Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

Interesting question.  No, I actually don't.  Anyone else?  But the only one in that position on the show now is Heather, right?  Did Lydia have a nanny?  I wonder if Heather is still being coy with us & holding back on how many nannies she has.  Just 1 nanny?  Kinda doubt it.

Shannon has at least one. We have seen her on a couple of occasions. She had to help Shannon get the girls ready for the Cotillion. I only speculate that there might be more than one because when she has been on camera and they caption her name and title, they specifically indicate which one of the girls she is the nanny for (I cannot remember which girl), instead of justing saying she is the nanny.

• Love 1

Alexis had 2 nannies that were featured often. Anytime one of the twins cried Jim would dump her on the nanny because he was annoyed.

I don't think it's a matter of whether they have nannies, it's whether they allow the cameras to film them.

Despite all the pictures Heather posts on social media of her children, she's never seemed like a warm and fuzzy hands on Mother to me. She has at least 2 nannies, a housekeeper, chef and driver. Which made her argument against Terry so comical when she complained that he wasn't helping her with the kids the week of her tv show taping.

• Love 6

Interesting question.  No, I actually don't.  Anyone else?  But the only one in that position on the show now is Heather, right?  Did Lydia have a nanny?  I wonder if Heather is still being coy with us & holding back on how many nannies she has.  Just 1 nanny?  Kinda doubt it.

So Alex McCord thinks this was a sendoff for Lizzie & she's a goner -- or maybe they may (at best) keep her on standby, only if they can't find new peeps to add on.  Anyone agree?

She also brings up how they were getting all squicked out over duck.  This made me go WTF.  I mean, I don't eat duck, but they acted like it was like eating bugs.  Sheesh, these women really are idiots.

Lydia had nannies.  I find it very common in the south for stay at home mom's to have help. I had twins and had help, most of my friends and neighbors have help. I question the use of the term nanny-when I think of a nanny I think of someone who has been trained in the field-like the one's from the UK.  I think sometimes the "nannys" of today in popular shows are more like assistants and have multiple tasks such as cooking, party planning and cleaning and errand running. I think Collette has a dedicated nanny and I think there is another assistant type for the older three children.

I think Alexis last season she was brought back because a professional ball player's wife balked at the last minute and they needed a warm body to play off Lydia.   I think they should keep Lizzie but I think there was much more said than what we saw at the Reunion-the final photos do not have Lizzie in them.  I think Lizzie could mix it up and she would be friends with Heather and the Vicki/Shannon team.  They need someone in their thirties.  Knowing Bravo they will do something stupid like bring Gretchen and Slade back.    

When the RHOC visited here in Napa Valley they went wiggy over sushi-something I am quite sure is very popular in OC.  I will say I would have passed on the duck-since the name of the restaurant is the "Dirty Duck", I either would have not ordered it or just passed it on. I think Heather got her desired response out of the ladies. 

• Love 1

I can't bear Alex but...psst...sister friend, reconsider that highlighter cream around the ol' eye sockets.

I missed the first part of this: holy shit, the Vicki screeching.  I think next season, the other Hos need to travel with rank sweat socks and duct tape, and shove the socks in and tape her maw shut when she starts up.  It's intolerable.  She needs to shut the fuck up, now and forever. 

• Love 3

But who needs a nanny for a 10 or 12 year old? Once the kids go to school, who requires help unless you are dividing your time with work? I get having someone help clean the house or even help with meals, but taking care of the kids? Just strange to me.

Oh, it's very common. People need someone to be there to get the kids from school, drive them to their lessons, make dinner, clean, etc.  Moms have other plans and Dads a lot of time work, or vice versa.

• Love 2

Interesting. I have heard of folks having help for a while, when the children are very small or when they come in rapid succession. But who needs a nanny for a 10 or 12 year old? Once the kids go to school, who requires help unless you are dividing your time with work? I get having someone help clean the house or even help with meals, but taking care of the kids? Just strange to me.

