Type keyword(s) to search

Hayley Marshall: Werewolf Princess

Mother of First-Ever Hybrid spawn! I actually like Hayley so much more than I used to. The only way I judge someone's morality on this show is whether they're trying to hurt/control Hayley or the baby, which makes me care about her by default. But I've also found her relationship with each of the Originals interesting so far.

This was mentioned in the latest episode thread but I thought I'd bring it here: it seems to me like Phoebe Tonkin is really struggling with her American accent. I would understand it happening right after the summer hiatus when presumably she went back home to see her people; however we're four episodes in, and it's still a problem. She's been playing American for at least three years already; on The Originals, The Vampire Diaries, and The Secret Circle. I know that a lot of international actors rely on the fact that they grew up watching American TV to be able to emulate an American accent by default, but if TPTB have any sense they need to hire an accent coach for her. Her speech is sounding really strange lately, almost like she's actively fighting with her natural accent at times and can't quite win.

With limited Claire Holt and the ever lacking Cami, Ive been trying to give the character of Hayley another chance- Needless to say it's not going well.

I'm not sure if it's a technique she uses to cover her accent but I can't stand how she speaks. It's as if she she keeps her tongue behind her top 2 front teeth. I go back and forth with if she's trying to be sexy or cute, either way it's distracting.