Type keyword(s) to search

Kate: She'll Fold You A "Rocket Ship" Towel

methodwriter85
  • Start Topic

I like that about Ben.

He also mentioned in a talking head how he knows her pretty well and she always has an enemy or someone she dislikes (I took this to mean on various charters and in personal off the boat stuff) since he was was making the remark after having spent a lot off off boat time with her during their fling and returning to the work sitch.

• Love 2

As to Kate's bathing habits I bet when she is on charter and it's go, go, go on a particular day that is when she might take a whore's bath, but if she has the time she will grab a quick shower. She is professional she would not subject a guest to her B.O., not to mention jeopardize her job and reputation, and no guest would put up with a smelly stew hovering around without saying something.

I believe that when Kate said that she sometimes takes a whore's bath it was to emphasize how little time she has when guests are aboard.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Rewatching season 2, I've liked Kate since day one. Her angst against Amy wasn't out of the blue, in face it took about 6.5 episodes for said angst to happen... I do like that they repaired their relationship in season 3... Just felt compelled to share since I kno a lot of peeps pointed out how "mean" Kate was to Amy when from what I've watched, she really wasn't... She just wasn't a fan towards the end

• Love 2

Now I feel bad for accusing Kate of lying about her age. All that sun has clearly done her no good. She's still my favorite though.

I'm watching the Season 2 marathon and I feel it was mean to say she never wanted to work with Amy again. Amy did like to play the victim a bit, but she was clearly a hard worker and had an excellent rapport with the guests. I also think Kat had a lot to do with the overall toxicity of the situation. I'm glad they mended fences this season.

Edited by delicatecutter

When I first met my husband, he had a forehead of wrinkles deeper than Kate and he was 28.  He's looked older than he is for a long time, and finally now his age is catching up to his face.  He had wrinkles as a teenager.  If you look at Justin Bieber, he's got those kind of forehead wrinkles.  Lindsay Lohan, even before the drugs, had a wrinkled forehead.  Jaden Smith.  Heck, this baby who is past newborn wrinkles but has a wrinkled brow.  Huge picture behind spoiler.

252967-baby-boy-and-furrowed-brow-Stock-

Can we just accept she's 32 with a wrinkled brow?

Edited by Eater of Worlds

I think the biggest difference this season is that Amy was able to give all of her attention to the job instead of her needy brother. Kate had to live full time with both scenarios and I feel like she appreciated the shift in Amy's focus.

• Love 2

Hope Kate can get the help she needs, but probably needs to go further down.  A second DUI arrest might identify a problem.

Did she say she was going to buy a hard-top convertible?

Edited by Liberty

Easy peezy lemon squeezy mug shot that I found which is the one Ryebread shared a link to in the episode thread. Yup that ONE florida arrest only states out of county warrant. Still can't find anything about a DUI. It's not being an Kate apologist to strongly believe that if such a strong accusation is being thrown out that some sort of verification be present whether it be provided in this forum or at least pretty visible somewhere on line. I just find it disturbing how such liberties can be taken when making such accusations. 

As for whether she  LOOKS only a fraction of a point over the legal limit in her mug shot.... Hold on while I get my Blood Alcohol Level spectacles from my purse. LOL! I admit that really tickled me. Hee!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
Easy peezy lemon squeezy mug shot that I found which is the one Ryebread shared a link to in the episode thread. Yup that ONE florida arrest only states out of county warrant. Still can't find anything about a DUI. It's not being an Kate apologist to strongly believe that if such a strong accusation is being thrown out that some sort of verification be present whether it be provided in this forum or at least pretty visible somewhere on line.

Here is the exact link I shared in the other thread. Click it and scroll down. Easy peasy.  Just like I said.

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Kathryn_Chastian_1273614/

I just find it disturbing how such liberties can be taken when making such accusations.

No liberties taken, follow the link and look. You asked for information, I provided it.  Your appreciation is overwhelming. @@

Back to my shiny, happy bubble where men don't treat women like whores after a hook-up and it's never okay to drive drunk. Hee!

• Love 5

Here is the exact link I shared in the other thread. Click it and scroll down. Easy peasy. Just like I said.

No liberties taken, follow the link and look. You asked for information, I provided it. Your appreciation is overwhelming. @@

Back to my shiny, happy bubble where men don't treat women like whores after a hook-up and it's never okay to drive drunk. Hee!