I have someone come to clean my home every other week. I would give up every other luxury in my life before I would give this up, as it frees me up to spend time doing stuff with my kids and husband that I enjoy more. If I am working from my home office on the day she comes, which I often am, I always leave when she gets there so I am not at home while she is cleaning. This makes my husband laugh, but for some reason I am uncomfortable being there while she is doing something so domestic in my home. I cannot imagine watching someone else take care of my kids all the time if I had nothing else mandatory taking up my time. Then again, I couldn't imagine watching someone else routinely cooking dinner for my family in our kitchen. Clearly different strokes.

Yeah, I don't get their aversion to trying other food. Duck is not uncommon, and is a delicacy in many parts of the world. I can understand not being a fan of something, but why make such an icky face to try it?

It isn't like they are shoving the housewives into an episode of Bizarre Foods. These aren't friend scorpions or delicately cooked bull testicles. 

I don't fault Heather for not wanting to paint. I don't want to paint my own house, why would I want to paint a friend's? And it isn't as if Tamra is some young, poor, impoverished friend struggling to get by, she is making a decent income from the show and supposedly running a successful business. I think she can afford to hire someone (if not a licensed person, there are many unlicensed people willing to do a hard day's work, sadly, due to proximity to the border combined with this up and down economy). I agree with Vicki. "Let's have a party to scrub my toilets! There will be pizza!" I also call BS, because obviously Tamra herself wasn't even dressed to paint. 

But the rest of this was a snooze fest. I wish they had one secret revealed! 

• Love 4

Oh, it's very common. People need someone to be there to get the kids from school, drive them to their lessons, make dinner, clean, etc.  Moms have other plans and Dads a lot of time work, or vice versa.

Even if they don't work? What do they do with their time? I was a stay at home mom with 3 kids under 4 years old and I certainly didn't need help.

• Love 4

After all the high end vacations that the Housewives go on, showing the world how they really are the "Ugly Americans" Bravo should consider taking them to Disneyland, it's safe and you can get a plain hamburger in every part of that park.  Think of how much Vicki could woohoo on It's a Small World!

I am sad to know that Heather's nick name is Hedy, I have a dear friend with that name.

When I was married the first time I had a towel warmer in the master bath...second marriage, no warmer but sooo much better!

• Love 6

Yeah, I don't get their aversion to trying other food. Duck is not uncommon, and is a delicacy in many parts of the world. I can understand not being a fan of something, but why make such an icky face to try it?

It isn't like they are shoving the housewives into an episode of Bizarre Foods. These aren't friend scorpions or delicately cooked bull testicles.

I don't fault Heather for not wanting to paint. I don't want to paint my own house, why would I want to paint a friend's? And it isn't as if Tamra is some young, poor, impoverished friend struggling to get by, she is making a decent income from the show and supposedly running a successful business. I think she can afford to hire someone (if not a licensed person, there are many unlicensed people willing to do a hard day's work, sadly, due to proximity to the border combined with this up and down economy). I agree with Vicki. "Let's have a party to scrub my toilets! There will be pizza!" I also call BS, because obviously Tamra herself wasn't even dressed to paint.

But the rest of this was a snooze fest. I wish they had one secret revealed!

I wouldn't want to paint a friends home right after work either. And I can't blame Heather either. Even if not working. Why would I want to paint a friends home? Like you said, Tamra is not a young girl pinching pennies, trying to improve her little apartment.

I also can't blame anyone for having help (nannies, assistants, housekeepers) if you can afford it more power to you.

When I had my first 2 children, my my mom would hire someone for about 8 weeks. The woman would come in the afternoon do laundry clean and cook dinner. We would gradually move to once a week. Then after 6 months and I felt human again, I would go it alone.

I'm a control freak, I like doing things myself, so this was a big deal for me.

When I had my youngest son, my mom had already passed away. I did hire someone just as she would have. My mom always thought that it was important to just worry about myself and the baby those first few weeks. Believe it or not it also helped me be a little less controlling and be open to help.

My husband loved it. We could enjoy our children and not have the extra stress of cooking and cleaning. It's a great gift to a new mom.

