Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

There is a lot of pressure on women not to be "bitches." 

I personally don't care either way... but I don't see it as such a big deal if Chelsea actually does act like a bitch sometimes... particularly with strangers.  

Lots of "real" celebrities dislike being approached by fans/strangers... even those who choose to make their living by being in Hollywood movies.  I think the topic of what celebrities "owe" their fans is a topic that is up for debate... lots of different perspectives on that. 

The rudest celeb I ever met was Brian Austin Green (David Silver on 90210).  Being in Texas we don’t run into them but this was a fan signing at Texas Frightmare a few yrs ago. He was literally there to meet fans. I was excited to meet him but not fan girling. Talking normal because I’m an introvert so it’s hard to have conversations and I stumble all over my words. He wasn’t nice. I was so disappointed.  He’s the only one that’s been that way out of those I have met/seen. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mkay said:

The rudest celeb I ever met was Brian Austin Green (David Silver on 90210).  Being in Texas we don’t run into them but this was a fan signing at Texas Frightmare a few yrs ago. He was literally there to meet fans. I was excited to meet him but not fan girling. Talking normal because I’m an introvert so it’s hard to have conversations and I stumble all over my words. He wasn’t nice. I was so disappointed.  He’s the only one that’s been that way out of those I have met/seen. 

So you weren't so precious to him?

Sorry had to!

I am not surprised Chelsea acted too cool for the fans, she doesn't seem to be a particularly friendly gal.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Nooooo!! That super bums me out to hear, because I will always have the secret hots for David Silver. He’s so precious to meeeee *snort* Sorry, I couldn’t resist! And just as a side note, the nicest celebrity meetings I can recall off the top of my were definitely a tie between Rob Zombie and his wife Sherri, Nicholas Cage, and Sandra Bullock. 

Edited by Enya Face
I meant secret hots, not hits... but hits was hilarious too
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Sorry had to!

I am not surprised Chelsea acted too cool for the fans, she doesn't seem to be a particularly friendly gal.

Oh gosh. Now I’m singing it in my head. 😆😆😆

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Sorry had to!

I agree. Chelsea gets snotty and snippy with her own family. She definitely doesn't strike me as someone who would be nice to random strangers 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

That’s a really good point. There are lots of celebrities who straight up refuse to take picture with or for fans too. I can’t remember who but I remember one saying it was like being a puppet or a walking show.

Maybe this is common knowledge because it’s been around for awhile but did everyone know that Randy had his own closed Facebook group? 

IMO he’s basically the thirstiest one that’s not an actual cast member, right up there near Debz OG in that regard.

CBC48FE3-53F1-471D-B262-453FA3061764.jpeg

I get having one for dentistry but he just has to throw TM in there. I haven’t joined and won’t but I’m willing to bet it’s mostly about TM. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.  

Noooo.  I can't even deal with his level of fame whorishness.  He seems to enjoy hearing how great his daughter and SIL are and is probably eating it right up. 

12 hours ago, akr said:

Meanwhile, somebody else excitedly posted pictures she took with Chelsea and Cole at what looked like a Target or something, having just run into them while shopping. Everybody seemed very happy.  Maybe the other person just caught her on an off day or was rude in the way they went about asking.  

Like I posted before, she was very polite in her approach and felt bad about asking.  That's exactly why she didn't say anything after Chelsea quipped it's annoying, she didn't want to be rude. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Enya Face said:

Lol, we’d get along swimmingly. One of my friends is the most anxious, socially awkward and seemingly bitchy (on the outside/first impression that is)people I know, but she’s really just... not good around strangers. She once told me the first time we met it was my prattling on about who knows what that made her somehow feel less awkward. We’ve been friends for 15 years now. 

Edit: I just realized saying that she’s “not good around strangers” makes her sound like my dog not my human friend. Lol. I’m also awkward, obviously! Haha

Some years ago my group of friends wanted to bring in one of their new friends to our group. We went out to dinner and I thought I was really nice to this girl - tried to actually talk to her but somehow I apparently came off as a huge bitch! And how we (me and my friends) came to find out that she didn't like me was kinda funny - we were doing a group chat, this girl was getting married (friends were in her wedding even though they were pretty new friends to her) and we were planning another girls night out so we were going to be nice and sort of let her decide where she wanted to go as a little mini bachelorette party.  She did not realize that I was in the group text and said she didn't want me to go since it was 'her party'.  When it really wasn't her party, we were just going to celebrate her upcoming wedding because we're nice like that.  I still think we did our girls night, but I was not so open to her after that and she got really weird and my friends ended up not being in her wedding for other reasons. It was so bizarre that we still laugh about it to this day. 

12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I mean...they don't "owe" them anything...but at what point is it in your best business interests to be nice? There's definitely a line somewhere. 

