Type keyword(s) to search

If Loving You Is Wrong - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Bwhahahahahaha, I am catching up on my episodes and just saw Randall overacting screaming and hollering and crying like he gave a shit because his wife is doing the very same thing in the very same place that he did his deed. Brad pushed that idiot Randall out the shed, shut the door and continued what they were doing. LOL. I am telling you, his hollering and sitting there with his mama like he was so wounded was hysterically funny to me.

• Love 1

I love how badass Eddie's go-to solution to Brad's problems is always for him to kill somebody. First he said Brad should shoot Randal and now he says Brad should kill Alex. Next he'll be talking about putting a hit out on the baby.

Those were some sweet moments between Marcie and Louise. I thought the dialogue was touching and well-written.

Am still thinking the new dispatcher Claudia is iffy and probably working undercover for somebody. Maybe she and Lushion are federal agents investigating Eddie's wannabe crime syndicate.

Alex needs to get herself together and out of the hospital so she can get her hair touched up. Her roots are growing out and her hair looks about five different colors now, lol.

Joey, Joey, Joey. Fast Faun is gonna wreck your life. But I sure hope the girl carries a gun while she's toting so much cash.

FFS, I don't know who's the bigger nutbag, Randal or Eddie. Or which is played by a worse actor.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Can't condone adultery but I love fierce Marcie. I still don't understand though why she hasn't told Louise about the baby. Maybe she's deep in denial but having Randal almost choke her out should've knocked some of the scales from her eyes.

Ugh, Kelly is the worst friend ever, trying to blame Marcie for being hurt. Why is it up to Marcie to take the high road? I think she needs to get herself a shark attorney and burn Randal's life to the ground. Besides, Ohio isn't a community property state so conceivably she could get the house in the divorce judgment. Having a baby with the next-door neighbor surely trumps one revenge romp with the next-door neighbor.

How dumb is Natalie? Who stands in the middle of the police department whispering about how her boyfriend the cop might be committing felonies?

Whoa, looks like Alex has joined Randal over in Crazytown. It's Kelly's fault that Brad got with Marcie in Alex and Randal's special love shed? Or that she tried to spare Alex's feelings? No good deed goes unpunished, indeed.

Not to be defending rednecks but surely they aren't dumb enough to think anyone with a foreign accent is a communist. The whole "red scare" stuff fell by the wayside a couple of decades ago. I think TP is generally not good with stereotypes but this thing with Alex's backwoods pa is extra weird, IMO. And you can see redneck daddy calling the baby an n-word (and Alex an n-word lover) coming down Broadway. Yawn.

• Love 1

I want to go back in time and find out how  gorgeous, educated, white collar foreigner with the sexy accent Brad wound up meeting and marrying blue collar country girl Alex. When this show first started out, wasn't Alex portrayed as an upper class stay at home stepford wife soccer mom who was bored and screwing the neighbor just for kicks? Now she comes from poor uneducated trash whose Daddy hates her and her husband?   

I bet the actress who plays Alex is pissed as hell having to stay in that hospital bed the entire season. Oh, and I want to kick that Dr.'s ass every time she is on my screen. Most annoying person ever. Lady, if you can't get your patients blood pressure down with some good meds and get her out of the hospital, what good are you? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Brad has some good fighting moves for a guy who sits behind a desk all day doing tax returns and financial reports. It'd be funny if it turned out he was in British special forces in a past life. (Reference to Aiden Turner's former role on All My Children)

I really wonder what fast Faun is up to with Joey. She's been trying awfully hard to get him in trouble if not wreck his life altogether. And oh look, she succeeded. The icing on the cake will be when he probably gets blamed for robbing her of the store receipts cash.

"It's not you, it's me." Seriously? I thought the Seinfeld show had killed that line. My eyes are still rolling. Then, "I look forward to missing you!" Who talks like that? Oh yeah, drama queen Kelly does.

