Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

I couldn't tell whether painter boy was straight or gay.  I thought he was straight.  Was he a stripper actually?  I'm confused.  Anyhoo, he was nice to look so that's all that matters -- at least as to why Heather had him there, right?  And he did make Vick have a hot flash.  Well, after get it from Brooksie, who could blame her?

You couldn't? Do straight guys wear shirts like that? I suppose he was attractive in the very abstract but he was far from sexy IMO.

The only "secret" that I got out of this lame episode is that some day Brooks will claim legal ownership to Vicki's house even though he doesn't own it and/or didn't contribute to its purchase.  And I doubt anyone other than Vicki will be surprised when that happens.

This is hysterical.  He described it as if it were the Gospel. 

• Love 5

I couldn't tell whether painter boy was straight or gay.  I thought he was straight.  Was he a stripper actually?  I'm confused.  Anyhoo, he was nice to look so that's all that matters -- at least as to why Heather had him there, right?  And he did make Vick have a hot flash.  Well, after get it from Brooksie, who could blame her?

He is an actor.  Zachary Staben. 

What exactly is a motorcade? From the pictures it looked like they were referring to a large parking area outside their house.

I think she, heather, master of the English language meant to say Motor Court. 

• Love 5

Coco got a one-two punch from her parents. Not only does her dad call her a bitch on national TV but her mom defends him when questioned later. What kind of a mother does that? Oh yeah, one who hands her kids' schedules off to the nannies and goes shopping all day. Even their kids are just accessories to the Dubrow Image™

• Love 11
Do straight guys wear shirts like that?

Well, every pic I ever see of Joe Manganiello, Matthew McConaughey, Channing Tatum & that guy Lea Michelle is now going with -- they all are wearing that shirt.  And they're all straight.  And practically every guy in every gym everywhere wears that shirt.  And zillion of guys on college campuses throughout the world wear that same exact shirt Painter Boy was wearing.  Are they all gay?  Let's not enter Vicki territory and make assumptions & judgements on what gay men look like, please.

I suppose he was attractive in the very abstract but he was far from sexy IMO.

He certainly seemed to get a reaction from Vick & Tams.  I was more curious what Heather thought of him or is she just one big block of ice, as I've always suspected.  Actually, I was just glad not to have to watch ear humping.  Painting is OK.  Ear humping -- that I can live without seeing, thank you.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

Brooks and Vicki were talking about Vicki buying a house, him moving in and paying rent and her giving him a lease agreement.  Then he said something about "and if we sell the house a few years down the line ... I'm not paying rent for nothing, and we'll share the investment", at which point Vicki gave him a "ya think so?" look.

BWAHHHH!!! And they say Todd from ATL was an opportunist, but at least he was marrying Kandi and he did sign a prenup. Brooks wants a percentage and all he is doing is filling up a love tank every once and a while and getting free teeth. My guess is he is proposing that he isn't paying rent but his payment should go towards being considered putting equity into the house translating into an ownership stake and if the house is sold whatever amounts he contributed as 'rent' would be turned into a calculated percentage which he would be entitled to at closing.  If I could advise Vicki on one thing it would be not to do this. I just don't trust him. Hell, if Vicki lets his ass move in for free I can see him being the type to claim squatter's rights when it came time to kick his ass out or even claim some type of palimony when they inevitably break up. Brooks is that bitch!

Can't with the DuBrows. Heather and Terry probably look at their property value estimates on zillow and compare them to their friends and the poors as foreplay to get in the mood. Their children were probably conceived on a pile of construction blue prints. How can a piece of land and a pile of cement be your end and be all when you have children and purportedly a loving spouse? Not saying a house isn't important. I don't doubt that most people have an idea of what their dream house will look like. Hell, I've got an account at Houzz with my fave looks that I go to and dream and say 'some day.' So I don't begrudge Heather and Terry taking joy in what they created. It is a feat most people don't get to accomplish once let alone twice. However, speaking for myself, when I picture my dream house, it usually centers around not only the aesthetics but the potential ways my family will use it and the memories we will create there. I think about having a chalkboard wall in my kitchen, the holiday dinners I will host for friends and family. Not to mention dinner parties and background BBQs. What floor plan would be most conducive to fun and happy family gatherings. Where the family X-mas tree will be put. I think about what kind of staircase I want - one that is kid safe but also will look nice when decorated with garland and I can see them running down the step to go to school or rush down on X-mas day to open their presents. I just can't fathom being only misty eyed about the building itself and not even take into consideration the occupants and/or the memories/activities that actually make residing in the house worth living.  The Dubrows sole consideration  of what happiness and self fulfillment is seems to be 'being the Joneses.' They want to be the object of envy. Full stop! I don't think they care if they are comfortable in the house or suits their and their children style of living only that it is bigger than everyone else's, more expensive with the grandest materials & features. FULL. STOP. They look around to see what everyone else in their set has and try to outdo them. 

Does anyone think here that Heather is a super involved mom/parent? I don't think Heather is as hands off as Tamra alluded to (who said Heather's idea of taking care of her kids is writing out a list for the nanny's) but I do wonder with the nanny's and chef what she does most of the day. Last season with the Terry isn't supportive BS she sorta played that she was doing it all on her own with no help from Terry and I balked at that. Especially after Heather's 1st season when she I got he opposite impression, meaning Heather came off as a delegator. So I don't know which it is.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8

I was half watching this online whilst doing other stuff, but did I hear this right? 

Brooks and Vicki were talking about Vicki buying a house, him moving in and paying rent and her giving him a lease agreement.  Then he said something about "and if we sell the house a few years down the line ... I'm not paying rent for nothing, and we'll share the investment", at which point Vicki gave him a "ya think so?" look.

Does he really think that being someone's lodger entitles him to a windfall when the landlord sells the property? Seriously? For God's sake, Vicki, don't put a ring on it, you'll end up broker than Sonja Morgan when he's done with you.

