Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/15/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

I think it will take Whoopi time to release she is less powerful with these co-hosts.

I agree.  It certainly is something I did not anticipate, maggiemae.  But I am finding it a welcomed development.  And good point about the commercial breaks.  Unless Whoopi as moderator says "when we come back, we will continue to discuss...", going to commercial break (which seems like every two minutes) ends the discussion on any given topic.

OTOH, I don't think Whoopi changes her opinion much....and that is not necessarily a good thing.

Totally agree.  Not only that, but she just doesn't seem to be open to even hearing others' opinions.  Funny, she always struck me as the type who would want to hear and listen to others' opinions.  Years ago, and I mean years, she had her own talk show.  I don't remember much, other than it was a quiet set, a one-on-one and that she was good at it.  Even though she's stepped up her View game (no choice), she does not seem to be on board with the reality that this is a four-way discussion.

I don't mind mixed media in fashion but Nicole, I hope you burned that dress.

I normally notice things like that, but today I didn't notice her dress!  She didn't spend much time on camera today (and I'm not complainin' 'bout that, lol),  I did notice her makeup, and thought it was toned down, not so stark, better shades and was a real improvement, so maybe I was more focused on that.  I've tried looking for a picture but have been unsuccessful.  Can anyone describe for me just how ugly it was? 

RP is the one having the smoothest experience.  I didn't expect to like her at all and I couldn't have been more wrong--she's terrific.

I agree.  Oh, Rosie P, I am really, really liking you.  So...one question:  Where have you been all my (View) life?

• Love 5

Good question. I wasn't sure so did a quick Google & nothing really jumped out at me. I did find this article mentioning tomorrow's interview with Rosie. It also has the interview from 1997 when Barbra appeared on Rosie's show.

Oh my! I remember that interview. My mother used to put her Christmas album on when we decorated the tree too. Oh the noise my father made about that, LOL. Rosie and my sister were born on the same day and the same year. Any way, both parents have passed away and I get Rosie's connection.

• Love 3

Heh. Whoopi's hungover and feeling combative. 

No kidding.  She must have repeated herself half a dozen times without saying anything new.    I got it Whoopi, shaming preschoolers (or any child) is fine with you because back in the day, blah blah blah.   Whoopi has  history on this show of presenting herself as some sort of child raising expert and it's a personal pet peeve of mine.  Hey Whoopi, you know how to get your children to respect you?  Respect them.  Bravo to Rosie for calling out the control booth and continuing the discussion. 

I'm glad she [Rosie] pushed back... and I find it interesting that she is wearing the ear piece when she said she wouldn't wear one last time.

Last time, Sweaty Bill Geddie and his minions were on the other end of the earpiece.  I don't know whose in the booth this time but I'll bet it's someone Rosie respects. 

As far as Whoopi wearing one, it's been SEVEN YEARS, she should know how to listen without bringing everything to a screeching halt, (Wait, what do you say?)  Especially when I consider the kind of bank she's pulling for this part time gig.  

Has Barbra Streisand ever been a guest on The View before?

I don't think so - at least I can't imagine it.  Horrors!   But I must be old because I do remember when she appeared on The Rosie O'Donnell Show after months (years?) of Rosie trying to make that happen.  I'm really looking forward to the interview tomorrow now that Rosie (and I) are 17 years older. 

Love the new set, I liked the Oprah-esqe entrance to the stage too. Mostly I like that Sweaty Geddie is gone.  I think it's going to smooth out fine.     Of course I'd like less pontificating by Whoopi but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

OMG, the Neil Patrick Harris interview was fantastic. An honest conversation with two cohosts who are really interested in him. This is the kind of stuff the show has been missing for YEARS.

A+

Can't imagine Elizabeth and Sherri asking him about his husband and family. That woukd have been something, all right.

• Love 6

Rosie and Whoopi bring real respect from the entertainment field. EH and SS not so much. I realize SS was on different comedies at times but I noticed when the stars of the shows were guests they treated SS no differently than the other co-hosts and focused on the audience/viewers/BW and WG.

Just like EH never really received particular support from the GOPers on the show.

IMO RO and WG will pull in big names....already NPH and Streisand. And Friday we have Billy Crystal.

Pretty good for 1 week considering the first day was (kinda) figuring how to adapt for them. More or less a try out.

I'm pretty confident things will change over the next weeks.

And hope WG realizes her opinion is not necessarily the last one. Especially when she says the same thing over and over and no one is buying it.

