Type keyword(s) to search

Venus Van Dam - The Belle Who Does Not Tell

One of the best characters ever conceived.

I was introduced to Venus through the back door, so to speak. ;)     I never watched "Justified" until a few months ago, when I watched the entire series up to now, over the span of a few weekends.  Of course by then, I was SO entranced by Boyd Crowder, despite some of less-than-admirable actions, that I had to go back and re-watch the SOA episodes that included Venus.  Magic. 

I never watched him on "The Shield", but that just may be my next Netflix series marathon. 

• Love 3

One of the best characters ever conceived.

I was introduced to Venus through the back door, so to speak. ;)     I never watched "Justified" until a few months ago, when I watched the entire series up to now, over the span of a few weekends.  Of course by then, I was SO entranced by Boyd Crowder, despite some of less-than-admirable actions, that I had to go back and re-watch the SOA episodes that included Venus.  Magic. 

I never watched him on "The Shield", but that just may be my next Netflix series marathon. 

Agreed!  Going back to the Season 5 episode where we first met Venus, there were two things that struck me when she had her season 6 arc.

1) asking "Orca's" stepson how old he was-- 

2) Asking for more $ for her bottom line- which was likely being sent to her kid.

I can't wait to see what happens with her and Tig this season. I think Walton Goggins and Kim Coates are fearless.

• Love 4

I agree, Venus is pretty much my favorite character on SoA at this point.  There are a few remaining Sons I still kinda like, in spite of myself.  And of course, Jax has been utterly irredemable for a long time, but he's sure pretty.

But Venus is the only one left on the show I really truly love. 

Someohow, though, I don't think Kurt Sutter is much one for happy endings so don't cheer too hard for Venus to come back.  I could see him bringing her back only to make her suffer and then I'd have to have a lobtoomy to forget that...but I digress.

Love Venus, love Goggins.  It takes an unfathomable amount of charisma to steal the show from Timothy Olyphant et al. 

• Love 1

I read  in EW's Fall Preview that she's back in Episode 4, and that we'll find out what she and Tig have been doing "off screen" ,  Which should prove to be  very, very interesting.

What I really want to see, is some sort of reunion with Venus and Nero.  Their relationship is clearly an important one based on his pleading Gemma to help her last season, and the way Venus spoke about him as well.