I wonder how long it took Briana and Ryan to call an attorney after they learned of this.  Brooks is a serious threat to their Inheritance.

• Love 2

It was very strange indeed. It would have been one thing if Vicki would have trotted that old excuse about how she doesn't know if she can commit to Brooks because of the whole dynamic with Brianna. Instead she says - right in front of Brooks - that if she finds a man who treats her better and has more character, then Brooks is out. Sounds kind of like she is saying that she doesn't know if Brooks is good enough for her. Tamra says it and she is the most terrible person in the world.

Someone upthread said this earlier, and said it well. The thing with Tamra is that she is for the most part a terrible person. There are examples of this. The problem this season is that they picked silly reasons to be mad at her. Vicki has no reason to be all up in arms about anything that Tamra said about Brooks. Lizzie and her ridiculous issues with the birthday party are just stupid. If they are ever going to take down Tamra, they are going to need something more to use.  What they will need is Heather. She could do it, and after hearing what Tamra said about Heather and the nannies, if Heather is not pissed I would be stunned. Tamra treated Heather far worse this year than she treated anyone else - I don't even think it is close as the matter of fact. I am hoping that Heather comes back just to be the one to make Tamra squirm, but I don't think she will do it. 

Eh, regarding the Brooks/Tamra/Vicki situation, if I want to tell someone Mr. Persnickety is an asswipe, that's my prerogative...but if somebody else were to call him that, I'd be pissed off, too.  Especially if that person had been going on trips with us and pretending everything was cool but then trying to color others' opinions of him.  He might be an asswipe, but he's my asswipe.

I just think it's just one of those "off limits" topics, even between the best of friends.  

I got the impression Vicki was more upset with the fact Tamra was acting like things were cool to her and Brooks, yet planting seeds of doubt in the new women before they had a chance to size him up themselves and form their own opinions.  

I'm giving Vicki a pass on being pissed off about this.  I'd probably be pissed off, too, in her position (which is a position I'd like to think I'd never be in but never say never).

Regarding the Heather and Tamra situation, I'm so disappointed Andy didn't delve further into Heather eavesdropping to hear Tamra describing the stick Heather always has up her ass....with her overhearing it right before she decided to give Eddie a heads-up about Tamra's desire to have another kid.  That could have made for some interesting conversation.

I think Tamra has more than a shovelful of dirt on the Dubrows.  As you said, Heather should have been miffed at the comment about her parenting consisting of handing a schedule to the nanny....Had Shannon said that, I'm sure Heather would still be white-knuckling a grudge over it.

Combined with that comment that elicited a lack of reaction from Heather and the entire "anorexia" comment which made Heather (I believe legitimately) well up with tears, I think Heather may be afraid to engage Tamra too directly for fear of Tamra unlocking that little Pandora's box full of Dubrow skeletons.

Ye gads, I overslept today and still require massive amounts of caffeine to reach a functional level.  I hope the above makes sense.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13

I normally roll my eyes at Heather's pretentiousness, but I got a good chuckle out of her hiring a guy to come paint Tamball's walls for her. That was pretty darn funny. But I don't understand how Heather can be friends with Tamra after hearing her basically say that the extent of Mrs. Prissy Pant's parenting is making lists for nannies. I can put up with a lot from friends, but insult my parenting? No way. Tamra must really have Heather's skeletons on lock. Their friendship makes no sense otherwise. 

Heather can lose me with brushing off Terry calling Coco a "bitch" - no, not everyone passes their significant other in the hall and uses an expletive in reference to their child. I never have. But regardless, that is NOT what happened. This wasn't the case of two frustrated parents trying to get an unruly child to bed and cursing in a moment of frustration. This was Ms. Terry sitting around with a group of friends, on national TV, trying to be funny and making his daughter the brunt of his stupid joke. Not cool. 

And how typical of Heather to give Terry a photobook not of their family, their children, memories of places they've been over the years - no, it's a photobook of their fabulous houses. So they can reminisce about staircases, bathrooms, and balconies....and just how filthy rich they are. 

Tamra - "I know I'm crazy. I don't need the public to know I'm crazy". Bitch, that ship has sailed. 

And I can picture him in that same setting, amongst a group of friends (but without the cameras) talking in such derogatory terms about his patients...snide comments glossed over with an attempt at humor.  He just strikes me as that kind of guy, turning his patients' foibles into distasteful anecdotes for his own and others' amusement.  

He was way too eager in indulge in the gossip and speculation about Alexis during the 80's bunco party...I've given him the side-eye ever since that debacle.  

• Love 13

About the Brooks getting a percentage when the house is sold thing, I have actually heard of that before.  

Say a couple moves in together for whatever reason, they love each other, but don't necessarily want to be tied to the same property, in case things don't work.  One person is not the owner and pays a sort of rent to the other, but meanwhile they are paying into ownership of the house.  If things don't work out, then the non owner gets back a small percentage of the "rent" they paid or any maintenance or upgrades they made to the house.  It is arranged so one person isn't putting money into someone else's investment, and isn't totally boned if the relationship doesn't work.  I know that is what happens when you rent, but it does change things when you're in a relationship, you probably wouldn't remodel/repair a rented propriety like you would a place you live with with your significant other.  

I know I am not explaining it well, because I don't know the exact way its done legally, but I have heard of a few people who have done something like that.

I can see why someone would bristle at the arrangement, but I think it kind of does make sense. Since a lot of people are living together now without marriage, and people are becoming financially aware, I could see this becoming a thing.

• Love 5

It was very strange indeed. It would have been one thing if Vicki would have trotted that old excuse about how she doesn't know if she can commit to Brooks because of the whole dynamic with Brianna. Instead she says - right in front of Brooks - that if she finds a man who treats her better and has more character, then Brooks is out. Sounds kind of like she is saying that she doesn't know if Brooks is good enough for her. Tamra says it and she is the most terrible person in the world.

