Type keyword(s) to search

The Greatest Night In Pop

• Start Topic

If you haven't already watched this then I would definitely add it to your must watch list, Prince for one does not come out of it well. 

• Like 1
On 2/6/2024 at 12:12 PM, Shrek said:

If you haven't already watched this then I would definitely add it to your must watch list, Prince for one does not come out of it well. 

It does fit what he showed of himself in Purple Rain. It would be later after Larry Graham became his mentor. While the hits were not longer as big they did lead to his legend status even with only a three year hot period.

When Stevie Wonder almost spiked the schedule and Waylon Jennings walking out was the danger point.  Ray Charles as the elder nudging Quincy to take charge

Madonna is another one who is notable by her absence, her advisors probably said the same as Cindy Lauper's and whereas Cindy ignored them Madonna probably went with what they said.

I really enjoyed this. It's interesting how some people came off looking better and others look worse. Who knew all the work that went into making one song.

Stevie Wonder coaching Bob Dylan was great. Al Jarreau being drunk was hilarious. Sheila E is still bitter. Loved Smokey Robinson being the one to rein Michael Jackson in was great.

Kenny Rogers driving himself to the studio was nice. Just a fun project.

(edited)

I enjoyed this as well. Lionel Richie’s commentary on being at Michael Jackson’s house working on the song and imitating Michael was hilarious. I remember when this was happening and I recall listening to the song on the car radio with my aunt when it was first released and either that day or a little later we bought the album. I’ve seen previous BTS stuff about this event, but I think this doc covered things in more detail from various people involved. Definitely chaotic, but they made it work

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

The In Loving Memory card at the end of the participating artists and a couple of others who have since died was sad