Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

Ugh, was anything more unsexy than Madame's & Miss Terry's anniversary date? I think my freezer is warmer than this puppet woman. And Miss Terry tearing up over pics of the old place? I still don't get their thinking. Spend years building a giganto joint. Live in it a few years & then go on to build an even bigger one. These 2 are fuckin'

Awesome. She could predict rain even when the sun shines but I'd still listen.

Ugh, was anything more unsexy than Madame's & Miss Terry's anniversary date? I think my freezer is warmer than this puppet woman. And Miss Terry tearing up over pics of the old place? I still don't get their thinking. Spend years building a giganto joint. Live in it a few years & then go on to build an even bigger one. These 2 are fuckin' nuts.

Awesome. She could predict rain even when the sun shines but I'd still listen.

Possibly her boobs would itch if it was going to rain (TM Mean Girls).

How the holy hell did I post this twice? I totally suck at quoting!

Edited by mbaywife123

I was incredulous that he never heard the overused "if horses were wishes..." line before.

Maybe because the therapist butchered the quote (It's supposed to be "if wishes were horses then beggars would ride.")   Apologies if I sound like Heather.  

OMG that book was so pretentious!!  Can't wait for the next book where we can see Terry and Hedy (wtf?) standing in front of their porte-cochere.  

Edited by Teddybear
  • Love 7

OMG - the photos of the "old" house....that they called a home. Doesn't a home have family in it? I mean, I live alone (senior) but I think of my place as a home.....but they have children! Not one photo of them, or great family times there with them or even close relatives, friends, holidays.....that make a house a home. Even a rental place as well, of course.

Not everyone has a "house" but hopefully a home.

• Love 12

Shannon Storms, the Holistic Meteorologist, who advises viewers on the correct cocktail of homeopathic meds for ragweed, hayfever, and tree pollen.

---And by cocktail, not the straight vodka with a splash (wink) of soda water, bwahaha!

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 6

OMG - the photos of the "old" house....that they called a home. Doesn't a home have family in it? I mean, I live alone (senior) but I think of my place as a home.....but they have children! Not one photo of them, or great family times there with them or even close relatives, friends, holidays.....that make a house a home. Even a rental place as well, of course.

I think that album perfectly illustrates just how materialistic these asshats are.

A look back on years together should include living things, whether it's children or pets or extended family, things that touch the heart, not just things that prove the power of your wallet.

The very fact that their proudest accomplishment is that monstrosity of a home is very telling, IMO.  

Guess that little bitch known as Coco doesn't rank very high on their life's achievements nor any of the other kids.  

The Dubrows are all about appearances and material items.  This season has really cemented that as fact in my mind.  

No wonder Terry was looking down his ample schnoz at David being a (gasp) construction worker.  

I'd be willing to bet if the Beadors created such an album the contents contained therein would differ dramatically from those of the Dubrows.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 20

Tamra watching Michael and Vicki segment ~ "He's so mean to you."  Vicki has her kids and raised them.  Where is your oldest daughter? 

Eddie and Tamra with the robot baby and the comment Andy read from a viewer about doing it to keep Eddie.

Tamra, "Really?  ..."  Um, yah.  When it's you.  Where's your daughter tonight?  What is she wearing to high school tomorrow?  What did she eat for breakfast?  Tamra is in no position to tell anyone "he's so mean to you".  Vicki doesn't have a court file down at the Santa Ana courthouse regarding custody.

Who hasn't had a sweet baby boy puke on you, ignore you, hit you in the head with an elephant?  Doggie still loves me.  {I'll be honest, that elephant wouldn't have lasted for 4 minutes with my doggy}   I have custody of all my pets, um children too, down to the goldfish. 

Tamra tries to deliver punch lines, but she's failing. 

• Love 9

Shannon Storms the Holistic Meteorologist who advises viewers on the correct cocktail of homeopathic meds for ragweed, hayfever, and tree pollen.

MSB.....    Does this mean just smoke a joint?  E-cig....nowadays.  ;) 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 5

I was sorta bored by Lizzie's family on first viewing.  But then I thought they were sorta quirky & kinda likable.  Could Lizzie possibly have potential for another season?  I did like the way she relentlessly stood up to Tams.  Yikes, that can't be easy.