Someone upthread said this earlier, and said it well. The thing with Tamra is that she is for the most part a terrible person. There are examples of this. The problem this season is that they picked silly reasons to be mad at her. Vicki has no reason to be all up in arms about anything that Tamra said about Brooks. Lizzie and her ridiculous issues with the birthday party are just stupid. If they are ever going to take down Tamra, they are going to need something more to use.  What they will need is Heather. She could do it, and after hearing what Tamra said about Heather and the nannies, if Heather is not pissed I would be stunned. Tamra treated Heather far worse this year than she treated anyone else - I don't even think it is close as the matter of fact. I am hoping that Heather comes back just to be the one to make Tamra squirm, but I don't think she will do it. 

I think the scenes that made Tamra appear to be a  terrible person and were the most serious breaches of decency and friendship involved Shannon.  She betrayed her trust, lied about it, exaggerated the nature of the e-mail (said they were divorcing), continually referenced her drinking too much including at the Reunion (with no one backing Tamra up), repeatedly called her crazy, set her up at Lizzie's to look like a liar and then repeatedly called her husband a flirt-just to rub it in a bit at the Reunion.  In the end I do think  Shannon took her down a bit but Tamra did that last ditch effort to say how sweet Shannon was and didn't have a mean bone in her body.  Now in the off-season when no one is defending Tamra she goes after Shannon again and claims all we saw was a grand plan by Shannon in the beginning.  I don't think any of these were silly reasons.

I disagree about Tamra treating Heather far worse than anybody.  I think Lizzie and Shannon would agree they got some pretty harsh words out of Tamra.  Tamra really never goes below the belt with Heather.  Heather won't mind the nannies comment because it much like Fancy Pants is just another feather in their pretention cap.  Let's face it Heather defends her husband when he calls one of the nanny's charges a bitch.

As to Vicki and her issues with Brooks, Tamra needs to butt out.  Eddie maybe could have done better than a twice divorced, mother of four, former mental patient with an adult son with huge issues, dropping a bundle on court ordered therapy and attorney fees.  Tamra would lose her mind if Vicki or anyone were to say that or if anyone were to say Eddie married Tamra so he could quit is job and run around in Spandex all day, ride his bike and get his mortgage paid for and free trips.  My opinion of Brooks is I think he and Vicki are made for each other.  He tolerates about 75% of her massive ego, accepts the fact that her daughter's best friend is her mother and as such has to constantly be in her life and away from home.   For any reality star and especially one in the RH genre, they have to accept someone that will film and be subject to the infamous editing, rumor mongering, having their life dissected and being thrown in with a group of strangers.  I don't think most men in the 55-70 year age group that are successful and comfortable with their life would want to take on someone as high maintenance as Vicki or quite frankly as bossy as Vicki.  Brooks seems willing to be endlessly and very publicly humiliated year after year.

• Love 15

I think she, heather, master of the English language meant to say Motor Court. 

Oh, geez....and here, I thought his name was Sean....guess I was having a hot flash of my own (move over, Vicki!!!)   :-)

• Love 2

I can see what Brooks proposed as making sense but only if he and Vicki were each completely different people: Brooks recently, apparently, has a shady work history, no roots, a history of dodging his single most important financial responsibility (child support, where he got to the point of arrest), and was likely cheating (I doubt very much Vicki was able to find someone else to see, and back on TWoP, someone posted bits from the toofless one's FB account where he and some presumably legally blind, young women were posting sexxay messages to one another.)  This is not someone who can be trusted at all.  On the other hand, Vicki: she lied about 'spousal support' when the truth was 'Donn was entitled by law to recoup his investment in my MLM insurance business,' and she has tried again and again to buy love (the fur 'from Brooks,' the years of tension with Jeana about what Jeana was required to do as a realtor, which showed that Vicki did not live in reality and thought she could collect rent in a storage-type space as easily as a true residential space, and the manipulations she put on her kids.) 

So I think that could work and be a bridge between two people who want to be together and not marry, and that it IS an expression of love to help the person you love find financial stability -- but Vicki and Brooks aren't those people. 

Big props to describing the steel-oats quality of Vicki's face.  Ugh.  Ten years of injections and bragging about the SoCal look and lifestyle...yeah, sign me up if I too can have the glamtastic beauty of a Vicki or a Tamra.

• Love 5

When Heather presented the photo album at  "anniversary" dinner, I thought for a moment it might be a PG rated version of the album Yolanda from RHOBH gave her husband on a similar occasion-- maybe some glamour shots of her, honeymoon pics or cute photos of the kids.... and then, we find out the meaning of their life together,  the foundation of their family, their crowning achievement and their greatest love .... is their house. Their dumb house.  And there is Terry, gushing over it,  with tears shining in his eyes.  Is there anything else to say about the Dubrows?

THIS post sums up the Dubrows to a tee, times a million. Most.Shallow.People.Ever. They are absolutely repugnant.

Going along with this, Heather gushing about how she's the woman who likes to "pick out the paint colors", not have to physically paint a wall like some peasant would. Just a nasty, insufferable bitch that one.  

• Love 18

I think the scenes that made Tamra appear to be a  terrible person and were the most serious breaches of decency and friendship involved Shannon.  She betrayed her trust, lied about it, exaggerated the nature of the e-mail (said they were divorcing), continually referenced her drinking too much including at the Reunion (with no one backing Tamra up), repeatedly called her crazy, set her up at Lizzie's to look like a liar and then repeatedly called her husband a flirt-just to rub it in a bit at the Reunion.  In the end I do think  Shannon took her down a bit but Tamra did that last ditch effort to say how sweet Shannon was and didn't have a mean bone in her body.  Now in the off-season when no one is defending Tamra she goes after Shannon again and claims all we saw was a grand plan by Shannon in the beginning.  I don't think any of these were silly reasons.