If I'm reading that correctly she was caught driving with prescription drugs on her possession, correct? It doesn't say anything about a blood alcohol level. But it does say she refused a test. Was she convicted? I still can't find that.

• Love 2

Here is the exact link I shared in the other thread. Click it and scroll down. Easy peasy.  Just like I said.

No liberties taken, follow the link and look. You asked for information, I provided it.  Your appreciation is overwhelming. @@

Back to my shiny, happy bubble where men don't treat women like whores after a hook-up and it's never okay to drive drunk. Hee!

I like  my happy bubble where life isn't lived in such extremes.

I did the search on my own and this particular page did not show up anywhere. I can only view it using the link you've provided. Not sure why.

Also both descriptions refer to possession of non prescription pills 3 xanax to be precise. How that can be turned into Kate being ragingly drunk on alcohol seems to be a stretch to me. POSSESSION of 3 xanax's and the next charge again possession of non prescribed pills most likely the same situation.  Yeah, that's more than enough to throw around the idea that Kate has 3 instances of drunk driving under her belt.

Correction# I just realized that's all under the one arrest. So I'm guessing the other mug shot was for out of county warrant based on this original charge.

Maybe I'll take a xanax to get a similar "happy bubble" experience. I just might bump into Rocky and her mermaid tail while I'm there.

If I'm reading that correctly she was caught driving with prescription drugs on her possession, correct? It doesn't say anything about a blood alcohol level. But it does say she refused a test. Was she convicted? I still can't find that.

Who needs a conviction? If you have a mug shot then you're guilty apparently.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

Who needs a conviction? If you have a mug shot then you're guilty apparently.

She was obviously convicted of something because she had a probation violation the year after her DUI.  Now was it for the DUI?  I have no idea.  Don't want to pony up the money Broward County wants for our stewed stew's records. It might be for a different conviction I haven't found. Nothing surprises me about this chick anymore.

Did I forget to post the probation violation mugshot?  So many, I'm getting mixed up.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Palm-Beach-County-FL/Kathryn-D-Chastian.5782568.html

Kathryn-D-Chastian_mugshot.400x800.jpg

I'm reading it as well and it does appear like she was caught with 3 Xanax (misspelled there as xanaz but I assume it's Xanax) without a prescription. She does look really hammered or drugged up there though.

Could be. Could also be that she was crying while being arrested. I'm really pale too and at the end of the night after my make up had worn off and I started crying (which I might do if I was arrested) I would have that same bloated, doughy, walk of shame face too. My hung over face and my just got done crying face are pretty similar. Sometimes they happen together. Not saying she wasn't hammered, just that I'm not sure based just on that.

• Love 4

Also both descriptions refer to possession of non prescription pills 3 xanax to be precise. How that can be turned into Kate being ragingly drunk on alcohol seems to be a stretch to me. POSSESSION of 3 xanax's and the next charge again possession of non prescribed pills most likely the same situation.  Yeah, that's more than enough to throw around the idea that Kate has 3 instances of drunk driving under her belt.

Not exactly. The arrest was for DUI.  She was driving under the influence of booze and/or pills. Since she refused to blow, they listed both. Why she refused to blow is curious, dontcha think?  Her second offense on the same arrest was for possession. Was she swerving, smelling of booze? I don't even care what she was high on anymore. She drove a car, and was buzzed enough to be pulled over and arrested. Taking sips out of a wine filled coffee cup are the least of her issues.

This all started when someone posted this mug shot and I said she looked like she was drunk. Big whoop. Apparently, unless it's said about Rocky, that's not allowed without 47 pieces of documentation.  (and yes, I'm aware that I really wasn't asked for 47)

So...does Out of County Warrant mean she was arrested for something else in another county? I only looked in one county. Someone pull the rest of her records. That might be fun. I'm interested but I can't look at her face any more today and she's not worth the 35 bucks.

11_05_01_320149.jpg

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Kathryn_Chastain_5499234/

Fozzy:  You think she looks puffy from crying? Entirely possible but be careful what you say about how she looks in her mug shot. Be prepared to produce documentation that her make-up is indeed washed away by tears. In all seriousness, for me, 3 arrests for DUI, prostitution or theft of a Red Bull is a loser in my book. YMMV. Had all I discovered was that she was protesting the testing of cosmetics on animals I'd totally cut her some slack.  But she doesn't need my slack. Looks like she's got all she needs.  I'm out. 

