Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E17: One on One: Part 3

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From what I understand, Christine was the one approached about participating in the show.

.As far as who told Robyn no one in the family liked her, I’m thinking it was Mykelti or She-Ra.

Or the Primetimer posters.

Edited by zenme
  • LOL 11
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I heard it was Hunter, too.  He's been on Crybrow's shit list for not jumping up and down when Kootie announced Crybrow's pregnancy with Sol.

Crybrows holds grudges and never lets them go.

I think Robyn's disdain for Hunter started earlier than her pregnancy announcement. I recall suffering through that 3 hour interview that Paedon did on youtube and he mentioned that when they were in the Lehi house Robyn was ordering Hunter around and Hunter hit back with that classic kid reaction "You are NOT my MOM!". Bam... Robyn singled him out for forever after that.

And shocking that we find out from Mykelti about Dayton's ATV accident that it was in fact Hunter who found Dayton and helped him get help. Not even that could change Robyn's view on Hunter.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 9
On 12/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Did we ever figure out why the Browns were taking the test? I do think Robyn took it, but Christine (and the others) certainly could have figured out Robyn's type, and each others. 

I gathered that it was just a fun thing they did, but Jebus it seems like Crybrows took it as a personal assault.  I mean, my husband gave me these tests over the years, and I'm Mussolini, and you just have to embrace it.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I gathered that it was just a fun thing they did, but Jebus it seems like Crybrows took it as a personal assault.  I mean, my husband gave me these tests over the years, and I'm Mussolini, and you just have to embrace it.

I'm an investigator type or an INTJ.  I was practically born fact checking and was the most demanding infant the entire extended family had ever seen so I was told. It was my way or the world paid.  I've mellowed over the years a bit.

I don't know that the test was for fun or as a device the alleged counselor wanted to try to use to make an effort to get the Browns to see that people have different approaches to life and different ways they see the world.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
43 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think Robyn's disdain for Hunter started earlier than her pregnancy announcement. I recall suffering through that 3 hour interview that Paedon did on youtube and he mentioned that when they were in the Lehi house Robyn was ordering Hunter around and Hunter hit back with that classic kid reaction "You are NOT my MOM!". Bam... Robyn singled him out for forever after that.

And shocking that we find out from Mykelti about Dayton's ATV accident that it was in fact Hunter who found Dayton and helped him get help. Not even that could change Robyn's view on Hunter.

I missed that!  Thank you.  😊 

Double the grudge, then.  

• Like 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I missed that!  Thank you.  😊 

Double the grudge, then.  

I missed it too. So they never mentioned on the show how Hunter helped Dayton after his accident? I suppose Crybrows didn't want anything good said about Hunter?

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I'm an investigator type or an INTJ.  I

Me, too. Actually I have tested a couple of times in different contexts, one spiritual and one with coworkers. I am really an XXTJ with J off the charts. I can see how it could have been a good thing for the Browns, not that they would realize it.

This site is exhausting to try to read and post on!😡

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, jschoolgirl said:

Me, too. Actually I have tested a couple of times in different contexts, one spiritual and one with coworkers. I am really an XXTJ with J off the charts. I can see how it could have been a good thing for the Browns, not that they would realize it.

This site is exhausting to try to read and post on!😡

Duck Duck Go stopped all problems I had on this site.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Speaking of Hunter, there never was much discussion on the show about his appointment to the Air Force Academy, was there?  I remember the episodes about his wrestling but then he dropped off the show; his choice I'm sure. I admire all the children who have declined to chase after attention. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I missed it too. So they never mentioned on the show how Hunter helped Dayton after his accident? I suppose Crybrows didn't want anything good said about Hunter?

Not only did they not mention Hunter helping Dayton, they lied about the whole thing and said that Dayton was visiting his bio dad when the accident happened.  SMH

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Not only did they not mention Hunter helping Dayton, they lied about the whole thing and said that Dayton was visiting his bio dad when the accident happened.  SMH

Now that is really weird! I do vaguely remember them saying the accident happened at their bio dad's place. Was Hunter there? (doubt it) So why lie where it happened?? Unnecessary lies for whose benefit?? These people are cray cray!! 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I remember the visit to his bio-dad being strongly implied. Also implied was  the fact that none of the Browns were there.   

I believe the bio-dad lives(d) somewhere not real far from  Kody grew up? Could they have made a mini-vacation out of it? Could they have been on property they weren’t supposed to be on? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Me and my gag reflex can’t take Douche saying he might take a lover ever again!

