Type keyword(s) to search

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

SodaPop
  • Start Topic

Because we already have threads for Janelle and Kail, so  why the hell not? (Sorry for the lack of creative/funny thread title, I tried.. also I wanted to make one for Leah but had nothing for a thread title-thought maybe something to do with insurance since it seems to be her MO this season or maybe something to do with the Mary Kay makeup she's selling)!

Chelsea might be my favorite. Which is strange. Although if I'm being honest, I remember her original episode and when Adam send that text telling her to not put his name on the birth certificate because Aubrey was a mistake. That really happened. The fact that she took him back a few times soured my taste for her a bit but.. I do think she's a good mom and I like that she now makes a choice to not engage with Adam much. So, points to her.

• Love 2

One reason I think she's the most successful mom is that she just has the one child. The others hopped so quickly into serious relationships, marriages and new babies. Her restraint in this arena shows maturity.

• Love 4

I think Chelsea is the only mom on this show whose child hasn't been brought to tears by her incessant fighting, screaming and cussing. When Aubree has cried it's been more in the sense of a kid testing her mother's limits versus a kid who's traumatized or hurt (like Jace).

• Love 2

Beyond the baby voice and her tendency to wear far too much make-up for no reason I think Chelsea is doing the best for herself. She seems to really enjoy being a mom and has a solid family background to help her out. I also am figuring she's close with the rest of her family beyond just her mom and dad and we just don't see them onscreen. She also finally seems to have  realized her self worth and gotten the hell over Adumb....and not needed to jump on the next available dick. Good for her! Took her long enough to get to this level, but I think she'll lead a good life whether MTV chronicles her every move or not.

• Love 3

I went back and watched Chelsea's 16 & Pregnant episode recently and in retrospect, I really think Chelsea was suffering from depression from the time Adam started dissing his daughter to go work on his car, etc (essentially from when she was born) until about a couple of years or so ago (whenever she finally got her GED and started going to school). I thinks the obsession with being a family with Adam plus the depression really crippled her and she wasn't able to get much accomplished, but it's clear she has always adored Aubree. I'm so happy for her that she got her GED, finished "skin school," and has a career she loves. She's far from perfect, but particularly when compared to the other moms on the show, Chelsea has it together. I'm happy for her and proud of her. It may have taken her some time, but she's doing well for herself and Aubree.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

I read this today: http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/09/chelsea-houska-new-boyfriend/

I know there are rabid Chelsea fans out there.  (I'm not one of them.  I find her soooo annoying.)  Anyway, all I kept thinking was, "What's wrong with this seemingly educated guy that he is involved with Chelsea?"  What can they possibly have in common, or talk about?  Maybe he's rebounding from a serious relationship breakup. I dunno...(Shrugs)

• Love 1

Why wouldn't he become involved with Chelsea? She's a sweet person, attractive, a great mom, she has her license and is getting her career going, she doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body,she owns her own home and has a strong sense of family.

Sounds like a catch to me. I don't see the issue.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

I was just going to post that he might be the guy who coordinates all the traffic lights at intersections. It could also be the person who decides where a guardrail should be put, what intersection needs a stop sign or a traffic light. It might also be that person who has to monitor the flow of traffic on a freeway, highway or road. I know a lady - yes, a lady - who coordinates the lights at various intersections and roadways. She also goes out when the lights have gone out or the city needs to have them turned off for whatever reason. She is sure paid well and has some great benefits. She also had to have a college degree. I think the article mentioned Chelsea's guy friend is a college graduate.

Sometimes adults can overlook some annoyances of people and see better qualities about them. That is why they are adults.  Chelsea has a lot going on for herself. As much as that voice of hers grates, I'd rather see her boring scenes all day long because it means there is no drama going on in her life. I'd take that over watching what is happening to poor Jace. Now, that shit is annoying as fuck. Not to mention a poor child is being treated with so much emotional abuse by those around him.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

A baby voice wouldn't be a deal breaker for any decent man. A true decent man can see past that shit to see the beauty of the person on the inside.

A superficial man sure, but not a decent man.

Who gives a crap what his job is? At least he has one and seems to be paying his own way in life and earning a legal living for himself.

That's what I call a decent man.

Edited by Maharincess

I know it has nothing to do with TM2, but I love the name of their county in SD. Minnehaha. It's just fun to say.

