Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So Kate had a ten year gag order on Jon? and it is up so he can talk. Very interested in what he has to say (I actually read the whole like 800 page how she fooled the world ebook). I bet 10 years sounded like a long time when Kate asked for it but not long enough.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh I believe Jon and the kids. Kate is an awful person. All her kids are mentally damaged by mommy dearest.

It's a shame Jon didn't have or get his crap together sooner so he could have done something about it.  Whatever Kate did  or didn't do, she was able to feed, clothe, and house her kids when he couldn't.  It seems desperate and petty of him at this point to start spilling the tea about her.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I was kind of expecting....more? Maybe I haven't read the stuff he's saying depth, but none of this is a "bombshell" to me. We kind of already knew all of this. It's more of a confirmation than anything. 

Right, which begs the question about why he's trashing his kids' mother now just because he can?  Does he or anyone else think this serves his kids well?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, readheaded said:

It's a shame Jon didn't have or get his crap together sooner so he could have done something about it.  Whatever Kate did  or didn't do, she was able to feed, clothe, and house her kids when he couldn't.  It seems desperate and petty of him at this point to start spilling the tea about her.

Kate was supporting the kids with the kids' money so that was easy to do. And when you have a TV network and an angry narcissist against you, it's hard to have power to do anything. I think the public has the right to know of Kate's manipulations since she and TLC have tried so hard to paint her as good. They sure didn't mind smearing Jon. 

The latest is TLC offered him a million dollars to stay married to Kate. Jon has made his mistakes, but TLC and Kate pulled a lot of stunts to keep the show on the air. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jon-gosselin-tlc-offered-me-1-million-to-stay-married-to-kate/

• Love 18
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Kate was supporting the kids with the kids' money so that was easy to do. And when you have a TV network and an angry narcissist against you, it's hard to have power to do anything. I think the public has the right to know of Kate's manipulations since she and TLC have tried so hard to paint her as good. They sure didn't mind smearing Jon. 

The latest is TLC offered him a million dollars to stay married to Kate. Jon has made his mistakes, but TLC and Kate pulled a lot of stunts to keep the show on the air. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jon-gosselin-tlc-offered-me-1-million-to-stay-married-to-kate/

I'm not defending her, but he's not any better and the fact is that he did not provide for his kids and she did.  There are no winners in this situation.

• Love 5

Spill your guts, Jon. If you can make any money out of it, good for you. I hope he continues to enjoy his little family. Hannah and Collin (always my favorite) are lucky to have him.

Kate, burn in hell. 

3 minutes ago, Rescue Mama said:

But she didn't provide for the kids, they provided for her.  It's their money she lived on. 

Exactly! Pimping out your kids and destroying their relationship with their father and assorted extended family does not equal providing for them, IMO. All she was doing was feeding her own ego.

Kate was, is, and always will be a narcissistic fame-whore.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Rescue Mama said:

But she didn't provide for the kids, they provided for her.  It's their money she lived on. 

Precisely.  It's not like she was out working multiple jobs or anything to provide for them and Jon wouldn't.  It seems to be a matter of she was allowed to continue to control the money they were earning from the show because she had primary custody and Jon had no say.  Any regular job that Jon had wasn't ever going to be enough to pay child support for eight kids, so he probably had no choice but to give up custody in exchange for no child support (I'm not sure if this is what actually happened).  Although admittedly I have no idea about the terms of their divorce when it came to custody and finances.  Wasn't Jon living in that huge house they still live in when they got divorced?  Did Kate buy him out or something?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Precisely.  It's not like she was out working multiple jobs or anything to provide for them and Jon wouldn't.  It seems to be a matter of she was allowed to continue to control the money they were earning from the show because she had primary custody and Jon had no say.  Any regular job that Jon had wasn't ever going to be enough to pay child support for eight kids, so he probably had no choice but to give up custody in exchange for no child support (I'm not sure if this is what actually happened).  Although admittedly I have no idea about the terms of their divorce when it came to custody and finances.  Wasn't Jon living in that huge house they still live in when they got divorced?  Did Kate buy him out or something?

