Type keyword(s) to search

S19: Lea Thompson: All The Right Moves

• Start Topic

I am really curious to see what Lea and Artems salsa looks like. I'm hoping that her working on her show again hasn't hindered their rehearsal time and that it doesn't show in her dance. Looking at one of their rehearsal pics on instagram I'm guessing that lifts are going to be legal tonight.

Lifts are legal in DWTS salsa.

Thanks for letting me know spanana. It's been awhile since I have seen a salsa on the show so I couldn't remember. Although looking at Artems choreo he doesn't strike me as a pro that likes to break the rules or go super crazy with "mucking about".

Artem shouldn't be pushing Lea to be at Alfonsos level because it's not going to happen. Lea has dance ability but is so inside her head that she doesn't let things flow naturally. I'm hoping that maybe now that the judges mentioned her posture he will fix it. I'm surprised that he has won because as a pro he is lacking in some areas. Also normally when a pro is tough on a partner I get it but I felt like his attitude towards her wasn't needed. If they continue on this road they are going to be gone very soon. 

• Love 1

Lea is starting to bug - keep your tongue in your head, lady. I, for one, was very grateful that we viewers weren't treated to the image of her biting Artem during critique. Guess her super-sexy act last night was due to "jealousy" over Artem's burlesque with Janel, but she needs to cut out that crap and just dance.

...and you kids get off my lawn! lol

• Love 1

Seeing as how she is in the middle of the pack I don't think she will end up being a team leader. I think she's going to be our surprise boot of the season. Especially if Artem keeps it up with this whole you have to beat Alfonso bs. Last night he didn't choreograph to her strengths and it showed. She is spunky and has shown that she can move and have fun but he tossed all of that away in favor of her being "sexy" like the other girls. I have to give her props for once again dancing on her own with the troupe because that has to be a daunting task. I'm hoping that next week they have a more traditional ballroom dance because she needs a good week to help her (if she  isn't gone next week).

There is not one thing that is sexy about Lea. When you try to hard it just comes off as desperation. She is a good dancer but does absolutely nothing for me because I feel like she is always trying to hard to be something she's not. The only week she seemed herself was when she was doing the tribute to her dad, otherwise, it all feels forced. Even that week I wasn't completely wowed by her. I don't know what it is, but there is something that bugs. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 2

I blame Artem for that ...... Lea seems to have a flirty, fun personality.  Her salsa should have been less 'sex' and more 'flirt' and I think it would have been fine.  Let her use these wonderful legs and arms to create beautiful lines.

• Love 1

You hit the nail on the head OakGoblinFly. Lea can be very flirty in her dances (I saw it in her jive) but when it comes to passion and sexy it's just not going to happen. It looks like the teams have been picked and she is on Bethanys team. Lea is joining Janel, and Michael.

I don't know how to explain charisma or the X Factor, but Lea simply doesn't have it for me.  Even when she does quite well, by the time the closing credits begin to roll, I've entirely forgotten her performances. 

• Love 3

I think Lea has talent, but Artem definitely misfired last night.  He should have never had her dancing in front of the troupe like that.  As per a conversation on last week's show thread, there are right ways to use the troupe and wrong ways.  Personally I think there is too much troupe alltogether, but that's just me. But if you are going to use the troupe, you do it the way Val did with Lea last week.  Where the troupe added to the overall effect and distracted from whatever Lea was or wasn't doing.  You don't literally put your celeb in front of the female troupe members and have her dance in front of them.  All that does is highlight how much your celeb isn't a pro dancer.  It's exactly why the seasons we've had the trio dances, almost every pro chooses to use an extra pro of the opposite sex of their celeb.

Plus I actually really agreed with Carrie Anne in that it's stupid for Artem to be trying to get Lea to compete with Alfonso.  She's never going to bring the same thing to the dance floor as Alfonso so focus on what Lea can do and bringing that out as opposed to obsessing over who you think is your biggest competition.

I was a little surprised Julianne seems to think Lea is the female to beat.  I would have thought that was Sadie, but that's neither here nor there. 

So the dance choices for Lea next week are Samba and V. Waltz. I'm hoping that people pick the waltz because I think she really needs another good week(if she survives the next elimination). Leas only hope at this point is that Anotnio or Tommy didn't pull in the votes needed to move on. I think at this point she is dead meat. 

I think I've figured out what I don't like about Lea's routines--she dances so tentatively in almost every single one. It's like all of her moves are totally hesitant and almost unfinished. I know people have complained about Janel's moves being unfinished and incomplete, but I see it more with Lea than Janel.

• Love 1

So Lea and Artem are dancing Samba and Paso next week. It doesn't really matter anyways because her fate is sealed. She's either gone next week or after Tommy goes. Her heart isn't really in it anymore and I think thats because she knows how this is all going to go. The judges have been ridiculous with her and no matter what they do they cannot win. As much as I like Artem I think Lea would have done better with a not so conservative partner. Artem is too conservative for this show and while it's nice to see actual ballroo, the US version of this show is no longer focused on ballroom and is trying it's damndest to become So You Think You Can Dance.

I honestly do not believe that Leas fans picked the samba for her. The other choice was V. Waltz and her fans know that she is much better with standard than Latin. I think this was the shows way of making sure that if she didn't leave before Tommy or Michael there was no way she would make it over one of their pets. I think she's going home tonight because her and Tommy ended up with the same score after he was awarded those 3 points in the dance off. I was going to continue to watch the season but after all the BS I'm just done. I can see clips of the finale and what dance I want to on Youtube.

I'm actually sad to see Lea go, but honestly the sexy mama/tigress act was so cringeworthy.  Unfortunately, it seemed to be getting worse each week - and that, more than her dancing, may have her sent home. I just couldn't vote for it.

• Love 1

Addendum to my review of week 9: 

So DWTSGossip revealed she was the behind-the-scenes diva. Interesting.  The video package showed a bit more than perhaps was intended. The problem I think Lea's had all season has been trying to be something she's not (sex kitten, cougar, upbeat, light-hearted) and trying to appear to have a connection with Artem when there really isn't any connection. The undercurrent was...not sure if passive-aggressive is the right word.  But they clearly weren't seeing eye-to-eye when at week 9 they should be so in tune with each other that they can practically finish each other's sentences.  Even her "I'm sorry" at the end of the package came off as placating and caving in to smooth things over.  But it's not all on Lea. Part of the problem was Artem didn't seem to be the least bit supportive or willing/able to bring out the real Lea and went for the "easy" sexy cougar personna for her.  Not sure if I want to see Artem return next season.

I don't believe most gossip or I'll take it with a grain of salt and seriously weigh it based on the source.  HOWEVER I did go and watch her Afterbuzz interview and ABC7 interview with George....and I was surprised.  Those interviews gave me a better feel for her as a person and now I'm wondering which persona was the real her.   She seemed really bitter in those interviews. It was eye opening.  She joked that she didn't think she'd be asked back so I'm guessing there was some drama that we didn't see.

I think her and Artem felt like they got screwed over just to make sure certain people made it to the semi finals/finals. I don't think they were expecting there to be so much bs behind the scenes and producer shenanigans. I also think it has to hurt that she left and Tommy didn't. I have a feeling that her time on the show wasn't a good one and it's finally coming out. 

• Love 2

Today is the first time I've read Lea's "page," and am glad to see it's not all roses and lollipops.  She does have a darling little figure, but there's something about her leg placement that always seems off to me--almost awkward, although she is doing the steps just fine.  When I watch her, I see someone who's almost ready to panic and flee.  I'm in the wrong age group for Lea Love...but my middle-aged sons will always be fans.

• Love 1