I'm not sure if anyone in here knows Jeff Lewis from Flipping Out on Bravo - he comes off as a real asshole on his show but now he has a talk show on Sirus.  He has repeatedly said he will ALWAYS take a photo with a fan and it's his duty because his fans are the reason he had a show for so many years.  He thinks it's horrible when celebrities are rude to fans and they need to be thankful for them. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Maybe this is common knowledge because it’s been around for awhile but did everyone know that Randy had his own closed Facebook group? 

I get having one for dentistry but he just has to throw TM in there. I haven’t joined and won’t but I’m willing to bet it’s mostly about TM. Whatever floats his boat, I guess.  

I'm part of this group. When it was first started, there were a handful of TM2 questions. Now it's almost exclusively Dentistry questions.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

There is a lot of pressure on women not to be "bitches." 

I personally don't care either way... but I don't see it as such a big deal if Chelsea actually does act like a bitch sometimes... particularly with strangers.  

Lots of "real" celebrities dislike being approached by fans/strangers... even those who choose to make their living by being in Hollywood movies.  I think the topic of what celebrities "owe" their fans is a topic that is up for debate... lots of different perspectives on that. 

All this is very true.  And there's something else that people seem to overlook in these situations, and that's the circumstances of the meeting.  If she's with Cole and her kids, she may be very accomodating because Cole has signed on for the ride, so to speak; he knows he's going to be interrupted and exhibited in public.  Chelsea's friends didn't.  So while it may come off as her being bitchy or standoffish, it could come down to her protecting the privacy of her friends who didn't sign on for reality television.  

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I'm part of this group. When it was first started, there were a handful of TM2 questions. Now it's almost exclusively Dentistry questions.

Good, I’m so glad to hear that!

17 minutes ago, Lemur said:

All this is very true.  And there's something else that people seem to overlook in these situations, and that's the circumstances of the meeting.  If she's with Cole and her kids, she may be very accomodating because Cole has signed on for the ride, so to speak; he knows he's going to be interrupted and exhibited in public.  Chelsea's friends didn't.  So while it may come off as her being bitchy or standoffish, it could come down to her protecting the privacy of her friends who didn't sign on for reality television.  

That’s a really good point.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
On 6/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, heatherchandler said:

Sorry had to!

YES!!! *cackling*

I will have “Precious” playing in my mind forever.  Even though Steve had put it in his trunk months ago.

oh shit, on topic..Chelsea... yeah! She’s something else!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, monicageller said:

I have no idea who this person is, btw 😅

I don't either, but my guess is she was nice to her.  LOL!

Edited by NannyBails
trying to be funny
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, monicageller said:

I have no idea who this person is, btw 😅

She was on Abby’s Ultimate Dance Contest and parlayed that into a few seasons on Dance Moms. She always wore these huge bows, which was pretty in line with her age at the time. Then she (inexplicably, to me, anyway...her talent is fairly mediocre) blew up huge on YouTube and social media, got a deal with Nickelodeon and is now a singer and 15/16 but stuck dressing like she’s 5-11, which is her fan base’s ages. Wearing those tight ponytails and bows has made her hairline noticeable different over the years. But she shills more merch than anyone (seriously, every product you can think of she has a version of, all bright and sparkly and things like that) especially bows, and has made millions. She’s also a good role model for girls Aubree’s age because she’s wholesome and super positive. She’s also shrill and annoying (watch 2 minutes of a YT video 😯) to my adult ears but tweens LOVE her. She’s huge with that crowd and apparently Aubree is a big fan so that must’ve been exciting. I wonder if the TM connection helped her to get to meet Jojo? 

I know all this because I watched Dance Moms back in the day (maybe even more shameful to admit than to watching TM) and my friends’ daughters are very into her now.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

She was on Abby’s Ultimate Dance Contest and parlayed that into a few seasons on Dance Moms. She always wore these huge bows, which was pretty in line with her age at the time. Then she (inexplicably, to me, anyway...her talent is fairly mediocre) blew up huge on YouTube and social media, got a deal with Nickelodeon and is now a singer and 15/16 but stuck dressing like she’s 5-11, which is her fan base’s ages. Wearing those tight ponytails and bows has made her hairline noticeable different over the years. But she shills more merch than anyone (seriously, every product you can think of she has a version of, all bright and sparkly and things like that) especially bows, and has made millions. She’s also a good role model for girls Aubree’s age because she’s wholesome and super positive. She’s also shrill and annoying (watch 2 minutes of a YT video 😯) to my adult ears but tweens LOVE her. She’s huge with that crowd and apparently Aubree is a big fan so that must’ve been exciting. I wonder if the TM connection helped her to get to meet Jojo? 

I know all this because I watched Dance Moms back in the day (maybe even more shameful to admit than to watching TM) and my friends’ daughters are very into her now.