All true, but what was his plan to feed his kids?  I would buy that if he had done something, anything, to improve his ability to support them but it doesn't look like he has.  If he had, maybe he could have had the custody arrangement updated so he could save them from their horrible mother.  If he had been THAT concerned, he would have been working his ass off to make things different.  But he didn't.  It's just too easy to hate on her and give him a pass because she's horrible.  And, he looks petty talking about his teenage children's mother poorly in the media.  Does anyone really think that's helpful to them?  

We're now seeing the repeat of this with the Busbys.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I don't think she bought him out. He just moved. I heard he was living in the upstairs apartment in the house toward the end of the marriage. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, readheaded said:

All true, but what was his plan to feed his kids?  I would buy that if he had done something, anything, to improve his ability to support them but it doesn't look like he has.  If he had, maybe he could have had the custody arrangement updated so he could save them from their horrible mother.  If he had been THAT concerned, he would have been working his ass off to make things different.  But he didn't.  It's just too easy to hate on her and give him a pass because she's horrible.  And, he looks petty talking about his teenage children's mother poorly in the media.  Does anyone really think that's helpful to them?  

We're now seeing the repeat of this with the Busbys.

What did Kate do to improve her ability to support her children?  Because, again, the little kids are the ones who made the money to support her & the twins.  It's ALWAYS been about the draw of the little kids.  And how was he supposed to do more when #1 his kids had been poisoned against him #2 he didn't even know where Collin was for 3 years because SHE wouldn't tell him. #3 when he did find out where Collin was, SHE moved him immediately to keep Jon away from him.  The bitch smirked & laughed on tv about how she was the only one who knew where he was.  Like it was some fucked up warped contest "hide the kid in a mental institution". 

It should also be repeated that SHE spent the last 10 year bashing him in the media knowing that he couldn't respond. She's running around to anyone who would listen talking shit about him knowing that he couldn't defend himself from the stories she was spinning. 

Where do any of HER actions help the kids?  We know she beat them.  We know she sent moldy food in their lunches.  We know she piled them with so many chores that outsiders cried for them & how they couldn't be children (Wife Swap episode).  We  know that she made her children support the lifestyle she wanted.  We know she sent one of her kids away for having ADHD & put him in a mental institution for NO REASON for 3 long years.  We know she only visited for a total of a couple of hours in 3 years.   So when exactly was she doing anything that wasn't FOR Kate? 

• Love 22

When the show started, Kate, and sometimes Jon did appearances at big churches that wanted to hear their story, and paid big bucks for the privilege.    I know that personal appearances like this usually have a list of demands, but the rumor was that a certain diva, said the "Love Offering" had to be at least $20k, and there had to be books available for purchase, and autographs.     My personal guess is that there were a lot of other demands also, about travel, hotel, drivers, etc.    Of course, once the news got out about the true story, the appearances stopped.       

When they went to sell the Cape Cod, it turned out that they barely had paid anything, it still had a hefty mortgage, and it ended up with a lien before it finally sold for less than they paid for it (there was a huge downturn in the market about that time, so losing money on the house was normal).       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I don't think she bought him out. He just moved. I heard he was living in the upstairs apartment in the house toward the end of the marriage. 

The marriage was supposedly over or on the rocks when they lived in the paid for cape cod style 5 bedroom home that was not good enough for Kate. If you watch some of the episodes near the end filmed at that house, Jon was sleeping in the basement. The excuse was Hannah (I pretty sure it was Hannah) could not sleep with the others so Jon was sleeping with her in the basement. Then when they moved the the big house, Jon slept over the garage in an apartment.  

As for Jon's plan of supporting the kids, they would have been fine living in the original home, Kate was a dialysis nurse making almost 80k and Jon made over 50k at his IT job. The house was paid for by his parents and big enough,  I know there are all these stats about how much it costs to raise kids but it is not that much, I live in an area of Utah where large families and single income homes are common. Many of my neighbors have 6-8 kids on one 60k salary and the kids still play sports, instruments , and have decent clothes and are well feed. Sure the sports are at the city rec center (not private clubs, I know Kate was very against the kids going to the rec center for gymnastics and insisted on some expensive private school). My neighbors kids go to college if they want, mostly state colleges, but with that many kids it is free and free for sure for the few that get in the ivys. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, silverspoons said:

Many of my neighbors have 6-8 kids on one 60k salary and the kids still play sports, instruments , and have decent clothes and are well feed. Sure the sports are at the city rec center (not private clubs, I know Kate was very against the kids going to the rec center for gymnastics and insisted on some expensive private school).

and for all her money, the kids didn't have sports or gymnastics or activities.  We know for awhile Cara played lacrosse, but that was it.  SHE didn't put them in anything because it was too much work for HER. 

