Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/15/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Why is Whoopi dressed like a handy man? And oh man, Nicolle's dress is fecking ugly. Rosie P looks absolutely radiant and, combined with her sensible input, it is becoming increasingly hard for me to hold on to my dislike for her.

What kind of violent bubble does Whoopi inhabit anyway, that whip-stripes on a child's body constitute a bop? She is just so utterly out of touch.

• Love 5

OMG, the Neil Patrick Harris interview was fantastic. An honest conversation with two cohosts who are really interested in him. This is the kind of stuff the show has been missing for YEARS.

I agree!  Much the same goes for the Tim McGraw interview.  Rosie Perez was so engaged and in the moment with him; I could see them making eye contact with each other and as a viewer, it was so very enjoyable to watch an interview between 2 people who seemed to be enjoying the moment.  They were both being thoughtful and sincere with what they were discussing.   Rosie did a fanstastic job in this interview and I can see that she is going to great on this show. 

The overall vibe of the show is so much more calm this year.  How nice! I can't believe I am watching the same show.  I can't believe I just called The View calm?!  In what universe?

And there is something to be said for celebs who keep quiet and live super private lives.  Because the more Whoopi talks, the less I like her.   I am at the point of seriously questioning why ABC even has her on this show because of some of the seriously questionable crap that comes out of her mouth. 

In other random news, I just realized I have the same haircut as Nichole and Whoopi needs to close her legs when sitting on the stool, please.  And I have no idea how to spell Nicolle, Nichole, Nicolle, ... ?  why do people do that to their children's names?

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 10

I have been watching The View since the beginning and except for crazy Sherri and Lizzy, I have enjoyed all the hosts. This year is no different. I love my RO and RP is delightful. A year of intelligence would be a nice change from the last few years. 

My ONLY complaint this year is that damn table . The ladies look so uncomfortable. Give them a table that they can sit at. PLEASE

• Love 6

No one suggested the Dad withdraw privileges or take away the kid's stuff as punishment for hitting!!??  Isn't that usually the route parents take these days??

I'm loving Rosie P!!!  What an interesting gal.

Whoopi seems to be getting better & better at derailing conversations & defending the indefensible!!  Oh yeah, & not knowing all the fucking FACTS!!!

I think Rosie O is doing fine & today she didn't let Whoopi get away with defending the 4-yr.-old's Dad for shaming him.  Her story about her son was spot on!  Go Rosie!!

Nichole (sp?) is going to have an uphill pull to impress me.  So far, not impressed!!

• Love 8

What kind of violent bubble does Whoopi inhabit anyway, that whip-stripes on a child's body constitute a bop? She is just so utterly out of touch.

She's already a GREAT-GRANDMOTHER!!  Yeah, I'd say she's a little out of touch in raising children.

• Love 3

Yikes that hot topics was a mess, especially w/them having to cut to a commercial every few minutes so the panel wouldn't get all hot and bothered.  If the earpiece thing is true and the control room was the ones telling them to go to commercial and move on then this won't work.  When Whoopi said they had to go to a commercial and the rest of the panel looked surprised by that, you could see Rosie looking pissed like wtf?!  It makes sense now that they were who Rosie O was talking about when she said they should be able to discuss; I thought she was striking out at Whoopi at that moment.  

I didn't know Rosie O only signed a year contract, with that being said now, she won't make it to the end of the season again i'm afraid w/all this backstage handling going on and quashing any real discussions.  Does the network/producers not know that when there is drama or a heated discussion that is what gets the ratings.

• Love 4

I have a feeling Whoopi is going to get progressively more frustrated as the other cohosts (yes, including Nicole) show themselves to be more articulate than she is and less willing to back down from her pontificating than the previous cohosts. That's what happens when people pick up a book or newspaper instead of getting all their news from TMZ.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10

No one suggested the Dad withdraw privileges or take away the kid's stuff as punishment for hitting!!??  Isn't that usually the route parents take these days??

It's possible the Dad had already tried those things and they weren't working. They also didn't say what the school was doing when he hit a girl there. When it comes to punishing 4 year olds, timing is important. The punishment should immediately follow the action, so if the child isn't disciplined at school (time out or principal's office or not being allowed play time) then the child will have a hard time understanding that he is being punished for an action that occurred 4 hours (if he has to wait until he's home to be punished). I'm curious to know if that punishment actually worked. I assume it didn't.

