Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

I had to look to see what a $170 backpack diaper bag looked like. It’s cute, but really nothing special, imo. And it’s not leather, it’s “vegan leather” a marketing name for some synthetic poly- material. We used to call it “pleather” for plastic leather.

I don’t blame Chelsea and Cole for taking advantage of opportunities, but I agree they should think about their fan base and market towards them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I got an even better laugh at some of her die hard fans.  Telling those that said they can't afford it: "Well, I'm a single mom.  I researched the product so I knew ahead of time what the cost would be and I set aside money each paycheck so I can buy it when it came out.  Don't mess with Chelsea, she's a hard worker".  It was all ridiculous, but that last sentence made me snort out loud.  

It really is mind boggling the level of hero worship fans have, not just for Chelsea, but for celebrities in general. If I'm going to put money aside for something, it's going to be a vacation or spa day or something that benefits me. I'm not scrimping and saving to keep dimwits like Chelsea and Cole in flannel and Carhartt hats. To each their own though, right?

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

This.  You hit the nail on the head.  I'm shocked she hasn't launched her own "Mama Bear" plaid hoodies and winter hats. For year round of course.  

I got an even better laugh at some of her die hard fans.  Telling those that said they can't afford it: "Well, I'm a single mom.  I researched the product so I knew ahead of time what the cost would be and I set aside money each paycheck so I can buy it when it came out.  Don't mess with Chelsea, she's a hard worker".  It was all ridiculous, but that last sentence made me snort out loud.  

Let’s unpack this.  A single mom of an infant’s priority with her money is putting it up for a C&C baby bag?  Oh hell no!  Girl, put that money up for a Coach bag for yourself if you are wanting to splurge on something!  FFS.  How many years use will you get out that baby bag?  IDK, I guess that question is negotiable depending on how many babies you intend to have.  Maybe it is a good investment for some.

Either way, Chelsea found her target market alright.  A bunch of suckers.  These girls should have just waited 6 months and hit up TJ Maxx.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

This.  You hit the nail on the head.  I'm shocked she hasn't launched her own "Mama Bear" plaid hoodies and winter hats. For year round of course.  

Hahahaha I would have LOL'd too!!! I'm not trying to insult Chelsea...I'm really not...but she seems pretty insular, and would probably not have a positive reaction to most of her die-hard "fans" if she met them in person. I can't imagine her meeting a fan who is an obese single mom 3x3 who works as a cashier at Walmart and being like, "yeah, let's be best friends!!!" But I really think these women see themselves as BFF's with her, and defend her like she's their beloved sister! There's probably a stray fan here and there, like a hot twenty-year-old hairdresser with an adorable baby girl that she would click with, but it's not like she's some completely magnanimous person who would associate with those "beneath" her. That probably applies to most celebrities, though. It's just the way Chelsea's fans worship her that is different in the teen mom world. With the others, people might say, "I actually like Kail, because xyz, but she's annoying." With Chelsea, it's like, "shut up leave her alone she is a gud grl not got no negative or mean bones in her body so excuse me but if you don't got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all. Me n my daughter knows hard times like Chelsea n we r waiting for r Cole! She's a hard worker she went 2 collage did u do that? N with a daughter 2 boot. Se waited forever but finally got her Prince Charming she deserves everything she has worked so hard 4 in this life happiness health n she is so pretty. I will spend every hard earned dollar on her cause I'd rather support her then sum CEO n their yat somewhere. N who cares if her daddy has money? I bet u would of used as much if ur dad had $$. My dad came into a $100 scratch off one time n gived it to me n my daughter just like Randy. H8rs r so jealous!!! Guess they want a man like David. Sad." Whereas if Chelsea met her defender, she'd be like, "meh," at best. Just don't get blindly supporting a stranger like that, especially financially!

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahaha I would have LOL'd too!!! I'm not trying to insult Chelsea...I'm really not...but With Chelsea, it's like, "shut up leave her alone she is a gud grl not got no negative or mean bones in her body so excuse me but if you don't got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all. Me n my daughter knows hard times like Chelsea n we r waiting for r Cole! She's a hard worker she went 2 collage did u do that? N with a daughter 2 boot. Se waited forever but finally got her Prince Charming she deserves everything she has worked so hard 4 in this life happiness health n she is so pretty. I will spend every hard earned dollar on her cause I'd rather support her then sum CEO n their yat somewhere. N who cares if her daddy has money? I bet u would of used as much if ur dad had $$. My dad came into a $100 scratch off one time n gived it to me n my daughter just like Randy. H8rs r so jealous!!! Guess they want a man like David. Sad." Whereas if Chelsea met her defender, she'd be like, "meh," at best. Just don't get blindly supporting a stranger like that, especially financially!

