Type keyword(s) to search

David Tutera's CELEBration - General Discussion

• Start Topic

been looking for a David Tutera topic for a couple of weeks and now that there is one, I can't think of what I wanted to talk about! But will say that the Real Housewife was a piece of work. I don't watch any of the Real Housewife shows, so I didn't know who she was. I had heard about her husband's suicide, but didn't know it was an abusive marriage. And nice to see David has a new partner in his life. His daughter is cute, but boy will she be spoiled. Funny how he keeps all together in other people's parties, but goes nutso in his personal life. And why is he not doing the assistant's wedding?

• Love 1

OMGGGGGGG. To say that I am happy to see this forum is an understatement.

Taylor Armstrong is a legend in her own lunchtime, isn't she? Did she think she was making memorable TV? Does ANYONE who's never watched Bravo even give a shit who she is? What kind of DUMBASS decides to plan the equivalent of a royal wedding (in her mind!) in just two weeks and fights the entire time with a wedding planner who has shown repeatedly that he pulls off amazing events? And again, WHY does David Tutera choose to work with people that are absolutely repugnant? Truthfully, after watching Tay-tay's meltdown over dresses from a designer she claims to "loove" and her demands for a custom-designed gown, I was pretty much done. I really didn't care about her sob story re: the first marriage. Her ex is too dead to defend himself. I don't condone anyone hitting anyone else, but wow, living with that woman should come with hazard pay.

Can't WAIT until husband-poo finds out up close and personal what a beeyotch she is.

I thought it was interesting he wasn't doing his assistant's wedding as well. Wonder why.

• Love 1

What's to come this season: a party for JWoww, Lil' Kim's baby shower, an anniversary party for Brandy and Ray J's parents, a party for Tanisha Thomas, Amy Weber's twins' birthday party, Alexis Bellino's vow renewal, and Jonathan Platero's wedding to Oksana Dmytrenko.

Never believed anything that comes out of that grifter Taylor Armstrong's duckbilled platypus face. That she would let that poor little face daughter be on TV in support of her bullshit is repugnant. The husband left his wife for that sorry bitch, hope he lives to regret it; unlike her last one. As for Jwow. Wow. Now I know what pregnant face and botox look like.This show is a huge mistake for DT. I can't imagine anyone being interested in his tawdry personal story, the new boyfriend is charmless. The queen for a dayand how to formula of the wedding show is what people are interested in. I don't want to see some asshole dlist celebrity bitching they don't like their designer dress. BITCHES. Also, DT needs to back off the botox, he's getting that asian look.

• Love 4

What's to come this season: a party for JWoww, Lil' Kim's baby shower, an anniversary party for Brandy and Ray J's parents, a party for Tanisha Thomas, Amy Weber's twins' birthday party, Alexis Bellino's vow renewal, and Jonathan Platero's wedding to Oksana Dmytrenko.

In other words, D-list "celebrities" that will do their best to make Taylor Armstrong's meltdowns look normal.

Has anyone told Tutera that we don't need to know about his personal life? Or spend one minute watching any of the above "celebrities"?

• Love 1

I wish they would show him and his team deciding on what to use for decor, and what food to serve rather than the drama. I'd like to see them show what to use at a baby shower vs birthday party vs wedding. 

• Love 1

I can't believe that DT can put up with these entitled people. I guess if you have too much money and a little name recognition you think you can call all the shots. Late for every meeting and your shower? Insulting everyone on your wedding day? Making unreasonable demands about a motorcycle for your boyfriend? They couldn't pay me enough to deal with that.

• Love 1

Best part of the Lil Kim episode was at the beginning when she first called him and David said "that's Lil kim?" LOL

Anyone notice that her upper lip/mouth doesn't move anymore? Way too much botox and plastic surgery..just my opinion.

I can't believe that DT can put up with these entitled people. I guess if you have too much money and a little name recognition you think you can call all the shots. Late for every meeting and your shower? Insulting everyone on your wedding day? Making unreasonable demands about a motorcycle for your boyfriend? They couldn't pay me enough to deal with that.