I disagree about Tamra treating Heather far worse than anybody.  I think Lizzie and Shannon would agree they got some pretty harsh words out of Tamra.  Tamra really never goes below the belt with Heather.  Heather won't mind the nannies comment because it much like Fancy Pants is just another feather in their pretention cap.  Let's face it Heather defends her husband when he calls one of the nanny's charges a bitch.

I tend to judge things like this based on the relationship involved.  It is more serious to cheat on your wife than a gal you have gone out with a time or two, etc.  Tamra and Heather have been friends for a few years. Heather has done nothing ever to Tamra. Ever. Tamra started bad mouthing Heather on the very first episode. Talked about how she thought she was better than everyone else, how obnoxious she was. At first she did this with Vicki, which was OK, because Vicki is as shitty of a friend as Tamra is (which is why they have been together so long and cannot seem to quit each other) so of course they are going to be shitty friends together.  Then she was saying things about Heather to Shannon at her first dinner party. Talking about her behind her back, flipping her off. She talks about Heather again at great length when they all went to the Salon that day, and again with Shannon and Vicki at their Thanksgiving dinner. Then she basically accuses her of trying to sabotage their C*** Fitness by not promoting them on the damn TV show when they were at the Christmas Party. This was so crazy to me, and looked very much like Tamra was trying to nail Heather for something. She talked about it with Heather first, supposedly cleared the air and made up with her, then went into the next room and started bitching about Heather again, this time to Shannon, Danielle and Lizzie. Lastly, if you are to believe Shannon - and most people seem to believe Shannon - she said that she didn't want her in her wedding, and revealed that she had an eating disorder. Sorry, but the whole eating disorder (whether true or not, Heather looked extremely hurt) reveal is worse than anything anyone said about Shannon's marriage. Shannon showed us her marriage week after week. There was no secret here ever. Any talk about Heather and an eating disorder came from Tamra saying something to Shannon, and Shannon telling the world (funny how few folks seemed to think it was wrong of Shannon to have revealed something like this on National TV).  

Yes, Tamra was a bitch to Shannon and did things that were wrong. No question about it (although I don't think the initial reveal was that big of a deal. She really did seem to be trying to get Heather to have some sympathy for Shannon).  She shouldn't have done any of those things but to me it is much worse to do terrible things to someone who is supposed to be your very good friend. 

• Love 1

Does anyone think here that Heather is a super involved mom/parent? I don't think Heather is as hands off as Tamra alluded to (who said Heather's idea of taking care of her kids is writing out a list for the nanny's) but I do wonder with the nanny's and chef what she does most of the day. Last season with the Terry isn't supportive BS she sorta played that she was doing it all on her own with no help from Terry and I balked at that. Especially after Heather's 1st season when she I got he opposite impression, meaning Heather came off as a delegator. So I don't know which it is.

Perhaps Terry was slacking on his delegation duties?  After all, there is so much delegation in a homestead that large (give me a moment while I fight back the tears over the glory of their dual staircases) that Heather could not be expected to handle it all on her own.  She needed delegation assistance.  

• Love 2

When "Hedy" shyly handed Terry that gift I thought, "another nudie pictorial" a la Melissa of Jersey or Yolanda of BH. Then she started tearing up and I thought, "Awwww, it's a photo album of their life together. Wedding, births, anniversaries. How sweet." Then he opened it and lo and behold, we get real estate shots of their mammoth monstrosity. Both Terry and "Hedy" tear up and act as if they are seeing God Himself. Unbelievable. These two are irredeemable.

EXACTLY!

That scene just left me cold. I would not want to know these people.

• Love 8

And looking at his Twitter, it looks like he's straight, so I guess some female viewers will now be OK with being attracted to him, eh?  After that awful shit with the Mexican strippers, I thought he was a refreshing (and surprisingly low key) change for this group, so I can't believe I'm actually sorta grateful to Heather for hiring him -- or did the production peeps do dat?

Thanks Tams -- for letting us in on how Heather really is as a mother.  I'm not necessarily making a judgement call on her as a mother.  But we didn't really know the true deal bout her in that area.  And she was certainly being misleading.  There was a time when she was kinda hiding she even had a nanny.  Making lists & ordering around her 600 nannies -- now that makes more sense.  That I can believe bout Heather as a mother.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

As to Vicki and her issues with Brooks, Tamra needs to butt out.  Eddie maybe could have done better than a twice divorced, mother of four, former mental patient with an adult son with huge issues, dropping a bundle on court ordered therapy and attorney fees.  Tamra would lose her mind if Vicki or anyone were to say that or if anyone were to say Eddie married Tamra so he could quit is job and run around in Spandex all day, ride his bike and get his mortgage paid for and free trips.  My opinion of Brooks is I think he and Vicki are made for each other.  He tolerates about 75% of her massive ego, accepts the fact that her daughter's best friend is her mother and as such has to constantly be in her life and away from home.   For any reality star and especially one in the RH genre, they have to accept someone that will film and be subject to the infamous editing, rumor mongering, having their life dissected and being thrown in with a group of strangers.  I don't think most men in the 55-70 year age group that are successful and comfortable with their life would want to take on someone as high maintenance as Vicki or quite frankly as bossy as Vicki.  Brooks seems willing to be endlessly and very publicly humiliated year after year.

I agree with your summation about Brooks and Vicki.

She's known him long enough to be aware of his (what we viewers deem to be) sketchy ways and appears to have justified them to herself or at least learned to navigate around them.  She's holding her own with him.  

Also, considering the fact Vicki looked much better this year (more relaxed and less stressed) and her demeanor for the most part seemed much more tranquil, I'm going to have to assume a lot of that may be due to her being content with her life, a large part of that life involving Brooks.

As long as he's making Vicki happy, that's really all that should matter to people such as Tamra.  

What's that expression, there's a lid for every pot?  Guess that's what Brooks is to Vicki, her "lid."  

I really wish someone would have suggested to Tamra at the reunion that Eddie married her for the Bravo perks...It would have been like watching a mammoth volcano erupt right before our eyes.  