Marcie and Louise have developed a nice relationship but geez when is Marcie going to clue her in about the baby? Aargh!

Randal is 150% insane. Marcie should just have him committed.

• Love 1

Apparently Marcy didn't know about the baby. She was clueless as to why he had that cigar. Also,her friends didn't feel the need to tell her and neither did Brad. Kelly was avoiding her calls so that she wouldn't have to tell her. I hope she gets the crazy man to get out and takes his house and money.

Marcy did know Alex was pregnant though. She could have told her MIL that at least. I don't understand why she's been keeping Randal's secret from his mama unless she figured the truth would come out eventually anyway.

I wasn't clear enough. Yes, she knew Alex was pregnant, but she did not know it was Randal's baby. Her so called friends didn't tell her and neither did Brad. I don't even recall her thinking or raising the possibility of it being Randal's baby. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Natalie's character. I just fluctuate between liking her and can't standing her. Very strong feelings. Am I alone?

I was getting so mad at Lucien when he had the talk with Eddie in the locker room. I kept thinking, "Oh, he tasers your woman and all you can say is 'If you go back there..." La Da Da. I was so happy when he shot those bullets into him!!!

Marcie played the hell out of a woman who got the wind blown out of her sail. Girls, I been there and done that! Baby and all. Whew, she has some acting ability - what's with the scar on her nose? So, distracting for some odd reason.

Isn't it funny how Kelly ended up in the middle of erry'thang. She is a little busybody-ish though. I'm jus' sayin'

Poor Pete. He is so adorable. Funny, Claudia is playing herself in this show. But, back to poor Pete. Geez, I thought he was going to make it out of that when he hid behind that dumpster. Those were some serious ganstas. And that piece of sniveling doo-doo partner of his...ugh. I don't even know what to say. He watched this man get gunned down. GUNNED THE F DOWN! Ok, speaking of the set-up, you mean the Chief is in on it with Eddie. Gotta be. What say you all?

• Love 1

I'm not sure how I feel about Natalie's character. I just fluctuate between liking her and can't standing her. Very strong feelings. Am I alone?

No, you're not. I like her no-nonsense-take-no-prisoners-attitude, but sometimes it does her more harm than good. As with her conversation with Lucien. C'mon you were attacked in front of your child, and you're still catching an attitude? She need to dial it back a bit. Speaking of Lucien...

Of all the people Eddie bullies, Lucien is the only person who stands up to Eddie and that's what I love about him. I was totally here for him pumping bullets into Eddie--too bad he was wearing a bulletproof vest. I have never hated a character as much as I do him. The man is evil personified. I was outdone when he tased Natalie in front of her son--and pushed him. Dare I say it, he's worse than Veronica from HAHN.

Of the women, Marcie is the only person I'm rooting for; she not only did find out that her nutty husband cheated on her; he rubbed salt into the wound by announcing that he fathered Alex's child--throughout the whole ordeal, not one of them rallied around her for support--yet they're comforting woman who slept with her husband. Thank goodness for she has an ally in Louise, otherwise she'll go BSC.

Awww Pete; I hate that he got ambushed, he was cocky, but I liked him. Maybe TP will find a away to keep him on the show. I agree that the Chief is just as corrupt as Eddie--if not worse; it least Eddie doesn't hide his shadiness, the chief on the other hand, is a phony.

• Love 1

Where did batshit crazy baby daddy Randall go? He kind of disappeared after putting the sign in the yard, lol. I thought for sure he would show up at the hospital again. 

I wish the neighbors  would stop being so mean to the poor guy that wants to sell his mama's house. All he wants to do is find a realtor and shag Kelli. 

I don't get all the fear Alex has with her racist dad. He's an ass of course, but is he dangerous? 

I continue to love Brad and Marcie. They are killing it with their acting skills. They're going to be roommates, that should be fun!

• Love 1

Where did batshit crazy baby daddy Randall go? He kind of disappeared after putting the sign in the yard, lol. I thought for sure he would show up at the hospital again.