I always felt lucky to have that gift. I wish more women could do it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

Work out, go shopping, get their nails done, non-profit work, etc.

I guess I could imagine someone doing that when the kids were young and at home (I cannot actually), but what about when they went to school everyday? Seems like a person could manage to work out and get their nails done before 3pm every day. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

Aww...seeing this I must tell you Lablover27 I always enjoy your posts - here and when on TWOP. :) A cyber hug to you for the years of entertainment. :)

I'm just catching up on the thread. I saw most of the ep but you guys are killing it with the commentary!! I'm only two pages in. I howled when Tamra said she didn't want the world to know she was crazy! Scrambled Fog -your "Heather" vocabulary to describe it - genius!!

Thanks!

Sometimes I use a thesaurus to find big words to substitute for smaller words. I'm hoping if Tamra lurks around these here parts, she feels like a useless git when she reads my posts.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 3
I guess I could imagine someone doing that when the kids were young and at home (I cannot actually), but what about when they went to school everyday? Seems like a person could manage to work out and get their nails done before 3pm every day.

Of course they could manage, but most people don't have to and don't want to.  Have you ever watched Real Housewives of New York City? The Countess LuAnne had a full-time nanny/babysitter and her children were practically teenagers.

• Love 2

Of course they could manage, but most people don't have to and don't want to. Have you ever watched Real Housewives of New York City? The Countess LuAnne had a full-time nanny/babysitter and her children were practically teenagers.

I did watch that. I always liked Lu, but that whole deal was always strange to me and made me give her the side-eye. The kids seemed bewildered about the situation as well.

On another parenting note, because it cannot be said enough with regard to Tamra and Simon and their custody battle:

Those poor kids.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1469077/rhoc-tamra-barney-has-heated-exchange-with-woman-in-court-during-custody-hearing/

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Any notice that the original accusation by Tamra towards Lizzie was that Lizzie said, "you are just jealous because Eddie wants to fuck me."  Then at the Reunion when Lizzie said, "you said you had too much to drink so how can you remember?"  Tamra then said, "you remember when someone said they want to fuck your husband."  I find it odd that Tamra makes such a big deal out of when she can't seem to keep her story straight.  I am leaning towards Tamra may be full of it.

Oh. Hookers. I was wondering how Brooks got enough people to sleep with him in order to qualify as a sex addict.

I wonder what the treatment consisted of?

I did watch that. I always liked Lu, but that whole deal was always strange to me and made me give her the side-eye. The kids seemed bewildered about the situation as well.

On another parenting note, because it cannot be said enough with regard to Tamra and Simon and their custody battle:

Those poor kids.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1469077/rhoc-tamra-barney-has-heated-exchange-with-woman-in-court-during-custody-hearing/

it is bad enough to get in an argument with a younger woman but why disparage nannies?  I think Tamra could have used a nanny when she was married to Simon.

• Love 2

Shannon and Heather McDonald are not sisters. Shannon DOES have a sister named Heather, but Heather Storms (no idea if she goes by a married name) is an attorney of some sort in Los Angeles. She is blonde and bears some resemblance to Heather McDonald, I think. One of the sites dedicated to covering the Housewives shows like AARH or Stoopid Housewives misidentified Heather Storms as Heather McDonald in one of their posts on Shannon after Tamra's tweet about the USC game; this is where the misinformation about Shannon and Heather McDonald being siblings originated.

The whole story exemplifies what Shannon must have been talking about vis-à-vis knowing numerous Heathers and thus using "Heather Dubrow" as a tool of distinction.

Regarding nannies, I'm not necessarily sure if I see the need for the multiple-member staffs these women seem to employ, but I do sort of understand why they individually might indulge in one. Lydia ostensibly worked part-time at her magazine and probably consulted on the art gallery she and Doug own. As for Alexis and Heather, aesthetic maintenance is important to the wherewithal of each for different reasons. Keeping in shape to the extent that they do after several children in one's late thirties/early forties would constitute a commitment of at least a couple of hours a day, I would imagine. When Alexis was first introduced, I think her opening montage included a spinning class with references to up to two workouts daily. However, I am rather perplexed about how the second nannies and personal assistants have enough work to keep themselves occupied.