Did anyone else hear Whoopi say something like "any punishment that doesnt' involve hitting a child is a good thing in her mind??" I thought the other day she didn't think there was anything wrong with that kind of punishment and that it is common in the south (and therefore excusing the football player's hitting his son).

• Love 4
I have a feeling Whoopi is going to get progressively more frustrated as the other cohosts (yes, including Nicole) show themselves to be more articulate than she is and less willing to back down from her pontificating than the previous cohosts. That's what happens when people pick up a book or newspaper instead of getting all their news from TMZ.

I would agree with that.  Elisabeth always seemed like she was afraid of Whoopi and Sherri and Jenny never questioned her.  But Rosie O is not going to let Whoopi get away with the her "I know everything" attitude.  IMO Whoopi always likes to think she  is the smartest person in the room.  Granted, she was miles smarter than EH, SS and JM but this new crew actually has some brains.

You would think so right?  Nowadays more and more parents are punishing their children by going on social media and shaming them.  Which IMO is just a way for the parents to get attention.  Since when did punishing your children become a public thing?

• Love 6

It seems like the back of the house people are wanting to bring up "hot topics" without much discussion..... I'm all for a debate with conflicting view points.....and that kind of format can be done respectfully. ..... it is possible for things to get heated and still be a positive discussion.

as CMH1981 said.... that is where the ratings come from.... let them discuss and disagree

• Love 3

When it comes to punishing 4 year olds, timing is important. The punishment should immediately follow the action, so if the child isn't disciplined at school (time out or principal's office or not being allowed play time) then the child will have a hard time understanding that he is being punished for an action that occurred 4 hours 

I think you've gotten four-year-olds mixed up with cocker spaniels.  Four-year-olds can hang on to a thought for a few hours.

Admittedly, I know more about dogs than i do children . . . but that sounds like it's come out of a dog training book.

. . . and at four years old is it so much a little boy hit a little girl or a barely-formed human hit another barely-formed human?

Edited by goodogcarl
  • Love 6

Whoopi was so used to having the last word, being able to talk over other hosts and have them sit there and be quiet and overruling the others' opinions.

I think being challenged today was jarring for her, I think she finally realizes hers is not the only voice in the room.

And someone needs to tell her talking louder and saying "I'm sorry but..." does not advance her point; it makes her look desperate.

Thank you Rosie and Rosie for not being intimidated and being able to calmly articulate your points with real life examples and a concise viewpoint. That has sorely been missed for awhile now.

I really love Nicolle's hairstyle. Someone else mentioned upthread they have the same cut; bravo.

Damn, Tim McGraw is sexy as hell.

One more thing I noticed as the credits rolled: Rosie went to Tim, whispered in his ear presumably asking him to meet a fan in the audience. He walked over and hugged two ladies. What a sweet move - something I've never witnessed any of the View hosts ever doing. THAT is the Rosie I love and is why I think she connects so well with a lot of people.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 17

I think you've gotten four-year-olds mixed up with cocker spaniels.  Four-year-olds can hang on to a thought for a few hours.

Admittedly, I know more about dogs than i do children . . . but that sounds like it's come out of a dog training book.

. . . and at four years old is it so much a little boy hit a little girl or a barely-formed human hit another barely-formed human?

No, this is true for young children as well, a four year old will have trouble connecting the discipline if it is not immediate.

I guess I'm not very fussy, I'm enjoying the new View, except for stuff like the predictable Whoopi shenanigans defending the indefensible.  Take yesterday, I think Nicolle was saying to Rachel, GIRL, if you get a chance you gotta go on Air Force One, GO! - and I wasn't at all bothered about her mocking herself about Charles Krauthammer being a God in "our" world.  Personally, I think there has to be a touch of narcissism in anyone that believes that they can be the POTUS.  And finally Obama has often been criticized for being aloof, by folks from both parties.

This is certainly not Bitsy going over Roger Aile's talking points with sweaty before each show levels of obnoxious.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

No, this is true for young children as well, a four year old will have trouble connecting the discipline if it is not immediate.

I guess I'm not very fussy, I'm enjoying the new View, except for stuff like the predictable Whoopi shenanigans defending the indefensible.  Take yesterday, I think Nicolle was saying to Rachel, GIRL, if you get a chance you gotta go on Air Force One, GO! - and I wasn't at all bothered about her mocking herself about Charles Krauthammer being a God in "our" world.  Personally, I think there has to be a touch of narcissism in anyone that believes that they can be the POTUS.  And finally Obama has often been criticized for being aloof, by folks from both parties.

