Type keyword(s) to search

Love Prison - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah, smart girl.   He's a sarcastic, frat boy douche who pushed you around playing basketball, and then shoved you in the water?   Women must be fighting her every day for that hot prospect.  Twenty seven and still playing beer pong?   No, not really a catch.   Fugly, too.

• Love 1

What is this guy's age?   He's pushing at least 40, right?

Let's do the math:   Attractive woman, seems to be average intelligence, decent personality,  probably employed.    Ugly man,  shitty personality, probably no job, in a shitty band with no prospects.   And he deigns to make time for her?   yes, run Evelyn.  Run far, and run fast.   Doubt his out of shape dough boy ass could catch you.

Oh, and people don't date online for a year.   They chat, flash their bits, and possibly perform sex acts. 

I think she said they'd never video chatted, just sent photos back and forth. And she thought he was hot in bed. Honey, hot in bed does not a relationship make.

He said he wanted to settle down and have a family. WTF? He is 41, I think, and she's over 40 as well. That ship has sailed, buddy. And he doesn't want to settle down if he is more interested in playing in his band. And not venturing any further than Los Angeles. When she asked him if he could go anywhere in the world and he said "home to L.A." I thought.... OMG.... no way.

The way he pouted when she said his music sucked was priceless.

• Love 1

I went on a blind date once with a guy who claimed to be 37.   I was 34.   Not only was he 45, he was  waiting for his rock band to break through.   He sent me a link where I could find his music, and it was painfully bad.    He insisted on my opinion, though I demurred I was not a music critic.   After much prodding, I let him know I found his music juvenile and lame, and that he really should look into a career.     What is it with middle aged men trying to make it in "rock music"?     It doesn't really even exist  anymore, unless you go underground, and there is no way to make a living doing it.     If 20 somethings can't make it,  older dudes aren't going to either.

This guy didn't have a job.   It wasn't a side gig, and he was convinced once his big break came,  he would be rich and famous.    It's why his wife divorced him.   

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1

Gaaah!  I can't believe I missed all these shows this afternoon.  Saturday afternoon?  Really A&E?  This is the last time I'm hosting a dinner party ever because I missed my new favorite (apparently very limited run) show.  Will check for rerun dates and look online for other airing times.  A hunky construction worker with frat boy behavior is something I don't want to miss although my eyes are still glazed over from Lawrence and Nicole's riveting week together.

• Love 1

Gaaah!  I can't believe I missed all these shows this afternoon.  Saturday afternoon?  Really A&E?  This is the last time I'm hosting a dinner party ever because I missed my new favorite (apparently very limited run) show.  Will check for rerun dates and look online for other airing times.  A hunky construction worker with frat boy behavior is something I don't want to miss although my eyes are still glazed over from Lawrence and Nicole's riveting week together.

He really wasn't that hunky, unless you like guys with bulbous heads and receding hairlines.  Any attractiveness he may have had went out the window in the first five minutes.     Oh, and I believe he demanded her bra size, and she complied, but I was vacuuming and may be thinking of something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmdjICBqnko  "Enjoy"

LOL, looking for a lead singer...

They were both excruciatingly boring.

Yeah, they need a new lead singer.     They also need new guitarists and a drummer.   Basically,  Mickey needs to get thee to the nearest call center and start working selling cable and internet installs.    What I'm saying is that it's time for Peter Pan to get a haircut and get a real job.    Good god,   he expects a woman to play second fiddle to that 7th grade garage band nonsense?     The only way I see it panning out is if they hire TIMMY! as their new lead singer. 

If you have Comcast,  the episodes are now available on demand

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3

Evelyn's look made me think of Betty Rubble meets the B-52's.  Mickey just doesn't seem to have anything to offer.  I don't care how good the sex is, even if they go at it like rabbits, there's still many more hours in a day to fill.  He eats like a caveman!  Even if he were the world's nicest guy, all that smacking and loud chewing would have me climbing the walls & plotting his speedy demise.

• Love 1

Basically,  Mickey needs to get thee to the nearest call center and start working selling cable and internet installs.

If you have Comcast,  the episodes are now available on demand

I see what you did there, trying to sell me Comcast cable and internet install...

Edited by Toaster Strudel
  • Love 1

LOL.   The worst year of my life consisted of selling cable and internet installs at Comcast.   I'm free, but old habits die hard.

