Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They finally sold the house, after pending for months.    It sold for a little less than they paid for it, over 10 years ago.     Combined with commissions, etc. I'm guessing they broke even if they're lucky.  

Wow, they didn’t even break even, even though Kate added a nice pool/pool area, completely remodeled the kitchen and I’m pretty sure she redid some other areas, as well.  I’m wondering if the house has such bad juju (because Khate)that no one else wanted to live there?

• Love 2

I don't remember them redoing the kitchen, but then I wasn't watching much about that time.     If they paid the minimum down, and only made regular payments over the years, maybe they made a profit, but not much.    I wonder where she's going next?    Hopefully that place will be anonymous, and she won't tell the world where she moved to, and attract reporters, and who ever else will be interested. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The profit or loss is the sale price, minus closing costs, and commissions, or any credits.    Then what the homeowner owes on the unpaid portion of the mortgage is paid to the lender.    The profit is what is left after the mortgage is paid off goes to the home owner.    So if you sell for a million, and owed, 800k, then the seller gets 200k, but they deduct closing costs, and credits, and commissions (usually 6% total), so the seller in this case might make $100k profit.     Since Kate bought the place over 10 years ago, she might have made a little.  However, if a homeowners refinanced up to the appraised value (I do know people that do this, it's treating your house like an ATM), one or more times (I know someone that would have paid her 30 loan off in 2026, but has refinanced at least 3 times, and will never have it paid off), then you only get the difference between the pay off on the mortgage, and the sale price, minus all of the deductions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wow, they didn’t even break even, even though Kate added a nice pool/pool area, completely remodeled the kitchen and I’m pretty sure she redid some other areas, as well.  I’m wondering if the house has such bad juju (because Khate)that no one else wanted to live there?

I watch a few of those house flipping shows. They talk about expensive homes like this and how they should be avoided because they're a poor investment. The reason is that the pool of buyers for a home over a million dollars is very small. You have to find someone willing to spend that kind of money who is interested in your house. Kate's mansion is located in a rural area of Pennsylvania that is not easily commutable to Philadelphia. And it has a barn and other crap that a lot of people won't use. Even in perfect condition, it's a hard sell. 

Does anyone else think Jon's hospitalized with COVID selfie pictures look rather staged? If you're fighting to breathe, are you really taking a selfie?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Wasn't Jon entitled to know Collin's whereabouts? Methinks Jon didn't look too hard. He's an asshole, just like Kate.

Agreed.  I never understand why people feel the need to act like he's so much better than her.  They can be, and are, both assholes.  He's just not a good guy.

• Love 6

Jon only had visitation for a long time, but apparently Kate had physical custody, and shipped Colin off without telling anyone where he was.  Colin wasn't allowed outside contacts either.    Unfortunately, many of these 'treatment' centers, and other juvenile boarding facilities have total control of the patients, who are virtual prisoners.  

• Love 1

Wasn't Jon entitled to know Collin's whereabouts? Methinks Jon didn't look too hard. He's an asshole, just like Kate.

Jon's entire tale of woe and victimhood is fishy at best. But that doesn't make Kate any less of an asshole. I feel terrible for their kids. I watched a few of the last episodes of the original Jon and Kate Plus 8 on demand recently, and it was clear they both had agendas at the end of their marriage that had nothing to do with the well being of their children. Remember when Jon was spending time with Lindsay Lohan's father: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/CelebrityCafe/story?id=8155155&page=1

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 3

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/kate-gosselin-moves-to-north-carolina-after-selling-home/

Supposedly, Kate and the four children with her have moved to NC. It seems the big house in PA got too expensive. The article said she still had money but had to downsize. In a gossip group I'm on, they think the new house is on Lake Norman around Charlotte, NC(Somebody did some internet searching). That's a few hours from me, and they went there before on vacation. She has been on trips to NC and talked about how she loved it so I guess that's how they ended up here. The children had been going to the same private school in PA that the twins went to so I don't know what their school arrangements are now. The multiples are 16 going on 17. The twins are still going to college in NY as far as I know. Somebody found a web page that showed Cara was doing well(I can't remember the link). Mady has posted videos, and I think some of the family are on instagram like Jon. I don't use IG. I guess Jon, Hannah, and Colin are still in the same situation. Maybe no news is good news.  

Today, I found out Kate's dad passed away. This is his obitaury: https://www.finkenbinderfamily.com/obituary/ReverendKenton-Kreider    Kate never said much about him. He was 71 and was a minister/teacher. His father is still living. And Kevin and Jodi are mentioned(Kate's brother and sister in law were on the show). They show were every child lives but Kate. Kate's parents and her other siblings weren't on the show. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Hmmm, North Carolina.   That's awfully far from PA.   And to change the kids' school in the middle of high school.   Could Kate be ensuring no OTHER kids make an escape to Jon?

The tell all by one of these kids on BOTH parents is going to be amazing.

• Love 8

Could Kate be ensuring no OTHER kids make an escape to Jon?

I think Kate moved so far away to cement the kids' estrangement from Jon and their two "escaped" siblings. There are cheaper places to live in PA, especially if you are attending private school and don't need to be in a specific school district. She did this on purpose. I am not a fan of Jon by any means, but Kate is a sick person. 

• Love 9

Yes, the school thing for the mulitples is confusing. The twins went to the private school through their whole school career. The muliples have been there the whole time too.  Was the school too expensive or can they go online? Throughout all the chaos of their lives, the school was their only stable place. Nothing ever got filmed there. Kate should've moved to somewhere else in PA and  then gone out of state after the children graduated high school.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, endure said:

Seems odd that Kate would acknowledge Jon's b'day on her IG account?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNIQXP1snfZ/

Interesting that she tagged Colin and not Hannah or Jon. 

