Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Black Ice

In the minutes of showtime that have taken place since the previous episode, Rebecca has travelled from the diner (her most recent scene in the show) to the hospital, analyzed the damage to the clinic at the hospital, and went to the high school and started setting up a triage center there.  In minutes.

The egg went through the portal and landed in the playground in Zenith where Aktaion security and science guys try to remove it for study -- somewhat unsuccessfully.  And the egg has a bit of a tantrum.  When the egg freaks out, so does Drownsie.

Joe touches the wall of the Dome, his hand freezes to it and the Dome begins to descend into the ground.  Because that's just the Dome being all "Fuck you, Chester's Mill -- you're screwing with my power source".  They pry Joe's hand off the Dome wall, leaving a bloody handprint.  Only the Dome isn't descending, it's rotating -- did someone yell at the Dome to 'sit on it and rotate' ?

Rebecca: The air up there is much colder, that's why it's probably getting colder on the ground.  Is Rebecca unaware of how a greenhouse works ?  How is she a teacher of anything ?  Plus, the Dome does not go up to the stratosphere -- not even close -- so the air up there is not that much colder, let alone 40 or 50 degrees colder.

Strange how there are a lot of charging stations for Julia's Prius town -- the hospital, the high school, etc. -- despite the fact that those charging stations run off the electrical grid (which is down) and there was no generator plugged into the charging station.

Hold on a minute -- Chester's Mill is a pretty small town.  Julia charges up her Prius and leaves the keys with Rebecca at the high school.  Barbie and Julia walk to the hospital and drive away in the ambulance -- where are they going through the countryside ?  Is it a short cut to the diner ? WTF ?

The ambulance hits a patch of ice and rolls over, thanks largely to Barbie's bad driving.  Julia gets tossed around and ends up getting a metal rod puncture in her right leg.  Barbie, who seems to have come down with a case of 'Debbie Downer' syndrome this episode, puts out road flares on the heavily traveled road so that any other cars will see them and come to their rescue, versus driving by and leaving them to their own devices. 

In the most obvious case of foreshadowing ever, a random extra carries his wife into the high school stating that he fell asleep and woke up with his wife frozen to death.  Look out Barbie and Julia, me thinks bad times are a-coming.

Joe gets suspicious of Hunter when he starts playing 20 questions about the egg.  Somehow, Hunter managed to get separated from the rest of the Scooby Doo gang and ended up with frost bite.  Turns out he was communicating with Barbie's dad at the Dome's edge via pen and paper -- Joe discovers this after sending Hunter to help Fivehead, and then rifling through Hunter's stuff.

Drownsie gets as bored of listening to Pauline as the viewing audience and goes into seizures to avoid having to listen to her any more.

Despite the fact it is freezing outside, no one who is actually outside can see their own breath.  How is that possible ?

How can there be ice on the lake already -- it has only been freezing a few hours, and the lake is a huge source of stored heat ?  Let alone the ice floes are inches thick.  Big Jim spots Lyle bobbing in the lake while searching for gasoline at the dock -- I guess Lyle finally tired of his vacay in the vortex and decided to come into the Dome.  Just for kicks, Lyle is still spouting apocalyptic end of the world nonsense.  If it's so cold, why wasn't Big Jim wearing a hat ?  Or gloves ?

Why didn't Barbie strap Julia to the gurney and push her to the Sweetbriar Rose diner ?  

Barbie goes in for the vigorous chest massage to revive Julia on the floor of the diner, in front of the stove. Bum - chika - wow - wow !!

And just like that the cold snap is over. Just because the barometric pressure is rising -- is there an area of higher pressure moving in from outside the Dome ? WTF ?

Joe and Fivehead follow Hunter and confront him about working with Barbie's Dad.  Then after a bout of high-pitched noise, they determine that the Dome has stopped rotating -- only to start contracting. Oh noes !!!!

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 9

Did I hear right? Rebecca said it was two degrees? These people are New Englanders! They deal with that every year! The way everyone was acting I was guessing it was a hundred below.

