Type keyword(s) to search

Kailyn: Kail Smash!

SPLAIN
Message added by OtterMommy

Please remember that it is against Primetimer policy to publish home addresses, links to home addresses, or other personal information of anyone--on or off the screen.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Mkay said:

I know that everyone believes differently but for me personally, I think a person should wait until the divorce is final before sleeping with someone else.  In Texas you have to wait 3 months (I think) for the divorce to be final.  In Delaware you have to be separated for 6 months and take a parenting class together. She filed but then he assumed she stopped it, but she never did. They kept promising poor Isaac Javi would be back knowing (at least she knew) he would not.  Did anyone else arch Javi's tweet where he said at Christmas time she was asking him to come back.  Still flip flopping huh Kail?!

I'm not saying you shouldn't wait to sleep with someone else, but what if the cause of the divorce is that your significant other told you they'd fucked someone else already? Why deprive yourself, is the way I'd look at it. Once they tell you that, they're certain they don't want to sleep with you exclusively anymore (duh), and they're probably in a bit of a relationship themselves. Of course every situation is different, but sadly, if you're the one who gets the kids, you do have to be sensitive to what they perceive as far as your behavior goes. But that doesn't mean you should rend your clothes, sit among the ashes and wait to get laid again, in my book!

• Love 8
(edited)

I can believe Kailyn pulled one over on Javi and fucked with him. I can also believe they agreed to pull one over on MTV, since they both like the cameras and fancy themselves stars. I can also believe that Kailyn heartlessly screwed him over but he likes playing the innocent victim (and getting fans and money out of it) a bit too much. I can also believe it was a bit of all of those-- most likely. 

As for separation, every situation is very different. My husband got a divorce very young but the relationship had lasted less than a year to begin with and both of them began dating immediately upon separation with no hard feelings-- was just a youthful mistake, no kids, no assets, no custody battles, no major drama on either side. If you're going through a bitter divorce with children in the mix, you should be a lot more careful. And if someone cheated on you I say go for it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
(edited)

I worked with couples back when I worked in a law office who would file for divorce and then later they would reconcile. It is not unheard of. People want to work things out or one of the partners had to file in order to get the other partner to realize they mean business such as having to lay down the boundary about separating if there are issues such as drug or alcohol involved - get in rehab or I will leave you.

What we have here is Kail who filed for divorce. Likely when she had an argument with her lover or when she thought she needed Javi back in her life, she began to pull this "I want you back" shit. Knowing that Javi did want to save the marriage, she knew what buttons to push with him. She did the very same thing with Jo when she thought things with Jordan were not going her way. She threw out sex to Jo knowing he would go for it, but she expected more from him, something Jo wasn't willing to do. At least with Javi, Kail knew he would want his family back. She played this sick manipulative game with Javi and led her boys to think daddy was coming home one day and they were going to go to Disneyworld and all would be fine and dandy. Instead, she relied on her stand-by which is, don't say anything. Don't let the boys know what mommy is doing because mommy doesn't even know what she is doing. She doesn't know if Javi will return because mommy needs to see what the cards hold for her as far as her lover goes. Kail trying to pull Javi in by asking him to spend Xmas with her is downright nasty, skeevy, and low. She likely told him the boys would be sad if he didn't show up. Manipulation at its best.  All that would garner is the boys getting their hopes up high for their family to return to what it was when in reality it was just Kail testing the waters to see if Javi would return to her and raise Baby Starbuck as his. Kail trying to keep up the facade.

The thing with Kail is, she is very predictable. We know what will happen because all we have to do is look at her past.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Well, if she did, didn't she not cheat either? And then what were all those "should we get back together" "I don't know" conversations for if they both knew it was over? Did both of them agree to fake it for MTV or were they hoping it really worked out? 

I don't know. It's a mess. I'm so confused.

Going on vague memories of the episodes just before Javi deployed, the things he said in that interview when he got back, other insinuations and rumors from both sides, the discussions we have had here, and the sleuthing and fact finding the lovely members of this forum, I got a certain impression of the "cheating" and separation. Here is my best, if not most accurate guess, of how it went down:

-Javi and Kail get ready for his deployment. There is still a lot of hurt feelings on both sides but they seemed to be agreeable to waiting for him to come back from deployment to try to work things out. The attitude seemed to be that they weren't quite over.

-At some point either right before or not long after he deployed, Kail allegedly filed for divorce. Javi claims he was not aware that she had and maintained the impression that they were still "together" and were going to work things out.

