Type keyword(s) to search

Kate: She'll Fold You A "Rocket Ship" Towel

methodwriter85
  • Start Topic

I was absolutely dumbstruck when I heard of Kate Chastain's arrest for trying to strangle Ro. http://www.realitytea.com/2016/08/08/deck-star-kate-chastain-charged-domestic-battery-allegedly-biting-strangling-girlfriend/

Kate has been arrested before for DUI, hit and run and assault and battery, but this time she's really in hot water and may end up in prison. http://starcasm.net/archives/336515

I doubt we'll be seeing Kate Chastain in next season's Below Deck.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I was absolutely dumbstruck when I heard of Kate Chastain's arrest for trying to strangle Ro. http://www.realitytea.com/2016/08/08/deck-star-kate-chastain-charged-domestic-battery-allegedly-biting-strangling-girlfriend/

Kate has been arrested before for DUI, hit and run and assault and battery, but this time she's really in hot water and may end up in prison. http://starcasm.net/archives/336515

Bravo loves its criminals.  She'll be back.

• Love 3

This just in from Radaronline.  SIX arrests now.  That we know of.  Here's the first - DUI @ 17.   

Blew twice the legal limit.

How do the media get their hands on these documents.  She was a minor.  Aren't those sealed?

Interesting part of the documents (if you want to see them, you have to click the link in the article):  In addition to the fines, community service and suspended license for 6 months, she had to write a 600 word essay to the court about staying in school.  This makes me wonder if she was on the verge of dropping out and this was revealed during the hearings.

Florida is a little weird on their court documents. Being 17 is a grey area. We also have the Sunshine Law which allows open access to government proceedings. (Except divorces, but that's a different conversation) I only read the article. DUI is a moving violation. That's a typical sentence for a first time offense. It was interesting to read she initially refused the breathalyzer. If she hadn't changed her mind and submitted, she would have only lost her license for 12 months. And possibly a ticket for possession of alcohol underage if she had any in the car. None of this information would be sealed though. 

The 600 word essay sounds like she chose to participate in the Teen Court program. I'm not very familiar with Teen Court but from what I understand it's mostly conducted by peers. It's a regular judge but teens assume the other roles. I think. I think it's a way for teens to learn from each other's mistakes. I'm not sure at all, but it might also be similar to taking a class to keep the points off your license. Which would also help with auto insurance premiums and probably just "looks better" on paper. Or at least that's the general idea I have of Teen Court anyway. I could be wrong. I can't imagine any other reason for an essay, though. 

• Love 1
On 10/19/2016 at 5:08 PM, HumblePi said:

I don't know.  I'm with the person who said something's fishy about this story.  Kate is tiny, and her girlfriend (ex or otherwise) is enormous.  It would be like a mosquito attacking a rhino.  Doesn't really make sense.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2016 at 10:05 PM, pbutler111 said:

I don't know.  I'm with the person who said something's fishy about this story.  Kate is tiny, and her girlfriend (ex or otherwise) is enormous.  It would be like a mosquito attacking a rhino.  Doesn't really make sense.

Like I said my friend Daniel was assaulted by his live in gf who was a very small woman multiple times before he left. I mean in cases of fights or abuse no one really knows the circumstances the person attacked could have been caught by surprise or maybe reluctant to fight back. I had the shit beat out of me in one relationship several times & he was much taller and stronger but honestly even if he wasn't ....I'm not the type of person to raise a hand or react physically I just shut down or become catatonic. Maybe that's what Ro did. The police obviously thought the situation was one sided. It's not really fair to pt the finger at the victim simply because she's tall or weighs more. 

Its easy for people to say what they'd do in that situation or how it should have gone. but until a person experiences it they don't know if it's that easy to defend or subdue a person or assert oneself. And if a person has been hit by a lover or choked out by them and managed to fight them off and win good for them but not everyone is as strong or confident mentally. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Like I said my friend Daniel was assaulted by his live in gf who was a very small woman multiple times before he left. I mean in cases of fights or abuse no one really knows the circumstances the person attacked could have been caught by surprise or maybe reluctant to fight back. I had the shit beat out of me in one relationship several times & he was much taller and stronger but honestly even if he wasn't ....I'm not the type of person to raise a hand or react physically I just shut down or become catatonic. Maybe that's what Ro did. The police obviously thought the situation was one sided. It's not really fair to pt the finger at the victim simply because she's tall or weighs more. 

Its easy for people to say what they'd do in that situation or how it should have gone. but until a person experiences it they don't know if it's that easy to defend or subdue a person or assert oneself. And if a person has been hit by a lover or choked out by them and managed to fight them off and win good for them but not everyone is as strong or confident mentally. 

I wasn't pointing fingers, and I didn't say what I would or wouldn't do in the situation.  I'm just saying the story sounds a little hinky, and I'm very aware that I know next to nothing about what happened other than what was reported in the media, which was hardly comprehensive coverage.  I'm interested in hearing Kate's side of the story which, hopefully, she'll tell in due course.