• Love 2

Any notice that the original accusation by Tamra towards Lizzie was that Lizzie said, "you are just jealous because Eddie wants to fuck me." Then at the Reunion when Lizzie said, "you said you had too much to drink so how can you remember?" Tamra then said, "you remember when someone said they want to fuck your husband." I find it odd that Tamra makes such a big deal out of when she can't seem to keep her story straight. I am leaning towards Tamra may be full of it.

I wonder what the treatment consisted of?

it is bad enough to get in an argument with a younger woman but why disparage nannies? I think Tamra could have used a nanny when she was married to Simon.

Good catch about the exchange between Tamra and Lizzie.

Whatever Brooks' sex addiction treatment consisted of, I don't think it worked.

If I remember correctly, Tamra had 2 part-time nannies during her first season. If I also remember correctly, she said something about 2 part-time nannies being cheaper than one full-time nanny. This was the same time period Tamra would sleep 'til 10am and Simon got the kids ready for school.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

I guess I could imagine someone doing that when the kids were young and at home (I cannot actually), but what about when they went to school everyday? Seems like a person could manage to work out and get their nails done before 3pm every day.

My favorite part of my day.  Dropping Lil Miss Lablover off at school.  Eight hours of no bitching.  Mopping the floor is more fun than hearing her bitch that there are no Marie Callender's pot pies in the freezer.  Oh, and I love this one..."Don't go in my room!"  Then "Where's my top?" Who does she think puts her undies away?  Shaking head.

I should be taking tequila shots.  But no, I clean, I do the never ending wash (I sometimes cheat and just throw her once used towels in the dryer and fold them back up) and cook.  It's time for me to go back to work.  I'm horrified.  I do the husband's books at home though.  That doesn't take too long ;)  I volunteer as a trauma dispatcher too.  That's why I'm on here a lot.  Stress relief and giggles.

I don't have their money so I guess they are busy shopping?  Must be nice.  I do remember one time Heather said she was picking up her son from pop warner practice.  My boys played pop warner so I remembered that.  Wonder what their year end ceremony is like?  Chocolate covered trophies with bows and a model of the new smansion.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 6

My favorite part of my day.  Dropping Lil Miss Lablover off at school.  Eight hours of no bitching.  Mopping the floor is more fun than hearing her bitch that there are no Marie Callender's pot pies in the freezer.  Oh, and I love this one..."Don't go in my room!"  Then "Where's my top?" Who does she think puts her undies away?  Shaking head.

I should be taking tequila shots.  But no, I clean, I do the never ending wash (I sometimes cheat and just throw her once used towels in the dryer and fold them back up) and cook.  It's time for me to go back to work.  I'm horrified.  I do the husband's books at home though.  That doesn't take too long ;)  I volunteer as a trauma dispatcher too.  That's why I'm on here a lot.  Stress relief and giggles.

I don't have their money so I guess they are busy shopping?  Must be nice.  I do remember one time Heather said she was picking up her son from pop warner practice.  My boys played pop warner so I remembered that.  Wonder what their year end ceremony is like?  Chocolate covered trophies with bows and a model of the new smansion.

I'm with you LabLover.  My favorite part of the day is when they go to school.  And my favorite day of the year is the first day of school.  When my kids were younger I would get on the bus and hug the bus drivers neck, I was so excited to see her in front of my house.  Since I work from home much of the time, summers have always been a basic nightmare for me.