Co-sign! All of these people with diva attitudes but no accomplishments to back them up. Ugh. Legit stars who are actually talented at something are bad enough, but at least their sense of entitlement is based on some sort of talent and achievement. But if all of these self-absorbed, entitled, reality show losers are now the bulk of David's clientele, I feel sorry for him. I'm sure he's making the bucks, but it's got to be soul-destroying to spend that much time catering to those vapid, clueless, wildly insecure, empty shells of human beings.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

Omg David Tutera there are no words for how low you have sunk. Remember the man who just a few season's ago would help a grateful bride to be with a sad story plan a wedding of her dreams, choose a gorgeous venue and decorate it to perfection, have her and her bridesmaids dressed in the most beautiful gowns, pick out the cake, food and signature drinks with the bride and groom?  He threw just enough drama in there to keep it interesting. What the hell is he thinking now? He's making a fool out of himself and his brand. And for what? Just to stay on TV? Step away from the camera, David, before you lose your credibility as one of the most sought after wedding planners in the celebrity world. Oh, and while we are speaking of stepping away, please stop with the spray tan, teeth whitener, black hair dye and botox already. You are a naturally handsome man and a little goes a long way. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 3

I remember first seeing David on Platinum Weddings.  Now that is what I like to see him do, work with a huge budget, with a classy outcome.  Maybe the tantrums were edited out of that show (kind of doubt it), but I liked seeing the over the top weddings.  

The D list (if they are even that high) celebs, bleh.  All seadem crass, tasteless, and just doing this to extend their 15 minutes of fame.   I keep seeing the Jwoww promos, and have no desire to watch that at all.  No interest in Lil Kim either.  The only ones I might watch  are Brandy and Ray J and Alexis Bellino.  

I know WE wanted to get out of the wedding shows, but they've gone from bad, to worse, and now this.

• Love 3

I am so Team Slomique (what an unfortunate name!).

I have yet to see David do shit but pal around with the "stars". Everything is left to Slomique and he treats her like a workhorse. I get that that's her job, but rule number 1 of management is to never ask your employees to do something that you wouldn't do and he puts these unreasonable expectations on her that he wouldn't even be able to satisfy. Good for her that she always comes through, but why is he paid the big bucks if she's the one pulling miracles out of her ass every episode?

Hell, David doesn't even show up to the venue until 1-2 hours before the event. When he finally decides to grace the venue with his presence, he says "walk me through it". What the fuck, aren't you the party planner? It was funny as hell watching David bitch about Lil Kim's time management while David was still at his hotel, in his bathrobe, just a couple hours before the party. So he was party planning from his hotel room? Bullshit, Slomique did everything.

Not to mention, Slomique is better with the clients. David has been too busy looking down his nose at his clients to get to know them enough to plan a party around their personalities. So if Slomique is the one who understands the clients, if Slomique is managing the party planning, and if Slomique is responsible for satisfying the unreasonable demands of these "celebrities", what the hell is David for? His rolodex of florists, lighting experts, and cake decorators? Whatever she's paid, it isn't enough.

• Love 2

UGH.....David needs to let go of the reality stars and celebrities....I don't want to watch...who cares! ugh. I want to see regular people and their insanity...and tacky peacock feather and LED lights on a mirror! wth!

• Love 1

So far, I've watched the Taylor Armstrong episode (because I love weddings) and the Lil Kim episode (because I used to be a huge fan of hers). This show is kind of a mess. I love the end products and David is a wonderful party planner, but I found Taylor and Lil Kim kind of annoying and insufferable. Lil Kim came off like she wasn't all there mentally, from the constant giggling to the lisp (which she didn't have before) to the constant tardiness to her having a bodyguard everywhere she went...I didn't like her episode.

I wonder why David/WE moved away from the weddings. Was it because of ratings? I much prefer the wedding format to this if we're going to be subjected to this mess.

• Love 2

Is it possible that this could be the series to finally kick D list celebs off the radar permanently? It is clear to anyone who watches this that these women are just irrelevant. The world is getting much too scary and I know we all need our diversions but this just shows how insignificant these folks are. DT has to be in it for the fame and attention.

L'il Kim was a mess. She seems like a nice person deep down but she's nuts. Very disappointed in this show, as DT's old show with real "real" people was much more interesting and even uplifting.  

