Type keyword(s) to search

"The Colbert Report": Week of 9/15/14

Stephen done let slip his kilted slip with his FREEDOM chant. As someone who has been kilted himself from performing in a pipes and drums band, kilts come in real handy when you need to go to the urinal. Especially when you're totally freeballing. I'd imagine Stephen felt liberated.

As for David Cameron, it looks as if he done fucked up.

• Love 1

Isn't freeballing the expected mode when bekilted? I'd be horrified to learn I've been wrong about this.

It is. But some wuss out and put tighty whiteys on in order to feel a sense of security. I actually did this at the beginning, I was 24 at the time, until I decided to try and go commando just once. I never went back afterwards.

• Love 1

Why do you hate America, peeayebee? :)

I thought the kids were okay, which is weird because I'm soooo not a metalhead. Plus I like that they're African-American; metal tends to skew to the paler side of white.

• Love 4

For the record, this is Starhawk. And holy crap, I would not have recognized Stephen playing Prince Hawkcat. I know that Comic-Con is a big happening, but I gotta annoy people who attended about whether or not they saw Stephen's non-permit-having self in hero drag. And I was impressed by the cosplay going on with the others, particularly the new hip Ms. Marvel. Here's hoping Stephen bankrupts himself with another unknown property in time for New York Comic Con.

ETA: I gotta echo Victor the Crab . . . whatever happened to Tek Jansen of Alpha Squad 7? I liked the cartoons back in the day.

Thanks for the link to Starhawk. I was wondering why so many people were guessing that.

I assume this was the Comic-Con in San Diego. That was a while back. I'm surprised Stephen took so long to air this bit. I wonder if anyone recognized his voice. I think it's very distinct.

I loved how patient the ComiCon nerds were being listening to HawkCat go on and on. As if 'If I wait it out, I bet it gets awesome!' And then it didn't. Poor, patient people.

The highlight of the interview for me was Stephen's calling Mortenson 'Veeg.' Something so offhand about it was charming. (Ever since he did that movie with Fassbender, they've completely melded in my brain. I have a hard time telling them apart now. I'm sorry.)

I was hoping that Viggo would mention the other movie that he has coming out this fall, Jauna, which is a movie about a 19th-century Danish man who moves to Argentina with his family. (A perfect match for the man whose Danish father moved his family to Argentina!) And, it's in two languages, neither of which are English.

I assume this was the Comic-Con in San Diego. That was a while back. I'm surprised Stephen took so long to air this bit. I wonder if anyone recognized his voice. I think it's very distinct.

If I'd been an attendee, I would've assumed that it was just some guy who sounded a lot like Stephen mainly because who would expect him to be on the west coast? Now if he'd done that at New York Comic Con, I think he'd have been exposed. I go to NYCC every year and I've always half expected to bump into him or Jon on the show floor.

That was one of the best and funniest TCR episodes I've ever seen. From the ridiculous and puntastic 'Boots on the Ground' first segment to the delicious smackdown of Sean Hannity to the frankly brilliant Gilliam animation, I LOVED it! Well done, show.

• Love 1

Love the Hannity smack down, pun intended. Love the whole boots bit. The Gillian-esque animation was fantastic and hilarious. 

I'm interested in hearing more about The Zero Theorem. I also love Christoph Waltz. Strange clip they chose.

• Love 1

That was one of the best and funniest TCR episodes I've ever seen. From the ridiculous and puntastic 'Boots on the Ground' first segment to the delicious smackdown of Sean Hannity to the frankly brilliant Gilliam animation, I LOVED it! Well done, show.

Agreed. Stephen needs to take whoever wrote this episode with him to his next show.

• Love 1