It would go nothing like that.  Please.  You're too kind assuming they'd use punctuation.  😉

But, this made me laugh.  Thanks for that!

• LOL 7

Ok this made me laugh. Perfect for matching couple outfits? "Yeah, honey. Go ahead and put $70 on the Visa card so we can have matching t-shirts of your favorite teen mom!" How many people are realistically going to buy this? Maaaaybe if your initials were C and C too? But still, the shirt is unremarkable, and expensive. 

IMG_0694.PNG

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It really is mind boggling the level of hero worship fans have, not just for Chelsea, but for celebrities in general. If I'm going to put money aside for something, it's going to be a vacation or spa day or something that benefits me. I'm not scrimping and saving to keep dimwits like Chelsea and Cole in flannel and Carhartt hats. To each their own though, right?

Heck, I’m just trying to save for a divorce. Real life.  That mess isn’t cheap.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I can't really understand saving up for a luxury item that's not even a luxury item, especially as a financially struggling single parent. It's not like a C&C diaper bag is an heirloom piece that will last through 2 or 3 kids and be a valued vintage item in 20 years. It's a pleather bag in a trendy (at best) design. I would assume that there are many cuter/better made/etc. diaper bags on the market.

With that being said, I can understand why C&C signed on since it seems that the venture requires almost nothing of them. I guess I'm more mystified about why the company sought them out. Maybe they got rejected by all the A, B, and C list celebrities they approached and C&C were the first to bite.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Mkay said:

Heck, I’m just trying to save for a divorce. Real life.  That mess isn’t cheap.  

So you’re not in the market for the couples t-shirt?  FFS.  This chick is SO out of touch with reality!!!!  Can y’all imagine when she was still chasing after Adam if one of her friends showed up in couples T’s???   Daaaaaaad!!!!!

P.S.  I just got a Cricut, I can make y’all couples T’s for way cheaper than $70.  Just saying.  And I’m guessing in Chelsea’s neck of the woods, they can do the same.

P.S.S.  Someone show me a pic of Cole wearing that dumb ass shirt in public, like for real in public.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, geauxaway said:

So you’re not in the market for the couples t-shirt?  FFS.  This chick is SO out of touch with reality!!!!  Can y’all imagine when she was still chasing after Adam if one of her friends showed up in couples T’s???   Daaaaaaad!!!!!

P.S.  I just got a Cricut, I can make y’all couples T’s for way cheaper than $70.  Just saying.  And I’m guessing in Chelsea’s neck of the woods, they can do the same.

P.S.S.  Someone show me a pic of Cole wearing that dumb ass shirt in public, like for real in public.  

She would have flipped! And not even couples tees, but tees with the initials of ANOTHER COUPLE?! Can you imagine anyone being so far up Chelsea's ass that they would pay $70 for two of these, or any boyfriend who would agree to wear it? "What's this, honey?" "Oh nothing, Mom. Just my girlfriend's favorite couple on a trashy reality show. We had to support them, because they are hashtag goals." The only people I can imagine being so into Chelsea that they would buy this are single moms desperately using her life story to give themselves hope that a hot, college educated man will show up and take on their child like his own...and they wouldn't need couples shirts. At least not now!

two years down the road...

Woman:  "happy six months, babyyyyy!"

Man (looking at the shirt): "C and C? Those aren't our initials. What's that?"

woman: "oh, it's Chelsea and Cole! They're this super inspirational couple on teen mom. Yeah, I watch that show. Yeah, it's still on the air. Anyway, when they came out with this shirt two years ago, I bought two of them in hopes that I could wear them with my own coleyyy someday!!! Kind of like a good luck shirt. Now, I fiiiiiiiinally have somebody, just like Chelsea! We can wear them out in public together! I got my daughter a custom made shirt too that says Aubree. We can pretend we're them!"

man: "ohhhh...Kay. Ummmm I totally forgot...something came up at the office and I need to leave. Now. Call you later!"