I wish the neighbors would stop being so mean to the poor guy that wants to sell his mama's house. All he wants to do is find a realtor and shag Kelli.

I don't get all the fear Alex has with her racist dad. He's an ass of course, but is he dangerous?

I continue to love Brad and Marcie. They are killing it with their acting skills. They're going to be roommates, that should be fun!

Right, can't Alex just chuck the dueces at her folks? Does this chick even work? Brad is so fine. I take back everything I said about his 3 minute love skills.

And, yes, poor new dude. Talk about arriving to the wrong place at the wrong time.

OMG, Randal is not only insane, he's evil. Putting that baby announcement on his front lawn was totally shameful and uncalled for. Meanwhile, did Marcie say her infertility treatments cost her $187K and Randal HER HUSBAND didn't contribute a dime? Why is he jealous of her then? Seems to me like he doesn't really care about her at all. I'm thinking Marcie should take Louise's offered $14k and put a hit out on Randal. Probably some local gangbangers would handle it for that price if not less.

AFAIC, Natalie is so far out of line she might as well be in on a different continent. She and Lushion aren't married and she's not obliged to know his finances unless he wants to share that info with her. Her signing his name on a mortgage application must be nine kinds of illegal too.

I'm still thinking Lushion and Claudia are working undercover investigating police department corruption, probably wannabe crime lord Eddie in particular. The mysterious $200k is probably Lushion's undercover salary, collected over several years, plus whatever he got when he sold the house he had before. However, Lushion must be the worst undercover agent ever not to think that Eddie will surely come back in revenge at either him, Natalie, or the kids--if not them all.

That PD cracks me up. Most of the guys look to me like they're planning to have a  big, steamy orgy with each other. And by "with each other" I mean "no women invited". NTTAWWT.

If Alex was scared to ride in the car with Brad, how was she going to feel safe living in the same house with him? Was she planning to use their Stepford kids as a shield? And forget Marcie putting a hit on Randal; Alex's daddy will probably kill Randal with his bare redneck hands. Or he might try anyway...

Excellent acting by the actress who plays Marcie. I thought she blew them all out of the water in this episode, especially when Marcie saw the lawn sign. The horrible realization of how much Randal had betrayed and humiliated her was evident just on her face. Brava.

Kind of a meh cliffhanger to me. The only thing I'm halfway interested in is how much of a blowup there's going to be when Alex's parents see their new tan grandchild. Then Randal drops in with baby gifts and any possible doubt in their minds is swept away.

Re the The Haves and the Have Nots promo, it looked and sounded like Hanna was holding her arms open for someone but whoever it was ended up dropping to the floor. Hope it's not little Q.

• Love 1

Anyone out there watching? This dialogue is so slow, and then these long speeches grrrrr!

Ok, the Pete story is really bothering me; the reactions seem so uncharacteristic of how a whole darned police force would behave with an officer down. Is it me? I have more but don't want to be in here talking to myself.

• Love 1

So now Brad is apologizing to Alex, over and over again.   He's the bad guy because he had her crazy parents come over? Alex never told him about her father raping her? She keeps alot of secrets.  Is that supposed to make it ok that she was boinking Randall in the shed for however many times? Brad better not be going soft on us. 

I love the way crazy ass out of his mind Randall becomes the serious shrink. And how did that make you feeeeel??  That was one weird scene. 

• Love 1

I cannot stand anything about Randall, including his looks, his demeanor, his voice, anything and it is seriously affecting whether I can continue watching this show. Maybe it will be enough for me to fast forward when he appears. Seriously, I need to stop getting all hyped up about these shows that I pick to watch lol.

While you at it, add Eddie to the list to shoot. He's despicable. I wish Lucien would have pumped real bullets in him.

OMG Sereion1 LOL. Agreed!!!

