Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
HalcyonDays

The 2014-2015 NFL Football Pool

NFC Divisional Round (3 points)

(4) Carolina Panthers @ (1) Seattle Seahawks - Saturday January 10th (8:15 pm ET)
(3) Dallas Cowboys @ (2) Green Bay Packers - Sunday January 11th (1:05 pm ET)

NFC Championship Game (5 points)
Green Bay Packers vs Seattle Seahawks Sunday January 18th (3:05 pm ET)

AFC Divisional Round (3 points)
(6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots - Saturday January 10th (4:35 pm ET)
(4) Indianapolis Colts @ (2) Denver Broncos (aka horses playing horses) – Sunday January 11th (4:40 pm ET)

AFC Championship Game (5 points)
Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos  Sunday January 18th (6:40 pm ET)

Super Bowl XLIX (10 points)
Sunday, February 1st (6:30 pm ET) - U. of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ

Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks (Round 2)

The SuperBowl Champion will be: Seattle Seahawks (Second verse, same as the first)

Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 23-17

(4) Carolina Panthers @ (1) Seattle Seahawks
(3) Dallas Cowboys @ (2) Green Bay Packers

Green Bay @ Seattle Seahawks

(6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots
(4) Indianapolis Colts @ (2) Denver Broncos

Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

The SuperBowl Champion will be:  Seattle Seahawks
Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 31-28

Edited by King of Birds
  • Like 1

I almost just sat out the rest of the playoffs because I'm absolutely heartbroken that my Steelers went home early. I am the kind of fan that if the Steelers lose, I'm in a bad mood for the rest of the day. It took almost a week to get over this one. Maybe now they'll learn that you cannot put all your eggs in on basket. Sometimes the basket breaks.

Anywho::

(4) Carolina Panthers @ (1) Seattle Seahawks- Saturday January 10th (8:15 pm ET)

(3) Dallas Cowboys @ (2) Green Bay Packers- Sunday January 11th (1:05 pm ET)

(2) Green Bay Packers vs (1) Seattle Seahawks

Sunday January 18th (3:05 pm ET)

(6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots - Saturday January 10th (4:35 pm ET)

(4) Indianapolis Colts @ (2) Denver Broncos(aka horses playing horses) – Sunday January 11th (4:40 pm ET)

(2) Denver Broncos vs (1) New England Patrots Sunday January 18th (6:40 pm ET)

Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks

The SuperBowl Champion will be: Denver Broncos

Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 28-27

•• If Peyton & Co. get to Glendale, I doubt they'll be denied again. Especially if it's a rematch of last years Super Bowl.

••• First the Ravens beat us- now (even though I picked the Patriots to win) I have to root for the Ravens. I guess I'm not completely over our loss after all. The only thing that would be worse than that loss is If the Patriots would win the SB & Bill B. would have as many rings as Chuck Noll.

• Like 1

(4) Carolina Panthers @ (1) Seattle Seahawks - Saturday January 10th (8:15 pm ET)

(1) Seattle Seahawks vs (3) Dallas Cowboys  Sunday January 18th (3:05 pm ET)

(4) Indianapolis Colts @ (2) Denver Broncos (aka horses playing horses) – Sunday January 11th (4:40 pm ET)

(1) New England Patriots vs (2) Denver Broncos  Sunday January 18th (6:40 pm ET)

Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots

The SuperBowl Champion will be: Seattle Seahawks
Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 34-24

So I told myself last week that if the Ravens won, I'd pick them all the way through.  Because I had no expectations that they'd win (despite the "The Ravens don't lose in the playoffs" thing that people are saying.  If they didn't lose, they would have a boatload of SB trophies!).  And...they won.  So now, I guess I gotta do this.  What the hell...   (which is my new life motto, replacing "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning")

Green Bay Packers vs Seattle Seahawks  Sunday January 18th (3:05 pm ET)

Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos  Sunday January 18th (6:40 pm ET)

Baltimore Ravens vs Seattle Seahawks

The SuperBowl Champion will be: Baltimore Ravens (because, what the hell...)
Predicted Final Score (5/10 points):   24-17

Divisional Round

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys

Patriots over Ravens

Colts over Broncos

NFC Championship

Packers

AFC Championship

Patriots

SuperBowl

Packers over Patriots

34-28

Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers Sunday January 18th (3:05 pm ET)

New England Patriots vs Indianapolis Colts  Sunday January 18th (6:40 pm ET)

Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots

The SuperBowl Champion will be: Seattle Seahawks
Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 24 - 21

Do we get points for the Championship games if we picked the winner, but we had the loser incorrect? 

Do we get points for the Championship games if we picked the winner, but we had the loser incorrect?