This is certainly not Bitsy going over Roger Aile's talking points with sweaty before each show levels of obnoxious.

under all the crosstalk yesterday i believe i heard nw say, "i've never met a politician who wasn't narcissistic" . . . she's so much easier to take than nasty bitsy.

Edited by goodogcarl
  • Love 2

Dreamboat Annie, who are you referring to as 'dumb as fuck'? Rosie O or Nicole?

Nicolle.

Admittedly, I haven't watched much in several years, but what's up with Whoopi?  Today she was not being agreed with (no surprise there - what a foolish opinion to have on the public shaming and humiliation of a four year old child), so she yelled her opinion at everyone then tried to shut down the topic altogether, like her opinion is the only one that matters.  So glad Rosie didn't take it. 

I saw that too, Stacee, and really enjoyed it - Rosie talking to Tim McGraw, then I could lip read him as he replied "absolutely", then off they went together to greet some fans in the audience.  That's our kindhearted Rosie at work.  I've really missed her and am so glad she's back.

What a coincidence (not) that they minimized Nicolle's exposure today.  Smart move.  I agree the interviews today were wonderful.  I didn't realize how much I had missed that.  Talented, interested and interesting people interviewing and being interviewed.  

Rosie P is a very pleasant and yes, delightful, surprise. 

• Love 3

Admittedly, I haven't watched much in several years, but what's up with Whoopi?  Today she was not being agreed with (no surprise there - what a foolish opinion to have on the public shaming and humiliation of a four year old child), so she yelled her opinion at everyone then tried to shut down the topic altogether, like her opinion is the only one that matters.  So glad Rosie didn't take it.

Don't you know Whoopi is a movie stah and should be treated as such.  Insert eye roll here.  In all seriousness, Whoopi has always kinda always been the one to have the last word on the View.  Not counting EH and her under her breath remarks she would make.  I understand she is the moderator but that doesn't mean her opinion is any more valid than the other co-hosts. 

When it was first announced Rosie O would be coming back and there was a bunch of conjecture about her and Whoopi clashing I thought no, they are both professionals.  Well I think I might have been wrong.  I say there will be a blow up between the two by the end of the first month.  Might not be on air but it will happen.

• Love 6

Isn't shaming your child Mental or emotional abuse ?? Shame on Whoopi for defending that father. He should be whipped and then see if he agrees its an okay thing to do :(

Isnt it interesting that your response to a non violent punishment is violence.....

All punishment is "shaming" it is how we learn. I read an article a long time ago where they were taking about memory. It said that the things we remember the most is when our adrenaline is high..... that is why so often we remember negative memories more than positive ones.... because of the higher levels of adrenaline.

There is a difference between punishing and it being shameful.... and shaming someone for that purpose....... It is better to learn that lesson at 4.... then being marched off to jail in 15 years because you didn't learn that hitting is wrong

• Love 2

I'd be aloof, too, if half the country and an entire news network regarded me as an uppity foreign-born black man with Muslim cooties and a Messiah complex. Hyperbole? Yes, but only a little. :) To be fair, just about anyone would appear aloof after President Bush and President Clinton, two of the earthiest and most gregarious men ever to occupy the White House. But back on topic, so far, I like Nicolle on a personal level. Her attempt to paint President Obama as a narcissist lacking the common touch was clumsy and pointless and her Dunst interview, oy vey, but I actually look forward to her presence when heavy-hitting candidates make their way to The View. I doubt I'll agree with Nicolle on much of anything, but I'll be listening to her, which is more than I ever did for Elisabeth.

• Love 11

I think that in her past, Whoopi has been through some situations in her personal life that led her to be publicly criticized, and I feel like that has led her to choose to defend people who are in unpopular situations---that her "we don't know"  "we weren't there" come from times where she's been in a situation where she did not think she was doing anything wrong and suddenly she was in the news (I'm thinking of things like the Ted Danson blackface thing) and so she tends to pick what she considers to be the underdog, because that's who she identifies with.

I really think the general tone of discussion has massively improved--and Whoopi is going to either learn to debate effectively or she won't end up being very happy.  It's a new situation and she will need to change with the new structure.   I generally like her and respect her talent so I hope she "gets" it.  It's a world away from having to deal with Sherri and Jenny every day.   