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 3

So now Brad is apologizing to Alex, over and over again.   He's the bad guy because he had her crazy parents come over? Alex never told him about her father raping her? She keeps alot of secrets.  Is that supposed to make it ok that she was boinking Randall in the shed for however many times? Brad better not be going soft on us.

Yes, Brad should have apologized. Even without the out of left field revelation about her father's sexual abuse, Brad invited Alex's obviously racist, backwards, seemingly violent father ( and mother to a lesser extent) to " come see the new baby!"

He had to know that he was potentially endangering the life of an innocent child! I'm sorry, I just can't get with that type of revenge scenario.

I love the way crazy ass out of his mind Randall becomes the serious shrink. And how did that make you feeeeel??  That was one weird scene. 

Yes. Yes it was. 

One weirdo asking another weirdo how that makes him feel. 

• Love 2

Yes, Brad should have apologized. Even without the out of left field revelation about her father's sexual abuse, Brad invited Alex's obviously racist, backwards, seemingly violent father ( and mother to a lesser extent) to " come see the new baby!"

He had to know that he was potentially endangering the life of an innocent child! I'm sorry, I just can't get with that type of revenge scenario.

I know he should have apologized. I wasn't saying he shouldn't. My point was he continued to do it over and over and over, standing in the doorway of Kelly's house, and tearing through the neighborhood looking for her. What happened to Alex in her childhood doesn't negate the fact that she was screwing the "friend" next door and carelessly got pregnant, not caring who she hurt while she was sneaking out to the shed and where ever else she was going. 

• Love 2

Yasss!! I can NOT wait until Alex reads him for pure filth next week--so according to the mother, all this time she was a breeding ground to birth his son? That's just sickening.

Esperanza is such a horrible supervisor; they way she talked to Claudia was so uncalled for. I'm surprised she hasn't cussed her out yet. She seems the type you DO NOT want to tick off.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well of course, since I had recorded it I started watching yesterday's episode. I am so sick of Alec's friend giving her a pass. Kelli, the next door neighbor, (I think that's her name) telling Alec she doesn't deserve to be treated that way. She can't mean Brad shouldn't treat her that way. I mean honestly, I don't think Kelli has forgiven her ex fiancé for cheating on her. So GTFOH with that crap!

Edited by lasandi

So do we have any hint yet of how Lucien got his fat bank account?  I'm curious about that story.

Is Claudia supposed to be a spy or something?

I get the feeling that both Claudia and Lucion are going to turn out to be some sort of federal investigators.

• Love 2
(edited)

I get the feeling that both Claudia and Lucion are going to turn out to be some sort of federal investigators.

I get that same feeling too. And also that they both know.

And Yes! The dialogue is sooooo slow. I had to fast forward the scene with Alex and Kelli. It was painful.

I don't know who I can root for anymore. I guess just Claudia and Lucien at this point. Everyone else gives me the willies...

Also, agree with everyone's Russell assessments. He is the creepiest... And almost like a cartoon villain with his expressions and weird laughing.. Yeck

Edited by FairyPrincess
  • Love 3

I had to fast forward through most of this one last night. 

Alex has grown some balls. Yay for her. Ummm...except I have some news for her...that baby is also Randalls. He has every parental right to be in the kids life. Be careful who you cheat with next time, dummy. She's gonna be stuck with this psyco for the next 18 yrs. Unless something terrible happens to him first...

Since when do we care if what's his name's father had a mistress for 30 years and had a daughter with her? Too many boring storylines. 

• Love 1

I had to fast forward through most of this one last night. 

Alex has grown some balls. Yay for her. Ummm...except I have some news for her...that baby is also Randalls. He has every parental right to be in the kids life. Be careful who you cheat with next time, dummy. She's gonna be stuck with this psyco for the next 18 yrs. Unless something terrible happens to him first...

Since when do we care if what's his name's father had a mistress for 30 years and had a daughter with her? Too many boring storylines. 