• Love 11
On 9/19/2019 at 3:42 AM, silverspoons said:

I bet 10 years sounded like a long time when Kate asked for it but not long enough.

Probably she realized (or more likely her attorney told her) that once the kids get old enough, THEY will talk and there is no point in keeping the father quiet then.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, readheaded said:

Right, which begs the question about why he's trashing his kids' mother now just because he can?

Exactly.   No matter what happened, there are still kids involved.   They are old enough to see the tabloids at the supermarket.   They don't need to see their dad bashing their mom in public.   They are in the middle enough because of Kate.

10 hours ago, Steff said:

It should also be repeated that SHE spent the last 10 year bashing him in the media knowing that he couldn't respond

Just because she did it, doesn't make it right for him to do it now.   He's doing it for the money.   Maybe the kids aren't directly earning him any money, but nobody would be paying him to tell his story about her if it weren't for the kids.   He's using the kids just as much as she is.   And earning money from them instead of on  his own merits just as much as she is.

Basically neither one is looking good.    The only ones being harmed here are the kids.   One of them needs to take the high road and shut up to the press about the other one.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Steff said:

What did Kate do to improve her ability to support her children?  Because, again, the little kids are the ones who made the money to support her & the twins.  It's ALWAYS been about the draw of the little kids.  And how was he supposed to do more when #1 his kids had been poisoned against him #2 he didn't even know where Collin was for 3 years because SHE wouldn't tell him. #3 when he did find out where Collin was, SHE moved him immediately to keep Jon away from him.  The bitch smirked & laughed on tv about how she was the only one who knew where he was.  Like it was some fucked up warped contest "hide the kid in a mental institution". 

It should also be repeated that SHE spent the last 10 year bashing him in the media knowing that he couldn't respond. She's running around to anyone who would listen talking shit about him knowing that he couldn't defend himself from the stories she was spinning. 

Where do any of HER actions help the kids?  We know she beat them.  We know she sent moldy food in their lunches.  We know she piled them with so many chores that outsiders cried for them & how they couldn't be children (Wife Swap episode).  We  know that she made her children support the lifestyle she wanted.  We know she sent one of her kids away for having ADHD & put him in a mental institution for NO REASON for 3 long years.  We know she only visited for a total of a couple of hours in 3 years.   So when exactly was she doing anything that wasn't FOR Kate? 

You must have missed the part where I said she was horrible, lol.  And, she probably didn’t have a crap ton of time to do much of anything considering she had custody of all the kids.  The fact that she’s terrible doesn’t absolve him of being terrible, too. 

• Love 1

By the time the family moved to the estate (where Kate lives now), Jon lived over the garage in the apartment, and there were two or three live-in nannies.    When the babies were little, apparently their church had a lot of volunteers, some of their families helped (the people that were cut off, and shunned by Kate the second she didn't need them anymore, including her brother and sister in law).     

• Love 6

I watched the new special early using the OnDemand thing. I fast forwarded through a lot of it. It was mostly boring, but also a little disturbing. Colin is never mentioned at all. It's like he doesn't exist. Hannah is mentioned, but the way Kate says it is just to ramp up the drama. She could have just said "Hannah chose to live with her dad for now. Life with divorced families it complicated." And left it at that. Instead we get the weird half reference. The cutesy stuff they tried to show just isn't cute because you're not watching adorable toddlers anymore. You're watching 14 year olds and 18 year olds who don't really know how to be entertaining. And Kate has no camera presence. The draw was always the cute toddlers, and then Jon and Kate fighting was entertaining (sad but true).

I'm betting that small private college was never a consideration and was the only place that would allow TLC to film. It would have been more fun if Maddy just came out and said we have to film this because it's how we're funding our college education. 

