Type keyword(s) to search

The Late Late Show With James Corden - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I about died with laughter last night when the Backstreet Boys showed up. I had just seen Mandy Moore earlier on WWHL and one of the callers asked her if she was more excited touring with them or N'SYNC back in the day and her reply was N'SYNC because of Justin.

The Grand Tour guys always made a point of scorning the US when they were on Top Gear, but I guess working for the almighty Bezos has caused a minor rethink. Because here they are on an American talk show (albeit one hosted by a Brit):

It's funny though. Makes you really miss the banter between them (even if you can tell that Clarkson, as always is a real prat). 

I think Madonna is generally trying too hard with EVERYTHING IN LIFE these days. It's a bummer. On the other end of the continuum is Bruno Mars, whose Carpool Karaoke is a delight. He is one charismatic cat, and he and James seem to be legitimately having fun. Adele still sets the standard, but Bruno is way up there.

• Love 6

I'm getting annoyed with how many episodes that have been airing lately that seem like they were taped days beforehand. He has Goldie Hawn on tonight and she was on Watch What Happens Live earlier with Andy and Amy Schumer  so it looks like she's in NY. If this hadn't been happening more frequently recently I don't think I'd be so bothered by it. They also tried that idiotic "Celebrity Noses" bit that won't go away. Seeing him throw a fake tantrum over not being able to show celeb noses due to technical difficulties  the first time that bit aired was plenty.

Emmy nominations for the Late Late Show:

OUTSTANDING INTERACTIVE PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING VARIETY TALK SERIES

Emmy nominations for Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special 2017:

OUTSTANDING VARIETY SPECIAL

OUTSTANDING TECHNICAL DIRECTION, CAMERAWORK, VIDEO CONTROL FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL

Haven't watched in ages, as Corden can't stop SCREAMING EVERY WORD. Thought I might like to see a Dustin Hoffman but had to turn off TV for some craptastic bit Corden was doing that involved YELLING and playing LOUD discordant sound effects. STFU! All goodwill that came from carpool karaoke is long gone, if I read about a good one of those, I know where to find it. 

A lot of his bits really suck and they have a habit of doing the really bad ones more then once. That bit tonight was awful.

Most nights I find myself watching Seth Meyers opening monologue and then flipping back to Corden if he has a guest or two that I want to see. If there's nobody I care to hear from I keep it on Seth. 

2 hours ago, ari333 said:

That Darren dude getting JAmes to eat glass. Ugg.

I was coming here to mention that. That was real and not a comedy bit, right?, because I did not understand the point of that whole segment.

It was part of a magic act, but if you want to see some great magic catch his show a couple of night ago. You will be aga! I love him but only watch when he has somebody that I just have to see, there are just so many late night shows that I can DVR and actually watch.  But James is a treasure.  What a talent.

11 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

It was part of a magic act, but if you want to see some great magic catch his show a couple of night ago. You will be aga! I love him but only watch when he has somebody that I just have to see, there are just so many late night shows that I can DVR and actually watch.  But James is a treasure.  What a talent.

The trick with the stools and the colors? Yes, much better.

I still don't see the "magic" in the trick I posted about....

Magic Guy: Think of something

James: Okay

Magic Guy: Eat some glass

James: Okay

Magic Guy: You're thinking of Sydney.

James: Yes!!

Me: Huh????

• Love 1

hey, I agree, but that other trick, where in the hell did that stool go, and how did he know the colors they would choose and the made up word for a color?....hell, I can't help it, I love magic. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

wow, i guess this show isn't very popular. i don't watch either but tuned in last night to see cher and snark . so if anyone saw it, what did you think? i think she looks 100% plastic and robotic, she can hardly move, her face or body. good grief, you have to feel sorry for women who are almost 80 and refuse to stop looking like they are under 30. she never seems very likable to me.

• Love 1