Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Who can blame her?  I've always thought there would be several of the kids speaking out, writing books, acting out like poor Colin.  I think the ones with Kate will be older and have to distance themselves from the brainwashing and stockholm syndrome they no doubt have. 

• Love 8

It just feels like maybe Jon bought Hannah's loyalty. Ya know? Which makes me question whether Kate is truly a "monster", or if she just had rules and didn't hand out free cars on 16th birthdays. As bad as Kate was, 6 of the kids remain loyal to her, even after leaving for college in another state far away from her influence. That says something about Jon and what may have gone on. 

And I'm really curious who is funding Hannah's new beauty line. The beauty market is over-saturated as it is, and Hannah is no Kardashian, which is who those media photos remind me of. Do girls in Hannah's age range even remember the Gosselins?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It just feels like maybe Jon bought Hannah's loyalty. Ya know? Which makes me question whether Kate is truly a "monster", or if she just had rules and didn't hand out free cars on 16th birthdays.

I can only go by what I remember on the show and Kate was pretty mean.  I remember her berating Jon when they'd do their sofa talks with the camera.  She was constantly on him for minor things--like once she fussed him for breathing too loud and then mimicked how he was breathing.  And I'll never forget how one of the boys got gum on his favorite toy (a teddy bear or some other stuffed animal) and she grabbed it and told him she was throwing it away.  Despite his crying and begging her not to do it, she said something like, "Too bad.  You shouldn't have gotten gum on it."  I don't remember if she eventually gave it back to him.  Possibly she did.  But to torture him like that, making him think she was going to destroy his favorite toy was horrible.  

• Love 14

Both Jon and Kate have their faults, but when Kate basically threw Colin away, that put her in the “monster” category for me.
Colin may have serious issues and needed help, but Kate didn’t visit him regularly nor try to find a way for him to come home for visits on occasion. She wouldn’t even tell Jon where he was.

• Love 14
On 5/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I can only go by what I remember on the show and Kate was pretty mean.  I remember her berating Jon when they'd do their sofa talks with the camera.  She was constantly on him for minor things--like once she fussed him for breathing too loud and then mimicked how he was breathing.  And I'll never forget how one of the boys got gum on his favorite toy (a teddy bear or some other stuffed animal) and she grabbed it and told him she was throwing it away.  Despite his crying and begging her not to do it, she said something like, "Too bad.  You shouldn't have gotten gum on it."  I don't remember if she eventually gave it back to him.  Possibly she did.  But to torture him like that, making him think she was going to destroy his favorite toy was horrible.  

Kate was an F'n bitch.  I remember all her horrors.

• Love 8
(edited)

Anyone who opposed Kate was cut out.   She cut out all of her relatives, Jon's family, the woman who helped her with her book, and the plastic surgeon who did the free tummy tuck was dumped after his daughter started dating Jon after the divorce.     

Of course, after the true marriage issues, and divorce were found out, the very profitable church speacking trips stopped.   That was a huge source of income, along with selling that book.     

I'm surprised the military would accept Collin for boot camp after his three years of 'treatment' at that center Kate dumped him in, and after the assault allegations against his father, when the sister said Collin did it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Adiba said:

Both Jon and Kate have their faults, but when Kate basically threw Colin away, that put her in the “monster” category for me.
Colin may have serious issues and needed help, but Kate didn’t visit him regularly nor try to find a way for him to come home for visits on occasion. She wouldn’t even tell Jon where he was.

Yep. While Jon fully participated in the exploitation of his kids, and continued to do so by accepting whoever would have him on their show after the divorce, Khate was the one who ultimately left her son in a facility for YEARS, where he was heavily medicated, abused, and got no visits from his family. Meanwhile Khate continued to keep those TLC cameras rolling as long as she had the other kids in the house. Honestly, it's a wonder Colin seems to have turned out so normal after the tremendous trauma he went through. I hope more will come out about how truly vile she is now that the sextuplets are adults and can tell their own side of the story.

• Love 7

Jon said on the ET interview that one reason for the divorce was kates "relationship" with some one working on the show. I took that to mean the married bodyguard. He said he knew at the time, but couldnt say. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I read the book about Kate how she fooled the world. It was over 700 pages and not well written but had lots of facts. I bought it off of amazon in digital form when it first came out before she sued to try to get parts removed.  I was a stats major so I like facts and documents and numbers not second hand stories. While the book is invasive to some, Kate's diaries which were legally obtained were in the book, the contracts from TLC and sponsors were in the book, and the person writing the book was with the family as the filmed the show. No one can convince me Kate is a Saint and the kids choose her. The stories are horrible, and in her words, from her diary. She admitted in court it was her diary.