• Love 3

Yeah, not AS much on this forum but the comment sections elsewhere are full of, "Kate is waaaay too delicate to have beat on that Amazon."  "Look how aggressive that beast was on the show, macking all over Kate when Kate really wasn't into it."  coughbullshitcough

All I got is LOLZ. 

If that can be said, it's also possible Kate gets drunk and beats the hell out of all her lovers.  The guys never report it because guys usually don't.  So she came home drunk and pounced on Ro and Ro had her arrested.  Somehow, because Ro is bigger than Kate, there could certainly be no way Kate could be guilty. 

Again, LOLZ.  Kate looks and acts like she's perfectly capable of clawing anybody's eyes out. Imagine what she's like mean AND drunk.

• Love 4

I like Kate and I'm not even saying this applies in her scenario with Ro but: crazy always wins. Doesn't matter much how bigger the other person is. I've seen small people kick the crap out of much larger people. Because they were in the throes of crazytown.

Edited by Rebecca
I sounded like English was not my first language and it is. ;)
  • Love 5

Kate decided to mock the primaries this episode. Just as she has done many times before.

So these Italian Americans are “Mafia” and she needs to mock the woman’s clothes. Guess what? In New York most women have a wardrobe that is about 90% black. Everyone doesn’t necessarily have “vacation” clothes. Why is it permissible to stereotype and mock Italians?  Would they do it to African Americans, Jewish people, Muslims or any other ethnic group?

i just wish Joe Colombo were alive today.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2018 at 11:37 PM, langford peel said:

Kate decided to mock the primaries this episode. Just as she has done many times before.

So these Italian Americans are “Mafia” and she needs to mock the woman’s clothes. Guess what? In New York most women have a wardrobe that is about 90% black. Everyone doesn’t necessarily have “vacation” clothes. Why is it permissible to stereotype and mock Italians?  Would they do it to African Americans, Jewish people, Muslims or any other ethnic group?

i just wish Joe Colombo were alive today.

I just started watching this show and my first reaction is that Kate is a mean girl.  She’s. Ice to your face but then has something to say behind your back.  While Caroline was annoying, I thought it was very immature for Kaye and Josiah to blast music to get Caroline out.  Kate, I’m sure, did not see anything wrong with it. 

• Love 3

I don’t follow Kate on Instagram or other social media (just see Twitter sometimes) so can anyone tell me about her recent move to NYC? Has she totally relocated there, leaving her home in Florida? 

Edited by RedHawk
22 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I don’t follow Kate on Instagram or other social media (just see Twitter sometimes) so can anyone tell me about her recent move to NYC? Has she totally relocated there, leaving her home in Florida? 

Yes. She said she wanted to try living there once in her life and said she would probably stay about two years.

• Love 2

Anyone else get the feeling that Kate may be joining the RHNY next season?  Andy did say to Kate that she looked like a RH.  She did move to NY last year and it looks like Tinsley may be moving to Chicago permanently since she's marrying Scott.  I would actually enjoy Kate being on the show.  Imagine the snark.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that Kate may be joining the RHNY next season?  Andy did say to Kate that she looked like a RH.  She did move to NY last year and it looks like Tinsley may be moving to Chicago permanently since she's marrying Scott.  I would actually enjoy Kate being on the show.  Imagine the snark.

No I think it was an offhand joke.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I hope not.

• Love 3

I hate Kate so I'm  thrilled that she won't be on Below Deck next season. IMHO Kate doesn't belong on RHONY and I hope that doesn't happen.    I have to admit that the mean girl in me wouldn't mind watching Dorinda and Ramona destroy her (evil grin).   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

I hate Kate so I'm  thrilled that she won't be on Below Deck next season. IMHO Kate doesn't belong on RHONY and I hope that doesn't happen.    I have to admit that the mean girl in me wouldn't mind watching Dorinda and Ramona destroy her (evil grin).   

I actually find Kate very entertaining but only when she's not being mean to people.  If she could strip that mean streak, I'd be a true fan.   In her current form, I'm glad she's off BD.  She is way too toxic.  And I hope to never see Rhylee Gerber again - ever.

• Love 1

I don’t like Kate when she’s being overly mean, but enjoy her snark and “Who’s the dick now?” was a shining moment in an otherwise bad and boring season. I liked watching her be competent, creative, a problem-solver, and an occasional bitchy boss. I also enjoyed moments like when she and Ben soaked their feet together at the end of a long day. Will miss all that and probably won’t enjoy the next season without her. 

I hate Real Housewives of New York and wouldn’t bother tuning in if Kate joins. Not the Kate I want to see. I suspect she’s working on some other Bravo thing but if it’s in cahoots with Andy I feel like he’s leading her in the wrong direction.