(walks to his car)

man (under his breath): "damn. I should have listened to my friends when they said to stay away from single moms!"

disclaimer: no offense to single moms...only completely crazy single moms who vicariously live through Chelsea, and think they're her!

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, geauxaway said:

He wore the drama is for nerds shirt in public the other day.  A fan took a pic with them. 

Just now, Mkay said:

He wore the drama is for nerds shirt in public the other day.  A fan took a pic with them. 

• Love 3

Ok...

1. What happened to her chin? Apparently the bronzer missed it. 

2. Why are her fingers a different color? And a LIGHTER color? Did she rub her makeup in with her knuckles or something? You'd think it would be the other way around. 

3. Lower neck is a different color too. 

4. How is this hair lower maintenance than throwing it in a ponytail?

Sooooooo many questions here!

ETA: before anyone says I'm mom shaming, or makeup shaming, or says, "I'm a SAHM and she looks better than me!"...I just posted this because people always talk about her not matching her skin tone, but I never really see it (beyond thinking she looks like an alien next to her family). This picture just made it shockingly clear that her skin undertone is pink, and she's wearing yellow foundation! I finally see it now, in living color lol.

IMG_0824.PNG

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

How did I miss Chelsea's home getting burglarized?  That sucks, but here comes Cole with another opportunity to act like the big man.  "I've never been so pissed in my life!" Except that time when you had to pick up Aubree at the Linds.  Or that time when...

She wants to move now and Cole told her "whatever you want, we'll do".  As much money as they have, why don't they have a home security system?

DeBoer's home burglarized.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

How did I miss Chelsea's home getting burglarized?  That sucks, but here comes Cole with another opportunity to act like the big man.  "I've never been so pissed in my life!" Except that time when you had to pick up Aubree at the Linds.  Or that time when...

She wants to move now and Cole told her "whatever you want, we'll do".  As much money as they have, why don't they have a home security system?

DeBoer's home burglarized.

Not only can they afford a security system, but people who follow them on SM probably know in real time every time they leave the house to go to Target, and know all about their vacations weeks in advance. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Not only can they afford a security system, but people who follow them on SM probably know in real time every time they leave the house to go to Target, and know all about their vacations weeks in advance. 

I wonder if Pete the pig was in the house.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, druzy said:

I wonder if Pete the pig was in the house.

Yeah, they must have pet sitters when they go away, right? I wonder why the pet sitter didn't discover the robbery before they got home (unless the robbery happened shortly before they arrived).

• Love 2

Watson has the cutest smile.  For all of Chelsea's "I only want girlsssss…" her whole life, I think her tune has changed with that little guy.  He's adorable.  I can only see Randy when I see Layne.

I hope this is a lesson not just for them, but for all people in the public eye.  Quit posting on SM every time you leave the house.  Get a security system.  Take precautions.  Just this past weekend, she was posting a pic of her bag she sells while at Target.  Not smart!

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Watson has the cutest smile.  For all of Chelsea's "I only want girlsssss…" her whole life, I think her tune has changed with that little guy.  He's adorable.  I can only see Randy when I see Layne.

I hope this is a lesson not just for them, but for all people in the public eye.  Quit posting on SM every time you leave the house.  Get a security system.  Take precautions.  Just this past weekend, she was posting a pic of her bag she sells while at Target.  Not smart!

This!! I have girlfriends, GROWN WOMEN who  post their every single move on FB or Instagram Live. 

At the airport! Going to Jamaica! Be back on Thursday! Entire house is empty! Laters!

Why not leave the key in the door for the burglars?

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Between Watson's smile and Layne's chubby legs - that's a lot of cute.  Aubree is quite a pretty little lady too.

I like the way Aubrees outfits are always age appropriate, and Chelsea doesn't seen to plaster makeup on her either. Aubree wears pretty outfits that are entirely suited to her age and that's rare on this show.

• Love 16

I get that Chelsea makes money by posting her every move on public social media accounts, but I agree with others that she should have had a security system in place long before now.   And she may have had pet sitters, but they might have just visited her house rather than actually staying over night.   They might also not have walked through the house.    I know when I let my friend's dogs out while he's away, I only go into the kitchen.   So if he were broken into and there was no sign of it in the kitchen, I'd never know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Aubree looks adorable and please tell me Chelsea's sister did not name her baby "Kysen." It's like she just picked random syllables out of a bag and threw a name together. 