I don't begrudge the ladies anything that makes them happy and works for their family. I hate the way women can sometimes make other women feel guilty for their choices. I have on more than one occasion had to explain how I can have job that keeps me on the road, including internationally, part of the month. It's more of the fact that I just don't understand it, which is probably the same as making a judgment, so shame on me. It's more about the fact that I missed my kids so much when I was not their primary caretaker (they are in their early 20's now) and struggle with these choices that makes it interesting to me that they can outsource so much. How often can someone lunch, or shop, or get their nails done? They have no housework to do, in the case of Heather have no meals to cook, and probably no laundry to keep up with. In the case of Shannon, she admits that she doesn't work out, and her husband is gone all day so she isn't with him.  She had a nanny on the clock when she was getting the girls ready for the cotillion in the evening, and needed her help to find one of the girls tights. It is just a total what the fuck situation for me. 

• Love 4

Shannon and Heather McDonald are not sisters. Shannon DOES have a sister named Heather, but Heather Storms (no idea if she goes by a married name) is an attorney of some sort in Los Angeles. She is blonde and bears some resemblance to Heather McDonald, I think. One of the sites dedicated to covering the Housewives shows like AARH or Stoopid Housewives misidentified Heather Storms as Heather McDonald in one of their posts on Shannon after Tamra's tweet about the USC game; this is where the misinformation about Shannon and Heather McDonald being siblings originated.

The whole story exemplifies what Shannon must have been talking about vis-à-vis knowing numerous Heathers and thus using "Heather Dubrow" as a tool of distinction.

Regarding nannies, I'm not necessarily sure if I see the need for the multiple-member staffs these women seem to employ, but I do sort of understand why they individually might indulge in one. Lydia ostensibly worked part-time at her magazine and probably consulted on the art gallery she and Doug own. As for Alexis and Heather, aesthetic maintenance is important to the wherewithal of each for different reasons. Keeping in shape to the extent that they do after several children in one's late thirties/early forties would constitute a commitment of at least a couple of hours a day, I would imagine. When Alexis was first introduced, I think her opening montage included a spinning class with references to up to two workouts daily. However, I am rather perplexed about how the second nannies and personal assistants have enough work to keep themselves occupied.

I always thought of Camille Grammer and her intro with four nannies for her two children.  Later she revealed that she only had two at a time-which made sense and only travelled with two.  I think with the really wealthy if they have children of the opposite sex or there are a few years between the children they go to a one on one with the nannies.  With some of these women I think it is probably beneficial to the child to be around hopefully more intelligent, grounded individuals.  Apparently, Heather used her nanny/assistant to look up naughty sex terms for party games.

I will say when my twins were young and I had a helper many times I used the time to treat myself to having lunch with my husband or just take a nap after being up all night or going to the gym.  Grocery shopping is also much simpler solo.  It is also nice to take a helper on trips so you can have a little adult dinner.

I think much of what we see is perhaps a little exaggerated for the viewers.  Although these women with their 10,000 ++ square foot homes it does take some time and effort to keep things together.  I also noticed when Terry and Heather were out to dinner with the kids and the nanny arrived on the scene to whisk the kids away. Heather said we have two cars here-yep because the nanny came with you and helped managed the kids until Terry got there and she was taken off camera.  I am guessing the school age children's nannies day begin when the children are picked up from school. 

• Love 2

Lizzie talking about how everyone in her family is overachievers and you know, her cashflow poor bikinis.  And then they flash over to her simpleton husband who looks like he struggles to put together a coherent sentence.  Her dad may be all Harvard/Yale but sorry honey, you are no brainiac. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

I don't really have a problem with women (or men) that don't work and SAH parents having help...be it cleaning, or assistance caring for the kids. Perhaps they are going to kids sports or events. Or out for dinner or a ball game with their SO or friends, or working late, out of town....etc.

But in my day they were called babysitters. Even if not sitting babies.

I always love it when celebrities appear on talk shows and are asked - HOW ON EARTH DO YOU MANAGE WITH KIDS? - and they nicely answer something like it takes a village, or I'm lucky to have help.

Not that I have a problem with full time nannies....just admit it graciously.

• Love 7

Lizzie talking about how everyone in her family is overachievers and you know, her cashflow poor bikinis.  And then they flash over to her simpleton husband who looks like he struggles to put together a coherent sentence.  Her dad may be all Harvard/Yale but sorry honey, you are no brainiac. 