• Love 1

This shows how crazy the D list celebs are, and how desperate David is to deal with this crap.

Just got done watching the Alexia meltdown over a dress. Fun y how she laughed for a Saks dress instead of the couture Costello dress that she had originally loved. What an annoying priss. Surprised David hasn't flipped on any of them yet. This show seems to get worse and worse every episode.

And then she left to go change into thhe same dress she said she didn't want in the first place. What a nut. If I was her guest, I would have ditched her. 90 minute wait before and another time for the Jessica Bobbit dress. What a loon.

Edited by Spiderella2

And again, I am left wondering why David Tutera is working with these people in the first place. Alexis Bellino needs a good psych eval instead of a "vow renewal", IMHO. I can't imagine living with someone so obviously unbalanced.

Speaking of "unbalanced", who puts their baby's feet in the middle of the smash cake? Who spends thousands upon thousands for a first birthday party, too?

They're not even divorced yet and I doubt they ever will be.

Wait a minute... I have no idea who this woman is so I assumed she was divorced. Are you telling me they aren't divorced? I think a divorce party is horrible but it's even worse if they aren't divorced. And I'm not buying the 'celebrating the woman I am now' crap. Something tells me this woman celebrates herself every day.

Are you telling me they aren't divorced?

They have an on-again off-again relationship. I think they separated 6 months after they got married because he cheated. They stayed married however and recently appeared on Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars where they fought the entire time and then decided to divorce at the end. Tanisha's "divorce party" must have been filmed immediately after because Gretchen Rossi and Slade Smiley showed up, and they also appeared on Marriage Boot Camp with her.

I think this woman is all about the drama and attention but she is also deeply insecure and needs a man standing behind her.

I've pretty much given up on this show, but had to watch the Ambush Wedding, 1) it was a wedding, 2) the bride was from the troupe on DWTS, 3) All the other dancers. But how do you do an ambush wedding? What about marriage license - don't live in California, don't know if one is required, but we had to get license several days in advance of the wedding. Bringing her mother and young brother from Ukraine was great, but they flew that distance, went to hair, makeup and costumes & walked in to the wedding? Little brother had to have been exhausted - that's cruel that they weren't there to rest for a day or so. I guess they were on limited visa and flying was iffy, but still think they should have a day to rest. Did he do this wedding with the old format of 3 weeks planning time? If they are not on that schedule, it seems things could have taken a little more time so there wasn't so much rushing. But I guess that was the point - for the drama. They are a pretty couple, I wish them continued love. 

The only surprise wedding I could see would be one the bride & groom are in on, but it's a surprise to the guests. We had almost the same things in our family - only they were more shotgun. 

• Love 1

I've pretty much given up on this show, but had to watch the Ambush Wedding, 1) it was a wedding, 2) the bride was from the troupe on DWTS, 3) All the other dancers. But how do you do an ambush wedding? What about marriage license - don't live in California, don't know if one is required, but we had to get license several days in advance of the wedding. Bringing her mother and young brother from Ukraine was great, but they flew that distance, went to hair, makeup and costumes & walked in to the wedding? Little brother had to have been exhausted - that's cruel that they weren't there to rest for a day or so. I guess they were on limited visa and flying was iffy, but still think they should have a day to rest. Did he do this wedding with the old format of 3 weeks planning time? If they are not on that schedule, it seems things could have taken a little more time so there wasn't so much rushing. But I guess that was the point - for the drama. They are a pretty couple, I wish them continued love. 

The only surprise wedding I could see would be one the bride & groom are in on, but it's a surprise to the guests. We had almost the same things in our family - only they were more shotgun. 

The ambush wedding turned my stomach.   Call me sexist, traditionalist, anachronistic, whatever, but the wedding day is the bride's day.   And her groom stole it from her.

He robbed her of the planning stages (I know, I know, maybe it was a blessing in disguise but she still should have had the right to choose), of registering for wedding gifts, choosing her bridal party, her bridal shower, planning their honeymoon ... he even denied her the joy of choosing her own wedding dress.