• Love 1
Did I hear right? Rebecca said it was two degrees? These people are New Englanders! They deal with that every year! The way everyone was acting I was guessing it was a hundred below.

But from the look of the sets and makeup, I agree it looked like it was ridiculously cold.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

That's 2 degrees Fahrenheit, which is 30 degrees below freezing. It's pretty miserable. Not that 20 below zero isn't miserable too. It's all miserable from 20.

And obviously their winter coats were outside the dome at the cleaners in Zenith.

I did LOL at Barbie staggering bowleggedly to carry half dead Julia. I'm sure Mike Vogel was muttering to Rachelle LeFevre about losing a little weight. Hee.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

I am not a Pauline fan, but I will give credit where it's due.  She had no problem telling Big Jim about himself.  If she keeps doing that, she can stay.  Especially since she's not having visions and headaches anymore and can't paint.

Good point, Shapeshifter. Why didn't anyone have on actual winter coats if it was so cold?

I'm pretty sure I saw Big Jim take what looked like a down coat with hood just before he left the high school to find gas.  Maybe it was just a jacket, but he should have at least worn the hood.

Anyway, their closets should be full of many coats, all varieties and weights and liners.  Plus hats and scarves and gloves.  I guess Joe doesn't have a home, but Julia and Big Jim still have their houses intact.  Maybe Other Mom can bring some to the high school.

Did I hear right? Rebecca said it was two degrees?

It's freezing in here!  What can we do?  If only there was some way we could utilize the wreckage from those wood frame houses in town.  Think, man, think!  Ah, it's no use.  Turn up the heaters and use up more of the generator power.

Why didn't Barbie strap Julia to the gurney and push her to the Sweetbriar Rose diner ?

Obviously he doesn't do well with wheels on ice.

Jim:  Why did I rescue Lyle?  I did it for you, Pauline.

Pauline:  You brought back that worn-out, balding, nonsense-spouting fool back for me?  WTF?

If they were really short of gasoline for the generator, wouldn't the cars be the first target?

Let's assume for the moment that the whole dome, underground portion and all, was contracting inward (not shrinking, fivehead!)  At a circumference of ~30 miles, the amount of matter being pushed would be just the other side of geologically unsustainable for the entire region.  Hmmm?

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 6

Way this episode could have been 100x better:

Joe: "the dome is freezing! I'm going to touch it with my tongue and see what happens!"

I don't feel like 'this' was really about Big Jim acting without regard to what anyone else wants - i feel like it was about him acting with total disregard to logic and zero information about what might happen in chucking a magical egg into a magical portal. Seriously, what was wrong with Barbie and Julia's plan? Is Jim so afraid of all the town's people getting out because he's afraid of being arrested for murder or something??

I was SO worried that Julia was going to have amnesia after the ambulance accident! Maybe she's have permanent short-term memory loss and every day when she woke up Barbie would have to explain their great love and why they live in a dome

Edited by marieYOTZ
  • Love 2

I am not a Pauline fan, but I will give credit where it's due. She had no problem telling Big Jim about himself. If she keeps doing that, she can stay. Especially since she's not having visions and headaches anymore and can't paint.

That was the other time I LOLed--this time with glee that Pauline will not be painting anymore. Hopefully the (former?) prop person who did the painting has found a vocation in which he or she actually has potential to excel.

Why didn't Barbie strap Julia to the gurney and push her to the Sweetbriar Rose diner?

Obviously he doesn't do well with wheels on ice.
LOL, I would love it if Norrie asks that question next week. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

Goddamn it, Hunter!  Why are all the cute ones either evil or have syphilis?

And, like last season, Julia's life is put in mortal peril and Barbie will probably get blamed for it.  Last season, they hastily built a gallows (led by a black man - wtf show!?).  This season, they'll probably try burning him at the stake, which in turn will engulf the whole town and kill shitloads but Barbie will be safe.  If there's a third season, I predict "trial by catapult".