• Love 5

Looking at Shannon's kids' rooms just kills me.  I've never seen such charmless, personality free -- and er, clean -- kids' rooms ever.  Anyone else?

Man, that baldie Feng Shui lady was really laying it on so fuckin' thick with phony baloney flattery & smooching Shannon's butt like nobody's business.  Guess she must make a ton of dough off Shannon, the big sucker.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Looking at Shannon's kids' rooms just kills me.  I've never seen such charmless, personality free -- and er, clean -- kids' rooms ever.  Anyone else?

Man, that baldie Feng Shui lady was really laying it on so fuckin' thick with phony baloney flattery & smooching Shannon's butt like nobody's business.  Guess she must make a ton of dough off Shannon, the big sucker.

I noticed.  Did they film at St. Regis or at their home?  I noticed. 

I'm going to pitch to Shannon my one liners.  With 9 lemons.  I think I could get a mortgage payment out of it.  Those candles on the dining table that are always not "right" drives me nuts. Fung that and get them straight.  It's so distracting Shannannannanaana. 

Lablover27FungShui ~ look for me on Groupon. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 8

My poor thread. It feels like I got a lunch table, then all the cool kids sat at another. :(

No, Eddie is going to give us a personal lesson.  "It's all in the core."  While he's staring at Lizzie!!!!!

No no no.     I understand though.  After many years I learned how to be snarky.   Just say what you feel, which is probably what all of us are feeling.  Aw.  Cyber hug.   I have a learning disorder.  Posters here have been very kind.  I mix up my words, my sentences may not make sense, but they are generous and very patient.   I can't post what other posters do so eloquently, I wish I could, but it doesn't stop me from having fun and being snarky.  <3

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 9

Well, at least the stripper/painter was better than the bachelorette party strippers Gretchen arranged!!   :-)

Yes, I was relieved to see that there was no ear fucking.

I couldn't quit staring at Vicki's face during the therapy session with Brooks. On a good day Vicki's face looks like a bowl of lumpy oatmeal, but it looked extra lumpy and washed out during this scene. It also looked like bees has stung only her lower lip. Or maybe Brooks has been beating her with a bag of fresh OC oranges?

Speaking of dear Brooksie, I think he and Vicki are a perfect match. If he is actually mooching off her, can you imagine what his life must be like? Vicki would be reminding him several times a day about how hard she works to provide for him. Look how well that nagging worked with Michael. I actually think Brook works for the most part and Vicki's vagina would have a hard time (see what I did there?) finding a better dick.

Terry and Heather nostalgically pouring over the book of Dubrow Mansion 1.0........brought tears to my eyes too. Nothing beats a grand double staircase for a case of the warm fuzzies. And it highlighted what Terry likes most about a house, no kids could be seen.

• Love 9

I rolled my eyes at the notes with tasks that Christian had to do for Lizzie's father. Though from what Lizzie says Christian loves the farm. So who knows, maybe he enjoyed it. I just thought it was tacky that his potential father-in-law basically gave him a treasure hunt of chores.

Just like Tamra's painting party.

• Love 3

The only "secret" that I got out of this lame episode is that some day Brooks will claim legal ownership to Vicki's house even though he doesn't own it and/or didn't contribute to its purchase.  And I doubt anyone other than Vicki will be surprised when that happens.

• Love 14

When "Hedy" shyly handed Terry that gift I thought, "another nudie pictorial" a la Melissa of Jersey or Yolanda of BH. Then she started tearing up and I thought, "Awwww, it's a photo album of their life together. Wedding, births, anniversaries. How sweet." Then he opened it and lo and behold, we get real estate shots of their mammoth monstrosity. Both Terry and "Hedy" tear up and act as if they are seeing God Himself. Unbelievable. These two are irredeemable.

• Love 22

I still don't get their thinking.  Spend years building a giganto joint.  Live in it a few years & then go on to build an even bigger one.  These 2 are fuckin' nuts.