I don't know Georgia law, but in California you have no paternal rights unless you supported the mother during pregnancy or it would be "in the best interests of the child" for you to be involved.

I don't know Georgia law, but in California you have no paternal rights unless you supported the mother during pregnancy or it would be "in the best interests of the child" for you to be involved.

Supported how? Financially? Emotionally? That makes no sense. She is married to someone else. 

I used to think there were some seriously bad actors on this show, but I'm realizing that there can't be that many awful actors in one place, especially since I've seen some of them in other roles. So what is it that makes this show so terrible? Is it the writing? The direction? Lines that get repeated over and over and OVER(!) delivered after weird four second pauses, pacing that's just simply off- I'm just confused!

Hate watching is only fun for a little while, and then...

• Love 1

Supported how? Financially? Emotionally? That makes no sense. She is married to someone else. 

Well, they mean financially. They don't outright say that because it might be discriminatory to a supportive father in poverty. Admittedly, this is a weird scenario. The more traditional fact pattern is a woman who goes through pregnancy on her own, puts the child up for adoption, and then bio Dad challenges it. The reality remains though that California places extremely high emphasis on "best interests of the child" and place more weight on emotional/financial support then biology. For instance, if you've been paying child support as a father and then DNA shows it's not your child, you still have to pay child support. The courts don't want to hold fraud/deception of the mother against the child. Now, you're right this is strange because we have two financially stable fathers. As you can imagine, in the real world the court hardly ever deals with that.

Looks like we may be about to get some info with the Lucien and Claudia connection/story judging by Lucien's last phone call. I'm interested in that... And nothing else. I really can't stand Natalie. She and Lucien supposedly have a 9 or 10 yeAr old kid but she acts like she doesn't know him at all. She's extra judgemental and jumps to conclusions too fast. And why hasn't Esmerelda gotten her a job at 911? I hate all these women, I think. Except Marcie and Claudia, but even they kinda suck.

• Love 1

I really can't stand Natalie. She and Lucien supposedly have a 9 or 10 yeAr old kid but she acts like she doesn't know him at all. She's extra judgemental and jumps to conclusions too fast. 

Yea, judgemental Natalie is always so hard on Lucien, treats him like crap, but gives her good friend Alex a pass for cheating on her husband with the next door neighbor, getting pregnant and breaking Brad's heart? Hypocrite. I can't stand her almost as much as I can't stand Alex. 

• Love 3

Was I missing something last night, or were the ladies throwing shade at Marcie--over while at Alex's crib? It's been said before, but I'm very disturb at how Marcie is being treated like an outcast--when it was her neighbor who slept with and had a baby by HER husband. She's the one who needs the support, not Alex. Man, the writers on this show are so backwards.

• Love 3
(edited)
On April 20, 2016 at 10:33 AM, sereion1 said:

Was I missing something last night, or were the ladies throwing shade at Marcie--over while at Alex's crib? It's been said before, but I'm very disturb at how Marcie is being treated like an outcast--when it was her neighbor who slept with and had a baby by HER husband. She's the one who needs the support, not Alex. Man, the writers on this show are so backwards.

Yes, this whole thing has been terribly odd and one-sided. Marcie turned into a nmf among her "friends" real quick. 

Tonight's episode was borderline painful, like I may have to give up the show. 

1.What was so hard for Natalie to understand the disc must be important? I mean, he done asked her fiftyeleven times to get that damn disc! Why couldn't she wake the kids to ask for the disc and then make their bad asses go back to sleep? What am I missing? 

2. If it wasn't dense ass Joey or those kids, then who else was in the house, and could have taken the bag the video was in? Fawn?

3. It looked downright painful for the actor who plays Lucious to pretend to cry. That was fucking uncomfortable to watch.

4. Uh, they do realize that that baby is legally Brad's so Randall can't get custody or even force a blood test, right?

5. Mama couldn't stay sweet during her monologue. She bordered on downright weird with the face changes during the talk with Alex.