But to reiterate:

Arrest 1:  DUI/Possession

Arrest 2:  Out of County Warrant

Arrest 3:  Probation Violation

Nice gal, our chief stew. 

2010013296.jpg

• Love 4

So she IS 32. When I first saw these photos I thought she looked young -- not 40. I guess the makeup, humidity, and stress of a charter cruise actually makes her look older than getting arrested does!

• Love 1

Kate is a horrible person because mug shot. And lack of shot of mug.

I don't think Kate is a great person, I just come down on her side on the whole season that Rocky ruined for me. Last year was the season where everyone annoyed the hell out of me, especially Kate.

I certainly can't fault Kate for refusing a police administered test, being a fan of civil liberties.

• Love 3

Not exactly. The arrest was for DUI.  She was driving under the influence of booze and/or pills. Since she refused to blow, they listed both. Why she refused to blow is curious, dontcha think?  Her second offense on the same arrest was for possession. Was she swerving, smelling of booze? I don't even care what she was high on anymore. She drove a car, and was buzzed enough to be pulled over and arrested. Taking sips out of a wine filled coffee cup are the least of her issues.

This all started when someone posted this mug shot and I said she looked like she was drunk. Big whoop. Apparently, unless it's said about Rocky, that's not allowed without 47 pieces of documentation.  (and yes, I'm aware that I really wasn't asked for 47)

So...does Out of County Warrant mean she was arrested for something else in another county? I only looked in one county. Someone pull the rest of her records. That might be fun. I'm interested but I can't look at her face any more today and she's not worth the 35 bucks.

11_05_01_320149.jpg

http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Kathryn_Chastain_5499234/

Fozzy:  You think she looks puffy from crying? Entirely possible but be careful what you say about how she looks in her mug shot. Be prepared to produce documentation that her make-up is indeed washed away by tears. In all seriousness, for me, 3 arrests for DUI, prostitution or theft of a Red Bull is a loser in my book. YMMV. Had all I discovered was that she was protesting the testing of cosmetics on animals I'd totally cut her some slack.  But she doesn't need my slack. Looks like she's got all she needs.  I'm out. 

But to reiterate:

Nice gal, our chief stew. 

2010013296.jpg

Wait.  How do you come up with three arrests for DUI? 

When was she convicted of DUI?  Nothing states that. 

The parole violation could just as much have had to do with 'possession' of three xanax without a prescription.  And heck, my mother would give me a few xanax once in a while. 

Just don't see enough information to draw the conclusions you're making.

And the disclaimer on the web page:

No claims to the accuracy of this information are made. The information and photos presented on this site have been collected from the websites of County Sheriff's Offices or Clerk of Courts. The people featured on this site may not have been convicted of the charges or crimes listed and are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Do not rely on this site to determine factual criminal records. Contact the respective county clerk of State Attorney's Office for more information. All comments and opinions are submitted by Internet users, and in no way reflect the views or opinions of this site's operators.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 1

From my understanding an out of state warrant means just that and nothing more. There is a warrant for you in another state. It doesn't necessarily mean a particular kind of warrant. Could be an arrest warrant, could be a bench warrant, could be a financial warrant, heck it could be a jury duty summons. I'm not trying to say that I think Kate didn't do something wrong, just that a warrant isn't proof of criminal activity. I would think a felony record would make it almost impossible to do her job since it can mess up your ability to enter countries so I am curious what the story is.

• Love 2

Wait. How do you come up with three arrests for DUI?

When was she convicted of DUI? Nothing states that.

The parole violation could just as much have had to do with 'possession' of three xanax without a prescription. And heck, my mother would give me a few xanax once in a while.

Just don't see enough information to draw the conclusions you're making.

And the disclaimer on the web page:

No claims to the accuracy of this information are made. The information and photos presented on this site have been collected from the websites of County Sheriff's Offices or Clerk of Courts. The people featured on this site may not have been convicted of the charges or crimes listed and are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Do not rely on this site to determine factual criminal records. Contact the respective county clerk of State Attorney's Office for more information. All comments and opinions are submitted by Internet users, and in no way reflect the views or opinions of this site's operators.