P2C2E, not sure what you mean by that? For example, your picks for the AFC championship game, you think it would be the Colts vs the Patriots. You picked the Patriots to win the AFC. However, the actual matchup ends up being Patriots vs Broncos, yet the Patriots do win the AFC.

You would get 3 points from the divisional round,since you correctly picked the Patriots to beat the ravens. However, by picking the Bronco to beat the Colts, you would not get those 3 points. However, by correctly picking the winner for the AFC championship, you would get the five points for it. I hope that makes sense.

I wish I could have written this out as a bracket, or provided a PDF document that you could fill in a bracket. Sorry about that. It just makes it easier to visualize.

Can I just say that though I didn't pick the Ravens, man did they play amazing! Totally awesome. Flacco and Forsett did amazing. They truly deserved to win, just bad luck at the very end....and honestly, I thought it was a poor play call at the end to have Flacco throw that long bomb that got intercepted. The Ravens should have continued to march down the field, burning the clock. They were easily moving the ball and getting first downs. That play call made no sense.

But man  - that Edelman QB throw to Amendola for the touchdown. Excellent play.

So now, I guess I gotta do this. What the hell... (which is my new life motto, replacing "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning")

I was just looking at everyone's picks when I saw your new life motto. I like it but the one it replaced literally made me laugh out loud. You're right- you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. I'll have to remember that!

• Like 1

I may be drinking all day.   1 out of 4.   1 out of 4.   How do you pick that badly?    Clearly the NFL hates me despite my love for it.

And now we have to hear the slurping over the Leprachaun all week.    Save me.   

• Like 1

P2C2E, not sure what you mean by that? For example, your picks for the AFC championship game, you think it would be the Colts vs the Patriots. You picked the Patriots to win the AFC. However, the actual matchup ends up being Patriots vs Broncos, yet the Patriots do win the AFC.

You would get 3 points from the divisional round,since you correctly picked the Patriots to beat the ravens. However, by picking the Bronco to beat the Colts, you would not get those 3 points. However, by correctly picking the winner for the AFC championship, you would get the five points for it. I hope that makes sense.

That is exactly what I was asking about, thank you! Although, I actually got all my pics right (however I managed that, I'm sure I don't know) so as Joey says, the point is moo. 

Well, divisional weekend is over and most of the favoured teams have advanced to the championship games. The Indianapolis Colts will face the New England Patriots for the AFC. The Green Bay Packers will face the Seattle Seahawks for the NFC.

The Patriots game was really exciting, tbh. Not surprised that Peyton and the Broncos faltered. And really, really pissed off that the Cowboy's didn't win. I don't care what the refs say - that was a completed catch by Dez Bryant. One of the worst calls ever (yeah, yeah I am biased - and bitter). merylinkid and I are going to commiserate together.

In terms of divisional week picks, P2C2E, shoregirl and wingster55 all picked perfectly and got the maximum 12 points for the round.

There are seven people left who still have their Superbowl teams still alive. AimingforYoko, ExplainItAgain, P2C2E, Popples, shoregirl, wingster55 and King of Birds.

And wingster55 should note that since I'm out, I will end up finishing last place!! Woohoo! Excellent - that was my goal *grin* See, it's not over till it's over.

Here are the current standings:

ExplainItAgain                180
AimingforYoko               178
Popples                            176
ebk57                               167
EllieH                                161
KingOfBirds                     161
P2C2E                               157
shoregirl                          156
merylinkid                        153
Mountainair                     147
anarchyangel84              147
HalcyonDays                   142
wingster55                      140

I just mathematically figured that the only way I can beat ExplainItAgain is all about the Super Bowl score. We've picked the same teams from this point out.

So, remind me again? How does the 5 or 10 points work?

I just mathematically figured that the only way I can beat ExplainItAgain is all about the Super Bowl score. We've picked the same teams from this point out.

So, remind me again? How does the 5 or 10 points work?

Ooooh....King of Birds has a mission...excellent. This should be fun.

The 5/10 points works like this. If you correctly pick the SuperBowl winner, and correct guess the final score, you get a ten point bonus. If you pick the wrong team to win the Superbowl, but happen to guess the correct final score of the game, you get a 5 point bonus.

For those of us whose teams have already been eliminated, we can still get a potential 5 points extra for the score prediction.

So the only way you can catch up points on ExplainItAgain is if you get the correct final score!!

So the only way you can catch up points on ExplainItAgain is if you get the correct final score!!

Nope. She's got 19 points on me.  Most I can earn is 30, but she gains 20 at the same time.  I forgot about the points gained she'll rack up in my initial estimate.