I'm guessing they got in over their head with that house, and were bailed out when they were able to sell it at a significant profit.  They sold another house at the same time -- at a loss.  Why would anyone build a swimming pool and almost immediately sell their house?  Why would anyone sell their beloved monogramed mansion and move their family into a -gasp- rental?  Especially when Heather was all over Alexis for living in a rental.  The sequence of events doesn't pass the smell test.

• Love 8

I think that album perfectly illustrates just how materialistic these asshats are.

A look back on years together should include living things, whether it's children or pets or extended family, things that touch the heart, not just things that prove the power of your wallet.

The very fact that their proudest accomplishment is that monstrosity of a home is very telling, IMO.  

The Dubrows are all about appearances and material items.  This season has really cemented that as fact in my mind.

I'm guessing Alexis is feeling pretty vindicated about now.

• Love 9

I normally roll my eyes at Heather's pretentiousness, but I got a good chuckle out of her hiring a guy to come paint Tamball's walls for her. That was pretty darn funny. But I don't understand how Heather can be friends with Tamra after hearing her basically say that the extent of Mrs. Prissy Pant's parenting is making lists for nannies. I can put up with a lot from friends, but insult my parenting? No way. Tamra must really have Heather's skeletons on lock. Their friendship makes no sense otherwise. 

Heather can lose me with brushing off Terry calling Coco a "bitch" - no, not everyone passes their significant other in the hall and uses an expletive in reference to their child. I never have. But regardless, that is NOT what happened. This wasn't the case of two frustrated parents trying to get an unruly child to bed and cursing in a moment of frustration. This was Ms. Terry sitting around with a group of friends, on national TV, trying to be funny and making his daughter the brunt of his stupid joke. Not cool. 

And how typical of Heather to give Terry a photobook not of their family, their children, memories of places they've been over the years - no, it's a photobook of their fabulous houses. So they can reminisce about staircases, bathrooms, and balconies....and just how filthy rich they are. 

Tamra - "I know I'm crazy. I don't need the public to know I'm crazy". Bitch, that ship has sailed. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 17

I'm guessing they got in over their head with that house, and were bailed out when they were able to sell it at a significant profit.  They sold another house at the same time -- at a loss.  Why would anyone build a swimming pool and almost immediately sell their house?  Why would anyone sell their beloved monogramed mansion and move their family into a -gasp- rental?  Especially when Heather was all over Alexis for living in a rental.  The sequence of events doesn't pass the smell test.

We learned that Heather intended at some point to sell  her home on the very first episode she was in.  She was introduced to us when working with Tamra the Realtor, looking for a parcel of land to build a bigger home. She was clear that they had built their dream home, but that they needed more bedrooms. She was hassled for this pretty much nonstop in blogs and on various forums (needing a bigger home). She said later that they had decided to wait a couple of years until Coco was a little bit older. I think the offer for their home was a bit unexpected.  The offer they received was unsolicited and from what I read in the media, not something that any normal person would have been able to walk away from. The profit was immense.  They had to move fast, and while renting might not be the smartest thing in the world financially, it seems smarter than buying a home to live in for only a couple of years while you are building. She only mocked Alexis because Alexis tried to sell all the gals on how smart Jim was financially, and that he said that it was far smarter to rent in the long run than to own. Of course everyone knew that they had no money and couldn't probably buy a home, so her trying to sell the group on any scheme by Jim fell flat with the whole gang. 

• Love 4

What?  Details please - what other house at a loss?  I thought they made millions on the original one?  Are you saying they owned 2 homes at the same time that they sold - the big one we saw that they sold for a profit and another one we didn't see that they sold for a loss?

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

I was half watching this online whilst doing other stuff, but did I hear this right? 

Brooks and Vicki were talking about Vicki buying a house, him moving in and paying rent and her giving him a lease agreement.  Then he said something about "and if we sell the house a few years down the line ... I'm not paying rent for nothing, and we'll share the investment", at which point Vicki gave him a "ya think so?" look.

Does he really think that being someone's lodger entitles him to a windfall when the landlord sells the property? Seriously? For God's sake, Vicki, don't put a ring on it, you'll end up broker than Sonja Morgan when he's done with you.