• Love 5

I know they want us to root for Barbie and Julia fighting against desperate odds - but I just don't care about them as a couple.  I don't buy their great love.  The actors have zero chemistry together.  Julia is annoying.  Barbie killed her husband.  And I never seriously believed that Julia was ever in danger of dying, so there was no suspense.  In fact, she's up and hopping around by the end of the episode.

Is Rebecca the only teacher in Chester's Mill?  Where's the school principal, other teachers, town council members, other scientists, doctors, etc.?

Why is Sam moving freely among the townspeople?  I thought he was hiding.  Has everyone, including Junior, forgotten Sam murdered Angie?  Now he's this hero doctor that's going around helping everyone?!  Not only did he murder Angie, but he did so in a brutal fashion.  As a doctor, you'd think Sam would've known how to kill  Angie in a painless and less brutal manner if he felt that he had to kill her.  Even vets know how to euthanize animals more painlessly.  But I guess there had to be an axe and blood spatter a la Stephen King, but it's just so ridiculous.

Are we also supposed to forget that Big Jim murdered that guy in cold blood early on in the season and now feel sorry for him?

I can understand why Big Jim used a large pad of paper to communicate with people outside the Dome, but Hunter is a tech guy.  Wouldn't he have used an electonic tablet to type out a message and show it to that guard, rather than using what appears to be the same size and type of paper pad used by Big Jim?

Chester's Mill has to be the smallest town in the U.S. - where the population must number under a hundred people.  They can all be fed, they can all fit inside one facility and

in a future episode, it looks like they can all fit in the cave.

I've never before watched a show where I wanted so many characters killed off or at least off my screen.

They did say that maybe half of Chester's mill wouldn't make it through the night, so that's 50% population reduction right there..

So where's Chester's Mill located? maybe deep south because they didn't seem to have much winter coats but they do have electric heaters.. mm

• Love 1

Ok, that was baaaaad, even by Under the Dumb standards. No visible breath? They should have had water crystals stuck to their mouths & noses if it was that cold. Show isn't even remotely trying any more. Just fuckin' with us, I guess. Don't see how Snookums will be able to slog through this dreck of a season.

• Love 1
And, like last season, Julia's life is put in mortal peril

Julia gets a metal rod impaled in her leg, but will just walk it off.  Remember that in show time, she is still recovering from a gunshot to the right shoulder that collapsed her lung -- about 10 days ago.  But that seems to have been completely forgotten.

Maybe the power of the Dome is the uncanny power of healing, kind of like Wolverine.

That's one of the truly stupid things about this show -- the producers act like each show actually takes place a week apart, instead of the hours or days that go by in show time.  So wounds heal, and all prior bad acts are easily forgiven, and animosities fall by the wayside.

• Love 5

Why is Sam moving freely among the townspeople? I thought he was hiding. Has everyone, including Junior, forgotten Sam murdered Angie? Now he's this hero doctor that's going around helping everyone?! Not only did he murder Angie, but he did so in a brutal fashion. As a doctor, you'd think Sam would've known how to kill Angie in a painless and less brutal manner if he felt that he had to kill her. Even vets know how to euthanize animals more painlessly. But I guess there had to be an axe and blood spatter a la Stephen King, but it's just so ridiculous.

I was wondering the same thing. Sam confessed to hacking Angie up with an axe and planning to kill Joe, Norrie and Jr. but....nobody seems to really care? Joe was about to shoot Melanie when he thought she might have killed Angie but he seems to have no problem with Sam. Did I miss it or does everyone not know Sam chopped up Angie?

Jim threatened to shoot Joe and Norrie a few hours ago but....it's cool, aparrently nobody really gives a shit so they'll just let it slide.

Edited by Accidental Martyr
  • Love 3

As I expected, everyone was understandably pissed at Jim (well, except Rebecca, because she's weird), but that's all that coming out of it.  You would think holding two teens at gun-point would be a huge problem for this town, but that seems like a minor offense.  And, where was Norrie's mom in all of this?  If there was every a time to finally shell out the bucks to bring Aisha Hinds back for an episode, it would have been this one, since I would thinks she'd be very upset over her daughter's life being in danger.  But, this show clearly doesn't care about stuff like that.  Sigh.