If you look at the post you quoted, Rye only said that ONE arrest was for DUI. They also said that whether she had 3 arrests for DUI, 3 for out of county warrants, or 3 for shoplifting Red Bull, or a combination, that would make them a loser IN THEIR OPINION, but there is nothing in that post at all saying that she has 3 DUI. There is also nothing saying whether she was or was not convincted, only that she was arrested. I am guessing, and let me please reiterate GUESSING WITH NO PROOF OR INSIDE KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER, that she was NOT convicted of anything...that she was given some kind of program and in exchange the charges were dropped. Those are not really serious charges in most courts eyes (I mean they COULD BE, but to most courts, as long as someone is seeking help they can get away with a couple arrests...even maybe 1 probation violation, as long as they dont have a record a mile long) it really depends on their lawyer, and who is prosecuting the case for the state.

Also, around me DUI mean under the influence of alcohol OR drugs...DWI is alcohol only. Obviously I have no knowledge of Florida's DUI/DWI laws

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 2

Wait.  How do you come up with three arrests for DUI? 

When was she convicted of DUI?  Nothing states that. 

Let's draw conclusions based on what we do know, then.

She was behaving in a way that brought her to the attention of the police and was impaired enough to be arrested.

She did something serious enough that one law enforcement agency asked other law enforcement agencies to detain her.

She was on probation, either because she was convicted of a crime or because she was under the supervision of the court for a prosecutable offense. She failed to follow the terms and was arrested again.

People have been diagnosing Rocky with all sorts of mental health conditions based on nothing more than her appearance on a reality television show, yet they demand complete details when Kate's criminal behavior is a matter of public record. We don't need details. One arrest might be a mistake. Three arrests allow us to conclude that there's a problem. Does this make Kate a horrendous menace to society? Probably not, but it does belie the veneer of sophistication, elegance and refinement she attempts to project. Couple this with the fact that she's been shown lying both to her immediate supervisor and the guests she serves and I'm not inclined to trust her version of the truth.

(Edited to correct errors noted by other posters.)

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 5

Let's draw conclusions based on what we do know, then.

She was convicted of something or she wouldn't have been placed on probation. She was, though, and instead of appreciating the chance she'd been given, she violated probation.

This is inaccurate. It is very possible to be on probation without ever being convicted of anything. Some "deals" require probation and at the end of probation, if you have not violated it, the original charges are dismissed. If you violate probation though, you are usually charged again with the original charge and may then be prosecuted for it

• Love 2

This is inaccurate. It is very possible to be on probation without ever being convicted of anything. Some "deals" require probation and at the end of probation, if you have not violated it, the original charges are dismissed. If you violate probation though, you are usually charged again with the original charge and may then be prosecuted for it

It's accurate. Here's just one source:

Q: What is probation?

A: Probation is the suspension of a jail sentence that allows a person convicted of a crime a chance to remain in the community, instead of going to jail. Probation requires that you follow certain court-ordered rules and conditions under the supervision of a probation officer. Typical conditions may include performing community service, meeting with your probation officer, refraining from using illegal drugs or excessive alcohol, avoiding certain people and places, and appearing in court during requested times.

- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/probation-faq.html#sthash.qpaGvg2r.dpuf

What you're describing sounds like a continuance for dismissal, which can include supervision. Supervision is similar to probation, but not matching. If you're arrested for violation of probation, you've been convicted of a crime.

• Love 1

Interesting...but my best friend was on "probation" for 2 years without a conviction. I was in court with him when the prosecutor reccommended and the judge imposed the probation, and the case was continued until the probation was over. He went and saw his probation officer once a month. And at the end of the successful completion, the charges were dropped. He has no criminal record.

Check out the link:http://www.connecticutcriminallawyer.com/personal-injury-attorney-blog/2015/02/14/pretrial-diversion-programs-connecticut-alternative-criminal-record/

The program he received is called "CADAC"

CADAC—The CADAC program is available to people who were charged with more severe drug crimes than the Pretrial Drug Education Program would allow. However, to qualify, the offender must show that they were suffering from a drug addiction at the time of the crime. The program will usually consist of probation, along with substance abuse treatment, possibly within a hospital or other inpatient setting. If probation is successfully completed, the charges will be dismissed.