Oh, come on now.  There have to be dozens of women out there panting to see those fabulous pecs and abs he keeps droning on about.  Maybe he should do a centerfold spread in Playgirl.

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I remember the visit to his bio-dad being strongly implied. Also implied was  the fact that none of the Browns were there.   

I believe the bio-dad lives(d) somewhere not real far from  Kody grew up? Could they have made a mini-vacation out of it? Could they have been on property they weren’t supposed to be on? 

Last I recall hearing was the bio dad lived here in MT. I don't recall where Kootie lived.  I could believe they were trespassing to ride where they wanted to no matter if they didn't belong there. There may have been some legal repercussions for them being there thus the made up version? 

That whole story is becoming yet another addition to their lies! 

• Like 9
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I think the implication came about when they tried to get bio dad to pay all or part of medical expenses.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
On 12/11/2023 at 3:49 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

She can’t be Cinderella if there are no Ugly Stepsisters left.

Perfectly stated and I think this is EXACTLY what Robyn truly believes.

Also a wonderful new title for her thread if it ever needs changing.

On 12/11/2023 at 6:31 PM, General Days said:

Think about it. If you really didn't remember personality test, or think you didn't take it, Suki telling you that Christine remembered that your results said you were "dramatic" probably wouldn't land that fast. You'd still be in, "I don't know what the heck Christine is talking about mode."

This is the biggest problem I have always had with Robyn's constant fake, manipulative "tears."  When they are being interviewed on the couch, they're typically talking about something that happened anywhere from 4 months to 2 years ago (who knows with this show's wonky timelines).  If something happened that long ago and you were asked about it now, chances are good that you'd react to it differently than when it initially happened because you'd have had time to deal with it and process the emotions.  The fact that Robyn brings out the drama queen dry-cries at nearly every single interview shows me just how fake she truly is, and has always been - she's been doing this since Day One.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:02 PM, BAForever said:

Janelle has impressed me with her calm insight of the fambly dynamics. This is stunning to be since I always felt she sort of sleepwalked through life. 

I guess it's the quiet ones you have to look out for. When we thought she was checked out on the couch and in danger of falling asleep, turns out she was listening and taking mental notes the whole time. :)

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I heard it was Hunter, too.  He's been on Crybrow's shit list for not jumping up and down when Kootie announced Crybrow's pregnancy with Sol.

Funny, though, how she won't call him out by name anymore.  Same with Kody.  Neither of them have any problems throwing Gabe and Garrison under the bus, but when it comes to kids like Hunter, Maddy, Logan, Aspyn, etc., it's almost like Kody and Robyn are scared to speak their names.  There seems to be certain Brown kids that are fair game and others that are somewhat untouchable.  I find that interesting, if twisted.  It's like Robyn knows that she can't call out certain kids because that would be pushing Kody too far.  

I wonder how much walking on eggshells Robyn has to do with Kody now.  It's surely not as fun to talk trash about someone who no longer cares what you have to say.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I love reading all of your posts! I’ve watched this train wreck since Season 1, Episode 1. Everything else aside, I felt compelled to reply when the topic of the word “safe” was mentioned. This drives me crazy!  It seems to be a fairly new buzzword that is so overused and IMHO has been often misused for a while now. Add to that the word “gaslighting”. I doubt that any of these lunkheads have any idea that the word “gaslight” is an eponym, and its source. 

And just one more thing (channeling my Columbo)…do you think Christine sang “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” at her own wedding? Nah…

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Oh, come on now.  There have to be dozens of women out there panting to see those fabulous pecs and abs he keeps droning on about.  Maybe he should do a centerfold spread in Playgirl.

Well he is a self proclaimed boy/sex toy. A legend in his own mind. Iccckkkk!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

Who is this and where does the moniker come from?

Is it one of Robyn’s older daughters?

She-Ra is the female counterpart to He-Man of the 1980's cartoon series.  Does this make Kotex He-Man?  Then is Christine Skeletor, and Merry Man-O-Arms?  I'm confused. 

13 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Speaking of Hunter, there never was much discussion on the show about his appointment to the Air Force Academy, was there?  I remember the episodes about his wrestling but then he dropped off the show; his choice I'm sure. I admire all the children who have declined to chase after attention. 