Also should have known Hunter would end up working for Don.  Can't have him being too likable.  It sounds like he doesn't want to, but I have a feeling he won't be lasting for long.  Sounds like a noble sacrifice of some kind is being set-up for him.

Now, that kids, is why you don't move around in a vehicle; especially if there is fucking ice all over the road.  All of this would have been avoided, if Julia just remained in her seat, or Barbie actually pulled, so she could fix the gurney.  But, nope, with these two knuckleheads, things go completely to shit.  Of course, Julia was never going to die.  I also wondered why Barbie didn't try to use the gurney to transport her, instead of having to carry her.  I can actually see Mike Vogel bring that up, the director being like "Nah, we want you to heroically carry her like the stud Barbie is!", and Mike was just like "Sigh... fine.  I'm getting paid this episode to basically snuggle with Rachel Leferve for the entire thing, so I can't complain."

Lyle is back and crazier then ever!  And, yeah, everyone seems to be quite OK with Sam just wondering around unsupervised. Chester's MIll really is a forgiving place, unless you are Barbie, and then they're all for a hanging.

• Love 5

I can't even list everything that is wrong with this episode, so instead I'll say what I think they got right.

Finally someone thought to go check to see if the dome was still there since the egg/power source was gone.

Barbie was correct about the hyperthermia slowing blood loss

hmm, what else, what else? I got nothing.

I am kind of enjoying the dome messing with the towns people. "I'm turning, I'm making it cold, I'm moving inward". hee hee. Can't wait to see what it does next week. The dome is now my favorite character.

• Love 4

I am kind of enjoying the dome messing with the towns people. "I'm turning, I'm making it cold, I'm moving inward". hee hee. Can't wait to see what it does next week. The dome is now my favorite character.

Ha! So true. I'm hoping that next, the dome will float off into space with everyone trapped inside.

• Love 3

I can actually see Mike Vogel bring that up, the director being like "Nah, we want you to heroically carry her like the stud Barbie is!", and Mike was just like "Sigh... fine. I'm getting paid this episode to basically snuggle with Rachel Leferve for the entire thing, so I can't complain."

While watching this crapfest after taking several weeks off and rolling my eyes for the hundreth time, I thought to myself what fun it would be if the late Robert Reed (the dad from the Brady Bunch) was on this show. He used to drive the producers crazy with script notes on the inaccuracies of BB plots (they producers had to call the real phone company and get them to confirm they would install a pay phone for him to act in that episode, for example) Can you imagine him getting a script from this show?
  • Love 1

why exactly is there a 14" sharp metal spike in the ambulance?.

Because Dome, duh.

If the Dome is revolving, bringing its cold sides from 5 miles up, isn't it also revolving upwards, bringing comparative warmth from five miles underground?

Now he's this hero doctor that's going around helping everyone?!

He's not really even doing that. Not since season 1 of The Following have I seen such a half assed attempt at CPR. At least Barbie saved his patient.

Pauline says she can't paint anymore.....  Doesn't this make Big Jim the hero he always wanted to be ? 

I am kind of enjoying the dome messing with the towns people.

The dome is just doing the Hokey Pokey.

There was a serious lack of Junior this episode.

• Love 2

I believe this was the stupidest episode ever, and it is a very very very low bar, my friends.

Random questions:

1) As others have mentioned, why didn't Rebecca just tell everyone to grab all their winter coats, hats & gloves and meet at the high school?  It ain't Chesters Mill, 90210.

2) Why was everyone else dying of hypothermia when they were outside for 20 seconds, but Jim strolls in from his Lyle rescue looking like he just returned from the spa?

3) Why weren't Lyle's hair and eyebrows wet when he was in Jim's car?

4) Did Norrie completely forget she still has a mother left? Apparently the writers have.