In the world of 10,000 square foot homes I kind of felt sorry for Lizzie's family having to stand up to eat.  The food looked good though.

• Love 2

When I had my first 2 children, my my mom would hire someone for about 8 weeks. The woman would come in the afternoon do laundry clean and cook dinner. We would gradually move to once a week. Then after 6 months and I felt human again, I would go it alone.

My mom always thought that it was important to just worry about myself and the baby those first few weeks. Believe it or not it also helped me be a little less controlling and be open to help.

My husband loved it. We could enjoy our children and not have the extra stress of cooking and cleaning. It's a great gift to a new mom.

Your mom sounds awesome.

Topic?  I got nothin'.  I DVR'd all 3 segments of the reunion yet I have zero interest in watching them in entirety. I'm enjoying your recaps, though.

• Love 6

Coco got a one-two punch from her parents. Not only does her dad call her a bitch on national TV but her mom defends him when questioned later. What kind of a mother does that? Oh yeah, one who hands her kids' schedules off to the nannies and goes shopping all day. Even their kids are just accessories to the Dubrow Image™

It's so ironic that Terry was pulling the "hollaback" construction shit when he calls his own daughter a bitch.

• Love 7

The discussion on childcare assistance reminds me of an interesting book and attendant controversy from a couple of years back entitled To Hell with All That: Loving and Loathing Your Inner Housewife by Caitlin Flanagan. It's a hybrid of cultural criticism and memoir. The author inspired a lot of fury by making some unpopular but provocative (as well as inconsistent) points, her essential thesis being that "having it all" is functionally a myth in specific respects. Because she effectively championed stay-at-home motherhood but revealed half-way through the book that she employed a nanny for young twins (whose duties per one anecdote included cleaning up the children when they were ill so the author could focus on trying to cheer them up by making comical faces), she caught even more outrage and backlash. Most of the essays are available on The Atlantic website for free. They're very well written but (obviously) aggressive in their ideology/school of thought.

I feel so much second-hand embarrassment for Alex McCord in those videos.

Because I don't believe she is possessed of enough self-awareness to be embarrassed herself, I just feel distaste.

• Love 4
I feel so much second-hand embarrassment for Alex McCord in those videos.

Me too.  I've been the one posting her vids.  Sorry to those who hate her.  I find her vids interesting for maybe a minute or so, but I never end up finishing watching.  Alex is basically harmless.  She does take herself awfully seriously tho, doesn't she?

• Love 6

I am fascinated with her teeth.  Didn't she wear a full set of braces for a while?  It looks like her upper arch is starting to get really narrow and crowded again - just like it was in her first couple seasons of RHONY. It's affecting her speech. 

Let Alex be the cautionary tale for why you should keep wearing your retainer, kids.

• Love 4

Me too.  I've been the one posting her vids.  Sorry to those who hate her.  I find her vids interesting for maybe a minute or so, but I never end up finishing watching.  Alex is basically harmless.  She does take herself awfully seriously tho, doesn't she?

I appreciate you posting the links because I forget.  When Alex is talking about casting, budgeting, production tricks I think she does a fine job.  When she starts pontificating about who will return. . .she begins to lose me.   I also think she needs to pay attention to who the viewers like.  She got blasted for skipping over Part 1 of the RHOC Reunion.  She doesn't like Shannon or David or apparently their marriage so she just blew it off.  She is however trying to court favor with Heather and Tamra so she steps lightly about those two.

I am fascinated with her teeth.  Didn't she wear a full set of braces for a while?  It looks like her upper arch is starting to get really narrow and crowded again - just like it was in her first couple seasons of RHONY. It's affecting her speech. 

Let Alex be the cautionary tale for why you should keep wearing your retainer, kids.

I think she had some major gum surgery-she had Monica Lewinski gums sans presidential DNA remnants.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I am fascinated by the fact that she needs to read from a script. She should just be able to bang this shit out from the top of her head. It isn't rocket science. She is so awkward, and this coming from someone who actually liked her on the show.