Some of them have a meet and greet package. I didn’t watch when Jojo was on because my favorite was Chloe.  Daughter and I met her in Dallas a few yrs back for a meet and greet. First we were in the ladies room and Chloe and her mom were in there. I told my daughter quietly we weren’t going to bother them in this setting because it would be inappropriate.  When we came out of the stall to wash our hands Chloe and Christi approached us and talked to my little girl.  They were so sweet and remembered her when we went into the meet and greet room.  Once Chloe left we stopped watching Dance Moms. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Kim K did a video of North West with JoJo Siwa, and I'm surprised that poor child didn't go deaf with the way JoJo was shrieking in her face. It's like that girl doesn't have an "indoor voice." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I totally watch dance moms too! Did you watch the new group premiere the other night? Yeah, dance moms is even more embarrassing to admit than teen mom. 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Some of them have a meet and greet package. I didn’t watch when Jojo was on because my favorite was Chloe.  Daughter and I met her in Dallas a few yrs back for a meet and greet. First we were in the ladies room and Chloe and her mom were in there. I told my daughter quietly we weren’t going to bother them in this setting because it would be inappropriate.  When we came out of the stall to wash our hands Chloe and Christi approached us and talked to my little girl.  They were so sweet and remembered her when we went into the meet and greet room.  Once Chloe left we stopped watching Dance Moms. 

Yeah, they’ve always seemed really sweet. That’s why it was insane to me Abby thought so badly of Chloe. Christi and Chloe were my favorites from the show, too. Chloe is kind of a social media star now and seems to be doing great. Christi just posted a pic of herself with all the other “original moms” (and Jill) the other day so they’re all friends still/again.

43 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I totally watch dance moms too! Did you watch the new group premiere the other night? Yeah, dance moms is even more embarrassing to admit than teen mom. 😜

Nope. I really dislike Abby and only watched because I “got attached” to some of the rest of the cast. Now that none of them are involved with show, I’m freeeeeee.

• Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Yeah, they’ve always seemed really sweet. That’s why it was insane to me Abby thought so badly of Chloe. Christi and Chloe were my favorites from the show, too. Chloe is kind of a social media star now and seems to be doing great. Christi just posted a pic of herself with all the other “original moms” (and Jill) the other day so they’re all friends still/again.

Nope. I really dislike Abby and only watched because I “got attached” to some of the rest of the cast. Now that none of them are involved with show, I’m freeeeeee.

Yep, Abby's nothing if not unlikable! Chloe was my favorite too. 😃 She got into a really good college! Can't remember which one off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure an ivy league!

ETA: not an ivy...Pepperdine! Still a good school. Jazz is the one who got into Harvard! But I'm so proud of Chloe. She will love it there!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6

That’s awesome!  Chelsea pulls her celeb card when it benefits her.  As for Cole?  Ya, no.  Please stop trying to be such a try hard.  OMG I LOVE JOJO!!!  No.  No you don’t Cole.  So be like a real life dad and take pics of your kid and let it gooooo!  My good lort WE GET IT YOU ARE THE BESTEST!!!!!!  

Why couldn’t Chelsea have a mom and daughter night?  Why does Cole have to be there?

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

That’s awesome!  Chelsea pulls her celeb card when it benefits her.  As for Cole?  Ya, no.  Please stop trying to be such a try hard.  OMG I LOVE JOJO!!!  No.  No you don’t Cole.  So be like a real life dad and take pics of your kid and let it gooooo!  My good lort WE GET IT YOU ARE THE BESTEST!!!!!!  

Why couldn’t Chelsea have a mom and daughter night?  Why does Cole have to be there?

Chelsea is the friend who would get a boyfriend, and then you'd never have a girl's night again! There's nothing more annoying than wanting to have a heart to heart with your friend, like telling them sensitive information and gettinc advice, and then finding out their boyfriend will of course be there, because she can't function without him. I mean...sometimes you just want alone time with your friend lol!

ETA: my dad went with us to see hanson and the Backstreet Boys, so it's cool that Cole wanted to go! I just think Chelsea is the kind of girl to constantly need him wherever she goes, and I doubt Aubree had much of an adjustment period at first to get used to it. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I think Aubree really loves Cole and maybe wanted him to come. With the two little ones Aubree probably enjoyed having both of their attention for once. 

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Chelsea is the friend who would get a boyfriend, and then you'd never have a girl's night again! There's nothing more annoying than wanting to have a heart to heart with your friend, like telling them sensitive information and gettinc advice, and then finding out their boyfriend will of course be there, because she can't function without him. I mean...sometimes you just want alone time with your friend lol!

ETA: my dad went with us to see hanson and the Backstreet Boys, so it's cool that Cole wanted to go! I just think Chelsea is the kind of girl to constantly need him wherever she goes, and I doubt Aubree had much of an adjustment period at first to get used to it. 

