Type keyword(s) to search

Fashion Police - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I had trouble with Joan Rivers sometimes but found her much more tolerable after I watched the documentary about her, "A Piece of Work." It is definitely worth a look.  The woman worked HARD. I still don't appreciate all of her "humor" but knowing how much work she had to do to get where she was made me respect her.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2017 at 7:36 AM, msrachelj said:

Tim gunn! i wish he would have a fashion/lifestyle talk show.

Yes please!!  I have long held this opinion too. I like that he will call out terribly immodest outfits.  Not that I'm a prude or anything -- it's just that he will call out bad taste instead of celebrate it.

• Love 4
On 11/29/2017 at 9:28 AM, cpcathy said:

I just didn't think it was funny, and I tend to laugh at a LOT of raunchy humor.

EXACTLY, CPCathy.   I love raunchy humor (and am a devoted practitioner)...but it has to be funny (or so shockingly outrageous that we have to laugh)--it has to work.  I am definitely a comedy snob.  It's not always easy to create/be "funny," so I really admire those who pull it off on a consistent basis.

• Love 3

Fashion Police may be gone, but would anyone care to join me in discussing some of the fashion from last night's Golden Glove Awards?

Here's a link to IMDb's gallery of red carpet photos:
http://www.imdb.com/golden-globes/2018-red-carpet-photos/rg179280640/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=3484926142&pf_rd_r=0J3ECHG9364W95QDRJ9Y&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_gg_redcar_sm

My favorites (in no particular order):
Mary J. Blige - I listed her first as I do think she had my favorite look of the night
Jessica Chastain
Greta Gerwig - I loved the way she looked and considering that Lady Bird won one of the two Best Picture awards, she should have been nominated for Best Director.  
Saoirse Ronan
Dakota Johnson - I'm sure that many will disagree with me, but I really liked her gown, especially the back.
Tracee Ellis Ross - I thought she looked gorgeous!

Worst of the night:
Angelina Jolie - She looked like Morticia Addams
Geena Davis - Ugh!
Sharon Stone - Double Ugh!
Catherine Zeta Jones - Trying way too hard.  Epic fail.
Susan Kelechi Watson - I love her so much but she looked awful in that jumpsuit thing.
Alicia Vikander - Oh my gosh, I wait to see what she's wearing on the carpet as she usually knocks it out of the park but this dress made her look as if she was in mourning in 1875!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Wings said:

I am disappointed that another show is not in place.  Golden Globes without a fashion review is a crime. 

Good Lord! There's gotta be a fashion recap somewhere! Here's a teeny bit to tide you over:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/red-carpet-dresses/g14762644/best-dressed-golden-globes-2018/

ProudMary over in Fashion Crimes feels our pain, too.

7 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Fashion Police may be gone, but would anyone care to join me in discussing some of the fashion from last night's Golden Glove Awards?

Here's a link to IMDb's gallery of red carpet photos:
http://www.imdb.com/golden-globes/2018-red-carpet-photos/rg179280640/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=3484926142&pf_rd_r=0J3ECHG9364W95QDRJ9Y&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_gg_redcar_sm

My favorites (in no particular order):
Mary J. Blige - I listed her first as I do think she had my favorite look of the night
Jessica Chastain
Greta Gerwig - I loved the way she looked and considering that Lady Bird won one of the two Best Picture awards, she should have been nominated for Best Director.  
Saoirse Ronan
Dakota Johnson - I'm sure that many will disagree with me, but I really liked her gown, especially the back.
Tracee Ellis Ross - I thought she looked gorgeous!

Worst of the night:
Angelina Jolie - She looked like Morticia Addams
Geena Davis - Ugh!
Sharon Stone - Double Ugh!
Catherine Zeta Jones - Trying way too hard.  Epic fail.
Susan Kelechi Watson - I love her so much but she looked awful in that jumpsuit thing.
Alicia Vikander - Oh my gosh, I wait to see what she's wearing on the carpet as she usually knocks it out of the park but this dress made her look as if she was in mourning in 1875!

On 1/8/2018 at 4:37 PM, Wings said:

I am disappointed that another show is not in place.  Golden Globes without a fashion review is a crime. 