Yeah, I think only Popples and AimingforYoko are the only ones who could possibly catch ExplainItAgain right now. Popples, only because they picked a different SuperBowl winner and score, Yoko because of the differing score.

Anyone want to have a side bet??

Anyone want to have a side bet??

Like, "will there be a safety in the New England/ Indy game?" type of side bet?  Whatchoo talking 'bout Halcyon?

"Will there be another NippleGate with Katy Perry?'  YES PLEASE!

BTW, what DOES the PreviouslyTV NFL Football pool winner get?  Is it still a mystery?  Glarkware?

PS- ya know... if you adjusted the amount of points given for the Super Bowl final score to... 25 points, that gives hope to P2C2E, shoregirl and myself that we could topple the hierarchy of the standings.

Edited by King of Birds

Like, "will there be a safety in the New England/ Indy game?" type of side bet?  Whatchoo talking 'bout Halcyon?

"Will there be another NippleGate with Katy Perry?'  YES PLEASE!

BTW, what DOES the PreviouslyTV NFL Football pool winner get?  Is it still a mystery?  Glarkware?

PS- ya know... if you adjusted the amount of points given for the Super Bowl final score to... 25 points, that gives hope to P2C2E, shoregirl and myself that we could topple the hierarchy of the standings.

Nah, I meant the side bet being if Popples or Yoko could beat ExplainItAgain. But I like your idea of "will there be a safety" bet? Or any bet, for that matter.

I know HOW I want to reward, but unfortunately the powers-that-be indicated - currently - what they are willing to offer. Sorry to disappoint, but right now it will be a lovely, soft, comfortable, cozy T-shirt in a variety of colours and sizes and styles, emblazened with the PTV logo. Wish it could be something more fancy, spectacular, etc. That's what it is right now.

In all truth, when we get our winner, I'll be hitting up the powers-that-be to determine what is available. Again, sorry to disappoint but I'm just a lowly mod minion. *sadsmile*

As for your suggestion of the 25 points. We've got like three weeks to the SuperBowl and I'm open to a challenge. If you guys all agree that the final score should be worth 25 points, why not??

Predicting a score is the hardest thing to do, so hey, let's make it fun. If I get a bunch of you voting to change the point allocation to 25, that's cool. (and hopefully fair). Maybe something like 10 points if you get score correct/team wrong, and 25 points if score correct/team correct.

Let me know...this is all in fun!!

And wingster55 should note that since I'm out, I will end up finishing last place!! Woohoo! Excellent - that was my goal *grin* See, it's not over till it's over.

Hah! I won't be last :D

Now if only I could overtake that pesky anarchyangel :P

Hah! I won't be last :D

Now if only I could overtake that pesky anarchyangel :P

Yea yea, We'll see. Luck can only take you so far Wingster55. (The Colts may find that out too.) The Broncos lost so my Super Bowl pick is out but that doesn't mean that I'm out. ; )

(Actually if it is the Packers & Patriots in the Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for you to win!!)

Damn, Seattle....DAMN! That was an amazing comeback. Crazy game.

SuperBowl XLIX is officially set ---> Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots.

shoregirl, AimingforYoko, King of Birds, ExplainItAgain and P2C2E all picked the Seattle Seahawks to win.

NO ONE picked the Patriots to win the SuperBowl.

This is gonna be fun!!!

Uggghhhh. The Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl. I expected it- but I was hoping against hope that it wouldn't happen. I still think that if the Steelers woulda lost in Wk 17, we could've been going against the Pats today.

Now I NEED the Patriots to lose- because the ONLY thing worse than us losing is the Pats winning in 2 wks. I know, we lost & I really need to shut the hell up & get over it. Go Hawks!

Edited by anarchyangel84

Damn, Seattle....DAMN! That was an amazing comeback. Crazy game.

SuperBowl XLIX is officially set ---> Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots.

shoregirl, AimingforYoko, King of Birds, ExplainItAgain and P2C2E all picked the Seattle Seahawks to win.

NO ONE picked the Patriots to win the SuperBowl.

This is gonna be fun!!!

I just wanted to tell you Thank you for doing this football pool.

It's been fun & a great compliment to the season. Also, it's been distraction as I've been going through some personal stuff. I really do hope that you can do this again next season- and everyone comes back.

Awww..thanks anarchyangel84!! Yeah, I enjoyed doing this pool. A lot of fun and everyone here made it really fun too!! Hilarious and awesome comments from all of you! Yeah, I'll probably do this again next year, hopefully everyone will come back!

