally, that gets her to overlook a lot of things. I also think there is something about working on an administration that caused so many problems and made things so much worse that she isn't really able to admit yet. I really hate the, "Well Bush was trying his best!" argument.

• Love 3

Yeah, she was good on Letterman. I think there must be something in knowing George W., getting charmed by him personally, that gets her to overlook a lot of things. I also think there is something about working on an administration that caused so many problems and made things so much worse that she isn't really able to admit yet. I really hate the, "Well Bush was trying his best!" argument.

I'm pretty sure they spent so much time defending the mess that was made, it is not second nature to them..... not just Nicholle, but everyone that worked in that administration.

• Love 1

It's pretty much your job when you work for a politician to publicly be in agreement with your boss whether you totally agree or not. If she was treated well by Bush, which apparently she was, she will probably always have a degree of loyalty to him. She wouldn't have her current job if it wasn't for her job with Bush.

• Love 4

her big mouth buddy Ana Navarro did most of the talking (and talking over everyone) but volatile or rabid are not words I would use to describe her demeanor.

Speaking of Ana Navarro, we could really gotten screwed, and they could have given Nicolle's spot to her (Ana is a twofer, a Republican and a Latina.) I find Ana to be glib and shallow. Nicolle - and I've had my problems with her from her Morning Joe cackles - is neither.

• Love 1

Bad hair week Nic....just bad. Go back to it being a bit shorter and your old way of styling it.

Looks like she may be trying to grow it out and move to a longer hair length, it her old style was really great and flattering . . . what is her hair stylist doing?!

• Love 3

I just came to check to see how long it has been since anyone commented on this thread. It's been 10 days, and I'm only posting to say that. So, unless Nicolle does something different with her hair every couple of weeks, she's a relative nonentity on the show even with fans. 

To me she's pleasant and slightly interesting when she tells a story related to the Bush White House or to McCain run, otherwise she's just there. 

• Love 4

Although I like her demeanor on the show, I don't like her obvious alliance with Whoop.  Her communications background means she also has a lot of contacts in the yellow media for spreading gossip.  Just my view, but all those stories about Palin's expensive shopping trips on the campaign trail came from someone and I am not discounting her part in the news.

• Love 2

I just came to check to see how long it has been since anyone commented on this thread. It's been 10 days, and I'm only posting to say that. So, unless Nicolle does something different with her hair every couple of weeks, she's a relative nonentity on the show even with fans. 

To me she's pleasant and slightly interesting when she tells a story related to the Bush White House or to McCain run, otherwise she's just there. 

Her voice gets on my last nerve!  She also seems to embrace Whoopi a bit too much, almost looking to her for "did I do alright?"  I am remembering her first few shows and how terrified she was, said almost nothing unless asked.  She seems to have found a voice but not one I like.  She is not a good interviewer.  

• Love 8

but all those stories about Palin's expensive shopping trips on the campaign trail came from someone

This is no defense of Nicolle, but, the insane trips to Saks and Neiman Marcus as well as the delivery of racks of items to her suite at the Hyatt Regency just a few blocks down the Nicollet Mall from these stores was widely known locally.  It was followed closely because the guy that was giving Sen. Norm Coleman all kinds of money also paid for a lot Palin's shopping expenses, it was a local scandal at the time, the Palin side of the equation was bound to get covered nationally because of the election.

• Love 2

No matter what Nicolle does, I'll always like her because of her obvious disgust every time Palin's name is mentioned.

Eh, she was willing to do whatever it took to get her elected VP. So I'm not too impressed that she is now disgusted with her. And her constant apologetic view of GWB and Cheney still makes me side eye her.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

Eh, she was willing to do whatever it took to get her elected VP. So I'm not too impressed that she is now disgusted with her. And her constant apologetic view of GWB and Cheney still makes me side eye her.

Agreed. Had McCain won that election, you probably would have seen Nicolle high-up in the McCain-Palin administration's communications team right now. Maybe even as Palin's press secretary. She was complicit in hiding from the world the terrifying and dangerous ignorance of a person who would have been, as they say, one heartbeat away from being the most powerful person in the world.