As for Jon and Kate, I blame them both for the mess. Kate is a train wreck, but Jon just couldn't wait for the gag order to be lifted so he could spill his kids' private pain to the media. Has Jon ever said why he chose to give up any custody rights to his kids to begin with? They both suck as parents. I'm just glad Cara and Maddy graduated high school and aren't on drugs. I feel so bad for the kids. I don't like Kate, but I doubt Jon is helping pay for college. I guess this special helps pay the bills. 

It should also be repeated that SHE spent the last 10 year bashing him in the media knowing that he couldn't respond

They both suck. Thousands of infertile couples, and these assholes get gifted with 8 healthy and beautiful kids. It's how you know there is no God.

Edited by Kellyee
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 9/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, Kellyee said:

I watched the new special early using the OnDemand thing. I fast forwarded through a lot of it. It was mostly boring, but also a little disturbing. Colin is never mentioned at all. It's like he doesn't exist. Hannah is mentioned, but the way Kate says it is just to ramp up the drama. She could have just said "Hannah chose to live with her dad for now. Life with divorced families it complicated." And left it at that. Instead we get the weird half reference.

I watched "The Twins Going to College" special last night and the omission of Colin is glaring.  I actually came on this board for the sole purpose of figuring out what happened to him.  They literally never mentioned him once.  I thought I skipped something.  The situation with Hannah is mentioned as an aside almost like she was staying with her dad just for the weekend or something.  (Only towards the end do the viewers get the "people keep leaving this house" line from Kate.)  I know these reality shows are mostly B.S., but I do think it would be better to share truthfully what has happened with the 2 kids who aren't there.  But that would involve mentioning Jon's name on air which apparently Kate and TLC would rather die than do.  At least I found out here that Colin isn't dead or something.

I hope for all of everyone's sake they're happy and productive.  Best of luck to the twins in college.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I watched the college special.  It's been a long time since I've tuned into Khate .Wow, the kids have grown up!  I am so sad for for all of them, especially Colin.  But when did they all switch to calling her "Mother" vs. Mommy?  I guess Mother is more appropriate since it sounds cold, detached and isolating IMO.

Somethings never change - Khate is still self absorbed and all about herself.  They've lived in that house for 10 years, and the younger kids have 'never' eten in there?  WTF?  Who has been allowed to dine in there? Khate plus who?  She has shunned friends. She has disgusted & disowned family members.  Who is she serving her grownups only Thanksgiving meals to?  The camera crew?

My eye muscles are still recovering from all the eye rolling during Khate's "tearful" complaint that "family members keep leaving". Um, YOU drove them all away, you stupid cow!  You even went as far as imprisoning & abandoning your own son in an institution.

And when will everyone stop referring to the sextuptlets as "the little kids".  Aren't they all 16 now?

Loved that Khate's 'family fun time' was a flop.  One kid out of 6 jumped.  I know she doesn't pay for any of these "fun" activities, but can you imagine Khate's outrage and irritation if she did pay for them all and 5 wanted to back out?  She would have climbed that tower faster than Kong scrambling up the Empire State Building, and pushed each kid off.   Honestly, there's no reason all 4 of the younger kids had to go on a college scouting trip other than to be filmed (paid).  

Wherever the 2 oldest ended up for school, I hope they do well and keep the weekend trips home to a minimum.  Cut those chains and RUUUUNNNN!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Although we lose the rhyme isn’t it time to start calling it Kare Plus Six?

Oops! KATE. There is nothing caring about her.

I saw on one website they are calling her Fame Whore + 4. 

• LOL 24
11 hours ago, nasir jones said:

I know these reality shows are mostly B.S., but I do think it would be better to share truthfully what has happened with the 2 kids who aren't there. 

It  would make Kate look bad especially with Colin. She's not good at telling the truth. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

Do we know what schools the girls are attending?

That's one thing I hope we never find out.  They've had no privacy since they started working at age 6 so I think they deserve some now.  