So as I mentioned above - SuperBowl XLIX is Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots. Even though I am out, I'm rooting for Seattle to win!!!

shoregirl, King of Birds, ExplainItAgain and P2C2E all correctly picked the winners of the AFC and NFC championship games. If anyone wants to win big at ProLine - listen to them. All four of you guys picked Seattle to win the SuperBowl. Based on the standings, AimingForYoko and Popples are the only two that can beat ExplainItAgain, and ONLY if they correctly predict the final SuperBowl score. So its still not over!! As I mentioned, if you guys want to change the point allocation, let me know.

So the Queen of Picks of this season is ExplainItAgain!!! Seriously, Proline. I need to win some cash - give us your advice!!!

ExplainItAgain              190
AimingforYoko              183
Popples                           181
ebk57                              172
KingOfBirds                    171
P2C2E                              167
shoregirl                         166
EllieH                               161
merylinkid                       153
anarchyangel84            152
Mountainair                    147
HalcyonDays                  147
wingster55                     145

• Like 1

I credit my success to....absolutely nothing! I picked teams I liked, picked against teams I didn't like and then just kinda guessed! Although, I guess I do have to give credit to my SO for a few picks, including the Denver/Indianapolis game last week. 

I came in a week late on the pool but I have had so much fun with all of you guys and I'm definitely in for next year!!

One more game left...go Seahawks!!

If not for the INT....  my guess from January 9th:

The SuperBowl Champion will be:  Seattle Seahawks
Predicted Final Score (5/10 points): 31-28

If only...

If not for the INT....  my guess from January 9th:

If only...

Damn man, you were nearly dead-on!

It was a good game, but as a Bills fan I'm not down with the outcome.

Ladies and Gentlemen - SuperBowl XLIX has come and gone, and after the worst play call in history (no seriously), the New England Patriots have won the championship....(yeah....) with a final score of 28-24. Seattle was robbed man...robbed by their own coach and offensive coordinator. Just saying.

NO ONE picked the Patriots to win the Superbowl. And NO ONE correctly predicted the final score. Final scores are notoriously hard to guess (which is why I wanted to include it for big bonus points), however KingofBirds came the closest. If the game ended as it should have, Marshawn Lynch would have run in for a touchdown, they would have kicked the point after, and the final would be 31-24, giving KingofBirds a bonus of 10 points. But I'm not bitter...no....

Now to the good stuff. Throughout most of the regular season and all of the post season, there has been only ONE dominating force to be reckoned with. One person whose picks were so good, she snatched the Golden Halo and refused to give it up, even though there was some very stiff competition from AimingforYoko, Popples, KingofBirds and ebk57, amongst others.

The WINNER of the 2014-2015 NFL Football Pool is.......*drum roll please*

fireworks-1.gifExplainItAgain!!!     fireworks-1.gif
With her confidence and good instincts, she killed us all with a final score of 190!! Congratulations, ExplainItAgain!! WooHoo!! As for the final prize, I've PMed our fearless leader to find out what he currently has to give. When I hear back from him, I'll PM you with the details, and let everyone here know what the final prize is. Again HUGE congrats. You done good!! *grin*

I had fun doing this pool and you guys were a great bunch to run the pool with. Truly, you are all awesome people. I hope to run this again next season, and hope all of you guys will come back and play again!!

Final NFL Pool Leaderboard

ExplainItAgain              190
AimingforYoko              183
Popples                           181
ebk57                              172
KingOfBirds                    171
P2C2E                              167
shoregirl                         166
EllieH                               161
merylinkid                       153
anarchyangel84            152
Mountainair                    147
HalcyonDays                  147
wingster55                     145

• Like 4

Yay! Congrats to ExplainItAgain!

Even though I might as well have come in last place I had the best time participating! Count me in for next season to be sure. I'm calling it now.... Carolina Panthers win the Super Bowl!!!

• Like 1

Wow! I can't believe it....

I'd like to thank the Academy...

No wait, wrong speech. 

I had a blast this year with you guys and every week toward the end I was afraid Popples or AimingforYoko would overtake me! I actually waffled quite a bit on the Seahawks or the Patriots and I went with my heart over my head. Isn't it time for Brady to retire already?! Totally over the Patriots.

I will try to be back next year (just started grad school and it's kicking my butt!) so until then... sweet Lombardi dreams everyone! :) :)

• Like 3

Mazel tov ExplainItAgain!!

I did much better than I had any reasonable hope to, so I'm happy.  Looking forward to doing this again next season!

• Like 2

Once again, congrats to ExplainItAgain, who procured herself a nice Glarkware Sweatshirt for being the Queen of Picks!

This thread will be locked now, and a new thread will be created for the 2015-2016 season.

Thank you to everyone for being a part of the pool. You all made it so much fun and I really hope to see everyone back when the next season starts in September! Cheers!

• Like 1