I also wish the viewer question hadn't been about whether she wanted another baby (snort) to hang onto Eddie but rather if she pretended to want another baby to try to have a story line.  

Kind of like the way she accused Gretchen and Slade of creating a fake engagement for a storyline.  What's good for the goose, Tamra...

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

Has anyone mentioned Danielle's hubby Joe at the dinner with Tamra and Eddie? Um....wow, he definitely does come across as rather effeminate.

Sometimes Danielle is listed as "Tamra's friend", sometimes "Lizzie's friend". But never, "Joe's Beard". Hmm....

• Love 4

If you want to see another example of Tamra's true colors, watch very closely in the very last scene when the ladies were having dinner in Bali. Everyone was screaming about the Gecko, Vicki accidentally bumps Tamra and Tarmra yells at Vicki "GOD DAMN YOU". It was in such an angry angry tone. It was an accident you vile witch.

• Love 5

Eh, regarding the Brooks/Tamra/Vicki situation, if I want to tell someone Mr. Persnickety is an asswipe, that's my prerogative...but if somebody else were to call him that, I'd be pissed off, too.  Especially if that person had been going on trips with us and pretending everything was cool but then trying to color others' opinions of him.  He might be an asswipe, but he's my asswipe.

Sure, I get that. Vicki saying it is different than Tamra, or any other person, saying it. But what struck me is how Vicki said it not in a private conversation with a girlfriend, or her shrink, but at the reunion, with Brooks sitting right next to her!. That tells me that Vicki is pretty open about this point of view, so to me , it changes the normal "I can say it, but you can't" line of thinking. I guess it's another manifestation of "love me, love my decisions." Only with a twist - love my decision of the day.. So if Vicki is happy with Brooks on Monday, then everyone in her life needs to be happy for her and tell her that Brooks is fab. If Vicki decides to date the mailman on Tuesday, then everyone has to tell her that Brooks is no good and the mailman is a much better match. It must be exhausting.

• Love 4

What exactly is a motorcade? From the pictures it looked like they were referring to a large parking area outside their house.

I have always heard them refer to it as as motor court, not a motor cade. (a motorcade is the bunch of motorcycles escorting the president's limousine). Madame Puppet has also referred to it by its French name, porte-cochere, with what she no doubt believes is perfect French pronunciation.

It's a big overhang in the front for cars to drive up under--like at your local Hampton Inn.  That's why many of the snarkers here have referred to the project as the hotel.     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porte-coch%C3%A8re

They are extraordinarily proud of this feature.

• Love 5

Looking at Shannon's kids' rooms just kills me.  I've never seen such charmless, personality free -- and er, clean -- kids' rooms ever.  Anyone else?

Man, that baldie Feng Shui lady was really laying it on so fuckin' thick with phony baloney flattery & smooching Shannon's butt like nobody's business.  Guess she must make a ton of dough off Shannon, the big sucker.

The first time I saw their rooms, I thought they looked like large dorm rooms without the personal embellishments.  Poor kids.

I don't know enough about feng shui to even know if anything she was doing was authenic, but it was funny when she just happened to have a new line of (fugly) crystals to show Shannon.

Man, Brooks is awesome.    My landlord just sold the building I rent in.    I've been here 3 years-Wonder what my share of the grubstake is?   I did not know that being a renter gave you a piece of the action!     I wonder how many teefs I can get?!!

Vicki, you do not do "finance".   The only financial advice you can give is about purchasing nebulous annuities, which  are usually a bad deal.    A financial advisor and an insurance agent are two very different things.   Tamra was right-Vicki has taken a big hit financially, not only by having to split assets  with Donn,   but by purchasing  the ill advised Olive Garden Mansion on the Green by  Jeana's recommendation for starters.     She is lucky to have the RHOC income, because her bidness ventures are usually big losers, her insurance (not finance) business being the exception.

Lizzie's family was like a big eyebrow people convention.     Christian looks rather like her father, and I never noticed the youngest kid's eyebrows, but he resembles the nemesis baby on the Simpsons.   

• Love 6

What happened to Vicki's bacon vodka empire?

Same thing that happened to her Wine by Wino Wives empire, fake diamonds empire, designer jeans empire, self-published books empire, and Woo Hoo Productions video empire.  Nobody outside of a few million RHOC viewers know who the Hell she is.

http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!woo-hoo-productions/c1c0i

Edited -- forgot to mention her "Insurance Seminars for Strippers on Rented Yachts" empire.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 4

Whoever makes the decisions over at Bravo as to which scenes to air needs a wake up call.  I would rather have watched the stupid painting party than some of the crap they chose to air.  And I definitely would have wanted to see the Marry/Shag/Kill game.  (Not to mention all the mystery footage surrounding Danielle).

I thoroughly disliked Brooks when he and his Hallmark card loving self sauntered onto my screen but now I find him entertaining.  He's a player and he's not afraid to show it.  You go with your bad, new teefed self, Brooks.  He flat out admitted on film that if he and Vicki move in together, he's getting a piece of the pie.  If Vicks lets him move in without a landlord/tenant agreement, she'll deserve what she gets.

As far as nasty Tamra goes, I think she treated Shannon and Lizzie the most horribly.  She lied to Shannon by telling her she hadn't shared private information and then told her on another occasion that she wasn't going to lie to her and admitted to lying to her.  Only Tamra Waddell Whatever Barney Judge could do such a thing and think it absolves her of all guilt.

• Love 9

Coco got a one-two punch from her parents. Not only does her dad call her a bitch on national TV but her mom defends him when questioned later. What kind of a mother does that? Oh yeah, one who hands her kids' schedules off to the nannies and goes shopping all day. Even their kids are just accessories to the Dubrow Image™

Is this the second time Terry called Coco that?  I thought he also said it in their family kitchen as well as at the party.  I can see him saying something like "she's a handful," or something like that, but callng your child a name like that in front of acquaintances and worse on national tv?