Since I have no life, I re watched the episode.   Mickey isn't a bad guy at all.   He seems slow, but he's well spoken, calm, and very respectful.   He apparently has a job, too.   How dare he cook the Princess a steak dinner and suggest she take breakfast the next day!   

Evelyn on the other hand was a twunt.   She apparently expects to be catered to 24/7, and treated the poor guy badly.     Clearly, he's an earnest nerd, and I felt really bad after he joyously spazzed out to his awful band the next clip was her saying it sucked.    It does, but that was harsh. 

Also Evelyn?   You are clearly much heavier than the photos you sent him, yet commented on how he was heavier than you expected.   Pot, meet kettle.   My suspicion is that she targets socially awkward guys like Mickey and "borrows" money from them while "online dating" them.    Not sure what she spends the cash on, certainly not that muskrat on her head. 

• Love 3

I had to notice that Jeanne had a TON of sun damage, especially on her face. She looked far older than her given age. use your sunblock!

Oh god,   she was monstrous in HD.   The false eyelashes just made it  worse somehow.    They both were crispy critters.

Billy is a douche, but he's funny.    Is he a comedian in real life?

Jeanne dear,  a lot of times people with commitment issues deal with it by having online relationships with people 3,000  miles away.    A person looking for a relationship tends to look for people in a 50 mile radius for the most part if they're looking to meet face to face.    I think she  has just as many issues as he does about commitment.

Finally, it's irrational to expect a person you are talking to 3,000 miles away to be "faithful" to you. 

Poor camel toe Billy,  he went all the way to wherever the hell that house is, and all he got was a lousy morning breath kiss. 

• Love 1

"I AM FUN!!!!".

No, Nicole is not fun, unless you count the fun I shall have snarking on her.     First, 2004 called with Paris Hilton on the phone.    She wants her look back.   

Second, body builders spend about every waking minute on their hobby.   If you're not big into the fitness lifestyle, you likely won't be compatible.

Third,  I think you lied about your age, your smoking status, and definitely your fitness level and physique.

Finally, I think Lawrence noticed her Tanning Mom level of color, and contacted her because he thought she could get him a good discount on pro-tan, being a bodybuilder and all.

I must be an old, because "online dating"  to me means you go online, view profiles, and then meet the ones in person you're interested in.   Does "online dating now mean texting and Skype in lieu of face to face meetings?    

• Love 5

I just watched this one. Evelyn came across as quite entitled. She got bent out of shape over throwing something together for breakfast? Granted the way Mickey went about telling her it was her turn to fix their food was lacking, but she'd already glared at him the night before while he was chomping away at his steak, so why she expected him to suddenly be smooth and courteous about things surprised me.  

I have no idea how Evelyn got her gifted nighty on. It looked way too small for her ample bosom and ass. I realize those things can stretch to the moon and back (well not really, but they have a lot of 'give' to them) but it didn't look like she could get it over her head. I'm sure Mickey didn't care if she put it on.

Thinking back over the last few episodes, I realized we saw all the guys cooking and cleaning up in the kitchen. If the women were there at all, they weren't even helping prepare or clean up, they just showed up in time to eat, and usually overdressed.

• Love 2

Not really sure why everyone thinks Rachel is such a prize and that she can do so much better.  She met him online, didn't like his pictures and thought he was a douchebag - but kept corresponding with him anyway, and most importantly, she signed up for this show.  I'd say they're pretty much equals.

Evelyn seemed to be a manipulative.... Well you know. She was unappreciative of Mickey's thoughtfulness and she totally twisted and flipped her rude comment about his band to make him feel bad she hurt him with her comment. Did anyone else notice that? When she went upstairs and did the whole fake tears and sunglasses.

Evelyn is all about Evelyn. Me me me me, she wants a guy on her team because team has the wod me in it. Mickey came across as very sweet but also seemed to have some characteristics of acting like a 13 yr old little boy who didn't seem to mind being "mothered" and Evelyn was just the kind of woman who didn't mind filling that role. I have no doubt If they pursue a relationship, she will be the one wearing the pants and be very controlling. She probably won't be a big fan of his friends.