RO smiled more today and NW actually laughed today. So I think there is a lot of things going on behind the scene.....for the co-hosts and management.

• Love 4

Rosie isn't wearing an earpiece this time go-round either, is she? She was adamant about not wearing one during Season 10, and in "Celebrity Detox" (yes, I'm one of the five people that bought it), she wrote that one of her proudest accomplishments was convincing Elisabeth and Joy to stop using theirs as well.

• Love 2
I did notice her makeup, and thought it was toned down, not so stark, better shades and was a real improvement, so maybe I was more focused on that.

Dreamboat Annie...I agree.  Her lips no longer glow in the dark!   I haven't seen any pictures of that dress yet.

• Love 2
I have a feeling Whoopi is going to get progressively more frustrated as the other cohosts (yes, including Nicole) show themselves to be more articulate than she is and less willing to back down from her pontificating than the previous cohosts. That's what happens when people pick up a book or newspaper instead of getting all their news from TMZ.

Today, Whoopi didn't seem like she had a different opinion, she really seemed annoyed with everyone for continuing to disagree with her, like she wasn't used to it. Everyone else was nicely adding new things to the discussion but Whoopi was sounding repetitive.

IMO RO and WG will pull in big names....already NPH and Streisand. And Friday we have Billy Crystal.

God, last year's guest list was such a joke. It often looked like the only people who would show up on that show were either from Fox News or had an ABC/ABC Family/Disney show to promote.

One more thing I noticed as the credits rolled: Rosie went to Tim, whispered in his ear presumably asking him to meet a fan in the audience. He walked over and hugged two ladies. What a sweet move - something I've never witnessed any of the View hosts ever doing. THAT is the Rosie I love and is why I think she connects so well with a lot of people.

THAT is the host of The Rosie O'Donnell Show at work, it's RO at her best, when she shows that she understands what it's like to be a fan. It's good to see that Rosie again.

• Love 10

Rosie isn't wearing an earpiece this time go-round either, is she? She was adamant about not wearing one during Season 10, and in "Celebrity Detox" (yes, I'm one of the five people that bought it), she wrote that one of her proudest accomplishments was convincing Elisabeth and Joy to stop using theirs as well.

Celebrity Detox was on the New York Times nonfiction bestseller list for quite a while, so you have a *little* more company than that.

• Love 3

I got the indication today that she is indeed wearing one now. It sure looked to me like she audibly responded to someone instructing them to move on.  I can imagine those things are hard to get used to - and would explain much of why Rosie has been acting so different from the past. For the reasons you mentioned above, maybe she's hesitant to reveal that she's wearing one until she gets used to it - or ditches it.

• Love 4

The biggest annoyance to me is the producers going to commercial when they think it is necessary....not scheduled. And that they don't resume the conversation after commercial. Too many topics to cover.

In the hands of a skilled moderator, the pre-set time cues wouldn't come across as so awkward.  This is a highly scripted, scheduled program, likely with every break cued to the second. That's not likely to change. A trained moderator (not an actress, not a comedienne) knows how to steer the conversation when there is 90 seconds left, then 60 seconds, then 30 seconds.  You can't just blow out 5 minutes of paid sponsors.  Plus, local stations have pre-set commercials/promotions already loaded into their computers.  Sure, there is a degree of automation already in place.  For over a month, my local CBS station launched one minute of local commercials exactly 22 minutes into the CBS Evening News, even though CBS had changed the time cue to Minute 24.  The same is likely true for the hundreds of ABC affiliates, especially in markets where The View airs live.  (The west coast feeds can always be tweeked.)

It does seem that they have reduced the Hot Topic count a bit.  The serious/airhead topic flip flop is a bit jarring.  I suspect that the rationale is cover all their audience base.  Especially in a TV landscape where folks click away when a topic lasts longer than 3 minutes.  

• Love 5

Hee, I liked that, too. And as my list of things to like about Whoopi grows shorter & shorter, I have always appreciated the fact that she never hesitates to express her disdain for reality tv. As someone who finds it equally as loathsome, I do love her for that!

Your list will get shorter then, because Whoopi is producing a reality show about her family. ......sellout!!!

Edited by Eileen Dover
  • Love 2
My biggest complaint so far is Nicole saying she loved that Canadian politician and thought he was awesome without really explaining why. Regardless of his politican acumen and abilities, a public figure who is a bumbling, drug addicted, alcoholic spectacle should not be commended or held up as a role model.