• Love 3

II think she had some major gum surgery-she had Monica Lewinski comes sans presidential DNA remnants.

I'm assuming there's a typo here.  We're not sure if Monica Lewinsky ever came.  The evidence was all from Bill.  

I'll let myself out . . . . 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 8
When Alex is talking about casting, budgeting, production tricks I think she does a fine job.  When she starts pontificating about who will return. . .she begins to lose me.

Yup, my biggest prob with her is she's not funny -- or even especially much fun to watch.  Too bad Brian Moylan only does recaps for NY Ho'wives.  He's awesome.  Or that gal who does the Keeping It Real column for the Jewish Journal..  I like her cuz she drinks when she watches this crap.  Oh that's a definite plus.

So no mention of Gretchie poo.  So if they're itching to dump Lizzie, and they can't find anyone else, any chance they'd bring on Gretchie & Slade?  I say, not likely.  Well, say the producers lost their minds & did bring 'em back, they'd realize pretty quickly absolutely nothing has changed with Gretchie & Slade.  Still living their lives in complete & total & utter bullshit.  Um, nah, it ain't gonna happen.  Check in with Gretchie 20 years from now & she'll still be talking bout being engaged to Slade & wanting to have babies.  Ugh.

• Love 4

Your mom sounds awesome.

Topic? I got nothin'. I DVR'd all 3 segments of the reunion yet I have zero interest in watching them in entirety. I'm enjoying your recaps, though.

She was an amazing woman! Sadly, she passed away 10 years ago. I miss her everyday. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Okay I don't quite know where to put this latest story. . . Tamra and Lauri looking for redemption on Brooks back?

http://www.allabouttrh.com/lauri-peterson-hopes-vicki-gunvalson-can-now-see-never-lying-brooks-ayers/#comment-1648810

So Lauri is claiming she did the right thing by passing on some porn actress (who is a friend of her daughter's) claim that  Brooks dated??, threw a lot of money around at her while playing poker.  Because after all that is what every woman what's to hear about her boyfriend from an enemy of TV. 

Tamra piles on because it involves the word liar.  Somehow this story about Brooks means she wasn't lying-in spite of the fact she got caught lying on TV.

I think it is a given Brooks is a cad and further that Vicki knows he is a cad.  What is it about don't talk about my boyfriend does Tamra not understand?

Well they have their Seaason 10, Lauri and Tamra vs. Vicki.  Ho-hum just a little too contrived for me.

• Love 2

. Aviva, Camille, Heather, Shannon. None of these gals work full time yet all seem to need a Nanny. Makes no sense to me.

Excuse me, Camille had four ROTATING nannies (so she never had to be alone with the kids). 'Rotating' was her word. One of my all-time favorite HW quotes!

• Love 2

Excuse me, Camille had four ROTATING nannies (so she never had to be alone with the kids). 'Rotating' was her word. One of my all-time favorite HW quotes!

Hahahaha.  Rotating so that they don't get together and spill the tea.  That WAS funny.  I always hated it when she would say "um, but" after every insult during the first season.  She did that at the dinner from hell with psychic (who totally missed the call). 

Hahahaha.  Rotating so that they don't get together and spill the tea.  That WAS funny.  I always hated it when she would say "um, but" after every insult during the first season.  She did that at the dinner from hell with psychic (who totally missed the call).

Wait - I don't know what you mean - can you give an example? Preferably one involving Alison DuBois and her e-cigarette!

Season 1 Camille - reality tv gold.

Okay I don't quite know where to put this latest story. . . Tamra and Lauri looking for redemption on Brooks back?

http://www.allabouttrh.com/lauri-peterson-hopes-vicki-gunvalson-can-now-see-never-lying-brooks-ayers/#comment-1648810

So Lauri is claiming she did the right thing by passing on some porn actress (who is a friend of her daughter's) claim that  Brooks dated??, threw a lot of money around at her while playing poker.  Because after all that is what every woman what's to hear about her boyfriend from an enemy of TV. 