My guess is she gave the kids especially the twins material possesions during the start. The first few years after the divorce TLC paid for her lawyers to ensure she had custody so they could film. The kids had no choice then and could Jon really go vs a team of TLC paid lawyers? Not that Jon is a saint but the early custody was controlled more by TLC than the parents. Once TLC left it had been over 5 years and Kate had the house, cars, and the money. While I believe she could have used parental alienation techniques, she might not even have to very much , because what teenager wants to leave a private school, large house, their friends, new phones and toys to go lead a very middle class life with dad in public school with middle class home and move away from their friends? 

If you look at their early life, Kate had a plan to make money and have kids. Jon did not. Jon was a regular guy. He went to trade school to be a welder. Kate went to a hospital based nursing program. He married her thinking they would have a nice middle class life in rural PA. She became a nurse to snag a doctor, when she did not she married Jon becaise his dad was a doctor(or dentist) and bought them a house. She was obessessed with the McCaughey septuplets and even named two of her kids after them. She went and bought the extra fertility drugs by mail, she went against doctors orders and got pregnant. Jon had no clue she did this and I believe it. She had a plan and he was just a puzzle piece. If you read the book, Kate seems to have a lack of feeling, happy or sad and just this fixation on a plan and image. 

I just hope the kids can lead normal adult lives. As much as I want a tell all, I would be just as happy if they all were able to fade away into the careers and lives of their choice and be able to just be normal adults out of any spotlight. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

The TLC contracts were in the book.   Like the actual contract or just references to the terms?   Because I have been dying to get my hands on one of those reality show contracts to see what it REALLY says.   

• Love 1
On 5/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, merylinkid said:

The TLC contracts were in the book.   Like the actual contract or just references to the terms?   Because I have been dying to get my hands on one of those reality show contracts to see what it REALLY says.   

The contracts were included. They were crazy. It included free furniture (and included payment so she wouldn’t have to pay the tax for the furniture out of her own pocket) so in addition to payments, it included all sorts of freebies, such as product placements, free clothes from childrens clothing stores etc. this was why she went nuts on not getting the kids clothing stained. Because she wouldn’t get as much money for them when she resold them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

You know I used to hate Kate but I have to say that Jon has become such a fame whore and Kate has started living the normal life. For him to complain about how he doesn't want his kids on camera and his kids pictures shown he certainly has no problem doing that himself. Maybe Kate realized that she needs to live the normal life and be a normal person. And I haven't seen a lot of the kids she has at her house still. 

• Love 5
On 5/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, tracyscott76 said:

I wouldn’t call that “really gained a lot of weight”. She looks fine to me.

I agree; her legs look a little heavier, and she may be hiding a gut under that shirt, but her arms are nice and toned, and she's certainly not obese or even overweight.  At least she's going to the gym to keep the menopause spread in check, unlike THIS chubby older lady!

• Love 7

I'm no Kate fan by any means, but I think she looks OK.

4 hours ago, ellenr33 said:

Maybe Kate realized that she needs to live the normal life and be a normal person.

I think she would still want to be a reality star if she could. The Colin situation and the kids getting older killed the show. 

• Love 7
On 5/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, winsomeone said:

The Sun has a new picture of Kate. She has really gained a lot of weight.

Yeah, I'd guess she's put on about 30 lbs.  As someone said, probably menopause.  I know once I hit menopause, it was twice as hard to keep the weight down.

• Love 6
On 5/13/2022 at 4:50 PM, Gemma Violet said:

It was Collin’s bear, and he was barely 3 years old when that happened.  Maddy literally begged Kate not to throw away the bear.  Kate also called the friend who gave the kids gum and berated her for doing it.  Kate has always been an extremely nasty piece of work.  By her own admission, she was harder on Collin than any of the other kids.  She once whipped Collin so badly that she felt guilty about it, and I’m pretty sure she said that she had to ask God to forgive her for it.  It was that extreme.  There’s no telling how badly she treated him behind closed doors.  It’s no surprise that he ended up having mental/emotional/behavioral problems.  I’m hoping that he’ll write a tell-all someday and let the world know exactly what an evil POS she truly is.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:31 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Yeah, I'd guess she's put on about 30 lbs.  As someone said, probably menopause.  I know once I hit menopause, it was twice as hard to keep the weight down.

My metabolism came to a screeching halt when I became menopausal.

• Love 8

Menopause? LOL. She was born in 1975, so wouldn't she be a little young still? She might be a little heavier than when she was younger (ahem, as we probably all are), but I think 30 pounds is probably a bit harsh.

• Love 1

Menopause? LOL. She was born in 1975, so wouldn't she be a little young still? She might be a little heavier than when she was younger (ahem, as we probably all are), but I think 30 pounds is probably a bit harsh.

I am about Kate's age and peri-menopausal. And I have the same body shape as Kate at this point. It is definitely not as easy to lose the weight as it used to be.

Whatever happened to Colin? He never seems to appear on Jon's instagrams anymore.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Whatever happened to Colin? He never seems to appear on Jon's instagrams anymore.