I’m thankful NONE of my friends have been like this, but I know the dynamic you’re talking about. I wonder if women like that want to keep eyes on their man because they are insecure that he will stray, or that they don’t want to give him the chance to be emotionally close to someone else (even family members). 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Even though she lies and said she waited to introduce Cole to Aubree 🤣.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Even though she lies and said she waited to introduce Cole to Aubree 🤣.

Right?! Didn't somebody here have proof that she just waited a day or something? Like Cole's family threw them a party the weekend after they met? That's not weird at all...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Right?! Didn't somebody here have proof that she just waited a day or something? Like Cole's family threw them a party the weekend after they met? That's not weird at all...

Never heard of that on here or anywhere else.

• Love 10

No one has to post receipts of any kind for discussion in this thread. And let's move on from the "Is Chelsea nice to her fans?" discussion. She might be! Or, conversely, she might not be! But the topic has reached its expiration date. 

(edited)

I never thought I’d be into any of the crap these women shill but this jumpsuit is damn cute! That company made a great move in teaming up with Chelsea because there are many comments about various items being sold out. I wonder how much she is getting paid to be their spokesperson? 

Edited by Rebecca
Grammar wasn’t well
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I never thought I’d be into any of the crap these women shill but this jumpsuit is damn cute! That company made a great idea to team up with Chelsea because there are many comments about various items being sold out. I wonder how much she is getting paid to be their spokesperson? 

Her hair looks so much better like this!

• Love 16

She looks great! It's nice to see at least some of these women realize they can dress as an adult and still look great, better really. 

In the recent photo of the OG girls, Amber and Cheyenne both look nice, although Amber almost ruined her look with pantyhose(?). Maci is a prime example of a tiny woman continuing to wear junior styles because that's what fits; she needs some fashion growth. And Caitlyn just needs to care what she looks like, she could do better.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a27891859/teen-mom-og-10-year-anniversary-news-date-cast-spoilers/

• Love 6
On 6/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, geauxaway said:

I find Chelsea and Cole increasingly annoying by the minute. Phony.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I love her hair too! She's wearing it now, instead of it wearing her. Also, the jumpsuit looks amazing on her, and age appropriate. I know some people disagree with me that her clothing is juvenile, but let's just agree to disagree and not argue about it again. She looks soooo good here! Reminds me of what not to wear, when Stacy and Clinton would point out that the contributors could still wear clothes that showed their personality in age appropriate ways (like instead of wearing printed tees and ripped jeans to look sort of edgy, wear a black jumper with zippers and some detailing). Plus, she could dress it up or down, and she looks both young, and like a mother of three at the same time. Very flattering and well done!

I think Laurie belle's is smart to get photos of her professionally done (or Chelsea, whichever one is taking the photos). The overall presentation is professional and pretty, unlike these girls who shill crap with grainy pictures from their living room, that they put no effort into whatsoever!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3

i've never much seen Chelsea in much of her family (I guess we don't totally know what she looks like under the makeup), but I totally see it in this guy! That's definitely her nose and mouth, and I bet when he was thinner, they had a similar face shape all around. I've always thought all three of her sisters looked just like Mary, and Chelsea was just kind of out there. Now I think she looks like grandpa houska!

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Grandpa Houska looks like an 80 year-old version of Watson. I know most people think the younger two kids look exactly like Cole, but I think they favor Chelsea's side.

Completely agree. I think Watson looks like grandpa houska, and Layne looks like emily, and Chelsea's other sisters. Aubree looks like adam, with a little bit of Mary mixed in. Mary and Adam having a love child makes me laugh, but that's exactly what she looks like!

• Love 2
On 6/6/2019 at 9:04 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Are you a dentist? If not, do you still hang around that group bc if so, that’s kind of funny.

9 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Are you a dentist? If not, do you still hang around that group bc if so, that’s kind of funny.

I'm not! Honestly, the questions don't pop up on my timeline very often. Randy did answer a question I asked early on about molars in little kids (which was cool!). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

A picture of her looking at her phone? Why?

Perhaps they will also sell you the cellphone case & the coordinating pillow in the background. If not, I think it's still the notion that the various black and white patterned items in the photo complement the jumpsuit, and that the photographer didn't want just a smile for the camera pic, but something that looked a bit more "natural." What's more natural than to be looking at your phone these days? 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

A picture of her looking at her phone? Why?

She’s modeling clothes for a store. It was a Snapchat video and she was talking about the outfits. This is just my screenshot of her hair. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8
(edited)
41 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I got that. I just don't understand this photo.

I couldn’t capture the video.   So it’s my screenshot of a video. I was just trying to get a good shot of her hair.  

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 5