I agree with you, but of all the awards shows ever it seems appropriate that for this one, the women are being judged more for their work than for their fashion choices. I would be more disappointed missing Fashion Police if this had been a more traditional red carpet with all of the “who are you wearing” and flashy multicolored dresses. I think this would have been a difficult show for FP to have to do a recap for.

24 minutes ago, ktwo said:

I agree with you, but of all the awards shows ever it seems appropriate that for this one, the women are being judged more for their work than for their fashion choices. I would be more disappointed missing Fashion Police if this had been a more traditional red carpet with all of the “who are you wearing” and flashy multicolored dresses. I think this would have been a difficult show for FP to have to do a recap for.

Probably but I still would like to see a close up look at the all black fashion.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm posting this here, since, I wasn't sure where it would fit. But, did you see E coverage of the Oscars last night? OMG, Juliana Rancic looked AWESOME.  I've never been a big fan of hers, but, that gown she had on last night..............it was perhaps my favorite gown of all time. It would even be fitting for a wedding gown!  Who was the designer?  OMG, I can't say enough good things about her gown and the way it fit her.  Just true perfection!  

http://www.instyle.com/news/is-giuliana-rancic-still-married

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I'm not sure where this fits either, but I don't get the E! Red Carpet show.  I put it on to see the red carpet arrivals and dresses, but E! was mostly Giuliana and folks NOT on the red carpet, but sitting around a table discussing the dresses.  I don't want to see them around a table, I want to see coverage of the actual red carpet, dammit!  < then I switched to ABC >

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, roughing it said:

I'm not sure where this fits either, but I don't get the E! Red Carpet show.  I put it on to see the red carpet arrivals and dresses, but E! was mostly Giuliana and folks NOT on the red carpet, but sitting around a table discussing the dresses.  I don't want to see them around a table, I want to see coverage of the actual red carpet, dammit!  < then I switched to ABC >

Right? Even the two-hour arrivals show spent tons of time with Giuliana and whoever-else at someplace other than the red carpet and not much time with the arrivals. Terrible coverage.

• Love 1

IMO, this may have been the Oscars with the fewest fashion misses in years.  Almost everyone looked lovely.  I agree that top marks go to Jennifer Garner and Lupita Nyong'o.  I'm giving a special overall award to Mary J. Blige for all 3 of her Oscar night gowns; red carpet, performance and after party.  All three were stunning.

My fashion don'ts for the evening were Salma Hayek, Emily Blunt and Taraji P. Henson.  

I also loved Chadwick Bowman's look for the evening.  

• Love 1

Is it just me, or does Jennifer Garner look like one boob is higher than the other in every Oscar picture?

rs_1024x759-180304171743-1024-Jennifer-G

I realize it's just the way she's posing, but I can't unsee it. Pretty much every picture is this way & it looks really weird.

49 minutes ago, roughing it said:

Worst dress was Andra Day, whoever she is.

Yeah, it was pretty bad. She's a singer, this video makes me weep every time I see it.

• Love 1
On 3/5/2018 at 4:10 PM, roughing it said:

On 3/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, cpcathy said:

I think they may have signed over the last hour prior to the actual show, to ABC, and are not allowed to interview during that hour. Something along those lines.

On 3/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, jcbrown said:

Right? Even the two-hour arrivals show spent tons of time with Giuliana and whoever-else at someplace other than the red carpet and not much time with the arrivals. Terrible coverage.

Hey guys! I really miss this show. I can't believe no one has stepped up to try to replace it! It will never be the same without Joan, but I just want to turn on my teevee & look at pretty (& not so pretty) dresses. The E! fashion coverage was horrible, I think primarily due to the Seacrest scandal. I had a great time though over at the Annual Academy Awards Topic under Misc TV Talk--- Specials, TV Movies & Other One Offs.

• Love 1

I miss "Fashion Police" during the Met Gala extravaganza....there were so many amazing looks this year(Heavenly Bodies & Catholic traditions), I would love to have a show to discuss all the looks(actual fashion experts).  Chadwick Boseman was fantastic, some favorite women were Pryianka Chopra(the red velvet Ralph Lauren with the gold head scarf), JLo, Katy Perry with the giant wings,  and Sarah Jessica Parker was so over-the-top Fabulous!

• Love 2