• Love 14

What?  Details please - what other house at a loss?  I thought they made millions on the original one?  Are you saying they owned 2 homes at the same time that they sold - the big one we saw that they sold for a profit and another one we didn't see that they sold for a loss?

If they sold another home at a loss, it should be a matter of public record. I can find no evidence that this is true, but I am not a very good investigator. There were sites at the time they sold their mansion saying they had actually sold their home in a short sale, but that was pretty much debunked by the public records of the sale.

• Love 1

Lol! That book that Heather gave Terry, beyond funny.

If she had given him the book, and they did not get all teary eyed about their greatest achievement, I would not have laughed so hard.

They just came off so superficial and fake.

As for Tamra and Heather's friendship. It puzzles me too.

Heather might like how open and free Tamra and Vicki are.

With everyone going after Tamra, Heather (who I think is a decent person under all her fakey actress BS) might want to be there for Tamra and not leave her alone to take on the rest of the women, Idk.

Heather is married to Terry, so she must have a soft spot for assholes. That's all I got.

• Love 5

Danielle is somewhere having cocktails with Angelea from the ANTM "All-Star" season.

Shannon Storms would be a great name for a meteorologist.

She could be our local weekend weather woman.  We do have Dallas Raines on KABC7.

In the NY area, there used to be Storm Field (and that was his real name - his father was also a meteorologist)!!  :-)

• Love 3

It could be the way some of these scenes are edited, but something is just off to me about Heather's execution of what could be very nice gestures.  It's all production with her without any real warmth or sincerity.  When the unseen intimate dinner with Terry was aired tonight, I liked how it started out; Heather presented a lovely gift to Terry that was a remembrance of their life in their former home.  But as she and Terry were going through the pictures, they were all pictures of the house ("the amazing entry way with double stair ways," etc.), with a few pictures of the her and Terry in front of the house.  It was like an architectural photography coffee table book rather than a pictorial memoir about their family's life in a home they built together and all of the memories of their time together in that home.

My teen daughter walked in during the scene and asked "WTF is he crying about, pictures of his staircase? Must be nice!"

Painter boy made me sit up.  Me likey.  Thank you for the eye candy, producers.  Much appreciated.  I even liked Vicks' reaction.  She looked like she havin' a hot flash.

He was definitely not eye candy for this straight 45 year old woman. Part of the fantasy is that the painter might just want to throw  me over the couch. Pretty clear that guy wouldn't be into any ladies. Do you think Vicki was picking up gadar from painter man?

• Love 4

God help me for sorta defending Tamra, but here goes -- Andy brings Brooks out, asks Vicki the status of their relationship, and Vicki says that they're dating but she's single, and then, with Brooks sitting right next to her, she says that she's open to seeing other people, and if they "surpass his character," then they're "in the running." These are exact quotes! So....how is that so different from Tamra saying that she thinks there's "someone better" for Vicki?

Well...it's because Vicki said it and not Tamra...only Vicki is allowed to comment on her relationship status, apparently.  But, in fairness, I think that Vicki knows deep in her heart that Brooks is not "Mr. Right" - he is just "Mr. Right Now" (to quote someone from the RHNY - I can't remember who), and she isn't ready to admit that to anyone, even Tamra.

Brooks is a sleaze and it was made abundantly clear when they were discussing Vicki's new home, living arrangements and "rent" he would have to pay.  If I understood what he was saying, he was expecting to pay rent, and then, when/if Vicki decided to sell the house, he would get a share of the sale profits??  Gee - is that something new in a rental agreement?? 

Edited to Add - Sorry to Essexjan for essentially saying the same thing as she did upthread!!!  :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4

Brooks and Vicki were talking about Vicki buying a house, him moving in and paying rent and her giving him a lease agreement.  Then he said something about "and if we sell the house a few years down the line ... I'm not paying rent for nothing, and we'll share the investment", at which point Vicki gave him a "ya think so?" look.

And Brooks' response to Vicki's look was - we have talked about this.  Ummm, really?  He's so gross.  I did appreciate Heather asking whether she'd make him sign a pre-nup or similar agreement.