My first thought too.  Seems to be the baby name trend lately.  Just put shit together.  Similar names a few people I know have named their kid: Payson, Cayson.  I guess good ol' Jason is too old timey. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Braylee, Malea, and Kysen.

eeeeeek!

BTW, I checked out Emily's Facebook, and basically everything is public. I remember we were talking about Chelsea bragging, but holy crap, emily is quite the braggart too! She gives off a Leah vibe, as most of her bragging centers around baby daddy #3. "Braylee is playing video games with XYZ (can't remember his name). She loves him sooooo much!" "Malea specifically asked for XYZ this morning to help her reach the cereal. He is such a great father figure to them!" "XYZ took braylee to the father daughter dance, and my heart skipped a beat. The girls love him soooo much, and can't wait for him to be their brother's dad. And we can afford our own house now. I'm getting everything I wanted!"

Reminds me of Leah with the whole "my girls LOVE my boyfriend!" schtick, and it makes me think...who is she trying to convince, herself, her boyfriend, or us?

Maybe bragging is the Houska family way. Hey, if they find it classy, go for it! Just know people side eye it, especially coming from people who are so materially blessed.  I feel a lot less sorry for emily r/e Chelsea's bragging after looking at her page!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6

I don't get it. Kysen is sort of...and I mean SORT of...a cute name for a baby. It would be better for a pet, though. But can you imagine Kysen on a resume? Or as a 60-year-old man? Sometimes I think people forget that their babies will grow up!

• Love 6
On 4/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, Christina87 said:

Ok...

1. What happened to her chin? Apparently the bronzer missed it. 

2. Why are her fingers a different color? And a LIGHTER color? Did she rub her makeup in with her knuckles or something? You'd think it would be the other way around. 

3. Lower neck is a different color too. 

4. How is this hair lower maintenance than throwing it in a ponytail?

Sooooooo many questions here!

ETA: before anyone says I'm mom shaming, or makeup shaming, or says, "I'm a SAHM and she looks better than me!"...I just posted this because people always talk about her not matching her skin tone, but I never really see it (beyond thinking she looks like an alien next to her family). This picture just made it shockingly clear that her skin undertone is pink, and she's wearing yellow foundation! I finally see it now, in living color lol.

IMG_0824.PNG

I have never spray tanned but could it be her hands are like that because she washes them a lot more than the rest of her? Although why aren't the rest of her hands faded? 

Cue Cole coming around to talk about his "smoke show" wife.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I have never spray tanned but could it be her hands are like that because she washes them a lot more than the rest of her? Although why aren't the rest of her hands faded? 

Cue Cole coming around to talk about his "smoke show" wife.

You're absolutely right about Cole! Maybe it's good he didn't marry a girl more on his level. Can you imagine how he would be on social media if he had married a responsible college grad?

"my smoke show wife just managed to drive ten minutes to her job while pregnant, and under the stress of both a light drizzle, and discovering a hole in her coat sleeve! I'm so proud of you, honey. No pregnant woman should even have to drive, much less drive to a full-time job under duress!"

"My perfect wife just finished her first client's taxes of the day! She just has four more to go. I'll update you with each one, with a poem to accompany it each time. Idk how she does it."

"my brainiac wife wasn't scared to answer the phone when Scott from State Farm called today! She was even smart enough to choose an insurance plan for us, without even asking me! She is Einstein!"

"my pregnant wife just went to a doctor's appointment alone! I asked if she wanted me to come, and she said, 'no, save up your sick days so you can potentially use them when the baby comes.' What a huge sacrifice! How she got through that appointment alone is a miracle."

"my hottttt wife saw that we needed gas at 5:02, so she went out by herself after dark and got gas! Amazed by her. That meant she didn't get to see me until ten minutes after normal! How did she survive? Pampering her tonight to make up for it."

"My wife, who worked until 5:30 today, spent from 5:35-5:38 cleaning the clothes off the stairs. How did she do it? It's like having a housewife!!!"

although...maybe if he had married someone like that, his standards of what's impressive would be higher!

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 4/26/2019 at 10:01 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

My first thought too.  Seems to be the baby name trend lately.  Just put shit together.  Similar names a few people I know have named their kid: Payson, Cayson.  I guess good ol' Jason is too old timey. 

Unless you use it for a girl, and spell it Jeighsynn. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1