Btw....Sherri was on Wendy WIlliams today discussing the new View like an elder statesman....throwing a big of shade at Rosie O.

• Love 6

I doubt I'll agree with Nicolle on much of anything, but I'll be listening to her, which is more than I ever did for Elisabeth.

This is how I feel. I haven't felt the cringe I'd feel when Elisabeth spoke. She has a calm way about her, so far, that I like.

Non political but I actually thought it was funny when Whoopi said she doesn't watch Dancing With The Stars. Nicole asked, "Are we allowed to say that?". That was funny.

• Love 7

One more thing I noticed as the credits rolled: Rosie went to Tim, whispered in his ear presumably asking him to meet a fan in the audience. He walked over and hugged two ladies.

I saw that, too. It looked like those ladies were wearing vintage Phillies jerseys with "MCGRAW" on the back...or maybe I'm projecting, as someone who remembers the 1980 World Series win fondly (I was in 6th grade) :)

• Love 4

Non political but I actually thought it was funny when Whoopi said she doesn't watch Dancing With The Stars. Nicole asked, "Are we allowed to say that?". That was funny.

Hee, I liked that, too.  And as my list of things to like about Whoopi grows shorter & shorter, I have always appreciated the fact that she never hesitates to express her disdain for reality tv.  As someone who finds it equally as loathsome,  I do love her for that!

• Love 7
I saw that, too. It looked like those ladies were wearing vintage Phillies jerseys with "MCGRAW" on the back...or maybe I'm projecting, as someone who remembers the 1980 World Series win fondly (I was in 6th grade) :)

I want to expand on your comment, Lovecat, asking anyone who doesn't understand it to Google "Tug McGraw."

Btw....Sherri was on Wendy WIlliams today discussing the new View like an elder statesman....throwing a big of shade at Rosie O.

Car54, I like the "elder statesman" analogy...and the first one that came to mind was Richard Nixon.  Resigned, huh?

• Love 4

Ok, have watched 4 shows so far and am enjoying the show and feel the intellect level has definitely been kicked up some. I hope some of the little hiccups(awkward throws to commercials, stumbling guests around coffee table, etc.) get worked out within the next few weeks. My biggest complaint so far is Nicole saying she loved that Canadian politician and thought he was awesome without really explaining why. Regardless of his politican acumen and abilities, a public figure who is a bumbling, drug addicted, alcoholic spectacle should not be commended or held up as a role model.

I don't mind Whoopi getting a little vehement about expressing her thoughts as she did with the child and sign discussion. I like that each of the cohosts all seem to be genuine in their comments and beliefs. Elizabeth used to try to present a view but then defended it with getting strident and a string of word salad that you couldn't follow. These ladies I can usually understand and sympathize with even if I do not agree with them.

• Love 5
And oh man, Nicolle's dress is fecking ugly.

You said it, Milk-Eyed Mender!!  That was bizarre.   I like fashion and I love original...even wacky (like many of Whoopie's shoes).  Are we sure this wasn't a losing team's Project Runway piece?  Each team member designs a half dress and purchases material.  No information is shared but the color selections.  Now, SEW!!  Or maybe Nicolle couldn't decide which of two dresses to wear so she wore both.

• Love 3

Rosie P. looks beautiful and I'm enjoying her commentary very much.

I love RO, and giggle with surprise a little every time she comes close to breaking the fourth wall, like when she said, "Well this is awkward, we have to fix that!" about Rachael Ray having to shuffle behind the table, or today when she said, "Okay, but can we discuss it? Even if you're in the booth, that's what the show is, we're here to discuss things" when Whoopie & the earpiece tried to shut down her thoughts on the 4-year-old. Go Rosie! And she went on to voice her thoughts calmly and intelligently, while Whoopie got her hackles up the second it was clear no one agreed with her.

I wonder if it was awkward when, immediately after that commerical break, Rosie showed sweet notes Whoopie had written her years before, and talked about how kind Whoopie is.

• Love 8

I'd like to see at least one show devoid of ANY political discussions.  Surely Nicolle can discuss lots of other things.

Probably a mistake on Miss Sherri's part.  RosieO is very sensitive, does.not.forget.   an insult...evah, and appears to have much more clout.  