• Love 7

God help me for sorta defending Tamra, but here goes -- Andy brings Brooks out, asks Vicki the status of their relationship, and Vicki says that they're dating but she's single, and then, with Brooks sitting right next to her, she says that she's open to seeing other people, and if they "surpass his character," then they're "in the running." These are exact quotes! So....how is that so different from Tamra saying that she thinks there's "someone better" for Vicki?

It was very strange indeed. It would have been one thing if Vicki would have trotted that old excuse about how she doesn't know if she can commit to Brooks because of the whole dynamic with Brianna. Instead she says - right in front of Brooks - that if she finds a man who treats her better and has more character, then Brooks is out. Sounds kind of like she is saying that she doesn't know if Brooks is good enough for her. Tamra says it and she is the most terrible person in the world.

Someone upthread said this earlier, and said it well. The thing with Tamra is that she is for the most part a terrible person. There are examples of this. The problem this season is that they picked silly reasons to be mad at her. Vicki has no reason to be all up in arms about anything that Tamra said about Brooks. Lizzie and her ridiculous issues with the birthday party are just stupid. If they are ever going to take down Tamra, they are going to need something more to use.  What they will need is Heather. She could do it, and after hearing what Tamra said about Heather and the nannies, if Heather is not pissed I would be stunned. Tamra treated Heather far worse this year than she treated anyone else - I don't even think it is close as the matter of fact. I am hoping that Heather comes back just to be the one to make Tamra squirm, but I don't think she will do it. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

njbchlover:  Kelly Bensimon.  You. Quoted. Kelly. Bensimon.  Dear God, this is the End of Days ...

OMG!!!!  .I QUOTED Kelly Bensimon!!!!  YIKES!!!! 

(I think I need to go eat some organic, natural gummy bears and drink some organic, natural beer while jogging down the middle of the street in New York!!)

• Love 7

OMG!!!!  .I QUOTED Kelly Bensimon!!!!  YIKES!!!! 

(I think I need to go eat some organic, natural gummy bears and drink some organic, natural beer while jogging down the middle of the street in New York!!)

Al Sharpton Al Sharpton

• Love 9

You know the more I think of it her house lacked any lived in feel. The exception being the Christmas décor which seemed out of place because it didn't seem to fit the space. The decorations for the most part looked to fit a smaller place or maybe Shannon just bought a bunch of stuff at Homegoods. I guess what I'm trying to say is perhaps this was never meant to be their forever home and it was an investment. If so Shannon choosing to be on the show makes a lot more sense. She did it to feature her house that was on the market.
  • Love 1

If they sold another home at a loss, it should be a matter of public record. I can find no evidence that this is true, but I am not a very good investigator. There were sites at the time they sold their mansion saying they had actually sold their home in a short sale, but that was pretty much debunked by the public records of the sale.

From the Real Estalker last year:

"As it turns out, the Pelican Crest mansion wasn’t the only Newport Beach house Dr. and Missus Dr. Dubrow owned or sold in the last year. Property records show the couple purchased a house in the Harbor View community in September 2005 for $2,795,000 that they unloaded at a huge loss in January 2013 for two million clams. It doesn’t take any clicks or clacks of the well-worn beads on Your Mama’s bejeweled abacus to determine that Dr. and Missus Dubrow lost a spine straightening $795,000 not counting carrying costs, expenses, improvements an real estate fees. Probably the well-to-do plastic surgeon and the reality t.v. star won’t go hungry due to their financial set back but, still, that’s gotta sting a little."

http://variety.com/2013/dirt/real-estalker/real-estate-roundup-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-1201235614/

Bonus dirt from the above article.  It says Eddie paid $1.3 Million for his house in 2006, and "tangled with foreclosure but, we’re happy to say the mess was all worked out by June 2012 when a Notice of Rescission was filed and recorded."

I'm not good at counting backwards, but perhaps his financial difficulties at the time played a role in his decision to snuggle up to Tamra and have her move in with him.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 5

The $6 million plus they netted is far more than Miss Terry can ever make from his TV show or his "high volume" plastic surgery practice.  They were smart-just like the Beadors, see the value in creating it and turning it.  From what I read the Dubrows had another home and took about a $800,000.00 bath on it.  I think Dubrows, who always act as if out of the blue someone wanted to buy their home, did a great job of marketing it the first season and knew they needed a pool to complete the deal.  They never needed to move -there was plenty of space to create a fifth bedroom on the same floor-there was a play area about the size of a gymnasium.  They had just put way too much money in and needed to cash out.  I expect in about 5 years we will be hearing they need to be closer to the beach and will be looking to cash out on mansion #2.