FWIW, He did not have an inpatient drug rehab, but an outpatient. A violation of probation would have resulted in his rearrest for violation of probation and his being charged for the original charges as well as any additional new charges. So you see, probation does not necessarily mean you have ever had a conviction (at least in the state of CT). I think your description of "probation" is accurate, except for that one point...I would imagine that other states have similar programs, but that is strictly an assumption...The one in CT is the one that I know about for a fact

All that being said, the fact that Kate was re arrested for a violation of probation would probably mean she was re-charged, but it may have been possible for her to get the same program again (if she ever had a program the first time) that would still leave her without a criminal record...not saying it is the case, only that it is possible

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 2

If you look at the post you quoted, Rye only said that ONE arrest was for DUI. They also said that whether she had 3 arrests for DUI, 3 for out of county warrants, or 3 for shoplifting Red Bull, or a combination, that would make them a loser IN THEIR OPINION, but there is nothing in that post at all saying that she has 3 DUI. There is also nothing saying whether she was or was not convincted, only that she was arrested. I am guessing, and let me please reiterate GUESSING WITH NO PROOF OR INSIDE KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER, that she was NOT convicted of anything...that she was given some kind of program and in exchange the charges were dropped. Those are not really serious charges in most courts eyes (I mean they COULD BE, but to most courts, as long as someone is seeking help they can get away with a couple arrests...even maybe 1 probation violation, as long as they dont have a record a mile long) it really depends on their lawyer, and who is prosecuting the case for the state.

Also, around me DUI mean under the influence of alcohol OR drugs...DWI is alcohol only. Obviously I have no knowledge of Florida's DUI/DWI laws

This is exactly what Rye said:

Be prepared to produce documentation that her make-up is indeed washed away by tears. In all seriousness, for me, 3 arrests for DUI, prostitution or theft of a Red Bull is a loser in my book.

I interpreted it differently.

And I remind everyone again, the site that is making these statements has a disclaimer at the bottom of the page stating that the information about the arrest may be inaccurate. 

This is exactly what Rye said:

Be prepared to produce documentation that her make-up is indeed washed away by tears. In all seriousness, for me, 3 arrests for DUI, prostitution or theft of a Red Bull is a loser in my book.

I interpreted it differently.

And I remind everyone again, the site that is making these statements has a disclaimer at the bottom of the page stating that the information about the arrest may be inaccurate.

Yes totally get you! Sorry if I came off as a dick...I didn't mean it like that...I was just trying to clarify the way I interpreted it. Just below that in the same post Rye said the following

But to reiterate:

Arrest 1: DUI/Possession

Arrest 2: Out of County Warrant

Arrest 3: Probation Violation

and I do totally get what you are saying about the disclaimer...that info is not current...it was just entered there at one time. Those particular charges could have all been dropped. Cheers! :) Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 1

Interesting...but my best friend was on "probation" for 2 years without a conviction. I was in court with him when the prosecutor reccommended and the judge imposed the probation, and the case was continued until the probation was over. He went and saw his probation officer once a month. And at the end of the successful completion, the charges were dropped. He has no criminal record.

Check out the link:http://www.connecticutcriminallawyer.com/personal-injury-attorney-blog/2015/02/14/pretrial-diversion-programs-connecticut-alternative-criminal-record/

The program he received is called "CADAC"

I see what you're saying and you're right. I edited my original post to correct my mistake.

Yes totally get you! Sorry if I came off as a dick...I didn't mean it like that...I was just trying to clarify the way I interpreted it. Just below that in the same post Rye said the following

and I do totally get what you are saying about the disclaimer...that info is not current...it was just entered there at one time. Those particular charges could have all been dropped. Cheers! :)

No worries!

BTW, before people assume that someone arrested for DUI was pulled over by the police for driving erratically,  you can be in your car with no intention of driving it and still be obliged to take a field sobriety test.  Yep.  If you feel you're unable to drive and decide to wait it out, an officer can demand a field sobriety test if he feels cause.  In Florida, and other states, if you are in the car and have the keys in the ignition or within reach, you have physical control of the car and are accountable as if you were driving.  I'm not saying this was the case with Kate.  None of us know what the situation was but to make claims on the basis of a website who purposely makes a disclaimer about the accuracy of their information, is presumptuous at the very least. 