That said, on this show, she is more measured and thoughtful than Bitsy, Laura Ingraham, Ana Navarro, and many other of the "professional female Republicans" out there. (And Patricia Heaton, whom this show has occasionally trotted out for that purpose.) That's damning her with faint praise, but it is what it is.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 6

Nicolle, please watch yourself on this weeks shows so you see what we the viewers so. You need to watch the pitch of your voice and not "cackle" or get shrill. And you repeated what amounted to "I couldn't hear her, was distracted by her hair, I wanted to comb it" at least FOUR times in less than 2 minutes. We get it..no need to repeat things....please.

• Love 3

Nicolle, please watch yourself on this weeks shows so you see what we the viewers so. You need to watch the pitch of your voice and not "cackle" or get shrill. And you repeated what amounted to "I couldn't hear her, was distracted by her hair, I wanted to comb it" at least FOUR times in less than 2 minutes. We get it..no need to repeat things....please.

You summed that up perfectly!!  She went way overboard on the hair thing and I think she realized it but couldn't stop herself or something so she kept at it like everyone was going to join in and all the others were doing was giving her a WTF look like move on!  And her voice is horrible horrible horrible!!  MUTE MUTE MUTE!  She just tries too hard!  

• Love 2

You summed that up perfectly!!  She went way overboard on the hair thing and I think she realized it but couldn't stop herself or something so she kept at it like everyone was going to join in and all the others were doing was giving her a WTF look like move on!  And her voice is horrible horrible horrible!!  MUTE MUTE MUTE!  She just tries too hard!  

My husband was in the other room one day when the View was on and said:  who has that horrible laugh, it's like a cackle!

• Love 5

Nicolle is wearing the Republican flip flops:

Wallace has been all over the map when it comes to Clinton, as well as this (email) scandal. On October 23, 2014, the former Republican operative endorsed her presidential run, saying, "I'm a huge fan."      - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/03/11/huh-abcs-nicolle-wallace-media-hate-hillary-clinton#sthash.WRLXwBa1.dpuf

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

Here's Nicolle's doppelganger, don't you think?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/04/22/sharyl-attkisson-teams-up-with-conservative-bro/203381

They look alike and think alike, too, or at least promote the same agenda.

Edited because I found a better pic.

Wow, they do look alike!   But Nicolle's professional rep is better; at least it was before she came on The View, lol.  

From the link: 

Discredited former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson...

...Media Matters has documented Attkisson's long history of sloppy and inaccurate reporting, including her confused allegation that someone in the government broke into her computers. After leaving CBS, Attkisson has been producing reports for the conservative Daily Signal, which continue to be plagued by her inaccurate reporting.

And yet, still finding gigs. 

Just curious. Has Nicolle ever mentioned Cheney on the show? I thought Pres. Obama nailed it when he called Cheney "the worst president in my lifetime" at the WHCD, just one of his many really good zingers.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7

I just tried to read Nicolle's new book Madam President. I was on a waiting list for the ebook at my library. 

I read the first chapter, skimmed the second and the rest, then decided it wasn't my cup of tea. It is very heavy on White House job procedures. It goes on and on about the minutia of each character's job.   I'm not sure who the main character really is. The  book starts off with the perspective of the secretary of defense (a woman). The president is a woman along with the vice-president and it seems quite a lot of female characters but none of them seem to have a personality.

Iraq is moving along smoothly with our presence still there. However, 5 locations in the US have been suicide bombed. Anyway, the first chapters are all dialogue between the characters. I felt like it was a tv or movie script.

It was really hard to read without hearing Nicolle screeching in my head so that could have tanked it for me too.

• Love 1

So NW just said she is from California yet didn't we hear her make a huge faux pas about not knowing a California landmark recently, sorry I forgot what it was.  Stop playing stupid you smart ass!  LOL

She's a fan of all of the Northern California sports teams, and grew up in the Bay Area.  She did her undergrad work at Berkeley.