Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Off the Grid

Lots of forums have a Small Talk topic, but I didn't see one for POI. So here it is.

I'll start: How are you all planning to celebrate the start of the new season? Theme party? Rewatch all previous episodes (I just finished the 3rd season DVDs)? Subscribe to a VPN? Learn Dutch?

I expect I'll be having my traditional sangria and finding parallels to Lost in spite of myself.

• Love 1

Great idea, ABay.

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

son of Sherlock and Irene Adler.

Can I say how much I hate this cliche?    Sherlock Holmes dealth with Irene Adler ONCE.   Just once in canon.    And she got married to a man she loved, which implied they lived happily ever after.   Holmes barely even interacted with her.   Yet somehow, every fiction writer in the world -- including the lovely Lauri King who does a great take on Sherlock after he retired -- has him involved with Irene Adler.   Sure she outsmarted the great Holmes, but that did not make her the love of his life.   It is quite clear from the Conan Doyle stories that Holmes, while a complete gentleman (and not the ass writers make him out to be these days), is just not interested in women.   He's not gay either.   He's asexual.   He just doesn't care enough and is too busy being a detective and needing the adrenaline rush of the chase to devote any time to relationship.  Any relationship, much less with one of the most beautiful and smartest women in the world.

• Love 3

ITA re: Adler. In Stout's defense, he was writing comparatively early on and the only clue re: Wolfe is that he was born in Montenegro...and I can't quite remember why that was significant. It's been a while!

I would love it if someone would would do a Holmes adaptation where NONE of the following appeared: drug addiction, Moriarty, Adler, These appeared maybe twice in the canon, and the addiction wasn't an addiction, but they dominate every freaking Holmes story since the 1970s revival of Holmes media. I much prefer when other minor aspects are used, like Kitty Winter. That's a fresh take, not the same old tropes over and over.

Yay, PoI is officially on Netflix today! Would anyone be interested in doing a (very slow) rewatch to celebrate? If there's enough people, could we make a thread?

If you do want to do a rewatch, we can either create individual episode threads for Seasons 1 and 2.  The upside to individual ep threads is if someone is watching slower and/or for the first time, they won't be spoiled to upcoming episodes.  However, season specific threads could be made too, for rewatch purposes.  If you want to guage interest outside of this forum (and this topic since people may not look for rewatch info the Ratings topic), you can post in Previously TV Rewatch Projects.

Just a quick post to find out how many of you are on board to join the thousands of fans who want to see this wonderful and relevant show, Person of Interest, which is the most original concept that has even been done on TV continue on from Season 5.

13 episodes are not enough to tell the rest of this story. If you haven't seen Season 4, then I will not spoil it, but so many cans of worms were opened up in this season that will take at least another 44 episodes to unwravel and wrap up.

So I am interested to see how many fans here want to get on board. 

More to follow on what we can do to convince another network to pick up this show. CBS clearly are not interested, look what happened last year to the Mentalist. POI looks like going the same route and CBS have no idea how valuable POI is and what they MIGHT be throwing away.

I really hope that you will join us to fight the good fight.

Cheers, Jel (DramaQueen)

PS I am not really a drama queen, just when it comes to TV shows that I love.

• Love 1

I found this awesome: on SpoilerTV Person of Interest won pretty much everything in popularity polls: favorite show, best character (Root, ofc), and best episode... with 2 PoI episodes (If-Then-Else / YHWH) in the final round. Normally I don't care about fan polls, but this was such an obvious landslide.

How's the Rewatch plan going? I've been rewatching and will keep doing so until season 5 airs, so I could watch whatever episode people would be interested in, well, preferably not season 1.

Edited by Crim

I've gone through the first four episodes of season 1 since I was so late to the series. The first PoI for me was "Razgovor" from season 3, and I was hooked forever from this:

REESE:

Finch, you aren't going to believe this, but Shaw just got made by a ten-year-old...

Edited by kahauna
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, fastiller said:

@Ghost Bear, Internet marry me, please.

I give that ☆☆☆☆☆ out of 5.

:) Thanks. I plan on incorporating them into my larger cityscape scene when I do my winter flip (for the holidays). I still need to find a suitable minifig setup for Carter, too.

• Love 2

Sorry, but CBS proves time and time again how incompetent of a network they are... this time it was cancelling this show. While I'll agree that the schlock with Dominic and Samaritan got old: Reese, Finch, Fusco, Root and Shaw were such a great watch. They'll never get old, ever.

Edited by MsWausau