Type keyword(s) to search

Late Show In The Media

(edited)

It's Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She was on SNL, Seinfeld (which her Top 10 line vaguely referred to), The New Adventures of Old Christine, & now, Veep (& has won, or been nominated for, Emmys for most or all of those shows).

I've seen every  SNL, Seinfeld and Veep. I was typing fast and knew I messed up the spelling.

Edit to add--ok, maybe not every SNL. But definitely the other two.

Edited by GaryE

I've seen every  SNL, Seinfeld and Veep. I was typing fast and knew I messed up the spelling.

Edit to add--ok, maybe not every SNL. But definitely the other two.

Basically she just has two French last names.  Thus the spelling not like it sounds.

Even on her mother's side it's all French (her mother's maiden name is apparently the very French "LeFever").

(edited)

Why Letterman's people and stuff had to be gone so quickly: Colbert and his staff are ready to move in to their new digs....they're currently writing all day in a windowless room at CBS.

http://colbertlateshow.com/

They're also busy writing every day....with three months and five days to go.

Edited by nowandlater

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/david-letterman-youtube-videos-gone-121359402160.html

Okay Worldwide Pants..I need my Dave.....and that end montage again.....and to hear Paul and the band do 25 or 6 to 4....and..yeah..everything...oh man..this withdrawl sucks....

I tried Fallon..nope...I tried Kimmel..nope...I just may have to do reruns of sitcoms on Netflix or Hulu....

It's still there. Not officially, but if you type it in the search box, it's almost all right there. Thank goodness for great fans.

• Love 1

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/david-letterman-youtube-videos-gone-121359402160.html

Okay Worldwide Pants..I need my Dave.....and that end montage again.....and to hear Paul and the band do 25 or 6 to 4....and..yeah..everything...oh man..this withdrawl sucks....

I tried Fallon..nope...I tried Kimmel..nope...I just may have to do reruns of sitcoms on Netflix or Hulu....

I've also tried Kimmel, but I just can't...  Not a fan of Fallon.  At this point, I'm giving Larry Wilmore a shot, but what do I do at midnight?? 

I admit - I come here to check every day in hopes that someone has posted...something.  I can't let go.

In case you just want to read the Top 10 and not watch the whole video:

David Letterman's Top Ten Interesting Facts About Donald Trump

10. That thing on his head was the gopher from “Caddyshack.”

9. During sex, Donald Trump calls out his own name.

8. Donald Trump looks like the guy on the lifeboat with the women and children.

7. He wants to build a wall? How about building a wall around the thing on his head?

6. Trump walked away from a moderately successful television show for some delusional bull ... oh no wait, that’s me.

5. Donald Trump weighs 240 pounds — 250 with cologne.

4. Trump would like all Americans to know that thing on his head is free range.

3. If president, instead of pardoning a turkey on Thanksgiving, he plans to evict the family on Thanksgiving.

(tied with)

That’s not a hairdo, it's a wind advisory.

2. Donald Trump has pissed off so many Mexicans that he's starring in a movie called "No Amigos."

1. Thanks to Donald Trump, the Republican mascot is also an a--.

• Love 1

In case you just want to read the Top 10 and not watch the whole video:

David Letterman's Top Ten Interesting Facts About Donald Trump

10. That thing on his head was the gopher from “Caddyshack.”

9. During sex, Donald Trump calls out his own name.

8. Donald Trump looks like the guy on the lifeboat with the women and children.

7. He wants to build a wall? How about building a wall around the thing on his head?

6. Trump walked away from a moderately successful television show for some delusional bull ... oh no wait, that’s me.

5. Donald Trump weighs 240 pounds — 250 with cologne.

4. Trump would like all Americans to know that thing on his head is free range.

3. If president, instead of pardoning a turkey on Thanksgiving, he plans to evict the family on Thanksgiving.

(tied with)

That’s not a hairdo, it's a wind advisory.

2. Donald Trump has pissed off so many Mexicans that he's starring in a movie called "No Amigos."

1. Thanks to Donald Trump, the Republican mascot is also an a--.

Yep, that's about the size of it, & the truth. Thanks for posting these!

Final season got six nomination, including one for Outstanding Variety/Talk Series for the first time since 2009.

Full list:

Outstanding Variety Talk Series - 2015
    Late Show With David Letterman
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control For A Series - 2015

"Show 4214"
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.
    Timothy W. Kennedy, as Technical Director
    William J. White, as Senior Video Control
    Daniel Campbell, as Camera
    Al Cialino, as Camera
    John Curtin, as Camera
    Dan Flaherty, as Camera
    Karin Lucie Grzella, as Camera
    John Hannel, as Camera
    Steve Kaufman, as Camera
    George Rothweiler, as Camera
    Fred Shimizu, as Camera
    Jack W. Young, as Camera

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Variety Series Or Special - 2015

"Show 4214"
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.
    Kevin Rogers, as Production Mixer
    Harvey Goldberg, as OTHER
    Tom Herrmann, as OTHER
    Seth Mintz, as Re-Recording Mixer

Outstanding Picture Editing For Variety Programming - 2015

"Finale Montage (segment)"
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.
    Mark Spada, as Senior Editor
    Andrew Evangelista, as Editor

Outstanding Lighting Design | Lighting Direction For A Variety Series - 2015

"Show 4190"
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.
    Steven Brill, as Lighting Designer
    Timothy Stephenson, as Lighting Director

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Series - 2015

"Show 4214"
    CBS
    Worldwide Pants Inc.
    Jerry Foley, as Directed by

• Love 2

Dave's first post-Late Show gig will be as a correspondent for a National Geographic Channel documentary series on climate change. He'll apparently be going to India to do it, in January of next year (2016).

And in a somewhat related note, if you head over to The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson board, he's apparently headed to the History Channel.

• Love 3

Thrilled about the NatGeo news. I had feared that Dave would do what Johnny Carson did and become a bit of a recluse. Dave has a voice and a point of view that I think we need to hear, and I'm glad that we'll be hearing it, and hope this leads to some more specials like this. In my dreams I would love for him to seg into a PBS-type show, weekly or monthly, where he talks about an issue he cares about.

I never thought Colbert was going to "replace" Dave and I think he's fine. But Dave just called bullshit on so much fakery and nonsense in our society and nobody is doing that now. I miss that now more than ever. He would be having a field day with all the presidential candidates.

• Love 1

I kind of assumed he would be a hermit too because of how he and his guests have always spoken about him. But in all of the post-Late Show interviews that I've seen, he...kind of won't stop talking. It's great. He seems really free and fun again. I can't wait for this new mini-series.

• Love 1

Well, I asked Dave to do a 10-second tape for us [when I left]. Anything, just, “Leno who?” They said no, they didn’t want to do it. Well, why am I going to run all the way to New York? I mean, quid pro quo. I just said, “No, that’s kind of silly.”

Heh, one of the comments on that article asks which time?

• Love 2