-A few months into his deployment it became noticeable that Kail was vacationing with "friends" and posting a lot of intimate seeming pics online with her "friends", male and female. Javi starts hearing things from his friends and family back home, things that were being "blown under his nose".

-This is total assumption, but somewhere around this time I'm going to guess the fighting/breakdown of communication started. Kail may have told Javi about the paper she had filed behind his back in one of her tempers. Javi was pissed.

-Javi met and/or grew closer with his fellow Air man Nancy. I can believe it did start as friendship and may have grown into more, both sexually and emotionally. Most likely Javi went the hurt, immature route and didn't let Kail know that he was pursuing an emotional/sexual relationship with another girl since she was doing the same and she said there was no hope for them. Kail continued to pursue sexual/emotional relationships outside of her marriage. Neither side talked about adults about the situation.

That is my own little breakdown of "who cheated on whom when, where, & why?" scenario that is so confusing between Javi and Kail. Any and everyone, feel free to create me or add pertinent information that I missed. As I said, this is based on rumor, bias and assumptions, with maybe a few nuggets of straight up fact thrown in. IMHO, cheating or not aside, neither side handled the situation well or honestly. This might've gone a lot better if Kail stopped her manipulations and was honest, and if Javi let go of his pettiness and hurt feelings.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Yeah ... I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that.  I always wonder why other people are so pressed to say it, they invent reasons why it's not exactly what it is.  

Whenever I hear that argument, I'm always DYING for a non-black person to yell out the word while standing on 125th, then (try and) make that distinction explaining how it's not the same. LOL.  

Times a million. Someone tried this argument with our HR department once, they didn't buy it either. If you wouldn't say it with a black person present, you probably shouldn't say it without them. Go ahead, fellow majority members, say it in front of someone who's black, and make that argument. I doubt they're just going to wave it off with a smile and say "No, cool, don't worry about it!" without some serious side eye. 

I only say it alone when it's in a song I'm listening to, and even then I question myself! Damn you 2pac, I can't sing Strictly for My En Eye Gee Gee Aze! 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Yeah ... I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that.  I always wonder why other people are so pressed to say it, they invent reasons why it's not exactly what it is.  

Whenever I hear that argument, I'm always DYING for a non-black person to yell out the word while standing on 125th, then (try and) make that distinction explaining how it's not the same. LOL.  

Times a trillion.

• Love 9

You'd think a woman trying to break into the entertainment business would watch the kind of language she throws around. Having a permanent record of her using the "n" word, even if she meant it as slang, is not too bright.

• Love 14
(edited)
49 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

I saw a case on The First 48 where a white guy was shot for using that word. 

It was always considered a curse word growing up in my home.  Im old now, hehe, and I still won't say it. Kail has a lot of impressionable people watching and reading. She probably shouldn't either. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

they didn't edit out Kieffer (although he's apparently Jamaican and Irish, not African-American). 

TR Dues...I'm not sure if Leah didn't want him to be filmed or if TR Dues didn't wanna be on camera. He made his Twitter private, etc. but he did talk to RadarOnline here and there, so...it's unclear. 

Farrah had several black boyfriends...well, I don't know if you'd call them boyfriends. But on the very early seasons I remember her going on a date or two with a couple of black boys. Of course, nothing ever lasted because Farrah as ridiculous expectations for people and young boys aren't into all that drama. 

MTV is gross, but I don't know that they're hiding black dudes on purpose. I think this might be a case of KAIL trying to keep the dude off camera, more than the dude asking not to be filmed. 

19 hours ago, Mkay said:

Kail mentioned on twitter that she is not in a relationship or no longer with baby daddy. (I can't remember exactly how she worded it) Maybe since they are broken up and she beat him he doesn't want any part of her show.  

This is a good point. Another angle to consider. It's possible that he's pissed at her now that they're separated and refuses to give her more of a storyline. He might also refuse to let the child be filmed, which could get interesting. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

That would mean she conceived in mid to late November, not October. What was she doing in November? 

She was having herself one hell of a trap baby party!

• Love 7
(edited)
33 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Farrah had several black boyfriends...well, I don't know if you'd call them boyfriends. But on the very early seasons I remember her going on a date or two with a couple of black boys. Of course, nothing ever lasted because Farrah as ridiculous expectations for people and young boys aren't into all that drama. 