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

That wasn't throwing shade at all.  She said Rosie is a comedian and sometimes the joke doesn't translate to print, so she wasn't offended about Rosie bringing up the world is flat issue. She said Rosie really looked out for her and helped her negotiate her contract.  She made a joke about how Rosie always has health problems, but that was just a joke.  Rosie even tweeted a link to the interview and told Sherri she will be coming to Cinderella.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 7

I wonder if it was awkward when, immediately after that commerical break, Rosie showed sweet notes Whoopie had written her years before, and talked about how kind Whoopie is.

I loved the scrapbooks! 

Unless someone says something particularly hurtful, I believe they'll be able to shake it off.

• Love 2

It's clear that Whoopi does not like people disagreeing with her opinion.  

The idea of shaming a 4 year old is such a poor parenting move.  I have to wonder if the other ladies of The View knew Whoopi was bringing this up as a topic and what her opinion was.  I think Whoopi seemed generally shocked that everyone didn't agree with her side of it.  IMO, if Nicolle and Rosie both agree on an issue....it's probably a pretty universal opinion.  

I'd love to see what each of their contracts say and how they may differ from one another.  

• Love 1

I can't believe I'm saying this…but...okay here goes… I really enjoyed The View today.

I loved the way all of the other ladies shut down Whoopi's pontificating. I loved that all 3 did it with respect and reason, and I loved watching Whoopi's blustering and utter disbelief that she was actually getting some pushback for a change.

I loved the interviews, especially NPH. I love that they are limiting it to two hosts at a time for those types of interviews. I loved that Whoopi was awake and engaged instead of nodding off the end of the couch. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you do short form interviews.

I honestly enjoyed the show from beginning to end. They must be wearing parkas in hell today.

• Love 7

Whoopi has always been a bit of a verbal bully and the others always backed down.  I loved the way RO handled her.  Very classy move.  Maybe Whoopi has sensory processing issues.  She gets frustrated when she can't articulate her points.   Even though I disagree with a lot of what she says, I could receive it better if she clearly stated her position and then let it go. 

• Love 4

Don't you know Whoopi is a movie stah and should be treated as such.  Insert eye roll here.  In all seriousness, Whoopi has always kinda always been the one to have the last word on the View.  Not counting EH and her under her breath remarks she would make.  I understand she is the moderator but that doesn't mean her opinion is any more valid than the other co-hosts. 

When it was first announced Rosie O would be coming back and there was a bunch of conjecture about her and Whoopi clashing I thought no, they are both professionals.  Well I think I might have been wrong.  I say there will be a blow up between the two by the end of the first month.  Might not be on air but it will happen.

Yes, Whoopi has always stopped a discusison with something like "Ok, here's the thing..."  then she gives HER take on the topic, then it's time to move on, go to break, whatever.   She has a way of not engaging in discussion as much as announcing or proclaiming what the CORRECT view is.    And the previous hosts let her get away with that, because, well, Whoopi not only thinks she's the smartest person on the panel, she's used to BEING that person. Now, she's got a few others who are intelligent and have the skills to present their opinions.   

This panel comes closer to what the original vision was -  intelligent women from different backgrounds, discussing issues that are important to them, giving their genuine thoughts and feelings, not some "party line"  they were fed before the show (Bitsy)  and not acting a buffoon for a laugh (Sherri).   

THiS show has a chance of succeeding.  At least it doesn't look like a parody of itself any more. 

• Love 8

Getting better, getting better! Today's show was very enjoyable. I love the two Rosie's the best.

Whoopie's moderating skills haven't changed much except she's more awake is all. Still shutting down very interesting discussions with something like, ". I'm sure we'll get into this subject another time". crap. Ugh!

• Love 3

I felt kind of bad for Whoopi because she wears an earpiece and gets advice/direction/comments from the staff in her ear while she is talking and trying to make a point. That would just drive me crazy! So in the middle of trying to make a point not only does she get a little louder and passionate but she has the distraction of people in her ear. Anyway, I like hearing the different views and the justifications.

P.S.

We don't know all the background story of that 4-year old, but I understand what the dad was trying to do but don't condone shameing. I would bet that the school and community did not offer much support or help, and hope the attention has made a kind hearted local therapist or other professional step forward to offer counseling and help for the family (the child and both parents). Despite what one of the cohosts said about the father should have looked into low cost or free counseling or therapists, they are often not abundant or easily found. If the dad had the means to access therapists (which I got the impression from the story he did not) and chose not to, then I am less sympathetic towords him. Also got the impression mom and dad aren't together and not doing a good job of co-parenting. Sad for the child.

• Love 2

Loved Tug!! (Mets fan), Ya gotta believe!