• Love 10

Wow so Collin's diagnosis is....ADHD. Color us shocked. *sarcasm*

All I can say is that I hope the reason why Jon is putting all this out there is because Collin and Hannah want him to. And based on his comment that the kids will share their side of the story in time, I'm just gonna assume that's the case. I don't think Collin has a lot to lose in this, considering even his other siblings don't seem to want a whole lot to do with him. 

I read Daily Mail's recap of the college special since I don't want to give her ratings, but I'm slightly tempted to watch it out of sheer fascination. To bring up Hannah's absence but not Collin's is total crap. Also I can't believe (well, yes I can) Kate and the twins still call the sextuplets the "little kids". It was bad enough at 10; at 15 it's downright embarrassing. I've always felt she expected them to be little adults in some ways, yet totally infantalized them in others. Like with the "adult" table? I'm afraid I want to watch. You'd think with how strict she's been about not making messes that they could handle it by high school. 

It does seem like the kids who have stayed with Kate do have her number, but are just kinda going along to get along at this point. Of course she's gonna play up the twins leaving for the drama, but I think somewhere inside, she knows they really won't be back. Any of them, soon enough. 

• Love 11
On 10/2/2019 at 12:43 PM, ginger90 said:

WTF is she talking about? Who has tried to "destroy" her kids? And how has life been so "tough and needlessly unfair?" She is so overly dramatic. 

I for one cannot wait to see what lies ahead of them once they get away from HER and get different viewpoints and perspectives from attending college away from home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 10/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, Adiba said:

WTF is she talking about? Who has tried to "destroy" her kids? And how has life been so "tough and needlessly unfair?" She is so overly dramatic. 

I for one cannot wait to see what lies ahead of them once they get away from HER and get different viewpoints and perspectives from attending college away from home.

I’m sure she’s referring to Jon and the infidelity/divorce.  I think she wrote that after the gag order was lifted and Jon started spilling the beans.  Like I said in a prior post, the bitch had to get a dig in, whether it made sense or not.  I’m sure she’s been in Level-10 victim mode with the kids having to baby her and tell her what a great mommy she is.  She’s a narcissist through and through, and everything is all about Khate all the time.  That was more than obvious in every episode of the show.

• Love 10

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/kate-gosselin-fears-kids-hannah-and-collin-are-turning-against-her/

LOL I know Jon loves a free trip and some attention once in a while, but I am inclined to believe him about not wanting another show. He knows his life is boring now and that they're better off doing more stories or even books in the future.

Kate needs to fear what her son has to say more than her ex. Tbh Jon's recent story was mostly elaboration on what we already knew or at least speculated, and could have been way worse. It was almost like a warning signal.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2019/10/kate-gosselin-lying-about-hannah-to-get-undeserved-sympathy/

Another LOL of course Hannah didn't even know about the trip. Never mind I doubt she had any interest in filming. 

Question: Jon mentioned Collin and Hannah giving up piles of money to go live with him. Shouldn't they have trust funds rightfully in their own names? Unless he's just referring to the family stockpile, that should rightfully be their money that they worked for. But, I won't make my head hurt too much thinking about this family's messy finances.

• Love 10

I read both Mady & Cara are attending college in NYC but that they're at two different colleges. That seems nice - they get to be individuals but still have their sister in the same town to hang out with when they want. I'm glad they didn't stay to close to Kate & are in a big city where they can have some anonymity. 

Edit: Oops! I'm seeing elsewhere on the internet that they are both going to schools in New York state, but one is in NYC and one is upstate, so they won't be in the same town.  They're about 4 hours drive or a super quick plan ride apart, though, so they could still visit each other every once in a while if they wanted.  I'm sure they can probably find friends at their respective schools who are from where the other twin's school is and hitch a ride if the friend goes home one weekend, etc.  (And the schools they're allegedly attending are good schools* that are hardly a breeze to get into.  Good work, girls!)

*Not Columbia or Cornell, in case anyone was assuming, but still good schools and the girls have done awesome despite living so much of their lives & family drama in the public eye. Yay for them!

