Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Duggar Daughter Dates

I would like some of the Duggar kids to take this verse to their parents when they enter a courtship: Romans 16:16 "Greet one another with a holy kiss." ;)

When Derick proposed to Jill I think NOT kissing after she said "yes" and he put the ring on her finger looked incredibly awkward. I felt bad for them.

I see the whole thing as a reaction to the sexual explicitness that is in our culture. It is such black and white thinking to act as if there is no middle ground between barely touching until marriage and casual sex. If SELF-control is the goal, teaching you kids your values and then loosening your grip on ADULT children would actually allow them to show self-control. Currently, they are under external control.

• Love 4

The whole courtship and chaperone thing is beyond bizarre to me. Do these young adults not realize that they are - well, young adults? They are of age and they don't really have to go along with this made up culture.

Incredible that nobody has said uh, no thanks. Yet.

It is so hard to watch! You bring your little brother on a date... so strange. If you are getting married, and your parents are still in control and making decisions for you something is wrong. You are not ready to get married. I felt so bad for the little boys who had to tag along. 

• Love 3
I agree that these courts of rules are ridiculous though. I don't understand the idea that you can get to know your future spouse without ever being alone with them.

Silly you, getting to know someone is for AFTER you are married. And then if you find something that you really don't like about your spouse - oh well!

• Love 1