6. Alex's dialogue is horribly slooooooowwwww. And, I'm not convinced. Did you notice Randall never even heard that bear, curve, forest fire, whatever the fuck she was saying story.

Even the baby was rolling his eyes at Randall.

7. Awwww come on Marcie!!! You let all that beautiful, hard morning wood go to waste. I would have at least whispered, " let me see..."

8. Kelly crying over dude...somebody else take this one. I just can't. 

Edited by announcergirl
Forgot something.
  • Love 1
(edited)
On May 4, 2016 at 10:37 PM, announcergirl said:

Kelly crying over dude...somebody else take this one. I just can't. 

I know!! I'll take this one--Did they screw and we didn't know about it jGot engaged? Professed their for each other?? If not, she needs to get her life and cut the waterworks. For all she knew, that chick could have been a relative or business partner and she's crying over some man she barely knows. Girl, stop!

Edited by sereion
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sereion said:

I know!! I'll take this one--Did they screw and we didn't know about it jGot engaged? Professed their for each other?? If not, she needs to get her life and cut the waterworks. For all she knew, that chick could have been a relative or business partner and she's crying over some man she barely knows. Girl, stop!

I thought that, too. They never said who she was, but what's up with Kelly just popping by unannounced? And, remember how she was with Justin? I guess her crying cause she imagined there was more to the relationship makes sense in retrospect. 

• Love 2
(edited)

To try and support the fact that TP is a Black man who is a legit,  productive entity in movies and television and does in fact afford work to Black Actors (both genders) that is rare in that industry, I try real hard to support the brother.  I have "sentenced" myself to at least watch the "soap opera" genre's of both The Have and Have Not's and If Loving You is wrong".   But as I have said, it seems like I am serving time doing so because the dialogue is absolutely painful.

How many times can you hear dialogue like...,:

you have a disc? 

Yes,there is a disc..,

You have a disc? 

Yea, he left a disc..,

A disc? 

Yea, a disc.. 

I mean it seems lately he is just trying to repeat dialogue just to fill in the fact that there is nothing else he can think of.

I heard he and Oprah had some words on that same subject.., and that she felt he needed to do better.  I hope he takes it to heart because Tyler, I'm trying brother, but you are losing me.

Edited by tiredofwork
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Excellent post, tiredofwork, I could not have said it better myself. I love his movies and his sitcoms, but he falls short when it comes to soaps; I get the campy factor, but as you mentioned, the writing/dialogue is TERRIBLE!! He needs to watch old clips of classic soaps like Dynasty or All My Children as a blueprint---heck, just watch Empire

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:48 AM, bichonblitz said:

Ohhhhh  Alex is turning in to such a badass ! Going for blood! Pleaaaasssseeee. Hate to tell you this, Alex, but your son is also Randall's. Nothing is ever going to change that. 

Most unfortunately, yea.., he is.  Damn, that little kid will be "f'd" up mentally with nothing but crazy surrounding him, and I am talking from EVERYONE, not just the craziest of them all which is his biological dad.

Does anyone else feel like this show is gearing up for a "who shot/killed Randall" finale?  Why am I still watching this show?

We can only hope.  And yes, why, why, why am I "hate watching" this crap..,?  I and all of us deserve better lives than this.

As to last nights episode,Now, whoa.., wait a minute.. So we have learned crazy, wanna be Scarface dude who attempted (how do you screw up the pillow on the face gag?) to kill his dying dad and did the Solozzo (see Godfather) knife thing with the attorney, has a sister?   Also..., am I to understand the sister is named Claudia???  Also, am I right that Claudia is the big haired sister who works 911?  Who also is a deep undercover CIA, MI-5, Miami Vice type operative? along with Lucien?? Who have been sent to break up the corruption in the ultra corrupt 28 person police force in this bumfuck town?   Is TP doing that here?  If so, is Tyler really losing his mind?

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 1