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I just read that Jon is claiming that there is a court order banning the filming of the minor kids but TLC ignored it and filmed them anyways for the special.  There's been a lot of speculation and talk about them, fun and otherwise, but this is very, very serious.  If Jon is telling the truth, a judge said that the filming is "not in (the kids') best interests."  I was really taken by this "Judge Timothy J. Rowley explained the court order in a letter addressed to lawyers for TLC. He wrote, “Based on the limited information available - and in large part because of Mother's and her counsel's repeated failure to provide further information to Father, the guardian ad litem, and the Court - the Court concluded that involvement of the children in filming is not in their best interests.”

I didn't watch Kate Plus Date, but the filming dates appear to have occurred before the rejection of the permits, which was 6/2018.

I've worked in the industry and know how lax companies can be, especially when it comes to minors.  If TLC did indeed film when the Gosselin kids were not permitted to perform, they can't just get away with a slap on the wrist.  Their company works with many, many kids and they can't simply follow the laws when it's convenient for them.  If the Gosselins worked without the permits, it also suggests that the safeguards in place to protect them were not followed either.

If Kate truly allowed this, that should be it for her and Reality TV.  I think there could be arguments for and against her previously, but to let her kids go on TV for what is a complete money grab against the orders of the court is totally inexcusable.  

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/10/jon-gosselin-furious-tlc-banning-kids-camera-filming-kate-gosselin-judge-order/

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The Daily Mail article.  Let me say that this is some heavy stuff and very serious.  Included is a letter from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor saying that since Jon and Kate have joint custody, they both have to approve their appearance on the show and Jon has repeatedly said he does not approve.  Even more troubling is the suggestion that the kids have been working for 7 years on this show and yet Kate says she is still dependent upon the show.  "What has happened to all the money?"  I have to say that I'm also very uneasy with the kids allegedly saying they needed the show to survive.  Those are not the words of kids.

The Judge says that although several of the kids enjoy the filming, two others do not (obviously Hannah and Collin) and both have suffered psychological issues related to the filming.  He also (wisely, IMO) says that even if the show continued without these two, they may be negatively affected with the show going on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7555649/Jon-Gosselin-rips-greedy-Kate-TLC-defying-court-ban-filming-children.html

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

I do remember the reason behind the younger kids not appearing on Kate Plus Date being their denial of permits, so I was surprised to see them on the latest special. At first I assumed they might've aged out of needing permits; ie: my state doesn't require them at age 16. But nope, apparently it's a requirement in PA until 18. 

Everything about this makes Kate look sketchy to the court. Especially considering that's what was cited as a big reason why these permits were denied in the first place. Then don't forget how she pulled that deadbeat move of not showing up to Collin's hearing last year. This could get serious, woman. You're not just against your ex anymore.

Looks like the old we're just filming our normal lives argument finally backfired. Maybe due to that cute inclusion of, 'It's not their real birthday!' Then...what the heck is it?! I say this as a person who's not wholly against children on reality TV, but there's no doubt it's a lot more confusing than say, being a child actor who shows up to play make believe. 

Very interesting to see the allocation of funds questioned. If the kids really did say that they need this show to survive, then that's kinda disturbing. It confirms our speculation that the judge believes this family should be well off enough by now to not be filming to pay for groceries. They've done near 200 episodes. If Kate needs botox money, there are ample opportunities these days for Z-list celebs. Review products, run ads on Instagram, make your own vlogs; I dunno. 

Edited by BarbieMermaidia
  • Love 5

Since when did Jon have joint custody?    It's always been he gave up any rights in exchange for not paying child support.    Or is it just Hannah and Colin they have joint custody?   Did the custody arrangement change when he got Hannah and Colin?    Is he paying child support now for the other 4?

The biggest question -- WHERE IS.THE.MONEY. KATE????    I mean buying groceries and paying taxes on a mansion aren't cheap.   But surely something should be left.   

It's not the money though, Kate desperately needs the attention.    Her narcissistic personality cannot stand being out of the limelight.   But she knows without the kids, no one gives a damn about her.   So she claims its for the money to keep a roof over her poor innocent kids' heads.

The books when those kids turn 18 and are away from her are going to be EPIC.

• Love 5
On 10/13/2019 at 4:32 AM, merylinkid said:

Since when did Jon have joint custody?    It's always been he gave up any rights in exchange for not paying child support.    Or is it just Hannah and Colin they have joint custody?   Did the custody arrangement change when he got Hannah and Colin?    Is he paying child support now for the other 4?