I don't think she loves him because he's a role model, I think she loves him for the same reason I love him, he's a train wreck.

• Love 5

Celebrity Detox was on the New York Times nonfiction bestseller list for quite a while, so you have a *little* more company than that.

I'm in that company too, as I bought that book.  I even found a copy of the more obscure Find Me years ago in a used book store. 

I did notice her makeup, and thought it was toned down, not so stark, better shades and was a real improvement, so maybe I was more focused on that.

Along with toning down Nichole's makeup, I noticed that Rosie P's makeup was tweaked for the better yesterday, too.  On Monday & Tuesday, it appeared as though she had no blush on and definitely had no lipstick on because I thought she looked too bare faced and washed out for tv.  But yesterday she was wearing lipstick and probably some blush, too, because I immediately noticed the difference. 

Rosie O. had the patience of a friggin' saint yesterday because when she asked Whoopi if she could explain her point about Blake and the hitting -- as she was relaying her story and explaining it, Whoopi was very loudly grunting "Uh huh, Uh huh, Uh huh"  in a really sarcastic and patronizing tone.  And she was clearly choosing to not listen and hear any of the points that Rosie was trying to impart on her.  She was basically just humouring her because she had to and her intolerance to learn anything from the discussion was clearly on display.  She better quickly learn to start playing nice. 

Your list will get shorter then, because Whoopi is producing a reality show about her family. ......sellout!!!

Oh God, that's right!  I forgot about that!  I think Donnie Wahlberg and his production company are behind that mess and that nobody ended up wanting to buy it though -- shocking!  Just more proof that with Whoopi -- it's all about the benjamins!   I always think of the time she played herself on 30 Rock and she says to Tracy Jordan in reference as to why she took some job "Bitch has gotta eat!" 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 2

Rosie O. had the patience of a friggin' saint yesterday because when she asked Whoopi if she could explain her point about Blake and the hitting -- as she was relaying her story and explaining it, Whoopi was very loudly grunting "Uh huh, Uh huh, Uh huh"  in a really sarcastic and patronizing tone.  And she was clearly choosing to not listen and hear any of the points that Rosie was trying to impart on her.  She was basically just humouring her because she had to and her intolerance to learn anything from the discussion was clearly on display.  She better quickly learn to start playing nice.

As much as I despised Elisabeth for being so dead set in her views I would have to say Whoopi is just as bad.  Especially when it comes to raising kids.  She always talks with such authority on parenting.  Yes, Whoopi you raised your child the way you fit.  Doesn't mean it was the right way. Doesn't mean it was the wrong way.  But fo herr to be so dismissive of someone having a different opinion on how to be a parent is the height of arrogance.  She might be an EGOT winner but I don't remember anyone ever giving  her a Mother of the Year award.

Oh God, that's right!  I forgot about that!  I think Donnie Wahlberg and his production company are behind that mess and that nobody ended up wanting to buy it though -- shocking!

Sad to say I watched a clip of the show and OMG it was awful.  It was just her daughter and her family being filmed pretty much doing absolutely nothing.  Alex definitely didn't inherit her mother's screen presence.  I just do not see a career on camera for her at all.

• Love 2

Day three and Whoopi is again being confronted by the other three. Because Whoopi knows what to do when someone is passed out from too much alcohol, it it ok that this dad made his son drink till being hospitalized. The other three were not having any of it. Yep, Whoopi is in a whole new territory.

• Love 6
Yes, Whoopi you raised your child the way you fit.

I'd put money up that Whoopi's mother did the majority of the raising.

I was in first or second grade at my Catholic school.  The entire school--maybe 400 kids at that time--was brought to "the foyer" to hear some bigger boy's apology.  I never did learn what he did, but I felt as humiliated as he was supposed to.  He was probably in eighth grade.  I saw him at Mass for the rest of my young life and felt a bit of guilt every time (I moved away when I was almost 24).  I guess his "shaming" worked on me.  None of the classmates I keep in touch with remember this at all.

• Love 6

Just popping in to say that the show isn't over yet, but I wish there was another hour.  It was so good today.

May I mention again how much I'm loving Rosie P??!!!

ETA:  The more I like Rosie P, the less I'm liking Whoopi.  She's beginning to get on my last nerve with her lack of patience for other people's opinions & today, Rosie O threw the show closing to her & Whoopi said "you started it, you finish it" -- paraphrasing here, but that's the jist.