5) Did no one in Chesters Mill have any pets? IRL people would be freaking out about their dogs and cats.

6) Why the urgent need to tie down a gurney which was barely rattling, when you'll be at the diner in 3 minutes?

And finally:

7) Oh show. Why can't I quit you?

• Love 5

Thank God. And for the short time he did appear, he told Big Jim than no, he would not try to cajole his mom into forgetting all her grievances against his dad. 

That's 2 degrees Fahrenheit, which is 30 degrees below freezing. It's pretty miserable. Not that 20 below zero isn't miserable too. It's all miserable from 20.

It's isn't that bad. I frequently walk three miles to work in that kind of weather. Of course, I have winter apparel on. This is supposed to be New England, where they're used to that, so there should have been winter coats, hats, and mittens in every house in that town. And, as mentioned above, why weren't they burning abandoned or damaged houses? Why were they all spread out in that drafty hallway for so long, instead of congregating in a gym and turning off heat to all other parts of the building? There was so much stupid in this episode it wasn't even funny. 

Barbie, for example. Why was he driving on ice as if he were a fourteen-year-old who spent every minute of his life in Florida on a spree? And if Julia's heart had stopped, how was she revived after a short time in front of a fire? Adults with hypothermia are treated with heat blankets and blood warmers, and even then they can't always be brought back. And just how high is the dome supposed to be, that it's able to bring down air that cold? Aaargh. 

Because Dome, duh.

If the Dome is revolving, bringing its cold sides from 5 miles up, isn't it also revolving upwards, bringing comparative warmth from five miles underground?

I was thinking it was moving like our earth does, as if one were holding the poles and spinning around that axis, and that the momentum it created was bringing the air down. But I never could see it moving on my screen, probably because I was staring at Joe's hand and wondering if he had licked it before he touched the dome.

I believe this was the stupidest episode ever, and it is a very very very low bar, my friends.

Yep, pretty much. 

And without electricity or gas, how exactly did that oven spark right up?

Random town person: "My wife is frozen - help!

Sam: "Sorry, I tried to save her for 5 seconds but she sure is dead. Next!"

Julia: "I'm dying right now"

Barbie: "No probs. I'll take out the spike, slowly walk a few miles to the diner, turn on the miracle oven, and keep working on you until you bounce right back!"

Good to be a regular in Chesters Mill, I guess.

Edited by charlieboo
  • Love 1

Membership has its privileges I guess.

When Joe got his hand stuck to the Dome, I immediately heard "I Double Dog Dare You!" In my head.

His hand was clearly being pulled down. From that they suddenly jump to "the Dome is rotating"...?!

Joe: The Dome is contracting!

Norrie: You mean shrinking?

Joe: um, duh! why do I like you again?

Random redshirt towns person lady can die from hypothermia while being INSIDE NEXT TO A FIRE, but Julia wakes right up after 30 seconds of crappy CPR after deliberately freezing herself to death and being effectively dead for who knows how long while Barbie lugged her all over God knows where.

But really, never mind that, because Lyle somehow managed to escape hypothermia altogether, despite swimming around for who knows how long in the frozen lake.

Notice the next day how the grass was all back to being lush and green.

The Dome is clearly fucking with Chester's Mill, and The Dome is clearly fucking with us.

• Love 2

I was wondering the same thing. Sam confessed to hacking Angie up with an axe and planning to kill Joe, Norrie and Jr. but....nobody seems to really care? Joe was about to shoot Melanie when he thought she might have killed Angie but he seems to have no problem with Sam. Did I miss it or does everyone not know Sam chopped up Angie?

Jim threatened to shoot Joe and Norrie a few hours ago but....it's cool, aparrently nobody really gives a shit so they'll just let it slide.

It's always nice when people post what I'm thinking, so I don't have to.

• Love 3

Melanie to Pauline - "I've missed you so much!" Um, how? Based on this show's admittedly goofy time line, you came back to life about a week and a half ago and you were dead for the previous 25 years. Why would you miss someone who had a part in leaving you to die?

