Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I can't help but wonder if including the cars in that picture was to stick it to Kate, and a message to the other kids that Dad gives out cars if you come visit. It's an odd picture with the way the cars are positioned. Jon is trying to prove something to someone.

Maybe they got cars for their birthdays (most kids do around that age), or maybe this is the first year they can drive themselves to school.  A couple of Fords is hardly a conspicuous display of wealth!

• Love 5

Maybe they got cars for their birthdays (most kids do around that age), or maybe this is the first year they can drive themselves to school.  A couple of Fords is hardly a conspicuous display of wealth!

They are not fancy cars, but as someone said above, they are positioned like a Ford commercial. It's weird. I won't even go into letting a kid have a car when the cops have been involved in the past year because you couldn't control him without pinning him to the ground. Now when Colin wants to run away, he has transportation right at his fingertips.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 10:23 AM, Kellyee said:

They are not fancy cars, but as someone said above, they are positioned like a Ford commercial. It's weird. I won't even go into letting a kid have a car when the cops have been involved in the past year because you couldn't control him without pinning him to the ground. Now when Colin wants to run away, he has transportation right at his fingertips.

I don’t think anything will stop a kid who wants to run away— car or not. Actually if the car is in Jon ‘s name, it may be easier to find him.

Do Colin and Hannah go to the same school? They could have shared a car, I guess. I wonder if Kate has allowed any of the four in her custody to drive or use a car?

• Useful 1

Oh yeah def looks like a posed "life is good with dad" photoshoot to me, though I doubt it's really to bait any of the other kids anymore as much as it's just a brag. For Jon. Because it's about Jon. Though it is possible it's some sort of post break-up consolation. 

I have to say I did laugh at this tiktok Mady posted.

• Love 3

Colleen has another interesting, vague post up on Instagram about the truth and the truth being simple and what it means when someone keeps changing their story. I think all these people have serious issues, Colleen, Jon, and Kate.

• Love 3
On 8/28/2021 at 8:18 AM, Adiba said:

I don’t think anything will stop a kid who wants to run away— car or not. Actually if the car is in Jon ‘s name, it may be easier to find him.

Do Colin and Hannah go to the same school? They could have shared a car, I guess. I wonder if Kate has allowed any of the four in her custody to drive or use a car?

Last I heard, Colin was doing well...  I don't know why he should suffer all his life if not necessary.  As for them EACH getting a little Ford compact at age 16 - like, again, a lot of "normal" kids do - I don't begrudge them; Lord knows they've worked for it from before the day they were born and have earned it.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Odd there have been no sightings of her or the kids?

Especially since I thought (?) she moved to NC expressly for their liberal filming laws when it comes to minors.  Maybe they don't want her, either!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1

With the older 2 off to college and two kids living with Jon, what is there to film?   Kate plus 4 is well not very interesting.   Plus even with the liberal filming laws, there is still the PA Court Order where she has to get permission to film the younger ones.   She can still be held in contempt in PA for violating it.   Or if Jon is smart (or has good lawyers), its been enrolled in NC and can be enforced there.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

With the older 2 off to college and two kids living with Jon, what is there to film?   Kate plus 4 is well not very interesting.   Plus even with the liberal filming laws, there is still the PA Court Order where she has to get permission to film the younger ones.   She can still be held in contempt in PA for violating it.   Or if Jon is smart (or has good lawyers), its been enrolled in NC and can be enforced there.

Lol’ing at “if Jon is smart.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ellenr33 said:

I think it appears that Kate Gosselin has finally moved on with her life and decided to quit exploiting her kids. It looks like Jon is the fame whore now! 

Not going to defend Jon's latest endeavor, but as far as Kate goes, I think it's probably more accurate to say that she has run out of opportunities/people willing to enable her. As someone else pointed out, the 8 kids were the appeal and there are only 4 left at home. So it might be more of a "given up" rather than a "moved on" kind of thing.

I like Jon, but I wonder if he should keep doing interviews since Kate is out of the media. When she was popular, he needed to do interviews to tell his side. But he doesn't have to worry about his kids on reality shows because they aren't kids anymore.  I agree Kate did not leave show business voluntarily. Sending Colin away seemed to be her downfall.

• Love 6
On 11/9/2021 at 4:29 PM, tracyscott76 said:

Not going to defend Jon's latest endeavor, but as far as Kate goes, I think it's probably more accurate to say that she has run out of opportunities/people willing to enable her. As someone else pointed out, the 8 kids were the appeal and there are only 4 left at home. So it might be more of a "given up" rather than a "moved on" kind of thing.

Yeah, Kate has lot her appeal.   No one wants to put up with her psycho controlling ways when she has nothing else to offer.   

JON on the other hand, we all want him to dish on Kate.   So he can still get attention.   Even with only 2 of the kids, he has the appeal right now because they are the two that ESCAPED FROM KATE.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Yeah, Kate has lot her appeal.   No one wants to put up with her psycho controlling ways when she has nothing else to offer.   

JON on the other hand, we all want him to dish on Kate.   So he can still get attention.   Even with only 2 of the kids, he has the appeal right now because they are the two that ESCAPED FROM KATE.

I'm still waiting for Maddie's tell-all book.  Anyone know what the twins are majoring in?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I'm still waiting for Maddie's tell-all book.  Anyone know what the twins are majoring in?

Cara's majoring in Interdisciplinary Math and Economics. It's on her rowing page. https://fordhamsports.com/sports/womens-rowing/roster/cara-gosselin/11065

I don't know about Mady. All I read is she does TikTok videos.