MTV is gross, but I don't know that they're hiding black dudes on purpose. I think this might be a case of KAIL trying to keep the dude off camera, more than the dude asking not to be filmed. 

This is a good point. Another angle to consider. It's possible that he's pissed at her now that they're separated and refuses to give her more of a storyline. He might also refuse to let the child be filmed, which could get interesting. 

He mentioned way, way back on his twitter feed that he doesn't like pictures.  He made a comment to someone who had a picture of him how he was surprised they caught his face since he tends to hide it in pics. I'm the same. So maybe it's his choice. I hate pictures of myself and completely hide when a camera comes out. 

I know we are all disappointed   lol it's cancelled because no one bought tickets, not because Kail is pregnant.

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/03/02/exclusive-the-teen-mom-cruise-has-been-cancelled-heres-why/

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 5

Not surprised to hear the Teen Mom cruise has been cancelled. I figured someone was going to pop up preggers (and Kail of course did just that) plus it's a good bet that their legions of leghumpers aren't the type of folks that could pony up enough money for a cruise. 

• Love 10

IMG_9961.PNG

28 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Could someone briefly recap the incident where Karl assaulted the new sperm donor and somehow caused his hair to be cut? 

We aren't really sure. I read it second hand (or would it be third) by people who followed him and only did a screen shot of the two tweets I shared here. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Well, if she did, didn't she not cheat either? And then what were all those "should we get back together" "I don't know" conversations for if they both knew it was over? Did both of them agree to fake it for MTV or were they hoping it really worked out? 

I don't know. It's a mess. I'm so confused.

I agree, it's all very confusing.

I think Javi said that they went back and forth numerous times while he was deployed about making the marriage work. He also said that he thought she had withdrawn the divorce filing before he deployed, as they had reconciled at that time? Javi said that he really didn't know for sure that they were totally done until he came home. Even in an interview last spring Kail said they (she and Javi) were "good" .

I can see Kail being manipulative and not telling Javi that the divorce was still filed, just to keep him on the hook in case she changed her mind-- all the while having the freedom to do what she wanted because they were technically divorcing.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, druzy said:

I love the response to this tweet

14.jpg

Someone else responded "First names or last names?" and I almost pissed myself laughing.

These days whenever I go on vacation, I come back and hear that one of the Teen Mom Twits is pregnant. Last summer I came home and found out it was Jenelle and Chelsea, and now I recently got home and heard about Kail. Should I just stop going out of town?

• Love 22
58 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

Someone else responded "First names or last names?" and I almost pissed myself laughing.

These days whenever I go on vacation, I come back and hear that one of the Teen Mom Twits is pregnant. Last summer I came home and found out it was Jenelle and Chelsea, and now I recently got home and heard about Kail. Should I just stop going out of town?

Ahhh so it is your FAULT! rotfl  Welcome back!

• Love 1

I really wish somebody would call her out on these BS protective orders for once. What she did to Jo years ago was disgusting. She actually admitted on TV to Javi that she punched him. I guess she got her desired result though - she kept Isaac from Jo for a couple of months and he became terrified of pissing her off and therefor potentially not being able to see Isaac based on whatever her current mood was. 

IMO it's a disservice to all the women who actually need them. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Even money she justifies it by saying she goes to an HBC and her crew "authorized" her using it. 

She probably will.

True story - my first house in DC (bought in 1999) was in a historically black neighborhood (unfortunately no longer). One of my best friends is a black woman who grew up there and inherited her Grandmother's house. I've always helped her out cause she's one of my best friends and I think it's the right thing to do.

The first time my husband and I brought her to the very expensive (but incredibly fabulous) buffet brunch at the Four Seasons, in between bites of chilled crab claws, large cocktail shrimp and sips of complimentary champagne she gave us permission to use the N word whenever we wanted. 

We laughed and laughed. First of all we told her that wasn't appropriate for upper-middle class white people (nor whatever Kailyn is). Then my husband laughed about getting his very skinny white ass kicked while saying Gladys told him it was OK.

That might actually work BTW - I always tell Gladys she knows 20% of the black people in DC (from vast and varied experience). She tells me it's probably more like 30%.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I really wish somebody would call her out on these BS protective orders for once. What she did to Jo years ago was disgusting. She actually admitted on TV to Javi that she punched him. I guess she got her desired result though - she kept Isaac from Jo for a couple of months and he became terrified of pissing her off and therefor potentially not being able to see Isaac based on whatever her current mood was. 

IMO it's a disservice to all the women who actually need them. 