Big Jim finds what appears to be about a gallon of gas which he estimates can keep the school heated through the night. That must be one hella fuel efficient generator. At first, I seriously thought that the writers would remember about Big Jim's huge stash of propane and have him ride to the rescue with a tank or twenty. Silly me.

The way they were pimping that Prius, I thought Joe and Fivehead were going to start talking about its Bluetooth capability and easy to use navigation system. We get it. It doesn't use gas.

I know I'm a week late, but RIP Phil Bushey. We wanted to keep you around, but you're black so bye-ee. You did end up getting the best death ever, so there's always that.

It looks like the Incredible Shrinking Dome is pushing up all of the earth around it. That should bury the town and all of its hapless residents in about ten minutes.

• Love 2

Melanie to Pauline - "I've missed you so much!" Um, how? Based on this show's admittedly goofy time line, you came back to life about a week and a half ago and you were dead for the previous 25 years. Why would you miss someone who had a part in leaving you to die?

That and how about the line she said right before stating that it seems like it was just YESTERDAY to her instead of the 25 years.  I asked the TV "Well how could  you MISS her then".  The TV gave me no response.

And did Barbie actually have to let Julia die to pull that rod out of her leg?  Wouldn't just the fact that she was almost frozen mean that her blood flow would be very slow? 

And yeah I noticed the lack of anything looking cold and the lack of clothing everyone had on especially Big Jim when out looking for gas.  With no hair and not hat he should have had frost bit or something by the time he got back.

Comedy Gold.  That is what this show is.  How they are going to pull of a 3rd season I have no idea. 

• Love 3

I am laughing so hard reading all these posts - would have "liked" every one of them, but was afraid I would un out of likes, so you all get an invisible like.

There were a couple of good things about this episode - People telling off Big Jim - Pauline, Barbie, and even Junior, if you count "Nyah, nyah , I knew mom was alive and didn't tell you." 

The other good thing - I thought they did a good job on the special effect of the dome rotating - either that, or the guy who plays Joe must have aced his "mime stuck in a box" test in acting school.

Even the dome contracting or shrinking looked pretty good.  However, my prediction is that next week they will realize that the dome isn't shrinking, it is sinking into the ground.   

I was SO worried that Julia was going to have amnesia after the ambulance accident! Maybe she's have permanent short-term memory loss and every day when she woke up Barbie would have to explain their great love and why they live in a dome

I wonder if he  would tell her that he killed her husband...

There was so much ridiculousness in that plot.  For instance, hyperthermia would slow down the blood flow, but, if it had hit a major artery, what would have happened when she warmed up?  Wouldn't she have bleed to death then?  It isn't like he froze her, pulled out the spike, stitched up the artery and then defrosted her. 

And why didn't he just carry her with the spike in her leg?  It didn't go all the way through her leg, stapling her onto the ambulance - when he pulled it out, there were only 3-4 inches inside her (plus, I think he moved her with it in her leg earlier).  Was the "logic" that he was afraid to move her with the spike in her because it may shift and she would bleed to death?  If  so, then it really doesn't make sense to freeze her, pull it out, carry her around, then warm her up again. 

This plot did make me realize one thing - the writers aren't just fans of Lost, they apparently are also big fans of Titanic - replace the gurney with a piece of driftwood and call Julia "Rose" you have Leonardo DiCaprio's final scenes in the movie.

• Love 2

Dome help me, I still keep checking back on this craptacular show.

This week I'm glad I did so I didn't miss the special (needs) effects on the egg.  HOLY CRAP!!  That was like something from an 80's music video.  DAYUM.  It was so bad it actually took me a second to start laughing.  

I really just can. not. with this show.  It's like the writer's fell asleep after receiving a concussion and this is their fever dreams.

• Love 1

This is really becoming "The Simpson Movie" Big Jim needs to find a motorcycle.

It's cold and since people never survived the cold before electricity, they will all die. Or maybe they could use something man has used ofr 20 or 30 thousand years?