Tamra piles on because it involves the word liar.  Somehow this story about Brooks means she wasn't lying-in spite of the fact she got caught lying on TV.

I think it is a given Brooks is a cad and further that Vicki knows he is a cad.  What is it about don't talk about my boyfriend does Tamra not understand?

Well they have their Seaason 10, Lauri and Tamra vs. Vicki.  Ho-hum just a little too contrived for me.

Laurie is so dumb. For her to even try to trot out the defense that she was just looking out for Vicki is silly. Besides, that wasn't why Vicki was ultimately mad at Laurie. It was the other stuff Laurie was saying about Vicki that pissed her off.

Tamra should keep her mouth shut. She cannot win by reminding folks that she was right about Brooks and that Vicki is silly, stupid, and wrong. Regardless, I do think there are times when these people are just human and I can understand the need to poke (although I hope I wouldn't) a little bit. Vicki just sat on a stage a couple of months ago and said Brooks was wonderful, that he wouldn't hurt her, that she loved him and he made her happy. She yelled at Tamra when she said that he wasn't good enough for Vicki. It would be hard to not point this out.

• Love 3

I love how Heather hides her nannies, yet we never see her interacting with her kids unless they are taking them out to dinner and then her shooing them off with the nannies when the kids melt down.  I guess it is good she keeps her kids off tv, but there is no fun family time with these families.  Any of them.  Whether by design or whether IRL who knows.

I had au pairs for 4-5 years and didn't work from the time I had my 3rd baby until my fourth was 2 or 3.  Economically it was cheap.  They lived in and worked 35 hours a week, their schedule was flexible.  I had commitments/places to go. I mainly had them so I wasn't constantly waking up a baby and throwing it in a car while I ran other kids around to various practices/activities, pre-school and elementary school pickups, volunteer meetings, school meetings, ccd meetings etc.  We took them on vacations with us & they became part of the family.  It was great.  A luxury for sure.  They folded and put away the kids clothes, emptied the dishwasher.  Helped cook the kids dinner.  Oversaw playdates.  Stayed home during naps.  We lived in a town where kids were involved in tons of activities, so I was constantly taking kids places.  They could stay home with the others.  Most days we were home together with the kids doing things together and if I didn't need her, she was free to do whatever she wanted.  There were quite a few in our town.  Other non-working women had women babysitters come in 2 or 3 days a week either full or 1/2 day to watch their kids.  It was very common for non-working women to have help of some sort before all their kids were in school full time.

• Love 2

I love how Heather hides her nannies, yet we never see her interacting with her kids unless they are taking them out to dinner and then her shooing them off with the nannies when the kids melt down.  I guess it is good she keeps her kids off tv, but there is no fun family time with these families.  Any of them.  Whether by design or whether IRL who knows.

We saw Heather interact with her kids as much as anyone. Saw the deal with the puppies, which looked like good times to me. Saw the kids get all excited because there would be a chef and therefore edible food (her kids were adorable in their enthusiasm), saw them watch Heather's show, saw them making some type of a holiday treat for Valentine's Day at school, saw the Holiday pictures. It doesn't seem like she doesn't film with them or hides them. Bravo decides what we see.

• Love 1

Laurie is so dumb. For her to even try to trot out the defense that she was just looking out for Vicki is silly. Besides, that wasn't why Vicki was ultimately mad at Laurie. It was the other stuff Laurie was saying about Vicki that pissed her off.

Tamra should keep her mouth shut. She cannot win by reminding folks that she was right about Brooks and that Vicki is silly, stupid, and wrong. Regardless, I do think there are times when these people are just human and I can understand the need to poke (although I hope I wouldn't) a little bit. Vicki just sat on a stage a couple of months ago and said Brooks was wonderful, that he wouldn't hurt her, that she loved him and he made her happy. She yelled at Tamra when she said that he wasn't good enough for Vicki. It would be hard to not point this out.

If you are an asshole maybe.

• Love 1