Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjh

S18: Billy Dee Williams: Dancing with the Star Wars

I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that title joke. LANDO. He's dancing with Emma Slater.

What's worse is how America is propping him up.  Groupthink voting nabs pity votes en masse, but the result is making the situation even worse for the man.

I think BDW wanted to do one dance, maybe two and then cheer everyone on from the audience. Love him, but feel bad for him.

This should not have been allowed. I am all for an under-dog of sorts, but not when the under-dog has hip problems, is elderly, and can barely move. I cringe!!

I love Star Wars, but I just don't get why people voted to keep him. This week is even worse, because he seems to be actually embarrassed now, where last week it was mostly just second hand embarrassment. The lets give the old man three hot young girls to dance around him bit was kind of condescending also.

I'm guessing that people vote for a star for a number of reasons:  they liked the dancing, or they liked the celebrity as a person, or they like something the celebrity is associated with.  In BDW's case, it was probably these last two--he seems like a really nice guy who was great in a very popular movie franchise.  Even the way he left was classy:  he *might* have been on the bubble anyway, but he left in a way that showed respect for the people who voted for him, while making room for those who were dancing better.  

I hope they bring him back occasionally for comment--which I strongly suspect they'll do.

Customize font-size