It is a disservice to both men and women who need a restraining order. We have watched Javi, Jo, and Gary be victims of abuse in varying degrees by females. 

Jo was denied seeing Isaac for two weeks due to Kail's phony restraining order.

• Love 12
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I'd be one of the angry folks and I'm white.

Seriously, you don't get to reclaim/reappropriate a term if you aren't part of the marginalized population it was used against historically. The LGBT community has done this with various terms (queen, queer, etc). It doesn't mean you can go up to people and start calling them those names if you aren't in that group yourself. HELLOoooo.

I know Kailyn isn't the only white/nonblack person who does this but she sure does flaunt it. 

I remember going to lunch once w/two younger coworkers.  The black girl was driving, and another white girl & myself (also a "white girl") were passengers.  They'd been friends for awhile.  A rap song came on the radio and they both started singing along to "my n____".

I didn't participate.  I got along super well with both girls, but I didn't know them "like that."  To be honest,  I can't imagine that word coming out of my mouth.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

The first time my husband and I brought her to the very expensive (but incredibly fabulous) buffet brunch at the Four Seasons, in between bites of chilled crab claws, large cocktail shrimp and sips of complimentary champagne she gave us permission to use the N word whenever we wanted. 

This is so incredibly offensive that I actually forgot what I came here to post. Hats off!

• Love 4

I'm 46 and have had the same best friend for 43 years. She's black and I'm not. I would never use that word, in her presence or otherwise. I know of instances where she'd been called that and it hurt my heart for her--even though she didn't seem particularly hurt, but offended. I know it sounds stupid, but I cannot even say it when I'm singing. I sing at the top of my lungs but omit the word! I just doesn't feel right to me.  I guess if one has to think so hard about whether or not to use the word--just don't use it. Not worth it. Don't need it.

Rule to live by: do not do what Kailyn does. She's an idiot.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Wow, I can't even imagine what the children of the twitter generation are going to grow up like. It's scary - I'm glad my kids are in their 20s. We lived through a few new internet chatting and email dramas, but nothing like this. And by the PARENTS, no less, not even the kids (yet). 

Cuddle your babies and shut the fuck up. 

Right? I've kind of lost the ability to even follow this thread because I don't know how to interpret the tweets that are taking over the discussion (not a burn on anyone here, more power to you if you can follow this, I just can't contribute because I don't even know what the fuck Kail, Javi, and this new guy are even saying).

You know, I started kindergarten at age 4. Not because I was a child genius, but my mom was sick of paying for daycare and found a loophole back in 1988. Then I graduated high school early because I had no friends and took a lot of extra classes. Then I entered a field that is primarily dominated by middle aged men. All this is to say, I am used to being the youngest person in the room. I am used to being on the receiving end of the "what are you, 12?" jokes, even at age 33. Yet, I try and follow twitter and I feel like a fucking dinosaur. Is this really how kids talk? I am like, not going to be able to communicate with my kids in about 10 years.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Right? I've kind of lost the ability to even follow this thread because I don't know how to interpret the tweets that are taking over the discussion (not a burn on anyone here, more power to you if you can follow this, I just can't contribute because I don't even know what the fuck Kail, Javi, and this new guy are even saying).

You know, I started kindergarten at age 4. Not because I was a child genius, but my mom was sick of paying for daycare and found a loophole back in 1988. Then I graduated high school early because I had no friends and took a lot of extra classes. Then I entered a field that is primarily dominated by middle aged men. All this is to say, I am used to being the youngest person in the room. I am used to being on the receiving end of the "what are you, 12?" jokes, even at age 33. Yet, I try and follow twitter and I feel like a fucking dinosaur. Is this really how kids talk? I am like, not going to be able to communicate with my kids in about 10 years.

easy one!  all you do is randomly read about some phrase online and say, "wow, my tuna salad is ON FLEEK!"  kids *love* when we do that...

(I mean, okay, no they don't, but it amuses me to absolutely no end....)

Edited by teapot
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, teapot said:

easy one!  all you do is randomly read about some phrase online and say, "wow, my tuna salad is ON FLEEK!"  kids *love* when we do that...

(I mean, okay, no they don't, but it amuses me to absolutely no end....)

Oh, that's funny. I do so look forward to the years of mortifying my kids. Payback for all the sleepless nights.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

lol I know the feeling. Having had children, the talks about what words are appropriate and not appropriate has come and gone. But damn if I didn't cringe at times when I would be in my car as music by Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre began playing with the "N" words dropping left and right and my kids would give me that shocked look. I had to stop myself from even referencing the "N" words and other words.