Also, warrants are issues for many different reasons.  And it looks like, because of the dates, it was for the probation violation.  Why did Kate violate probation?  Who knows.  It was over a year from when she was arrested for the xanax.  So it doesn't 'look' like she may have been ignoring something to do with that event.  But maybe something caused her to miss that or there was confusion.  The point here is that I think it unfair to draw conclusions based on what 'may' be facts.  And I don't care if it's Kate or anyone else.  What I do know is that an arrest doesn't mean conviction or guilt and that media outlets don't always get their facts correct.  I know that from some people I know experiences. 

I also want to add, that many of posters' comments here about Rocky are based on what they, as well as myself, saw on the show.  The comments about Kate and her arrests are based on an online site who specifically claims no accuracy to what they are reporting.  Also, I've never seen Kate drunk on the show.  Even at the non charter events, I would never say she was 'drunk'.  Having a couple of drinks?  Yes.

• Love 5
I also want to add, that many of posters' comments here about Rocky are based on what they, as well as myself, saw on the show.

And I made my statement about Kate looking drunk based on what I saw on her three mugshots. Perception is everything.  Especially because....

The comments about Kate and her arrests are based on an online site who specifically claims no accuracy to what they are reporting.

The comments about any of them are based on a reality show which is not based on fact and largely in the editing monkey's hands.  And some posters even claim it's scripted! So which is it?

• Love 4

In Florida, and other states, if you are in the car and have the keys in the ignition or within reach, you have physical control of the car and are accountable as if you were driving. I'm not saying this was the case with Kate. None of us know what the situation was but to make claims on the basis of a website who purposely makes a disclaimer about the accuracy of their information, is presumptuous at the very least.

Ok, that means my sentence should read: She was acting in a way that brought her to the attention of the police and was impaired enough to be arrested. Bottom line is still that she was arrested. Three times. For the DUI, on a warrant and for violating probation. We can dance around and say she might have been in a diversion program or she might have been sleeping it off behind the wheel or she might have accidentally violated her probation. It doesn't change the fact that she was arrested three times.

I also want to add, that many of posters' comments here about Rocky are based on what they, as well as myself, saw on the show. The comments about Kate and her arrests are based on an online site who specifically claims no accuracy to what they are reporting. Also, I've never seen Kate drunk on the show. Even at the non charter events, I would never say she was 'drunk'. Having a couple of drinks? Yes.

That we've never seen Kate drunk on the show doesn't speak to the arrests. After all, we never saw Josh Duggar or Paula Deen be inappropriate on television, either. The comments about Kate and her arrests are conclusions based on items published on a website. The comments about Rocky are conclusions based on what people saw on the show. We don't have any proof that either representation is more or less accurate than the other.

• Love 4

That we've never seen Kate drunk on the show doesn't speak to the arrests. After all, we never saw Josh Duggar or Paula Deen be inappropriate on television, either. The comments about Kate and her arrests are conclusions based on items published on a website. The comments about Rocky are conclusions based on what people saw on the show. We don't have any proof that either representation is more or less accurate than the other.

Bingo.

From now on, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for absolute, based-on-fact statements y'all make about our deckhands and HWs. To parse every word for complete accuracy. ;-) 

Can a footnote button be added to the dashboard? It'll be handy when claims are made that someone is really ill, (or not) or looking like she's had some work done or on the verge of senility or stealing houses.  Documents, people! 

Nahhh. Just kidding. Snark away freely.  And I hope I'm allowed to do the same in the future.  Because frankly, this turned into a big ol' drag.

• Love 3

I do remember the plot of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond actually being exactly what breezy was talking about. Debra drank too much and decided to nap in her car behind the wheel, the key might have been in the ignition, and a cop came over and had her thrown in jail even though she hadn't been driving. That could have just as easily happened to Kate for all we know.

• Love 3

I do remember the plot of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond actually being exactly what breezy was talking about. Debra drank too much and decided to nap in her car behind the wheel, the key might have been in the ignition, and a cop came over and had her thrown in jail even though she hadn't been driving. That could have just as easily happened to Kate for all we know.

Can you provide proof that this episode really exists and if it really went down like this?  I can't seem to find this particular episode or the script on Imdb. 

J/K Bogo.  Not required. Just playing.

• Love 1

One thing I can say with a degree of certainty is Kate's look has improved but her hair hasn't. Her BRF or RBF if you prefer has always looked to me to be a face of a rough life. I now wonder if the stew life might have been a choice to get away and change that life. I wonder what her story is.