Maybe they could find a big open space, with high celings and ventalation, like a high school gym, and a place with lots of wooden furniture, like a high school, and get some fires going?

But if it is a whole 2 degrees outside (I've riden a bike in 6 degrees) how can you survive inside in a well insulated building?

OMT: Big Jim, the great car saleman, gives up his one bargaining chip BEFORE he gets a single concession, damn fine negotiation there.

• Love 1

Even the dome contracting or shrinking looked pretty good.  However, my prediction is that next week they will realize that the dome isn't shrinking, it is sinking into the ground.

From their vantage point, it would look the same if was staying the same size, but moving. Was the wall of the Dome going towards, or away from, Zenith and the egg?

But if it is a whole 2 degrees outside (I've riden a bike in 6 degrees) how can you survive inside in a well insulated building?

The writers must live in southern California. The northern U.S. and Canada see outside temps of 2 degrees every winter.

Even the dome contracting or shrinking looked pretty good.  However, my prediction is that next week they will realize that the dome isn't shrinking, it is sinking into the ground.

From their vantage point, it would look the same if was staying the same size, but moving. Was the wall of the Dome going towards, or away from, Zenith and the egg?

I was think it was sinking further into the ground, which would look the same from their vantage point.  However, Norrie put her hand on the dome and it wasn't moving down, so my prediction could be wrong...then again, how likely is it that anyone on this show will remember that part?

The writers must live in southern California. The northern U.S. and Canada see outside temps of 2 degrees every winter.

Not Southern California - they couldn't get the earthquake right.  The jail falls apart, houses supposedly destroyed, but nothing had fallen off the shelves at the Sweetbrier Rose. 

• Love 1

Not Southern California - they couldn't get the earthquake right.  The jail falls apart, houses supposedly destroyed, but nothing had fallen off the shelves at the Sweetbrier Rose.

That probably wasn't the fault of the writers. Maybe they were going to shoot more pre-quake scenes later and didn't want to mess up the set too much.

Ha! So true. I'm hoping that next, the dome will float off into space with everyone trapped inside.

Noooo, we already have the 100.  It's dreck too.

The dome is just doing the Hokey Pokey.

That's what it's all about.

• Love 4

2 Degrees?!??  And people are freezing to death?!?  It snowed this winter and I played in it for over an hour and it was around zero.  I had on a sweatshirt, coat, hat and gloves and I didn't get hypothermia.  In fact, when I came in, I was sweating underneath my clothes.

The inconsistency of the cold is silly.....

The man comes in with his wife dead and they have frost in their hair.  They wouldn't have frost in their hair inside a home and certainly would have warmed up if he brought in a car. 

Barbie and Julia are riding in a heated ambulance.  It would take a while to get that cold inside it with blankets and body heat from each other.  And why didn't they put their heads under the blankets?

Big Jim runs around looking for gas with no heavy clothing and calmly picks up a metal container with no gloves and seems to suffer no ill effects from the cold.

Rebecca tells people they won't last long outside.  It's two degrees, not 50 below!!!

And the silly Julia deciding to secure the stretcher.  Who cares that it's rattling?  A little OCD maybe.  And why was Barbie driving so fast?

Joe continues to grate.  Almost nothing he says is anything like most people would say.

Junior saying he didn't want to help his father.  Of course, last ep he was saying he still had hope.

And finally, Rebecca and Jim have the most heel, face turns in history.  How many times are they against each other and then making up again? Rebecca thanking Jim for getting gas with those puppy dogs eyes was nauseating.

(I've riden a bike in 6 degrees)

Ah, yes, another Dumb Dome thing.  There seem to be no bicycles in this town.  So if they run out of gas, they have their feet, Julia's Prius, Skateboard Dude's skateboard, and that's it.

Also, for a northern town, lots of people would also have down comforters in addition to an assortment of coats and hats.  Wrap a down comforter around you and you could sleep for a week in the snow and not feel a thing.  Dum dum dum.