I have not yet had the n-word talk with my kids (we are white) - they are little, 7 and 4, but I don't want to bring it up because I don't want that word to be in their minds at all.  I do know I will have to discuss it eventually because they will hear it and I want to make sure they never use it.  

So - I like rap.  Listen in the car.  The kids love it.  When I hear the n-word in songs, I say "nu-uh" myself, just so I can still sing along.  I noticed that the kids are singing along and they are saying "trigger."  I'm letting them think the word is trigger for now.

Kail should be ashamed of herself - for many reasons, but using that word is not ok.  I can't believe she would think it is.  She seems to be going through a phase of thinking she is black.  What is her deal?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

She seems to be going through a phase of thinking she is black.  What is her deal?

Perhaps, but only when it's convenient for her to be black. Should she suffer any stereotyping or unjust treatment, she will be quick to embrace her blond haired blue eyed self.

• Love 12
(edited)
21 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have not yet had the n-word talk with my kids (we are white) - they are little, 7 and 4, but I don't want to bring it up because I don't want that word to be in their minds at all.  I do know I will have to discuss it eventually because they will hear it and I want to make sure they never use it.  

So - I like rap.  Listen in the car.  The kids love it.  When I hear the n-word in songs, I say "nu-uh" myself, just so I can still sing along.  I noticed that the kids are singing along and they are saying "trigger."  I'm letting them think the word is trigger for now.

Kail should be ashamed of herself - for many reasons, but using that word is not ok.  I can't believe she would think it is.  She seems to be going through a phase of thinking she is black.  What is her deal?

The things we parents do for our kids.  I told my kids there are certain words that they will hear in all kinds of songs (we went over that list), and just like we watch movies that have varying degrees of violence, we don't imitate it in real life. It is alright to sing along to a song, but to use the language in any other instance such as to degrade someone, it is not acceptable.  I had to let them know they would reach an age where I wouldn't censor the music they heard. I couldn't wait to be in my car alone and blast all my music that had colorful language. lol

Now that my kids are grown up, when we are blasting music at our barbecues, I am rapping along with the various rap songs - "G's up, hoes down" I get down to Ain't Nuthin But a G Thing like it is nobody's business. lol 

19 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Perhaps, but only when it's convenient for her to be black. Should she suffer any stereotyping or unjust treatment, she will be quick to embrace her blond haired blue eyed self.

Exactly.

Remember how quickly she got rid of her dread look?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
Just now, GreatKazu said:

The things we parents do for our kids.  I told my kids there are certain words that they will hear in all kinds of songs (we went over that list), and just like we watch movies that have varying degrees of violence, we don't imitate it in real life. It is alright to sing along to a song, but to use the language in any other instance such as to degrade someone, it is not acceptable. 

Now that my kids are grown up, when we are blasting music at our barbecues, I am rapping along with the various rap songs - "G's up, hoes down" I get down to Ain't Nuthin But a G Thing like it is nobody's business. lol 

Exactly.

Remember how quickly she got rid of her dread look?

I'm pretty sure we're each other's spirit animals. REGULATORSSSS! MOUNT UP. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

We need a PTV get-together and have a rap contest! Just don't bring canned frosting or any lunchables to grub on.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I'm partial to The Next Episode, myself...it's the motherfucking D oh double G!

ETA: I could take or leave Dr. Dre for the most part. But Snoop? Now there's a guy that I think I could be friends with.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

We need a PTV get-together and have a rap contest! Just don't bring canned frosting or any lunchables to grub on.

Are you insisting that I cook a breakfast with no hog? So we can get our grub on, but not pig out? Hang on, got a call from girl I want to dig out. 

BTW, few things make me feel older than Doggystyle (the ALBUM, you perverts). On the album, nine trizzay is the yizzear for Snoop to fuck up shit. That year is further away from today, than that album was from the Beatles last album. Gs Up, Hoes Down (unquestionable classic) is older now than Woodstock was when it came out. Yeah, if I have to choose a coast, sorry homies, but it's west side all day. 

;-)

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Love it!

BTW, few things make me feel older than Doggystyle (the ALBUM, you perverts). On the album, nine trizzay is the yizzear for Snoop to fuck up shit. That year is further away from today, than that album was from the Beatles last album. Gs Up, Hoes Down (unquestionable classic) is older now than Woodstock was when it came out. Yeah, if I have to choose a coast, sorry homies, but it's west side all day. 