And why?   To satisfy his own selfish fantasy.   To aggrandize his ego and make him appear to be some perverse kind of hero in the eyes of her family and their friends (if they really were friends and not just hired extras).

Maybe he thinks she's not entitled to any of this because she's from the Ukraine and she ought to shut up and be happy with whatever she gets.   But damn.   What he did was cold. 

If Tutera had any character or backbone he would have turned down the gig.  But I guess that wouldn't pay for his big mansion, pool, boyfriend, baby, etc.

I watch shows like this and think, "is it any wonder why people in other lands hate America?"

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

They re-aired this trainwreck last night.  Alexis kept saying "we hired you to..........."  no, you didn't.  You agreed to be on this show, and I'm sure got a party for free or heavily discounted.

The meltdown she had about dresses, then seating chart or some nonsense were ridiculous.  Then she kept everyone waiting so they could find a dress (that miraculously fit her perfectly - yeah, right), then decided the original dress was fine for a reception dress.  Scripted nonsense, but I think she also has a screw loose.

The birthday party for the daughter, I doubt he paid full price, if he even paid for stuff.  It was over the top, but David's stuff is always over the top.  If he'd just thrown a small party, then the talk would be oh he can do lavish parties for others, but he can't for his own daughter.  It seemed like he had a lot of party favor stuff, lots of decorations, but it didn't look to be a huge party.  (I started dozing off during the birthday party). 

I cannot believe they're doing a second season of this show.  Must have good enough ratings and be low cost enough to keep it going.

I just watched the Perez Hilton party episode.  He said they had RSVP's for over 350.  It did not look anywhere near that number to me.  The party didn't look glam or high end - more like something I'd see at a upscale convention expo.  Then the time came for the celebrity video - David had said they needed 12 top celebs to be on the video.  I didn't recognize half of the people, and they looked maybe C list at the best.

The whole drama about the video with the assistant was manufactured bs.  Had any real employer said that to an employee, the employee would've walked out, period.  The entire concept is crap, like they'd put together a huge party and get people to show up within 4 days.  Any real A listers are booked months in advance, so no way would there be any top celebs attending.

David needs to walk away from the Botox or any other procedures as his skin is looking taut - like a drum.  The hair color is way too much too, a shoe polish black.

David needs to walk away from the Botox or any other procedures as his skin is looking taut - like a drum.  The hair color is way too much too, a shoe polish black.

It's way overdone.  He went from attractive to surgeried.  Not good.

There's a new gay hottie planning weddings.  Some guy named Mikey.  Anyone see the promos for it?

• Love 1

I just watched the Perez Hilton party episode.  He said they had RSVP's for over 350.  It did not look anywhere near that number to me.  The party didn't look glam or high end - more like something I'd see at a upscale convention expo.  Then the time came for the celebrity video - David had said they needed 12 top celebs to be on the video.  I didn't recognize half of the people, and they looked maybe C list at the best.

The whole drama about the video with the assistant was manufactured bs.  Had any real employer said that to an employee, the employee would've walked out, period.  The entire concept is crap, like they'd put together a huge party and get people to show up within 4 days.  Any real A listers are booked months in advance, so no way would there be any top celebs attending.

I was somewhere and this was on TV.    I didn't know much about Perez Hilton going in, but the show made him look like a glorified nobody basking in the adulation of people who appeared to be extras sent over by one of those low-budget "modeling agencies."   And the "celebrities" on the video reel?   F-listers whose agents probably coaxed them into doing it for the exposure.  I don't think there was a real celebrity for miles in any direction.

I guess that's what happens when you throw a party for yourself.  

I felt embarrassed for David Tutera each time he feigned dread that Hilton might write something unflattering about him.

• Love 1

I felt embarrassed for David Tutera each time he feigned dread that Hilton might write something unflattering about him.

This cracked me up as well. I don't really read Perez Hilton's blog but I hear he has made a living making fun of and degrading celebrities for the past 10 years. There is NO WAY a whole bunch of people, nonetheless celebrities, would come together to celebrate that! It was the most bizarre set-up. And absolutely no mention of "Uh oh, because I've the nature of my business I'm scared no one will want to celebrate me!" It was just weird.