I wonder if there was any problem getting an endorsement from a representative (or whatever official has to nominate a kid for the service academies) to send a kid from an (illegal?) polygamous family to the AFA?  Does anybody know who his sponsor was?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Twiz44 said:

I love reading all of your posts! I’ve watched this train wreck since Season 1, Episode 1. Everything else aside, I felt compelled to reply when the topic of the word “safe” was mentioned. This drives me crazy!  It seems to be a fairly new buzzword that is so overused and IMHO has been often misused for a while now. Add to that the word “gaslighting”. I doubt that any of these lunkheads have any idea that the word “gaslight” is an eponym, and its source. 

And just one more thing (channeling my Columbo)…do you think Christine sang “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” at her own wedding? Nah…

As I recall, there was a significant amount of time when Merry's go-to was "I don't feel safe" talking to Janelle.  Then something I can't remember happened, and Merry was pre-empted as the keeper of the safe.

Of Christine singing *anything* at her wedding:  have you heard Christine sing?  Even after lessons?  Angels in heaven stick their fingers in their celestial ears.

• LOL 12
On 12/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, General Days said:

I just showed Robyn's, "And this isn't me being dramatic! Thank you, Christine," outburst to my daughter (who used to watch with me when she was a teen). Last night, I noticed it, but I didn't really take it in. Today, it struck me so funny, I had to rewind the scene like 5 more times. I can't stop laughing at her.

I shouldn't have wasted my time finding the episode with the personality test-related scenes. Robyn's "This isn't me being dramatic! Thank you Christine," is all the proof I personally need that Robyn is lying about the whole thing.

Think about it. If you really didn't remember personality test, or think you didn't take it, Suki telling you that Christine remembered that your results said you were "dramatic" probably wouldn't land that fast. You'd still be in, "I don't know what the heck Christine is talking about mode."

When you get as pissy as Robyn was, when she said, "And this isn't me being dramatic! Thank you, Christine," it's usually because something is a long-lasting sore spot.

I will say, I doubt the original test results said that Robyn was "dramatic." Personality tests don't usually use words that are so loaded. They'd find some other way to say it — demonstrative, expressive, emotional — something like that.

My guess is Christine characterized it as "dramatic" back in the day, in order to throw some shade, and you know what? Good on her.

I KNEW Robyn was a liar that lies but the scene with the personality test was like a fucking lightbulb over my head.  That bitch lies about EVERYTHING!  Easily!  Jesus!  A lot of her games remind me of the black widow I know.  And others I watch on the ID channel.  They are never that different.  Just hunt for a man who is desperate or dumb AF.  They also know the long con is harder to prosecute and prove.  She will skeddadle once the goods are drained.  And as the legal wife with 2 kids, Kody will be left with MAYBE, his car.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

13 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Now that is really weird! I do vaguely remember them saying the accident happened at their bio dad's place. Was Hunter there? (doubt it) So why lie where it happened?? Unnecessary lies for whose benefit?? These people are cray cray!! 

9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I recently rewatched this part on the show because I also had in my head that the bio-dad was implied with Dayton's accident. However, Robyn states that Dayton was riding ATV's with "some friends" and that is it.

I suspect that it was the fans that used the vague answer to imply her not wanting to mention that Dayton would have been with the (bad abusive) bio Dad.

I also remember way back when someone looked up the Vegas houses and found a lean on Robyn's house for Dayton's medical bills...also then implying that bio Dad didn't pay or help pay for Dayton's accident.

Thanks to Mykelti wanting $fame$ and $attention$ from Patreon we have the full-ish story of Dayton being with Kody and one of the Utah man friends who owns a pawn shop (not sure if its the same one we saw connected to Myketi's wedding) riding ATVs. Dayton was alone when he had his accident and it was Hunter who found him and helped him. Naturally for the cameras Kody can't have any of that pesky criticism land at his feet and so the Brown family vagueness...which also helped to imply the bio Dad.

As for Hunter and the USAF Academy. It was mentioned on the show that he was attending but nothing on anything specific of the steps it takes to get accepted. Hunter did first go to the Prep School attached to the Academy which is a one year program to help with the academics, he then completed the four years at the Air Force Academy. In my humble and personal opinion I do believe that Hunter is one of the kids that ultimately benefited from the show.  Getting out from under the polygamous bubble in Utah and home school church "coalition" led to a better education and career path.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
On 12/12/2023 at 9:30 AM, Absolom said:

Breanna has appeared to me based on the show to be closest to Robyn in appearance and personality of Robyn's kids.  She, well and Aurora too, were masters of running and pushing to be at the head of the crowd when anything was happening. They wanted to be first to greet Kody or whoever was coming home for break for instance.  That level of pushiness gets old fast to a lot of people.  