Also, I don't know why Whoopi is self-identifying with Southerners (& speaking for them), when she was born & raised in Manhattan.  Check her out on Wikipedia!!  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 6
I think Donnie Wahlberg and his production company are behind that mess and that nobody ended up wanting to buy it though -- shocking!

To clarify, it's the same production company behind Wahlburgers (his show) that is partnered with Whoopi for hers but Donnie himself isn't part of it.

Rosie isn't wearing an earpiece this time go-round either, is she?

I'm not sure if she is, but she did make a point when it looks like they were told to move on and she said something along the lines of "why? We're talking here, isn't this the point of the show?"  Which I'm glad she did.  The few times I watched over the past few years, I hated that topics were cut off mid stream to go to something else.

• Love 2

Ha! Medicine Crow saw it too. Whoopi could have finished the ending tag "enjoy the view" after RO started saying the beginning part, she was just being salty with her "go ahead you started it" crap. I've been pretty neutral on both of them, but she (Whoopi) was just being difficult for no reason.

Edited by Sugarbaker
  • Love 2

Day three and Whoopi is again being confronted by the other three. Because Whoopi knows what to do when someone is passed out from too much alcohol, it it ok that this dad made his son drink till being hospitalized. The other three were not having any of it. Yep, Whoopi is in a whole new territory.

Yep!  With this group, Whoopi is going to have to explain the logic behind her questionable opinions.   She is no longer going to be able to just put her shit out there as gospel and leave it at that like she was able to with Dumb & Dumber and Jenny.  These 3 women are not only smarter -- they are also much stronger and are not afraid of her like the previous 3 were.  Intimidation is not going to work on these 3 ladies.  And Bravo to that!!!

• Love 8

I couldn't believe Whoopi was trying to defend that father. First of all, giving minors alcohol is illegal (and I'm pretty sure that even includes if their parents give it to them- feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), secondly - it doesn't even seem like this was done within the privacy of their own home because (thirdly) a neighbour called for the ambulance. Are you kidding me? Somebody else had to call for help to stop this man's son from dying? Why didn't the dad call. His son had to be resuscitiated (according to the View). I also don't think that making someone drink til they pass out is effective in preventing them from drinking ever again.

The first part of defending the Frozen movie was a bit over the top and I didn't really feel like it needed discussing because I would imagine that most people disagreed about Mayim's opinion on the movie.

• Love 3

Wasn't one of the show's "problems" with RO the first time around that she declined to say the signoff verbatim?  She would either blow it off entirely or say, "Take a little time to enjoy YOUR view."

Edited by Qoass
  • Love 1

Whoopi is around my age, and I am always puzzled by her ideas on parenting.  She seems to have the philosophy that people can do whatever they want.  She has spoken before in favor of teenagers having sex and having babies if that's what they want to do.  And then raise the babies however you want to.  Most people of her (my)  generation tend to give the message to wait until you are mature and ready to make the decision responsibly, and raise your kids with dignity and a sense of responsibility.  

I guess that's why Whoopi is a great-grandmother, and I have kids who are college grads, working,  and not yet ready to start  a family.  

(I've also told my kids that they better be ready to raise whatever kids they have, because I wasn't going to do it for them) 

• Love 10

At the end of the alcohol topic--which shook out, again, at three-to-one--just as they go to commercial, there's a quick shot of Whoopi with an exasperated look on her face, which I interpreted as "WTF is going on here?"

I was disappointed with the much-touted Streisand, umm, interview.  Produced and directed by, with clips, set, makeup, lighting and soft-focus camera lens provided by, Barbra Streisand.  C'mon, Babs.  We, the aging Viewers, will love you more for aging along with us as you continue to pump out the talent.

Rescued tripod dog!  YAY!!!!!

• Love 2

People die all the time from alcohol poisoning because their friends assume they are just sleeping it off.  Plus, I'd be especially nervous to see an underage kid drink to that point since their system is not used to it.  It was a really strange issue to come out in support of.

• Love 7

I think Mayim's criticism of Frozen didn't really bother Rosie, and that Rosie was just spoofing it. Then gave away the movie.

Whoopi seems to follow that "doing the best he/she knew at the time" argument all the time. IMO that is a trite cliché and is meaningless....excusing bad behavior.

The ISIS topic was interesting and I liked that RO pointed out how weary we are of war....and Rosie P pointed out how difficult the war is since we are fighting a movement (?) rather than a country.

