Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: The Auteur

• Start Topic

GLcqNTQaoAA1w_x?format=jpg&name=large

(Season Finale)

Her choices have unknowingly led to deadly consequences, but Anna can still have it all - for a price.

Premiere Date: April 24, 2024     FX   10pm 

ahs-delicate-finale.jpg

American-Horror-Story_-Delicate-Part-Two

• Useful 1
50 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Will this be universally acclaimed as the worst season ever?

Possibly.  I didn't really understand much of anything in the episode.  It seemed like a Mad Libs-style finale where the writers had a vague idea of what they wanted, then just filled in the blanks with random words picked out of a hat.  That's how we ended up with a double incest monster baby. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I’ll Venmo anybody here 27 cents if you can explain the fucking plot.

Here’s my take: this whole series was a great argument for the patriarchy.  

Now: go! & watch the real thing: Rosemary’s Baby.  Mia Farrow’s terrific, and Oscar-winner Ruth Gordon is a creepy hoot.  And the movie’s punchline (“He has his Father’s eyes”) is..a gut-punch.

Let’s do this again next year!!🤣

Christ I need a drink.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

This was just awful. I get it that it was some dated trope on “women can’t have it all” but none of it made sense. All it took to destroy Kim K and her cronies was to utter a chant?  Then the real baby magically appeared in a christening gown? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

A glimpse into the writers room of Delicate:

Writer#1: “okay okay, it’s like a coven and they wear these bird hats and they need babies and they’re evil because……..well they’re just evil”

Writer#2: “yeah yeah, and we need a cheating husband, you know to confuse everyone and he’s bad, no he’s good, oh shit who cares and we’ll throw in a bunch of weird moody set pieces because that shit is just cool”

Writer#3: “wait wait, we’re on the final ep and none of this really makes sense, how do we tie it all up”

Writer#1: “with a chant and then the baby is real and the witches are banished, yeah that’s it, man we are good”

Everyone pats themselves on the back, take their big bags of money and laugh all the way out of the room.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

This is the 12th season & although some haven't been great none have been this bad, there's no cohesion to whatever the storyline is. The seasons have often varied between fantastic & WTF but this surely has to be the end of the road.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

This honestly feels like an AHS parody, not an actual season. The stupid "scary" outfits, the nonsensical girl power buzzwords, the testicles in a box, everything being resolved super easily in the last second, cheesy acting, gratuitous blood, its like the way I would sarcastically guess this season would end. 

We still have no idea what/who KK is, what the deal is with the cult, we don't know why baby Anna was chosen, we basically got no answers and the ride wasn't fun enough to justify it. 

This really just made me want to watch Rosemary's Baby, and I suggest you do the same.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Starchild said:

Will this be universally acclaimed as the worst season ever?

Yes, and I feel embarrassed for everyone involved, especially the writers who had to attach their names to this nonsense. It was just one long cringefest, and I felt like an asshole for asking my husband to watch it with me. 

The scene where Siobhan and her crew are explaining what they were doing made no sense. She needs Anna to carry a baby that is her egg and her son's sperm because...reasons. She kills Cara Delevigne's character because she followed Siobhan's orders to a T? Anna is able to make it all going away by doing a chant that some ghost whispers into her ear? Why didn't this lady utter that chant before Siobhan and the others gutted her?

What was the point of Siobhan's relationship with the Dominic Burgess character? 

This show needs a long break. It can come back when the writers have some fun ideas. I used to get excited just speculating once the showrunners would confirm the theme for each season. Now I'm worried that they're out of good ideas. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
19 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Yes, and I feel embarrassed for everyone involved, especially the writers who had to attach their names to this nonsense. It was just one long cringefest, and I felt like an asshole for asking my husband to watch it with me. 

Yes.

Or, to put it a different way, here’s the speech from Billy Madison.  I’d like to dedicate it to all involved:

”What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I read somewhere (Instagram?) this was based on a book. And in the book Siobhan was protecting Anna because she was carrying the cult baby but the writers chose to change the plot. Or something.

Edited by rhofmovalley
  • Useful 1

Stupid, stupid, stupid me for watching all of this. Did anyone else notice the whole time Anna was in labor her hair stayed nice and neat in her little bun not a hair out of place lol. Why the F did Anna put that hat on and keep it on after the witches went poof? So did daddy go poof with the witches? They should've just had this season be a coma dream Anna was having and her waking up at the end, would've been more believable than this shit. I'm tired of Emma Roberts but can't stand Kim K. at least everyone got a glimpse of Kim without all the face paint she wears for a split second at the end 🤣 

• Like 3

Do these writers not watch anything in the genre they’re writing for? Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Charmed defeated big bads every season and did far better than this. It is a waste of everyone’s time to spend an entire season developing a story about this powerful cult of witches and their incredibly powerful leader, and then have them all defeated by uttering a few lines of a chant. The whole thing took about 30 seconds, and then I guess the immortals just all disintegrated, along with evil sperm donor daddy. This also magically turns her baby into a normal baby, but genetically it is still 3/4 Siobhan and one part evil grandpa, so I wouldn’t want that kid.

Why the pimple that Anna never saw a dermatologist to take care of? Why the stupid dolls? Was it just fun gaslighting Anna? Why would Siobhan order one of her minions to kill her son and then be mad about it?

I think Emma Robert’s was miscast here. I also think the writers should not be hired for anything ever again. Seriously, I could have wrote a better ending, and I bet everyone posting here could have, too.

This was AWFUL.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4