That's all, didn't watch yet !!

• Love 1

I felt kind of bad for Whoopi because she wears an earpiece and gets advice/direction/comments from the staff in her ear while she is talking and trying to make a point. That would just drive me crazy! So in the middle of trying to make a point not only does she get a little louder and passionate but she has the distraction of people in her ear. Anyway, I like hearing the different views and the justifications.

P.S.

We don't know all the background story of that 4-year old, but I understand what the dad was trying to do but don't condone shameing. I would bet that the school and community did not offer much support or help, and hope the attention has made a kind hearted local therapist or other professional step forward to offer counseling and help for the family (the child and both parents). Despite what one of the cohosts said about the father should have looked into low cost or free counseling or therapists, they are often not abundant or easily found. If the dad had the means to access therapists (which I got the impression from the story he did not) and chose not to, then I am less sympathetic towords him. Also got the impression mom and dad aren't together and not doing a good job of co-parenting. Sad for the child.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/father_makes_4-year-old_son_hold_shame_sign.html

Here is the story.... the basic facts with not much opinion..... I didnt watch the video in the article

I do think 4 years old is a bit young for understanding this type of punishment..... but I dont think he crossed any lines with it.... it was better than violence

His wife seems angry for more than this issue...... but that is just my opinion

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 2

I thought whoopi's "my word is the final word" attitude was the reason that rosie got all huffy and said "can't we all talk about it!?" I was so happy that rosie had stood up to whoopi. But then someone upthread said she was directing her comment to the control room so maybe it was that. Eh, still glad she continued the discussion.

I think both schools of thought are correct on this, celi cat, at least that is what I took away from it.  Whoopi seemed out of control by the time she was sort of yelling her opinion rather rudely at everyone else (she seemed very annoyed at the time), and just before that she had cut Rosie right off when Rosie was explaining her experiences with her son, Blake, when he was four and hitting.  I thought what Rosie was saying was relevant to the discussion, but Whoopi did cut her off as if it wasn't, then went off with her opinion yelling.  I believe Rosie was bothered by what Whoopi did.  I also believe that at that moment the "booth" wanted to end Whoopi's nonsensical tirade, so they said "go to commercial".  While Rosie did direct her comment seemingly at the "booth" about being able to talk, it looked to me like she was really meaning that for Whoopi.  So, I think that while it did bother her about going to commercial without being allowed to finish, Whoopi was the real reason she had not been able to finish what she was saying.  Rosie was bothered enough to not put up with it.  Good for her!

That's just my take on it, I know YMMV.

• Love 8

I think it will take Whoopi time to realize she is less powerful with these co-hosts.

The biggest annoyance to me is the producers going to commercial when they think it is necessary....not scheduled. And that they don't resume the conversation after commercial. Too many topics to cover. Choose 4  and then prioritize the important 3 with a couple of breaks for commercial and  1 topic for reserve if needed.

OTOH, I don't think Whoopi changes her opinion much....and that is not necessarily a good thing.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5

I thought Day Three was an improvement simply because of how all the women spent the night before.  Three of them were exhausted and crashed out early; Whoopi went to a concert and got her batteries charged up.  Exactly what everyone needed.  (Well, maybe a touch less juice in the Goldberg battery pack, smile.)

Still, the growing pains are evident.  Whoopi's going to have to adjust to three other women with brains in their heads who won't automatically back down.  RO is literally biting her tongue, trying to figure out how to be heard without appearing to take over the show.   Nicolle needs to tighten up her articulation and interview skills.

RP is the one having the smoothest experience.  I didn't expect to like her at all and I couldn't have been more wrong--she's terrific.

I hope it comes together for them.  You can see the potential.

• Love 7
And someone needs to tell her talking louder and saying "I'm sorry but..." does not advance her point; it makes her look desperate.

Yes, exactly. Whoopie looked desperate. I do like W, but that was off-putting. Loved how the panel calmly (and politely) responded, especially Rosie O. Her tone was brilliant, her input had substance. As for the show, it's getting better every day. With the exception of Whoopie's meltdown, I enjoyed today's offering. Good interviews, nice initial chit-chat before tackling Hot Topics, no awkward games. 

The quality of the show has already far surpassed The Talk, imo. For one thing, I think the gals of The View are accomplished interesting people with interesting lives. Flawless? No. But, not in unredeemable ways. There's Ying to the Yang.

• Love 8