Type keyword(s) to search

S19: Janel Parrish: Pretty Little Dancer

• Start Topic

I don't watch her show but wasn't her character "killed off"? I know it's a show with surprises (and I think there was no body going by commercials) but she probably didn't know exactly what was planned and when she would be brought back but that she would be since there are always some kind of flash back of something hinting at the past.

I don't watch her show but wasn't her character "killed off"? I know it's a show with surprises (and I think there was no body going by commercials) but she probably didn't know exactly what was planned and when she would be brought back but that she would be since there are always some kind of flash back of something hinting at the past.

It's a heavily flashback centered show, in terms of structure. One of the main characters was entirely in flashbacks up until this year. (When it turned out she wasn't dead after all.) The fact that she'd be still on the show wouldn't have been a surprise to Janel, from my understanding that it was a plan she'd be a continuing character from when the character was killed. I think there was a body though? But it's one of those shows where that doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

• Love 1

It's a bummer that this week of all weeks presents such a conflict - it must suck to not be able to invest fully, especially right at the end. I haven't always loved all her dances, but I think you can see she works really hard and wants this.

Yeah I'm hoping for the best. Everyone clearly deserves to be in the final they've all worked so hard to get to this point.  I just hope Janel & Val can make it happen.

• Love 1

Hype before the finale. Build up anticipation about what will happen, can she deliver, etc. and then she'll come out on Monday and kill the performances.

Well here's the thing.  When it comes to hype, Derek is really the master of under sell, and Alfonso's back issue is the news, more than anyone losing practice time, and it is really going to push him forward  as a hero if he kills Monday.  Val isn't nearly so nuanced,  so I really think Val and Janel are at a disadvantage losing 3 days of practice. I'm hopeful, Janel is brave tweeting, but 3 days is a long time. 

Edited by Andiethewestie