The sexy lingerie? I could have gone my whole life without that image in my head!! I don't think Evelyn should run, but I think Mickey should run, because brother she is going to suck the life out of you and your bank account, then move on to the next when she has no use for you anymore. But then again, maybe I'm being too harsh and judgmental. Maybe I'm all wrong. I hope so, and if I am, I apologize:)

• Love 1

She's too high maintenance for him.  She seemed like a nice person overall, but I don't see these two make it for the long haul.  He's too jealous.  Sorry dude, but if you are dating a model/actress part of her job is to be around attractive men in revealing clothes.  You can't have it both ways... "Look at me! My GF is a smokin' hot model!" but then get pissed when her job requires her to be a smokin' hot model.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 2

I found 3 new episodes On Demand from my cable company last night.  Maybe the show has been cancelled?  These are all trainwrecks of course (even real couples that have been together awhile would have a hard time spending a week together in those conditions).  I actually thought this was the best couple so far.  Yeah he has some frat boy ways and at times treated her like one of the guys, but at least there was a mutual attraction. 

Not really sure why everyone thinks Rachel is such a prize and that she can do so much better.  She met him online, didn't like his pictures and thought he was a douchebag - but kept corresponding with him anyway, and most importantly, she signed up for this show.  I'd say they're pretty much equals.

She's clearly desperate.  I mean, he opens up to her once and then she acts as though suddenly he's not a douchebag frat boy?  Then he makes sure he says on camera multiple times that they had sex.  Of course, we suspected that, but the announcements were not needed.  After that, tape show he's a frat boy douche and she's on camera talking about what a frat boy douche he is.  But then he said something nice, like "but you're different than those drunk sluts" and she goes of into the distance...

Meanwhile, wasn't he pretty much drunk the entire time?  At 27, who is doing body shots?  And who lets that person do a body shot on you?  

Evelyn seemed to be a manipulative.... Well you know. She was unappreciative of Mickey's thoughtfulness and she totally twisted and flipped her rude comment about his band to make him feel bad she hurt him with her comment. Did anyone else notice that? When she went upstairs and did the whole fake tears and sunglasses.

Evelyn is all about Evelyn. Me me me me, she wants a guy on her team because team has the wod me in it. Mickey came across as very sweet but also seemed to have some characteristics of acting like a 13 yr old little boy who didn't seem to mind being "mothered" and Evelyn was just the kind of woman who didn't mind filling that role. I have no doubt If they pursue a relationship, she will be the one wearing the pants and be very controlling. She probably won't be a big fan of his friends.

The sexy lingerie? I could have gone my whole life without that image in my head!! I don't think Evelyn should run, but I think Mickey should run, because brother she is going to suck the life out of you and your bank account, then move on to the next when she has no use for you anymore. But then again, maybe I'm being too harsh and judgmental. Maybe I'm all wrong. I hope so, and if I am, I apologize:)

Both of these idiots were made for each other.  She, looked 50 and still wearing what she did when she was 20.  He's a failed guitarist in a terrible band who still thinks at age 50 hes going to hit the big time.  

And Evelyn gave me the Mamie Van Doren vibe.  She surpasses him in her ridiculousness.  

mamie-van-dorentoday.jpg

She's clearly desperate.  I mean, he opens up to her once and then she acts as though suddenly he's not a douchebag frat boy?  Then he makes sure he says on camera multiple times that they had sex.  Of course, we suspected that, but the announcements were not needed.  After that, tape show he's a frat boy douche and she's on camera talking about what a frat boy douche he is.  But then he said something nice, like "but you're different than those drunk sluts" and she goes of into the distance...

Meanwhile, wasn't he pretty much drunk the entire time?  At 27, who is doing body shots?  And who lets that person do a body shot on you?  

I'm not defending him, I agree, he is a douchebag.  But I'm just saying that I don't think anyone who signs up for this show is a prize of any kind.  

I'm not defending him, I agree, he is a douchebag.  But I'm just saying that I don't think anyone who signs up for this show is a prize of any kind.  

I totally agreed with you!  That's what I was pointing out -- she sees the behavior she doesn't like first hand and yet she brushed it aside because he told her she was "special."  Something wrong with her as well.

• Love 1

I totally agreed with you!  That's what I was pointing out -- she sees the behavior she doesn't like first hand and yet she brushed it aside because he told her she was "special."  Something wrong with her as well.

Oops, well that's just sad on my part.  Let's blame my lack of intelligence on my headache, shall we?  Reading comprehension is not gonna happen for me today.

*steps away from the keyboard to go lie down in the dark*