BTW, your avatar is brilliant!

• Love 2

What a big old baby is Dr. TduB. Crying over pictures of his sarcophagus. Not sleeping for 2 months over a risque comment of no consequence.  Calling someone a penis. Maybe next season he can bunk with Granny (Clampett) Judge and spouse so they can get a taste of what life with a toddler would be like.

Edited by Tippi
  • Love 5

As far as nasty Tamra goes, I think she treated Shannon and Lizzie the most horribly.  She lied to Shannon by telling her she hadn't shared private information and then told her on another occasion that she wasn't going to lie to her and admitted to lying to her.  Only Tamra Waddell Whatever Barney Judge could do such a thing and think it absolves her of all guilt.

Really? Worse than telling Shannon that Heather has an eating disorder? Yea, Tamra lied, but she said she tried to call Shannon after she left her house to tell her the truth immediately after. Shannon admits that she refused to take her calls, and Tamra said she tried to call several times. It just boggles my mind that Tamra revealing something that Shannon herself was talking about is worse than revealing something so private about Heather. And then Shannon taking it to the world in her attempt to make Tamra look bad to Heather - fuck Heather and her privacy. It all reminds me so much of the Brandi/Adrienne deal. It seemed to be no big deal what Brandi did to Adrienne, because folks didn't much like Adrienne.  This is all very similar to me. 

• Love 1

Here is my theory on the whole season.

I think we were misled by the Vicki/Tamra conversation earlier in the season when Vicki told Tamra she'd lose if she went up against Heather.  I think Tamra realized that and made peace with Heather while still talking smack about her behind her back.  She then saw Shannon as sweet and gentle, perhaps a little gullible with that talk of past lives and jewels being put in her teeth... when she noticed Heather and Shannon not clicking.. instead of trying to bring them together.. she decided to make things worse and stirred the pot. 

After awhile both Shannon and Heather were too busy fighting with each other while Tamra was playing double agent making the rift grow deeper and deeper.  At first, I think Tamra was just getting even with Heather and using Shannon.. but after the Take Down Beador comment came out, Tamra then decided to stick it to Shannon as well.

Only difference between Shannon and Heather is that Shannon caught on quickly not to trust Tamra after the e-mail situation, while Heather is unable/unwilling to take Tamra to task.  I agree with a previous poster that Heather has told Tamra where some of her skeletons are buried so she's being cautious.

I hope that makes sense to everyone.

• Love 7

What happened to Vicki's bacon vodka empire?

I haven't checked, but I'm assuming it's keeping her Vicki Mascara and Vicki Jeans company in the Land of Ideas That Sucked.

HEY...I just realized we never saw a single solitary product placement on her dead pet jewelry line!!!!

How were we ever spared that little gem (<---- see what I did there, "gem"????? )

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

Same thing that happened to her Wine by Wino Wives empire, fake diamonds empire, designer jeans empire, self-published books empire, and Woo Hoo Productions video empire.  Nobody outside of a few million RHOC viewers know who the Hell she is.

http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!woo-hoo-productions/c1c0i

I like to think of those as her dead dog diamondz. Now I'll go make myself a "bloody piggy" (just typing that makes me queasy - wonder why that drink didn't take off). 

ETA: Persnickety1 beat me to it!

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 4

Great minds, Muffyn, great snarky minds  :D

Actually I posted a link in Vicki's thread about some really spiffy Vicki "signature" (and I mean literally signature in some cases) items y'all can be saving up for.

I'm just absolutely jonesing for this little objet d'art:  http://www.vickigunvalson.com/#!shop-vicki/c1vl0

Vicki's narcissism is just reality gold.  I hope she never changes too much.  The snark is priceless.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

I tend to judge things like this based on the relationship involved.  It is more serious to cheat on your wife than a gal you have gone out with a time or two, etc.  Tamra and Heather have been friends for a few years. Heather has done nothing ever to Tamra. Ever. Tamra started bad mouthing Heather on the very first episode. Talked about how she thought she was better than everyone else, how obnoxious she was. At first she did this with Vicki, which was OK, because Vicki is as shitty of a friend as Tamra is (which is why they have been together so long and cannot seem to quit each other) so of course they are going to be shitty friends together.  Then she was saying things about Heather to Shannon at her first dinner party. Talking about her behind her back, flipping her off. She talks about Heather again at great length when they all went to the Salon that day, and again with Shannon and Vicki at their Thanksgiving dinner. Then she basically accuses her of trying to sabotage their C*** Fitness by not promoting them on the damn TV show when they were at the Christmas Party. This was so crazy to me, and looked very much like Tamra was trying to nail Heather for something. She talked about it with Heather first, supposedly cleared the air and made up with her, then went into the next room and started bitching about Heather again, this time to Shannon, Danielle and Lizzie. Lastly, if you are to believe Shannon - and most people seem to believe Shannon - she said that she didn't want her in her wedding, and revealed that she had an eating disorder. Sorry, but the whole eating disorder (whether true or not, Heather looked extremely hurt) reveal is worse than anything anyone said about Shannon's marriage. Shannon showed us her marriage week after week. There was no secret here ever. Any talk about Heather and an eating disorder came from Tamra saying something to Shannon, and Shannon telling the world (funny how few folks seemed to think it was wrong of Shannon to have revealed something like this on National TV).  

Yes, Tamra was a bitch to Shannon and did things that were wrong. No question about it (although I don't think the initial reveal was that big of a deal. She really did seem to be trying to get Heather to have some sympathy for Shannon).  She shouldn't have done any of those things but to me it is much worse to do terrible things to someone who is supposed to be your very good friend. 

You either are honorable or you are not in the world of friendships. Not really fair to compare Heather and Tamra's friendship  to a long term marriage and Shannon and Tamra to a two date courtship. You don't betray a confidence because you just made up with another friend and to seal the deal start making cracks doing impressions and misrepresentations about a short term friend. 