As far as renting-the Dubrows are doing exactly what Alexis and Jim did-renting and putting their hard money into a new home. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

It could be the way some of these scenes are edited, but something is just off to me about Heather's execution of what could be very nice gestures.  It's all production with her without any real warmth or sincerity.  When the unseen intimate dinner with Terry was aired tonight, I liked how it started out; Heather presented a lovely gift to Terry that was a remembrance of their life in their former home.  But as she and Terry were going through the pictures, they were all pictures of the house ("the amazing entry way with double stair ways," etc.), with a few pictures of the her and Terry in front of the house.  It was like an architectural photography coffee table book rather than a pictorial memoir about their family's life in a home they built together and all of the memories of their time together in that home.

Yes, I agree with you, Lyra Angelica.....this confirms to me again that it is all about appearances, and 'rub it in your face that we are so wealthy' with the Dubrows....it was all about the magnificent house (it's not a 'home' to me) they created together....Miss Terry seemed like he was tearing up, too....so overwhelmed by their sterlle mansion....so very superficial.....sad, really....

• Love 3

Yeah, that photo album seemed more like a catalog or inventory of their material possessions to me. It might come in handy if they ever get robbed.

• Love 3

I bet Terry and Heather are back next year only because Heather really will want to Take the Beadors Down now.  Shannon and David came out smelling like roses after the reunion just by being gracious and accepting and making sincere apologies.  That's all.  Heather just couldn't do it.  She is going to to want to show the world, in Shannon's words, "You'll see, everyone will see the truth!"  I am sure it rankles Heather to this day the way things turned out.

Please that was probably their real estate brochure to sell the damn house!  A gift from the realtor.  How out of touch with reality are those two?

• Love 4
Pretty clear that guy wouldn't be into any ladies. Do you think Vicki was picking up gadar from painter man?

I couldn't tell whether painter boy was straight or gay.  I thought he was straight.  Was he a stripper actually?  I'm confused.  Anyhoo, he was nice to look so that's all that matters -- at least as to why Heather had him there, right?  And he did make Vick have a hot flash.  Well, after get it from Brooksie, who could blame her?

• Love 1

From the Real Estalker last year:

"As it turns out, the Pelican Crest mansion wasn’t the only Newport Beach house Dr. and Missus Dr. Dubrow owned or sold in the last year. Property records show the couple purchased a house in the Harbor View community in September 2005 for $2,795,000 that they unloaded at a huge loss in January 2013 for two million clams. It doesn’t take any clicks or clacks of the well-worn beads on Your Mama’s bejeweled abacus to determine that Dr. and Missus Dubrow lost a spine straightening $795,000 not counting carrying costs, expenses, improvements an real estate fees. Probably the well-to-do plastic surgeon and the reality t.v. star won’t go hungry due to their financial set back but, still, that’s gotta sting a little."

http://variety.com/2013/dirt/real-estalker/real-estate-roundup-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-1201235614/

Bonus dirt from the above article.  It says Eddie paid $1.3 Million for his house in 2006, and "tangled with foreclosure but, we’re happy to say the mess was all worked out by June 2012 when a Notice of Rescission was filed and recorded."

I'm not good at counting backwards, but perhaps his financial difficulties at the time played a role in his decision to snuggle up to Tamra and have her move in with him.

Thanks for finding this I knew they had taken a bath on a property and often wondered if this RHOC gig wasn't a way to try and keep the Dubrows in mansions.   I know their rental is 5 bedrooms and very near beachside so I do think they are paying a fortune to live in a cul-de-sac and a smell house. 

As to Tamra- she just doesn't learn about the dangers of investing in the $1.3 million Landera Ranch mini-mansions.  I think she filed for a divorce in early 2010, and moved in with Eddie in 2012.  I wonder how much she dumped into it once she moved in to get rid of the man cave look?

• Love 1