Type keyword(s) to search

Tig Notaro: Hello Again - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Premiere Date: March 26, 2024

Official Synopsis (from Prime video website):  Emmy and Grammy nominated comedian Tig Notaro returns with Hello Again, a hilarious and sharply observed stand-up special packed with delightfully awkward misunderstandings, health scares made hilarious, and family moments with her wife and children that are simultaneously sidesplitting and heartwarming. From the “Make Believe Lounge” to the hallway outside her physical therapist’s office, Notaro exercises her unique gift for finding humor in situations ranging from the everyday to the bizarre. A masterful stand up at the top of her game, Notaro crafts comedy out of hallucinatory text messages, a botched meeting with a Hollywood heavyweight, and a late-night encounter with a mustachioed fireman who has her questioning everything. Featuring her signature delivery and celebrated gift for storytelling, Notaro’s riotous new hour is sure to entertain and amuse, hitting all the right notes along the way to its virtuosic finale.

(edited)

I appreciate her delightfully droll comedy, and this special was great.  In a given set, there's sometimes one bit I feel goes on too long despite my overall love for her atypical timing and use of repetition (e.g. the Indigo Girls thing), but I didn't feel that way this time.

I particularly loved the story about the sexy fireman, plus examples of how learning she misheard something leads to horrified moments when she realizes she came off as certifiably insane in her reaction to what she thought the person had said versus what they'd actually said.

And I got a great laugh from the text message she composed while hallucinating, especially at "I see tractor" being in parentheses, because that is me -- even in an altered state, my punctuation will be on point.  So when she later congratulated herself on having the wherewithal to put that side note in parentheses, I cracked up.  I'm glad they showed that text in the end.

Edited by Bastet