What I saw from the beginning of the season was Vicki and Tamras' frustration of being around Heather.  She is a bossy, know-it-all, pretentious, jealous, petty, fair weather friend that expects everyone to take her at face value or suffer her wrath.  I recall fairly early on Tamra and Eddie being quite steamed and Heather for meddling in their family planning. There seems to be a pattern with Heather betraying Tamra's confidences. 

A layperson describing a thin women as anorexic, in my view, is not far worse than saying someone's husband e-mailed them and said they were divorcing and she had a drinking problem.  Now if there is additional information that Heather confided in Tamra that she was diagnosed as an anorexic and Tamra betrayed the trust then that might be a different story.  I put little stock in Heather's looks of hurt or dismay because she is an actress/friend-something Tamra pointed out early on.  I think of Heather being called anorexic right up there with being called "Fancy Pants", or being too smart for the others or being castigated for getting her friend a runner ups spot on a morning TV show.  Heather made quite a big deal her first season of being a pain in the ass eater.  Since we have no evidence it is a medical diagnosis-the anorexia assertion- it is right up there with saying someone drinks too much.  A layperson's opinion. 

I think the bottom line with Heather is-her reality TV friends are fungible and every face is an opportunity at either one of her faux friendships or a target of her viciousness.  Shannon was an opportunity who turned into a target, Alexis was always a target, Lydia was an opportunity (that paid off-just no the cover) and then became a target, Vicki was an opportunity  and must be retained as such if Heather is to go on, Tamra for some odd reason is Heather's husband's favorite and I think will be given great latitude because her barbs are really faint praise, Gretchen was an opportunity and if she returns Heather will count her as a friend.  In other words Heather is very plotting and scheming.  I don't however, see her being able to do it without Miss Terry.

• Love 8

And looking at his Twitter, it looks like he's straight, so I guess some female viewers will now be OK with being attracted to him, eh?  After that awful shit with the Mexican strippers, I thought he was a refreshing (and surprisingly low key) change for this group, so I can't believe I'm actually sorta grateful to Heather for hiring him -- or did the production peeps do dat?

Thanks Tams -- for letting us in on how Heather really is as a mother.  I'm not necessarily making a judgement call on her as a mother.  But we didn't really know the true deal bout her in that area.  And she was certainly being misleading.  There was a time when she was kinda hiding she even had a nanny.  Making lists & ordering around her 600 nannies -- now that makes more sense.  That I can believe bout Heather as a mother.

If you mean me, no. He is not attractive to me straight or not.

Islandgal140, I wish I could quote your whole brilliant post above, but especially the part about a "dream house" and how most of us would see it as a beautiful place to watch our families grow, enjoy our friends, celebrate good times, find comfort in bad times and make memories (oh hell, now I'm getting all verklempt)  while, for the DuBrows, it is all about conspicuous consumption and showing off their wealth.

• Love 2

The Dubrows' penchant for extravagance vis-à-vis their real estate pursuits has always baffled me. Assuming their net worth is in the neighborhood of $30-$40 million, I am baffled that anyone would consider it a good idea to sink approximately half of their net worth into a single property, particularly if they have a moderately high number of children. I can only imagine the property taxes, energy bills, and maintenance costs on a 20,000 square foot house. There's not even any cachet conferred by the artistic significance of commissioning a plan from a notable architect. Coupled with the expenses of Coco and company's respective educations, which could run about a mill a piece when one factors in private school fees, college, and grad school, and it seems to approach fiscal short-sightedness (though obviously it's not necessarily anywhere near the level of irresponsibility exemplified by some of the other women and their families).

Really? Worse than telling Shannon that Heather has an eating disorder? Yea, Tamra lied, but she said she tried to call Shannon after she left her house to tell her the truth immediately after. Shannon admits that she refused to take her calls, and Tamra said she tried to call several times. It just boggles my mind that Tamra revealing something that Shannon herself was talking about is worse than revealing something so private about Heather. And then Shannon taking it to the world in her attempt to make Tamra look bad to Heather - fuck Heather and her privacy. It all reminds me so much of the Brandi/Adrienne deal. It seemed to be no big deal what Brandi did to Adrienne, because folks didn't much like Adrienne.  This is all very similar to me. 

Really, you don't think there's a substantive difference between  disseminating decontextualized second-hand gossip about someone's marriage to third, fourth, fifth, and sixth parties and giving someone a head's up that their nominal friend has been spreading ostensible lies about them (to which you yourself have been a direct witness)? Heather sure wasn't concerned about Shannon's privacy when she parroted Tamra's "scoop" on the disintegration of the Beador marriage. Regardless of what displeasure Shannon expressed with her husband, she definitively did not disclose any information about the specifics of the e-mail to Heather. To me, the disparity between Shannon's initial complaints about David's failure to plan enough vacations- the only confidences to which Heather had been privy at that point- and the narrative about David demanding a divorce are analogous to Heather remarking off-hand, "oh, I feel so fat," and then facing a fabrication of a years-long battle with anorexia. Plus, Heather had directly observed both Tamra lying out of whole cloth and then confessing to that lie (the story about Vicki waking up disrobed next to a strange man in Mexico at the season 7 reunion and her retraction the following year).