I may be wrong, but I think Mady is too connected to Kate. She seems to be all about Kate and wants nothing to do with with her father. Cara's on Mady's and Kate's side.  If one of them wrote a book, I'd predict Hannah or one of the other two girls. 

• Love 7

Is Jon really making an album called Eight, even though six of his kids don't speak to him??

And note to Jon: Constantly going on Dr. Oz to talk dirt is not going to make your 6 estranged kids like you any better. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, Kellyee said:

Is Jon really making an album called Eight, even though six of his kids don't speak to him??

And note to Jon: Constantly going on Dr. Oz to talk dirt is not going to make your 6 estranged kids like you any better. 

He’s as much of a fame whore as Kate, but just not as successful at it. That he’s not on or hasn’t been on a reality show after leaving the show with Kate isn’t a matter of being more principled than she is. 

• Love 2

I was on Youtube and this popped up.  It's from earlier this year, but I've never seen it--a clip of Jon talking to Dr. Oz about a blood clot and Covid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgQyLxE1dMc

Jon had Covid and was hospitalized for it, and the 6 estranged kids knew he had Covid (probably through Hannah) and didn't reach out to him. And he feels the need to say that on Dr. Oz, even though Cara and Maddy and even Hannah have asked him to stop talking about them in public. 

So far the two oldest girls went to school in New York.  A long time ago several states did full scholarships for multiples,  I think the scholarships for multiples are usually only for state schools in the state they were born in.   HOwever, with the increase in multiples, I doubt any state still does that.  

Colin might have enlisted under the early enlistment program, and doesn't go to Basic until after he graduates.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

I could be wrong but I thought the state of Pennsylvania was even willing to give all six scholarships.

I understand it to be that Pennsylvania opened up scholarship accounts for them, and people could contribute to them. They're not giving them full scholarships from the state. 

They should have college funds/trust funds. Wasn't that talked about on one of the early shows? There were articles not too long ago about Jon saying Kate wouldn't transfer Hannah and Colin's trusts. I don't know how that was resolved.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

understand it to be that Pennsylvania opened up scholarship accounts for them, and people could contribute to them. They're not giving them full scholarships from the state. 

Correct, there was no money put in those accounts by the state itself.

• Love 3

Colleen posted on Instagram asking why it's okay for other people to talk about her cancer diagnosis on television and in the media without her permission. I think Jon's kids would like to know the same thing. I guess they might not still be friends like Jon is trying to claim.

Why does Dr. Oz keep inviting Jon on his show anyway? Are they buddies now? Jon and Dr. Oz are both total famewhore assholes. 

• Love 8
On 11/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kellyee said:

Colleen posted on Instagram asking why it's okay for other people to talk about her cancer diagnosis on television and in the media without her permission. I think Jon's kids would like to know the same thing. I guess they might not still be friends like Jon is trying to claim.

Why does Dr. Oz keep inviting Jon on his show anyway? Are they buddies now? Jon and Dr. Oz are both total famewhore assholes. 

Jon might be the "least bad" of the two who didn't lock one of his kids up for years in a facility but it seems like going on Oz is putting a real strain on his relationships both with Colleen and his kids and alienating him from them even more. Several years ago when Mady was 13 or 14 she told People that if her dad wanted a relationship with her he needed to talk to her himself rather than go on TV. I don't think he's very good at communication on a personal level when it's not an interview or podcast. It's unfortunate and doesn't seem like he's going to have a relationship with the twins. 

On another note I'm actually not surprised Collin's joined the military. He's at an age where making choices for himself is really important (lord knows most of his childhood he hasn't been able to) and he probably sees it as a way to become his own man. A lot of JROTC kids end up enlisting, it really isn't uncommon. He seems like he craves the structure and discipline and responsibilities of it. Anyway, I wish him the best.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

"retired reality star" boy there is a line.   Just what you want to be the first line of your obituary.

The sextuplets turn 18 in May.   This could get interesting.   Sure there is still college and you know Kate told the kids to do what Mommy wants or she won't pay for college.   But I bet at least one of the 4 still with her says "nope, I am outa here."   They  might not want to live with Dad, but they might not want to continue being controlled by Mom either.   Interesting that the older twins both went to schools pretty far from even the home in Pennsylvania.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

My daughter is older than Maddy, and I seem to remember getting American Girl catalogs with options for different races, including Asian. At any rate, there were definitely options for brown almond shaped eyes and black/brown hair— so I don’t know why she had to have a blue-eyed blonde one?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

When they were children, the twins went to the American Doll Store in NYC to get dolls on the show. Maybe that's what the store gave her or Kate influenced the decision? 

I remember they went. I don't remember any details, but it would be weird for TLC not to steer the girls to Asian dolls, better story. One of my granddaughters is Caucasian with 1/8 NA so I bought her one of each. Don't judge me. 

• Love 5

I’m wondering if everyone read the article. She didn’t have to get the blonde, blue-eyed doll. According to her, it’s what she chose—not TLC or Kate  

"… she had blonde hair and blue eyes, by my choice …  at 5, I chose a doll that reflected the way I thought I was suppose to look instead of the way I do."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

I’m wondering if everyone read the article. She didn’t have to get the blonde, blue-eyed doll. According to her, it’s what she chose—not TLC or Kate  

"… she had blonde hair and blue eyes, by my choice …  at 5, I chose a doll that reflected the way I thought I was suppose to look instead of the way I do."

Okay, makes sense now--I read the article but misunderstood!

• Love 1