• Love 9

At the end of the alcohol topic--which shook out, again, at three-to-one--just as they go to commercial, there's a quick shot of Whoopi with an exasperated look on her face, which I interpreted as "WTF is going on here?"

Whoopi hates people disagreeing with her. She needs to work on that if she's planning on staying on the show. 

My advice would be to READ different newspaper accounts on whatever Hot Topic they will be discussing. It's clear one problem is she is unprepared --- I notice when she is backed into a corner, she flails about and runs to the "I did not read/know that, we don't know"{ position. I am not saying Rosie and Rosie's view is 100% right, but since Whoopi has SUCH a strong opinion, she should stop relying on her gut and stick to the facts. She will look better and come off a much more effective moderator in the long run.

What I suspect - and this is merely my opinion - is that she rolls in 10-15 minutes before they go on air and relies on the Hot Topics Team to just read an article to her. She should instead show up an hour beforehand, find out what they will be discussing and then research it from all angles. 

I realize what she was doing before in just reading cards, saying her opinion and then saying "we don't-know, we weren't there" worked before but there is a new game in town. 

I was not really impressed with them - or rather Rosie going after Mayim. But I can see maggiemae's point that maybe it was a spoof. If so, I think that was a bit clunky. I did like that she gave away copies of Frozen", that was cute. I also liked how she invited Mayim on to discuss it. 

On a side note: I rented Frozen a month or so back and was BORED to tears. I only watched about 20 minutes of it, turned it off and returned it. I now want to watch it again - I was giving the Prince the side eye when I saw it, thought there was something fishy about him and now I want to see Frozen in it's entirety.

I enjoyed the Streissand  interview. I'm not terribly familiar with her or her work but I was really impressed. RosieO did a great job in the interview, I just felt she was very interested (which she is, she's a huge fan). But her enthusiasm made ME feel enthusiastic. Plus Streissand came off as a very interesting person.

I love the new set ( I did not mention that before)

and I REALLY love RosieP.

Edited to add: I'm not a fan of the viral videos. I hope they scrap that. 

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 5

I just watched the episode where talked about the 4 year old hitting.

Whoopi seemed pissed that everyone didn't agree with her. I know WG is a advocate for spanking, but I was just so ashamed of her to think just because the father didn't spank he was right. I agreed with Ro&Ro.

It touched me when Rosie spoke of Blake doing well. My 4 year old son is nonverbal (improving everyday) and her story gave me hope.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

Wow! Don't bother reading that awful crap NY Post wrote, but read some of the comments. after! Every single comment is just hateful towards Ro. Who are these people that read the Post? It's like they are watching something else.

• Love 5

To milk the buzz, the producers decided to make Whoopi’s creepy take on the world the start of the opening segment.  For me, this nonsense is already boring.

Yes, they obviously love the sparks of parenting discussions.

The Post got the new co-hosts wrong, I'm not so sure about their sources.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

Wow! Don't bother reading that awful crap NY Post wrote, but read some of the comments. after! Every single comment is just hateful towards Ro. Who are these people that read the Post? It's like they are watching something else.

The Post is Rupert Murdoch's rag. Yes, that Murdoch, of FOX.  Gossip and innuendo. i don't trust that newspaper one bit. And I'm not surprised to read there are negative comments directed at Rosie. 

• Love 6

I thought today's show was much better than the first 3. Nichole is going to have to step it up when she wants to make a point about something other than politics, though. She always seems to get cut off and then she just gives up. I doubt she and Rosie are feuding because they're both professionals, they both know what Nichole's role on the show is and they haven't been together long enough to really hate each other yet. Loving Rosie Perez. Got to go inject my dog with heroin now. I can just tell he's thinking about becoming a user and I want to nip that shit in the bud.

• Love 7

I'm sorry I'm a little late to the discussion. I was busy teaching my son to look both ways before crossing the road by blindfolding him and pushing him out of the car on Interstate 25.

Oh, Whoopi. If she keeps this up, I'll be waxing nostalgic for the good old days when the Earth was flat in no time at all.

Did anyone catch the Jessica Chastain interview and how was it? I love that woman so much.

• Love 16

I dont think Whoopi said it was "ok" that his dad made him drink.... but she said that because of the problems the dad had.... she understood why he did it..... I understand it too.... having to go to the hospital is proof that he went too far.... but it reminds me of when parents catch their kids smoking and make them smoke a whole pack as a teachable moment. Im with Rosie P.... I hope he doesnt have to go to jail for his mistakes

• Love 4

The critique of Frozen (I have no desire to watch it) just cracked me up...... Rosie O gave a little dig to the split screen.... I loved how she took a trivial moment and turned it into some tragic event.