The biggest question -- WHERE IS.THE.MONEY. KATE????    I mean buying groceries and paying taxes on a mansion aren't cheap.   But surely something should be left.   

It's not the money though, Kate desperately needs the attention.    Her narcissistic personality cannot stand being out of the limelight.   But she knows without the kids, no one gives a damn about her.   So she claims its for the money to keep a roof over her poor innocent kids' heads.

The books when those kids turn 18 and are away from her are going to be EPIC.

The letter in the article states that Jon has had joint custody of all the kids since at least April 2018.  He has full custody of Collin which may explain why he was not mentioned on the special and which Kate can now rationalize as her reason for cutting him out of her IG pages, and primary physical custody of Hannah.  There is some great wisdom in the judge saying that the ones who did not want to film could still be negatively impacted by the show continuing without them.  In the special, Collin essentially doesn't even exist anymore but Kate spoke about Hannah.  If Jon is correct that she was not invited to the event, her mom is lying and Hannah knows she wasn't invited.  That's just not good.

Paul Peterson and Alison Arngrim have been involved with the Gosselin kids with "A Minor Consideration".  

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Love 6

Jon was on Dr. Oz today. The two facts that stuck in my mind was Job said that TLC was making $186 million a quarter off of the show. That is why TLC spent so much on lawyers trying to get Jon to keep filming. I would have never guessed 1 show would have made that much. No wonder TLC never cancels shows like the Duggars or Roloffs. 

I was sad when he described how it was to see Colin again. After seeing the escape note, I would have pictured a happy reunion. Jon said Colin had gained 75 lbs because of some medication (It began with a Th but I will botch the spelling) and Colin was sedated and that he and Colin went through therapy to be reunited. 

I was glad to hear that Jon has a full time IT job at a hospital now and his girlfriend is a mental health nurse practioner so they should be able to have a solid middle class life for the 2 kids he has custody of. 

• Love 12

Dr Oz: "Why rule out the possibility of co-parenting with Kate?"

Me: "You've obviously never met Kate."

Later in the interview:

Dr Oz: "What you can fix is how you and Kate deal with each other as adults."

Me: "Again, you've obviously never met Kate."

Although, I think she has been on his show. He should have been able to figure out what a psycho Kate is.

I'm happy Jon is at a good place in his life.

Kate, as always, can rot in hell.

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

.....because of some medication (It began with a Th.....

Thorazine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Jon was on Dr. Oz today. The two facts that stuck in my mind was Job said that TLC was making $186 million a quarter off of the show. That is why TLC spent so much on lawyers trying to get Jon to keep filming. I would have never guessed 1 show would have made that much. No wonder TLC never cancels shows like the Duggars or Roloffs. 

I was sad when he described how it was to see Colin again. After seeing the escape note, I would have pictured a happy reunion. Jon said Colin had gained 75 lbs because of some medication (It began with a Th but I will botch the spelling) and Colin was sedated and that he and Colin went through therapy to be reunited. 

I was glad to hear that Jon has a full time IT job at a hospital now and his girlfriend is a mental health nurse practioner so they should be able to have a solid middle class life for the 2 kids he has custody of. 

The reunion picture did indeed show Collin looking very heavy and someone in the comments section said he looked like it was the effect of medication.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, lb60 said:

Dr Oz: "Why rule out the possibility of co-parenting with Kate?"

Me: "You've obviously never met Kate."

Later in the interview:

Dr Oz: "What you can fix is how you and Kate deal with each other as adults."

Me: "Again, you've obviously never met Kate."

Although, I think she has been on his show. He should have been able to figure out what a psycho Kate is.

I'm happy Jon is at a good place in his life.

Kate, as always, can rot in hell.

Thorazine.

OMG, John should sue the facility for medicating Colin with Thorazine!  That drug is used for severe psychosis, NOT for ADHD-type behaviors! 🤬 Oh, and Kate?  I hope the rest of your life is just as miserable as Colin’s was after you locked him down in that facility.  You’re a piece of work, you fucking bitch.

• Love 16