What *I* notice about Breanna is a constant stank face.  Maybe she has RBF like me or maybe she is just like her mother.  Aurora seems like she is going for fragile bird on the verge of tears countenance.  Either way, it seems like maybe if they watched the show they would understand why things are as they are.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

There's something I'm confused about regarding the gift exchange text thread...did Robin suggest everyone jumping on a Zoom call to draw names? Or was she proposing they schedule a Zoom call to open gifts? It sounds to me, based on Janelle and Christine's re-telling, that she was asking for an immediate call, hence the mentions of "9 p.m. Eastern time" and everyone being busy. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

There's something I'm confused about regarding the gift exchange text thread...did Robin suggest everyone jumping on a Zoom call to draw names? Or was she proposing they schedule a Zoom call to open gifts? It sounds to me, based on Janelle and Christine's re-telling, that she was asking for an immediate call, hence the mentions of "9 p.m. Eastern time" and everyone being busy. 

Robin suggesting having a Zoom call to draw the names.

The whole fight that widened the rift in the family spun off of that.

The kids thought it would be too difficult to schedule a Zoom just for that, because of people's varied schedules, and because of the fact that they live in different time zones.

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

As I recall, there was a significant amount of time when Merry's go-to was "I don't feel safe" talking to Janelle.  Then something I can't remember happened, and Merry was pre-empted as the keeper of the safe.

Of Christine singing *anything* at her wedding:  have you heard Christine sing?  Even after lessons?  Angels in heaven stick their fingers in their celestial ears.

If she would sing in her range and key.  She wants to go high and that is not her 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, General Days said:

Robin suggesting having a Zoom call to draw the names.

The whole fight that widened the rift in the family spun off of that.

The kids thought it would be too difficult to schedule a Zoom just for that, because of people's varied schedules, and because of the fact that they live in different time zones.

Thank you! That makes total sense. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, General Days said:

Robin suggesting having a Zoom call to draw the names

I don't understand this at all - unless they're not doing it Secret Santa style, what would be the point?  How do 18 people who live all over the country have a Zoom call to "draw" names?  Logistically I can't figure out how this would even work, which is why it does make perfect sense that Robyn's nose was all up in this.  I'm sure she had it all figured out - heck, she was probably the one to collect the names and divvy them out to whoever she thought would buy her kids the best gifts.

I just find it bizarre that something so innocuous and simple turned into a fight worthy of a family divide, courtesy of Robyn just trying to "help."  Looks like she tried to orchestrate the wrong part of this family and it came back to bite her, hard.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I don't understand this at all - unless they're not doing it Secret Santa style, what would be the point?  How do 18 people who live all over the country have a Zoom call to "draw" names?  Logistically I can't figure out how this would even work, which is why it does make perfect sense that Robyn's nose was all up in this.  I'm sure she had it all figured out - heck, she was probably the one to collect the names and divvy them out to whoever she thought would buy her kids the best gifts.

I just find it bizarre that something so innocuous and simple turned into a fight worthy of a family divide, courtesy of Robyn just trying to "help."  Looks like she tried to orchestrate the wrong part of this family and it came back to bite her, hard.

This is where my head got stuck with it all as well. Normally all names would be written down on a piece of paper, put in a hat and passed around. One name per person.

But...everyone on a phone call/chat thread/zooms...whatever and how are the names "drawn" ?

The ONLY way my brain can work it out is that ONE mom is holding a hat and calls out a recipients name and then draws from the hat in front of her and calls out the assigned name, then someone writes it down? Or...as you say Robyn has a notebook and actually chooses who will buy who (her kids') gifts.

However what I think Robyn was wanting was that "magickal Brown family experience" of gathering around the tree and passing the hat for her littles to "experience" for themselves. Hence insisting that a zoom call with every. single. brown. child. stopping their lives to entertain Robyn's whim.

I have never done a zoom type call. If you have five adults and 18 kids...that is 23 little squares on your computer screen with little heads in each square. So...how is Sol n Ari supposed to make sense of ANY of them? Robyn wants what she wants and everyone else be damned.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

If you have five adults and 18 kids...that is 23 little squares on your computer screen with little heads in each square.