On other thing about Rosie..... she is truly a fan and it was very obvious in the Barbara S interview...... I think that was what they were trying to do with Sherri..... have her act like a fan and fake being genuine.... I think Sherri felt like a fan at the start but things changed

• Love 3

Oh my god, how can Whoopi defend a parent who forced his child to drink so much that he passed out and had to have an EMT intervention?  His parenting choice could have killed his child.  And no, I am not being dramatic.  And no Whoopi, you don't know what to do when someone passes out, clearly since what you do is CALL 911!!!  

The person I have been most impressed with this week has been Rosie Perez.  She is smart, charming and totally willing to stand up and respectfully defend her beliefs.  I have always found her to be a little manic in interviews previously, so I didn't have high expectations and she's exceeded them and then some.  

I thought the Rosie defending Frozen to Mayim Bialik was cute.  It was clearly campy in nature to me.  For different reasons I am also not a fan of Frozen, so I had better watch out or Rosie is coming for me!

Nicolle was basically defending Obama in the ISIS situation, wasn't she?  Color me impressed.  

I loved the interview with Rosie and Barbra.  I remember what a mess Ro was those many years ago when she was on her show.  Ro basically had a panic attack on stage and Barbra had to try to calm her down.  One of the many things I love about Ro is that she is a fan of people much like we are.  She gushes about those who she is a fan of.  I personally can't stand Barbra Streisand, but I sure love how much Rosie loves her.  

• Love 7

I'd put money up that Whoopi's mother did the majority of the raising.

That's exactly the thing that always makes me shake my head when she starts on her some of her *I am an expert on all things parenting* rants. She has said herself that she was barely there when her kid was growing up because she was out focusing on her career. I understand that and don't hold that choice against her. She did what she needed to do at the time, but she needs to stop holding herself out as a 24/7 parent of the century because it just isn't based in reality.

• Love 8

I'm wondering how Whoopi can be such a (self-appointed) authority on raising children when, on several occasions, she admitted that she "checked out" when her "kid" was a child in order to further her career.  Just sayin'.

That's exactly the thing that always makes me shake my head when she starts on her some of her *I am an expert on all things parenting* rants. She has said herself that she was barely there when her kid was growing up because she was out focusing on her career. I understand that and don't hold that choice against her. She did what she needed to do at the time, but she needs to stop holding herself out as a 24/7 parent of the century because it just isn't based in reality.

Sorry, I was composing my comment when the phone rang, so didn't see your post til after I posted mine.

• Love 8

This was already posted in the media thread. I would take anything that the New York Post prints with a Humvee sized grain of salt. That tabloid isn't exactly a bastion of ethical and accurate reporting. And don't forget they're owned by the same people who own ClusterFox and employ Bitsy. Just sayin.

• Love 8

I thought today's show was much better than the first 3. Nichole is going to have to step it up when she wants to make a point about something other than politics, though. She always seems to get cut off and then she just gives up. 

But boy, oh, boy, when she does get to speak in her field of expertise, it's amazing how much insight she can give on the subject in so few sentences. I'm thinking of the Air Force One reference and her take on the current crisis. Presumably free from needing to make a name for herself as a Talking Head on cable news program, she is able to really look at an issue and apply her knowledge and experience to put some meaning to the endless spin we're normally subjected to.

I think she's still finding her voice in regards to other issues and was probably called out for cross talk in the first couple of episodes. This team have good chemistry even in conflict. I don't think that I would like a Nanny State run by the Rosie's squared. I like them both as entertainers (I saw the Frozen rant as a bit...and a pretty good one), but I'm more comfortable with Whoopie's POV in these last few debates. I get very nervous when TV personalities behave like they know better about how I should lead my life than I do (Don't worry, I don't have any kids to beat, shame or intoxicate). 

• Love 4

Hi Roger. I remember those days of smoking the whole pack of cigs when caught. My point was more about Whoopi being confronted and not coming across as the know-it-all she loves to be. In fact, I think Whoopi will really start to dislike this new territory.

Whoopi did seem genuinely irritated, but it almost looks as if they have planned a list of horrible parenting stories to which Whoopi is always expected to defend the parent. But I don't suppose she would be so irritated if it were just scripted. 

• Love 4