I have a friend in Washington who lives near an area that has the same name and every time i see it i think "it would be so fun to live there so i could say the name all the time!!"  lol

• Love 1

I admire Chelsea most of all the teen moms.  She does a really great job with her daughter, and has gotten her life and priorities straightened around.  Yes, she made some in the past, but she was just a teen, having to make adult decisions before she was an adult.  While I don't think she's the sharpest knife in the drawer, she is the most genuine of the young moms.  Having gone through all she did with Adumb, she's in no hurry to have history repeat itself.  I am hopeful that she has really gotten over him, that it's just not the show's editing.  She is an adult with a child, but no clue as to what a real love relationship is like.  As far as a new man, I hope she finds someone who will treat her lovingly and with respect - she deserves it.  

• Love 1

Well. Apparently she is still sleeping with Adumb. Opinions vary on whether they're just using each other for sex of if Chelsea still has white picket fantasies about him. Either way, in my opinion, her judgement is still pretty suspect. But I will give you that she's the best Mom, however low that bar is.

• Love 6

I would say all the Adumb stuff aside, Chelsea is the best of the TM girls. She bought herself a house, has a real job (even if it did take forever for her to get her education), she seems to truly love Aubree and spending time with her, she has a good relationship with her family, and I think if MTV were to go away she'd probably fare the best without that extra attention. She also seems to have real friends, as opposed to the other girls whose friends seem sent straight from a casting agency.

• Love 7

Deja vu? I feel like I have read this before.

Unless anyone is with Chelsea 24/7, I don't know how anyone can make the claim she is hiding anything. Leah is the one who needs to come forward. Kail is still hiding her abusive ways from the cameras. Javi needs to come forward and spill all the shit he has on Kail as well as Germy. He is the one who posted on Twitter he was tired of covering up for his wife. What is he covering up?

What Chelsea is doing (having sex with that asshole Adam) is bad enough. Now that she has admitted it, I fail to see what it is she is hiding.  Leah doesn't admit the shit she is doing to Dr. Drew. Neither does Kail. Those two are nothing but bull-shitters, trying to put on a façade for the viewers and Dr. Drew. 

Is Chelsea dating guys and having sex with them? Probably.  Chelsea is not in a committed relationship. It is gross as fuck that she has sex with that STD time-bomb.  As the new season airs, I will snark at the hypocrisy as she gets mad at Adam for not heeding her warnings and threats about Aubree.  That is enough shit right there to scoff at.  I don't need to see Chelsea on dates with guys when the real problem is on the show - Adumb is her bed-warmer and she is playing an immature game of "He loves me, he loves me not" while putting herself at risk, all the while showing her daughter how it is alright to allow a douche, like Adam, to fuck with you in more ways than one.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

Allow me to add, even if Chelsea wasn't having sex with that bastard, he would still be an ass to her and he would still be careless when it comes to his child. He doesn't give two shits about following the law, the courts, and his probation terms so, why would he listen to Chelsea when she pleads with him to be careful with their flesh and blood?  Adumb is fucking tool, always will be.

• Love 4

Oh Jenell. Now she's all superior because she just lets all her heroin using, boyfriend swapping, hoodie beatdowns be shown for the entire world? Ha. Please. Yes, I get that the show is supposed to let people in on the struggles of a teen mom. But not all of them are complete degenerates like Jenelle. And I think at this point, a lot of us would rather see their triumphs. It's been how many years now? She should have her shit together by now. You got nothing to be proud of, nips-lover. 

• Love 8

I am convinced that if TM2 got canceled altogether Jenelle would be crying for a spin-off show like Maci was trying for. There's no way she'd go quietly into the night away from her minimal fame and a paycheck to basically do nothing but lay around, bitch and moan, and fight with either Nips or Barb. She has no intention of fading back into obscurity and living a "normal" life. She and Kail are incredibly thirsty for their notoriety. Chelsea I can see not being bothered either way, especially since the past couple seasons she's been trying to keep a lot of her life more private from the cameras.

• Love 5

That's so sad. Poor Darla. This is one of the main reasons I hesitate on getting a pet. I don't think I could take it if my dog passed away.

It is hard. I just lost my little buddy to kidney failure last month. It was one of the hardest choices I've had to make. I know it was the right one, but damn did it hurt. I still have all the happy memories, but my house (and my heart) feels so empty without my little guy and his quirkyness.

• Love 1