The names are under the video picture on the screen.  However, 23 people is way too big a group to see everyone at once.

Count me in with not understanding the "drawing names" concept with everyone spread out unless the names are not secret.  If that's the case, one person in the group can do the drawing and assign the names to each person on the text thread.  That would be weird to me, we did the whole Secret Santa thing between cousins but the giver wasn't revealed until the gift was opened.

I guess it could be that everyone knows who has their name - sending gifts to be opened at home would probably give away the sender because of the return address.

I put way too much thought into these people.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

The names are under the video picture on the screen.  However, 23 people is way too big a group to see everyone at once.

Count me in with not understanding the "drawing names" concept with everyone spread out unless the names are not secret.  If that's the case, one person in the group can do the drawing and assign the names to each person on the text thread.  That would be weird to me, we did the whole Secret Santa thing between cousins but the giver wasn't revealed until the gift was opened.

I guess it could be that everyone knows who has their name - sending gifts to be opened at home would probably give away the sender because of the return address.

I put way too much thought into these people.

I had asked this somewhere and someone responded that it wasn't done Secret Santa style. Everyone knew who had everyone else. The choice of gift was the surprise part.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I had asked this somewhere and someone responded that it wasn't done Secret Santa style. Everyone knew who had everyone else. The choice of gift was the surprise part.

Yes, that’s how it was shown in the years it was filmed.

• Like 7

Leave it to the Brown family to screw up a 2 car funeral as my father used to say. Almost all of the siblings are adults. The moms didn't need to be involved in the name drawing. It could have been handled by 2 of the siblings who live in the same town. They handle the drawing and they notify everyone by text or email whose name was drawn for each sibling with  Ari and Sol's names being sent to Robyn.  I don't understand what Robyn was trying to do unless she was deliberately trying to pick a fight with some of Janelle's son's. Did anyone say if the rest of the siblings went through with the drawing, or did they let Robyn ruin it for everyone?

• Like 12
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The original plan was for the moms to get together and do the drawing, representing their kids.   

I don’t think so. I don’t think the moms were involved much at all and they certainly weren’t getting together. Christine was already gone by then & Meri’s kid was an adult. Most kids are over 18. The only mom involvement I see is Robyn would’ve had to buy presents for her 2 youngest and Janelle & Christine probably would have to give a Savannah & Truely money to buy their present. Until Robin gummed up all the works anyway. 

• Like 12
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Leave it to the Brown family to screw up a 2 car funeral as my father used to say. Almost all of the siblings are adults. The moms didn't need to be involved in the name drawing. It could have been handled by 2 of the siblings who live in the same town. They handle the drawing and they notify everyone by text or email whose name was drawn for each sibling with  Ari and Sol's names being sent to Robyn.  I don't understand what Robyn was trying to do unless she was deliberately trying to pick a fight with some of Janelle's son's. Did anyone say if the rest of the siblings went through with the drawing, or did they let Robyn ruin it for everyone?

She was absolutely trying to pick a fight. Janelle and Christine were splitting the rental and some of their kids were going to have a second Christmas once Christine came to town. Because of Robyn, they were not invited to Meri's for Christmas Eve and were not welcome at Robyn's house unless they were willing to "have a conversation."

Everything from here on out is my best guess based on the comments we've gotten: I think the original plan was to mail or deliver gifts to anyone not attending Rental House Christmas (because of covid rules, work, being with in-laws etc) and those kids would open their gifts whenever and the Rental House kids would do their gifts on their second Christmas.

Robyn didn't like that there was going to be Rental House second Christmas and that she couldn't use the holiday as a way of forcing the apology that she claims she doesn't want. If there was no Christmas except for the one she hosted, those kids would have to come groveling to her or be left out. So instead of letting the kids do their best to connect at Christmas, she stuck her nose into the whole situation. She knew that a zoom call with 20+ people would be near impossible to organize but she wanted to cause a fight and ruin the kids gift exchange to punish the kids who refused to apologize to her. If Gwen's comment really was the one that kicked off the fight, she was looking to be offended because it wasn't that bad.

She thought she could use Gabe and Garrison's (and probably some of the other kids) desire to get together with their family and enjoy the holiday as a way to force their hands and when Janelle and Christine rented a house to circumvent her, she lashed out.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2