• Love 2

Could be. Could also be that she was crying while being arrested. I'm really pale too and at the end of the night after my make up had worn off and I started crying (which I might do if I was arrested) I would have that same bloated, doughy, walk of shame face too. My hung over face and my just got done crying face are pretty similar. Sometimes they happen together. Not saying she wasn't hammered, just that I'm not sure based just on that.

Yeah, to me the only thing obvious is that it does look like she was crying. Aside from that nothing else is obvious to me but then again I'm not one to use a photo to determine blood alcohol levels so there's that. <shrug>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

BTW, before people assume that someone arrested for DUI was pulled over by the police for driving erratically,  you can be in your car with no intention of driving it and still be obliged to take a field sobriety test.  Yep.  If you feel you're unable to drive and decide to wait it out, an officer can demand a field sobriety test if he feels cause.  In Florida, and other states, if you are in the car and have the keys in the ignition or within reach, you have physical control of the car and are accountable as if you were driving.  I'm not saying this was the case with Kate.  None of us know what the situation was but to make claims on the basis of a website who purposely makes a disclaimer about the accuracy of their information, is presumptuous at the very least. 

Also, warrants are issues for many different reasons.  And it looks like, because of the dates, it was for the probation violation.  Why did Kate violate probation?  Who knows.  It was over a year from when she was arrested for the xanax.  So it doesn't 'look' like she may have been ignoring something to do with that event.  But maybe something caused her to miss that or there was confusion.  The point here is that I think it unfair to draw conclusions based on what 'may' be facts.  And I don't care if it's Kate or anyone else.  What I do know is that an arrest doesn't mean conviction or guilt and that media outlets don't always get their facts correct.  I know that from some people I know experiences. 

I also want to add, that many of posters' comments here about Rocky are based on what they, as well as myself, saw on the show.  The comments about Kate and her arrests are based on an online site who specifically claims no accuracy to what they are reporting.  Also, I've never seen Kate drunk on the show.  Even at the non charter events, I would never say she was 'drunk'.  Having a couple of drinks?  Yes.

Love it! You can be on my jury any time! ;-)

• Love 1

Ok, that means my sentence should read: She was acting in a way that brought her to the attention of the police and was impaired enough to be arrested. Bottom line is still that she was arrested. Three times. For the DUI, on a warrant and for violating probation. We can dance around and say she might have been in a diversion program or she might have been sleeping it off behind the wheel or she might have accidentally violated her probation. It doesn't change the fact that she was arrested three times.

I think the point is that it doesn't necessarily take much to be arrested so using an ARREST as some huge proof of someone's character is a bit ignorant. Especially since it's no secret how twisty and windy the judicial system is not to mention that book law has so many nooks and crannies of laws and violations. I mean hell you can be ARRESTED for jay walking for crying out loud. Plus there's only the one charge, then the second for out of country warrant which could mean ANYTHING and a "third" mugshot that I'm not sure is associated with a separate charge. So it's still a bit curious to me.

I've got a reckless driving ticket under my belt because I was going 75 in a 65 on the interstate for about 45 seconds before I realized I was having a lead foot moment. I get another one of those and my license will be suspended and I could face jail time. I know someone who actually has had this happen. Reckless driving is the charge which sound worse than what the situation really is but see her mug shot on a site and the caption reckless driving and the exaggerations fly. "Oh how reckless, how selfish, what a bitch for endangering others with her disregard on the road".  Here we have 3 Xanax's (oh the horror) and some non photo shopped selfies and you would think her name was Kim Richards. LOL! Just sayin'.  Pretty amusing actually.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I think the point is that it doesn't necessarily take much to be arrested so using an ARREST as some huge proof of someone's character is a bit ignorant.

My opinions are based on life experience, as are yours, so I would say the difference is due to personal knowledge rather than ignorance. It may not take much to cause an arrest, but it takes something. For me, someone with multiple arrests has demonstrated significant disregard for some important conventions of society and I won't be inviting her over for Christmas. She's probably not expecting an invitation, so it works out.