Edited to add: Not to mention, at the time Shannon informed Heather about Tamra's eating disorder contentions, Heather had very recently said Shannon was very literally mentally ill to the extent of requiring a 151 because she had the audacity to become angry when Tamra repeatedly assaulted her in front of Heather. If Heather is sensitive about mental health issues, perhaps she should stop playing armchair psychiatrist herself.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 7

Really, you don't think there's a substantive difference between  disseminating decontextualized second-hand gossip about someone's marriage to third, fourth, fifth, and sixth parties and giving someone a head's up that their nominal friend has been spreading ostensible lies about them (to which you yourself have been a direct witness)? Heather sure wasn't concerned about Shannon's privacy when she parroted Tamra's "scoop" on the disintegration of the Beador marriage. Regardless of what displeasure Shannon expressed with her husband, she definitively did not disclose any information about the specifics of the e-mail to Heather. To me, the disparity between Shannon's initial complaints about David's failure to plan enough vacations- the only confidences to which Heather had been privy at that point- and the narrative about David demanding a divorce are analogous to Heather remarking off-hand, "oh, I feel so fat," and then facing a fabrication of a years-long battle with anorexia. Plus, Heather had directly observed both Tamra lying out of whole cloth and then confessing to that lie (the story about Vicki waking up disrobed next to a strange man in Mexico at the season 7 reunion and her retraction the following year).

My comparison was between what Tamra did to Shannon and what Tamra did to Heather. Of course Heather was wrong in repeating anything of such a personal nature. Although she knew when she did it that she had just been filmed hearing this information from Tamra on camera, so it was hardly any secret, and Heather did not talk about it on camera. Not to mention that Shannon told everyone she brushed up against that her married sucked. Still, it is impossible to dispute that Heather was wrong in telling a table full of people anything about Shannon and her personal life. Tamra was wrong to begin with, Shannon was wrong to go over to her house after that and talk about the e-mail on camera with Tamra, and Heather was wrong to repeat it. My point is that Tamra was also very wrong to say anything to Shannon about any eating disorder, and Shannon was equally wrong for talking about it on camera. Again, as we have all said before, they can take these things off camera if they want to. Shannon didn't, and I think that was wrong as well. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1

Just because I am a dork I paused to read all Heather had written

Dear Terry

We got the lot. Those four words changed the course of our lives in many ways.
Buying this parcel of land and creating this amazing home solidifies our lives in Orange County. We owe this project for the many opportunities we've had.

Although we only lived in this home for three years it saw some major life changes for us personally and professionally.

The most significant being the miracle addition to our family. We were so blessed already with our children Nicky, Max and Katarina. Yet how could we ever imagine it without being filled by the laughter of Collette?

Our family was completed in this home. This home was also a key player in our journey back on TV.  The house became a character on its own in many ways.

Interestingly I don't think we ever felt like it was our 'final home' More like a stop along the way.

Beyond all of the bells and whistles, the movie theatre, heated towel drawers and a closet for the TV, this house represent the best of us.

An amazing collaboration of style and spirit. A beautiful backdrop for our amazing lives. We are blessed.

Look through these pages and see what we accomplished together. Remember the journey and be proud.

Can't wait to do it again.

Love Hedy.

Now I am off to puke

• Love 13

You either are honorable or you are not in the world of friendships. Not really fair to compare Heather and Tamra's friendship  to a long term marriage and Shannon and Tamra to a two date courtship. You don't betray a confidence because you just made up with another friend and to seal the deal start making cracks doing impressions and misrepresentations about a short term friend. 

I am afraid I am neither particularly honorable or not in the world of friendships. I didn't compare their friendship to a long-term marriage, but just to a marriage. Two folks who have some type of a commitment, as in a friendship, vs. folks that have a much newer and casual relationship. Maybe not the best comparison to make. But my point is that while betrayal is always betrayal, it can hurt more or be more jarring when the relationship has stronger roots. If someone new at work is badmouthing me it will piss me off. If one of my close friends I have worked with for years is doing the same, it will piss me off but it will also hurt my feelings. 

• Love 3

Hedy spraying herself in the face with the perfume...I laughed. Served the idiot right for doing it at the dinner table. And, of course she had to use the opportunity to remind everyone that she's married to a doctor.

They showed a montage of the women riding the bull, but made no mention of how/why Tamra fell off. Whatever.

I was trying to determine if her brother was gay. There seemed to be an extra brother in law there.

FWIW, her brother arrived with the blonde woman. The one BIL was probably Christian's brother (they favored one other), and the other was her sister's husband.

Do straight guys wear shirts like that?

Like, a white tank top?

Their children were probably conceived on a pile of construction blue prints.

Shiiiit. Hah!

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting, crazychicken. I think everyone is right about the Dubrows being all about appearances, but my goodness. That card was nauseating. I hope it was more for the show and they had a more intimate, personal gift for each other off camera because if not, gag. A handmade scrapbook made with help from the kids would've been a cute present but I doubt Heather makes collages if she refuses to slap some paint on a wall.

• Love 3

Just because I am a dork I paused to read all Heather had written

Dear Terry

We got the lot. Those four words changed the course of our lives in many ways.

Buying this parcel of land and creating this amazing home solidifies our lives in Orange County. We owe this project for the many opportunities we've had.

Although we only lived in this home for three years it saw some major life changes for us personally and professionally.

The most significant being the miracle addition to our family. We were so blessed already with our children Nicky, Max and Katarina. Yet how could we ever imagine it without being filled by the laughter of Collette?

Our family was completed in this home. This home was also a key player in our journey back on TV.  The house became a character on its own in many ways.

Interestingly I don't think we ever felt like it was our 'final home' More like a stop along the way.

Beyond all of the bells and whistles, the movie theatre, heated towel drawers and a closet for the TV, this house represent the best of us.

An amazing collaboration of style and spirit. A beautiful backdrop for our amazing lives. We are blessed.

Look through these pages and see what we accomplished together. Remember the journey and be proud.

Can't wait to do it again.

Love Hedy.

Now I am off to puke

For real?

Hedy spraying herself in the face with the perfume...I laughed. Served the idiot right for doing it at the dinner table. And, of course she had to use the opportunity to remind everyone that she's married to a doctor.

They showed a montage of the women riding the bull, but made no mention of how/why Tamra fell off. Whatever.

FWIW, her brother arrived with the blonde woman. The one BIL was probably Christian's brother (they favored one other), and the other was her sister's husband.

Like, a white tank top?

Shiiiit. Hah!

Like a white, tight wife-beater.