I can't believe that music is over 20 years old!

West side all the way! California Love - RIP Tupac - So Cal resident here.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Oh, that's funny. I do so look forward to the years of mortifying my kids. Payback for all the sleepless nights.

I told my son I want him to teach me the latest dance moves so I can dance along with his friends and be the "cool mom". I've been excused (actually forbidden) from ever chaperoning a middle school dance.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

ETA: I could take or leave Dr. Dre for the most part. But Snoop? Now there's a guy that I think I could be friends with.

Seconded. Snoop has been on my dream dinner table list since about 1997. Him and Alex Trebek are the only two who've remained consistent. 

3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Love it!

I can't believe that music is over 20 years old!

West side all the way! California Love - RIP Tupac - So Cal resident here.

Sounds like we'd be having nothing but a...wait for it...Gangsta Party. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Seconded. Snoop has been on my dream dinner table list since about 1997. Him and Alex Trebek are the only two who've remained consistent. 

Snoop and Martha's show is so fucking cool! I love it. I want to hang with him, cook with him, rap with him. Dre too violent for my taste.

4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I told my son I want him to teach me the latest dance moves so I can dance along with his friends and be the "cool mom". I've been excused (actually forbidden) from ever chaperoning a middle school dance.

lol

My son and I get to dancing when certain songs come on. He loves to say shit about my old school music (70s funk, disco, R&B) but he loves "Flashlight". That's our song to dance to. We may have to take this to the non-show thread.

Imagine how out of place Kail must look when she is with her "crew"? lol

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Are you insisting that I cook a breakfast with no hog? So we can get our grub on, but not pig out? Hang on, got a call from girl I want to dig out. 

;-)

Not rap related, but I know what you mean. I was watching Dazed and Confused on VH-1 a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me that the movie was set in 1976, and made in 1993. Less time had elapsed from the making of the movie and the setting, then as the release of the movie and today. And this was a period piece.

I still remember when it was reported that Tupac was shot. I was in 6th grade. I lived in the midwest and my mom ruled the radio with an iron fist. We mainly listened to the Michael Bolton/Linda Ronstadt station. I made the mistake of asking who Tupac was and was summarily mocked by entire class.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson the year before, when I was the fifth grade pariah for not knowing who Tony Toni Tone was.

ETA: I thought it was 6th grade, but I just looked up the dates and I would have been in 8th grade. Maybe that's why I was so quick to forget being the uncool person who thought All 4 One was a Bryan Adams song.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I listen to rock, grunge, and classic rock.  But 90's rap and R&B bring me back to my childhood/teenage yrs. Oh the memories those songs bring!

And now they are stuck in my head.  Hahahaha

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2

Kail wants to see if there's an angle being the next Rachel Dolezal. It's cool that Kail has friends of all different backgrounds and it's not unusual for people in that age bracket to say the n-word as a term of endearment, but at the end of the day she's a white girl and if someone overhears that in a public place Kail will look like an ass at best. Kail for sure has *issues* in regards to race/ethnicity. I'm hispanic and have to admit, her comments on Isaac's hair always rubbed me the wrong way. She strikes me as the type who wouldn't want Isaac to learn Spanish either, but is fine with going around using the nword and wearing fake dreads.

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, swishandflick said:

Kail wants to see if there's an angle being the next Rachel Dolezal. It's cool that Kail has friends of all different backgrounds and it's not unusual for people in that age bracket to say the n-word as a term of endearment, but at the end of the day she's a white girl and if someone overhears that in a public place Kail will look like an ass at best. Kail for sure has *issues* in regards to race/ethnicity. I'm hispanic and have to admit, her comments on Isaac's hair always rubbed me the wrong way. She strikes me as the type who wouldn't want Isaac to learn Spanish either, but is fine with going around using the nword and wearing fake dreads.

And no doubt she has used the word "puta" when referring to other females. It just shouldn't be said to her. We know she used the word "bitch" when using it to infer Javi already had a girlfriend. Kail thinks because she had a guy surely Javi had a girl in his life. Kail projects too much.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, swishandflick said:

Sounds like you're telling Kail the best way to approach these issues is to check herself...BEFORE she wrecks herself. Incidentally, that's applicable in a lot of situations. I have literally told that to my kids. Who are 8 and 10, and Italian.

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 12