Type keyword(s) to search

Marry Me - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

This was probably my least favorite episode so far. I just couldn't buy any of it. Yes, I know it's a TV show, but her boss would have had to be the dumbest person on the planet to not realize what was going on. This one was a big swing and a miss for me.

• Love 1

I think this is the last scheduled episode as of now. I think The Voice is 2 hours up until the new NBC sitcoms start in mid-March. So no idea if we'll ever even get to see the remaining 4 episodes. I hope they at least put them online if they never end up airing them on tv, would at least like to see how the series ends.

I thought Watkins was on the season with Jenny Slate. Either way, I liked seeing her here.

Wilson and Watkins were both fired together: http://www.tvguide.com/news/snl-fires-michaela-1009486/

I think Slate was one of their replacements, then she got fired that next year. Sometimes I don't get SNL with the way they fire so many talented people.

I think Slate was one of their replacements, then she got fired that next year. Sometimes I don't get SNL with the way they fire so many talented people.

When Casey was on SNL, I couldn't stand her. Don't know why, but she irked me in every skit. But then I absolutely loved her character on Happy Endings and of course on Marry Me.

This was probably my least favorite episode so far. I just couldn't buy any of it. Yes, I know it's a TV show, but her boss would have had to be the dumbest person on the planet to not realize what was going on. This one was a big swing and a miss for me.

I am the same way. I loved last weeks episode (thought it was the strongest) but this week was really boring. Too much of stuff going on with outsiders and not enough stuff about the main characters. Plus it was a little too stupid even for me. 

Also my recording cut off near the very end, was it ever resolved with Jake's identity being restored?

When Casey was on SNL, I couldn't stand her. Don't know why, but she irked me in every skit. But then I absolutely loved her character on Happy Endings and of course on Marry Me.

I don't really remember too many sketches where she got to be funny, most of her airtime was spent playing bit parts and straight roles from what I remember. But I did love her in this sketch (vimeo.com/81598076) though playing a paralyzed strip club dancer. I think that was the first time I realized she was really funny, up until Happy Endings, when I really started to love her.

As for this episode, I thought it was pretty enjoyable, if a bit too silly a plotline. I liked Michaela Watkins' character a lot, so I was a bit bummed Annie quit her job because it probably means we won't see anymore of her.

If this show doesn't get renewed, I really hope there's something to those rumors about Happy Endings possibly getting revived. I do think something is happening, the writers aren't saying what it is exactly, but it's something. I'm still not getting my hopes up that that SOMETHING is actually a revival or not though.

Edited by Batt Mastersly
.Good to see Bram (TWW) all over my TV this season. Cyrus's gigolo (Scandal), Denna's firefighter, and interim chief next week on Chicago Fire.

I totally busted out laughing at the end tag - I did NOT expect them to eat the glasses. I don't know how they did it without cracking a smile!

Yes! And having Cyrus' husband, James Novak, in the same scene.  Hee! :)

• Love 2

I just started watching the unaired episodes which are being shown in the UK so I have mixed feelings about this cancellation. I know it's not the best sitcom ever written but it makes me sad that a show like this gets canceled while crap like Two and a Half Men get renewed year after year.

• Love 2

I just hope this means Happy Endings can come back now.

That's a wonderful dream, isn't it? I want to live in the universe where that can happen. (Which isn't, alas, this one.)

How can I see the unaired episodes? I just hope this means Happy Endings can come back now. Once "Weird Loners" gets cancelled, they are all available.

Yeah, it seems like they aren't updating them on Hulu, either.  The last episode uploaded was Dead Me.

Ha, I wouldn't say that this was the absolute worst bachelor party ever, but Gil definitely lived down to his reputation with his evite screw up. I love that Jake ended up loving Jersey Boys though.

I was certain that Jake's mom would end up dating the computer repair guy instead of the doctor, but I'm just glad that she is dating someone.

I have no desire to watch the unaired episodes. Reading that they're out there, and my only reaction being "meh," only makes me realize just how little of an impression the show left on me. Caspe said he had an episode planned with Coupe and Cuthbert - are they in any of there?

I watched this a few days ago and what I remember most vividly (aside from Gil putting pubes in everyone's cakes) is all of the stuff Denna did to win Miss Skokie. Damn, Denna!

I wasn't crazy about the A plot with Annie's bio mom for multiple reasons, but I don't blame Annie for wanting to meet her when the opportunity presented itself.

Ha, always awesome to see Dick Casablancas being his douchey self! And for some reason, I totally buy Agnes DiPesto as his mom. As silly as it was, watching everyone sing "I Believe I Can Fly" was still funny. I loved that when he woke up, Jake said, "You're dead. I'm God."

I know 50 Shades jokes are too easy, but Gil's comment about how that book taught middle aged women to masturbate still cracked me up. Is it wrong that I kind of want to read Kay's YA vampire book now?

Got around to seeing the final 4 unaired episodes. Liked them a lot, kinda bummed me out there would be no more after that. Was really turning into a fun little show I could see myself wanting to watch for a few more seasons. Oh well, figured it was coming since NBC cancels all their comedies these days. I'm a Happy Endings devotee, so I'll follow Caspe and Wilson to the end of the earth until one of their shows lasts more than a season or two, better luck next time guys! (may I suggest going to cable, where they aren't so cancel-happy?)