Seems to me she is doing her usual shit-stirring...  Colin hasn't posted for awhile but his next to last post is from 4/1/2020 wishing Jon a happy birthday.  I think Khate is trying to draw attention to the fact that Colin didn't wish him a happy birthday this year.  

And Jon is stupid enough to get pulled in by her tactics.  Hopefully Colin is not. 

Edited by JenMcSnark
Apparently Hannah deleted hers & Jon and Colin haven't used their Instagrams for some time.
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That's a fan page, not Kate's account.

You are right, my apologies, will add a comment to my post.  This is not the first time a fan page has fooled me! Thanks!

• Love 2

The 'tups turned 17 a few weeks ago. https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jon-and-kate-gosselins-lay-low-approach-to-kids-b-day-snub/

Khate's days of exploiting her kids to support her D List celebrity lifestyle and dictating to the 4 under her roof are coming to a close, finally. The media frenzy around this awful family seems to have finally died off and it's unlikely we'll see any of them on TV or an interview again. 

Glad Khate's finally out of that huge house now that there's no reason for them to be there since the twins are in college and the 4 under her roof are going to be adults in the next year and will likely move out as well. It does seem suspicious they would move all the way to NC. Maybe properties are much cheaper there than PA? I seriously hope forcing her to downsize will make the witch re-think her priorities. 

• Love 7

Khate's days of exploiting her kids to support her D List celebrity lifestyle and dictating to the 4 under her roof are coming to a close, finally. The media frenzy around this awful family seems to have finally died off and it's unlikely we'll see any of them on TV or an interview again. 

It's over. The sextuplets will be 18 in a year, and the twins are already grown. They will only end up back in television if Jon keeps famewhoring on Dr. Oz or one of the kids decides to write a book or do an interview about their childhood. It would be interesting to hear their honest perspective on what happened.

• Love 7
(edited)
23 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It's over. The sextuplets will be 18 in a year, and the twins are already grown. They will only end up back in television if Jon keeps famewhoring on Dr. Oz or one of the kids decides to write a book or do an interview about their childhood. It would be interesting to hear their honest perspective on what happened.

I predict Jon will 100% continue his fame-whoring while trying to claim the moral upper-hand. 😂

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 8
On 8/9/2021 at 11:14 AM, Kellyee said:

And it's not clear if they are still together or not. She didn't thank him in her Instagram post where she thanked a bunch of other people for helping her.

I was just coming to post this.  And Jon posted on his Instagram stories about a DJ gig, but not anything about wishing her well.

If they have indeed split up, I feel so bad for Collin and Hannah.  They all seemed to get along and seemed be a happy family and now Collin and Hannah are losing their step-mother figure.  

Edited by Gemma Violet

The article said they're still IG "friends" and haven't deleted each other's photos?  Maybe she just doesn't want to hear hate from the Kate fans?  Yes, she has them, and they can heap abuse.  Hope they're still together for Jon's and the kids' sake.

• Love 5

I don’t know if this was in reference to Jon, but there were comments on another post that she replied to, but she didn’t reply to any asking about him.

The post sharing her cancer diagnosis and surgery was 3 days ago.

This one was 5 days ago:

A82E5FE8-D5EF-4A64-9FD1-C6B9E9E9761A.jpeg

• Useful 1

If they were still together, I would think Jon would be on Dr. Oz talking about why his estranged kids haven't reached out to him since his girlfriend's cancer diagnosis. After all, he goes on Dr. Oz to talk about everything else. 

And Jon has been active on social media, posting IG stories about being a DJ at the Jersey Shore. Me thinks they are not together. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, Gemma Violet said:

The rumor is true.  They have broken up:

"Not communication very effectively or at all" doesn't sound very amicable.  Wonder what caused it?

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 1

"Not communication very effectively or at all" doesn't sound very amicable.  Wonder what caused it?

I think Jon has serious issues that he tries to cover up with a "nice guy" persona. Colleen made an earlier post about people not being there for you when you need them. It would take a lot for me to end a long-term relationship while I was undergoing cancer treatment. Jon talks a lot, but rarely seems to take responsibility for any situation. And for me, Jon will always be the guy who jerked off under a blanket on Couples Therapy, knowing he was on camera. He's got a few screws loose for sure. 

• Love 7

Nice picture, but it looks like a Ford promo. 🤷🏼‍♀️

C2AB7072-E1B6-41DE-BB75-BAEBAB4CE719.jpeg

19 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Maybe it's a promotion?  Hope so!

No clue, but most recently he’s at Amazon in Scranton. Not a quick drive.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I have a nephew that works in an amazon warehouse in Virginia and he just makes $20 an hour. If Jon was doing IT work, wouldn't he be dressed differently?

IT people often dress extremely casually.  At least at the office's I've worked at.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nice picture, but it looks like a Ford promo. 🤷🏼‍♀️

C2AB7072-E1B6-41DE-BB75-BAEBAB4CE719.jpeg

No clue, but most recently he’s at Amazon in Scranton. Not a quick drive.

I thought Jon was at Amazon Ten1 in Reading?

21 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

"IT people often dress extremely casually.  At least at the office's I've worked at. " Yeah, but do they wear hard hats like Jon is?

I must have missed a picture. What picture shows him wearing a hard hat?

• Love 1

I can't help but wonder if including the cars in that picture was to stick it to Kate, and a message to the other kids that Dad gives out cars if you come visit. It's an odd picture with the way the cars are positioned. Jon is trying to prove something to someone.

• Love 5