A few months ago, Jon said Colin enlisted in the military.  Since he just turned 18 in May, he's probably currently at training camp.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

So one of the older daughters is now doing Only Fans. Does this surprise anyone?

It does actually surprise me. What little of Mady’s social media I’ve seen didn’t give much indication that she would do that, and Cara even less. Is this confirmed, or just hearsay/rumor?

I think the most disgusting part of that article is where Kate says she paid for the private school the kids attended out of pocket, so they owe her almost $400k. I find it interesting that she "borrowed" (and never repaid) the money from Hannah and Collin, the two that lived with Jon.    I wonder if that's she got the down payment for the NC house?        According to the Page Six article, that was right about the time the NC house was purchased. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the most disgusting part of that article is where Kate says she paid for the private school the kids attended out of pocket, so they owe her almost $400k. I find it interesting that she "borrowed" (and never repaid) the money from Hannah and Collin, the two that lived with Jon.    I wonder if that's she got the down payment for the NC house?        

And any money she had outside of the trusts was because of the kids. They worked for the tuition. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I would think Kate had enough money from the sale of the PA house for a down payment on the NC house. 🤷‍♀️

My understanding is Kate only put down the minimum on any house they lived in, plus the PA estate price dropped a lot between listing, and sale.   Who knows how much of a price reduction the buyers received because of the dated interior, and how much had to be fixed from wear and tear.      I'm not sure she really made anything on selling that house.    If there was anything, she combined it for the move, and the purchase of the next house.    

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The house they filmed in most of the time that went on the market for about 50% above market.   They had put the minimum down payment on it, had to spend a lot getting rid of the lighting and other things from filming, had to change out the carpets and other flooring, and spent a lot on it, and then it was rumored they had a 'celebrity' increase in the price.   That was on the market for quite a while, taken off the market, and I don't know what happened with that.  So instead of paying a lot on the mortgage when the TV and book money was coming in, they didn't.

I'm not surprised the estate sold at a big loss.  The sale price, plus closing fees and commissions, and any concessions or repairs for the buyer, and whatever they put into the house, that's a huge loss.  

• Love 1
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the most disgusting part of that article is where Kate says she paid for the private school the kids attended out of pocket, so they owe her almost $400k.

Uh isn't paying for your kids' education what parents are SUPPOSED to do?   If you can't afford it without stealing from your kids, then send them to public school.   

Kids do NOT owe their parents money for their parents raising them.   Its called parenting.   You don't want to deal with the cost of having kids -- don't have them.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

What a crappy thing to do to the kids who don't live with you. And it is so evident that she knew she was doing wrong because she chose to do this to the kids that weren't around her to confront her. Your kids did not ask to be put on a TV show and you had no problem exploiting them from a very young age they owe you nothing. They didn't ask to be "so famous" that by the time they were starting school you felt like they were "celebrities" and couldn't go to an "average person" school. She makes it so hard to see any redeeming qualities in her. I don't think that Jon is even better but at least his kids money is seen by him as his KIDS money! 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

Kate managed to get herself on a crappy reality show that will be in January. She's like a horror movie villain who won't go away.

"Per a description from FOX, several major household names were recruited to participate in "some of the harshest, most grueling challenges from the playbook of the actual Special Forces selection process."

https://people.com/tv/special-forces-reality-series-tests-survival-skills-of-jamie-lynn-spears-kate-gosselin-more-celebrities/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=6318cb414a6cc40001b7cadf

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

That should be epic, no one in the article that wasn't an athlete,, and kept very fit, seems to be a candidate for anything but pushing the button on a remote.   My guess is she thinks it will be her way back on TV.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I've read she kept up her nursing license, but I haven't seen if she's actually working as a nurse. I guess she'll give an update on the show.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that she was working as a nurse.  I looked back in this thread and I posted about it in January with a link to a Daily Mail article.  It said she was working as a nurse in North Carolina and had bought a house there for $750,000.  Of course, take that all with a grain of salt, but it could be true. 

• Love 1
On 9/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, Gemma Violet said:

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that she was working as a nurse.  I looked back in this thread and I posted about it in January with a link to a Daily Mail article.  It said she was working as a nurse in North Carolina and had bought a house there for $750,000.  Of course, take that all with a grain of salt, but it could be true. 

Yes, and Jon claims she took $100k from Colin and Hannah's trust funds for payment for the house.   That was $50k from each fund, and she claims she's going to pay it back. 

She doesn't seem like anyone you would want in charge of your care if you were sick. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Yeah, Kate is a piece of work, yadda, yadda, but she always has been.  Her ex-husband is no better. He's the one who goes running to the media to whine and bitch with every grievance. He's the one keeping the kids in the news. I'm so sick of him. Jon is a sleezoid pimp. He wonders why the kids in NC don't make an attempt to contact him? Look in the mirror, assclown. Constantly trashing their mother on talk shows and gossip sites, and keeping your petty divorce in the news after what...13 years....isn't helping you mend any fences. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1