• Love 2

Can't throw a rock without hitting someone who's been arrested or taken in now a days. It says more about the system than it does the people being arrested in some instances, I think.  Quick hide the kids that crazy Al is coming over.. The one with the arrest for unpaid parking tickets and the one for doing 75 in a 65mph zone not to mention aunt Alice may just have a couple of Xanax's in her purse that belong to grandma can't believe she beat that jaywalking rap. When will they learn the error of their ways?

Scrapes with the law (especially one's with questionable/minimal sources of information) is one thing, chronic criminal activity and behavior, I feel is a whole different animal. I choose not to be so condemning when dealing with this sort of "info". But tomato, to-mah-to- potato, po-tah-to.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Can't throw a rock without hitting someone who's been arrested or taken in now a days. It says more about the system than it does the people being arrested in some instances, I think.  Quick hide the kids that crazy Al is coming over.. The one with the arrest for unpaid parking tickets and the one for doing 75 in a 65mph zone not to mention aunt Alice may just have a couple of Xanax's in her purse that belong to grandma can't believe she beat that jaywalking rap. When will they learn the error of their ways?

Scrapes with the law (especially one's with questionable/minimal sources of information) is one thing, chronic criminal activity and behavior, I feel is a whole different animal. I choose not to be narrow minded and condemning when dealing with this sort of "info". But tomato, to-mah-to- potato, po-tah-to.

As I said, we've apparently had very different life experiences. My work has brought me into contact with enough people with multiple arrests that, to me, it's a significant factor in my assessment of people. It's possible that makes me narrow minded and condemning; it's also possible it makes me smart. It all depends on your point of view. Regardless, it's been obvious for several exchanges now that our opinions differ and will continue to do so. So, I agree it's tomato, to-mah-to- potato, po-tah-to and think we should just leave it at that.

• Love 1

Her BRF or RBF if you prefer has always looked to me to be a face of a rough life. I now wonder if the stew life might have been a choice to get away and change that life. I wonder what her story is.

I don't think the resting bitch face is genetic.  In her earlier pictures she looks happy, beautiful and fresh looking - like Jessica Simpson when she was young. Only less ditzy.  Kate is a lot of things but I don't think she's a ditz.

It's possible that whatever put that permanent scowl on her face was always lurking under the surface waiting for age and gravity to do it's number. But I think she's had some disappointments and made decisions in her adult life have made her a little...brittle looking. 

Andy should introduce Kate to Lisa Vanderpump.  Start a boutique hotel w/ restaurant.  I think Kate was probably similar in temperament to some of the VP Rules 'kids' when she was their age.  She could whip them into shape because she knows all their tricks. And Kate has said she wants to get out of the yachting biz.  Which hopefully means she won't be back next season.

• Love 1

Well, just to clarify the multiple arrests.  The first mug shot was from the Palm County arrest for possession of three xanax without a prescription and DUI Alcohol or Drugs - 1st offense.  The second is for an out of county warrant booking and the third is for when she was brought to the county where the warrant was executed.  The second and third are really one because of the transfer.  This hardly makes her a career criminal that deserves condemnation for life.  

Was she found guilty of a crime?  We don't know.  And an arrest is very different from actually being charged and then found guilty of a crime.  And there's a difference between being found guilty of a misdemeanor and a felony.   Bottom line for me is that good people screw up (I don't know if Kate is a good person but I have no evidence to suggest that she's a bad person or a reckless person) and sometimes do stupid things.  A person speeding can just as easily cause an accident as someone who is legally under the influence.   Or a person texting.  Or a person talking on the phone.  Or a person who cuts another person off.  Or the person who goes through the red light.  It's all bad and it's all decisions purposely made by that driver.   Millions of people do all of the above every day.  And for some reason the 'DUI' is so much more condemnable  (I made that word up) than all the other things.  None of it is 'ok'.  And just to add, I'm the driver who doesn't drink or drive, excessively speed, text or talk on the phone and would rather get there a few minutes later rather than be the person who cuts or rides on someone's tail.

As for Kate's story, she did graduate from college.  Did she become a stew because of a lack of job opportunity?  Maybe.  Or she could have become a stew because she likes the money and being able to be on the water and go to different places.  Maybe it was to meet a rich guy.  Who knows.  I do know a number of young people who 'love' the water and being out there.  And they've chosen the lifestyle while they can.  Oh, and if you're out on the water for a significant amount of time, it fries your hair and skin if you're fair.  

• Love 2