Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Sure a lot of the info comes from links in this forum. Remember this has been an issue for over 2 years. Do I guess you could search here. I know google isn’t always the answer since google lists by the articles with the most hits. 

The child may have been in the facility for two years, but that doesn't mean he's Hannibal Lecter or something. Kate has the legal right to make educational /medical decisions for him, but that doesn't mean he can't possibly be treated in an outpatient or day program. Perhaps Kate can't handle him, but maybe Jon can with support? And, if Jon is willing to try, why not?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

@QuinnM, do you have links to your story about Colin hurting his siblings?  I've just searched all I can and I've found nothing that indicates that he's physically assaulted/hurt/injured anyone.  That's some horrible stuff to say about a child. 

The blind item shared above on this page mentions it. 

Even if he did commit assault, he's been away for a long time. Look at the adults who only get sentenced to community service for assault. 

In one of the articles, it claims that Collin says he did not like his old school (presumably the private school the other kids still attend) and is excited to start a new one. A different setting might be just what he needs. The public schools I went to provided aids for students with behavioral issues when they had to. 

• Love 2

Poor Colin. I won’t speculate on the reasons he was institutionalized, but I do understand how difficult it is to parent a child with emotional issues. When there are other kids in the home that are negatively impacted by emotional outbursts or violent behavior sometimes an impossible choice must be made. 

Sadly, Jon and Kate have both used their children as pawns, and neither may be equipped to handle Colin’s needs. 

• Love 1
On 11/27/2018 at 10:31 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Poor Colin. I won’t speculate on the reasons he was institutionalized, but I do understand how difficult it is to parent a child with emotional issues. When there are other kids in the home that are negatively impacted by emotional outbursts or violent behavior sometimes an impossible choice must be made. 

Sadly, Jon and Kate have both used their children as pawns, and neither may be equipped to handle Colin’s needs. 

Re:bolded--We've seen Kate hit the children, throw toys down the stairs and have emotional outbursts--too bad she couldn't be put in a "special" educational program (sarcasm).

I think that Kate's need for control and not wanting Jon to look like he could succeed with Colin while she could not is the motivation for her fighting Jon's request for custody of Colin. If she cannot handle Colin now, what will she do when he is 18 and she is no longer able to make legal decisions for him? Will she not allow him to come home?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

That should say a lot in terms of future custody battles, for Colin or Hannah or the other 'tups. Don't you think?

She probably couldn't deal with losing so she forfeited. It just gives more evidence to the theory that she only doesn't want Jon to have custody to spite him. And that she has no interest in Collin, per the blind item. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

She probably couldn't deal with losing so she forfeited. It just gives more evidence to the theory that she only doesn't want Jon to have custody to spite him. And that she has no interest in Collin, per the blind item. 

I have to admit that I wonder if Colin does actually have the behavioral and/or emotional problems Kate claims. Extended time at home with his father, one sibling rather than seven, and no cameras might do wonders for him. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I have to admit that I wonder if Colin does actually have the behavioral and/or emotional problems Kate claims. Extended time at home with his father, one sibling rather than seven, and no cameras might do wonders for him. 

An environment change can make a big difference. It's amazing to think that a facility could be less hectic with more one on one attention than his (former) home. I've seen kids do much better even just changing classrooms, the school getting a new principal, etc. It can really be a matter of conflicting individuals worsening a situation. Collin is also growing up and as happens with many teens, hopefully is learning better self control. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jon has full custody of Hannah. I wonder how that happened and what Hannah might have on Kate to allow that to happen. Is Hannah persona non grata nowadays to her mother and siblings?

All that has really come out is that Hannah was "uncomfortable" and stressed out living with her mother. She was 11 when Jon first began his petition for custody and she was almost 14 when it was finally granted this year. Presumably the court finally determined her as old enough to make her own decision. Kate tried to have it repealed twice over the Summer, but was declined. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Good for Jon.  

And Collin, who was always my favorite.  IMO, his mother (and I use the word loosely) has done damage to that child that will take years to undo.  I wish him nothing but love, support, and happiness as he begins a new life with his father and sister.

Kate can rot in hell for all I care.

Edited by lb60
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

All that has really come out is that Hannah was "uncomfortable" and stressed out living with her mother. She was 11 when Jon first began his petition for custody and she was almost 14 when it was finally granted this year. Presumably the court finally determined her as old enough to make her own decision. Kate tried to have it repealed twice over the Summer, but was declined. 

In the span of a year she's lost custody of two of her six under-eighteen children.

I wonder if Hannah is now persona non grata to her mother and her siblings. 

15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

In the span of a year she's lost custody of two of her six under-eighteen children.

I wonder if Hannah is now persona non grata to her mother and her siblings. 

Hannah said on instagram over the summer that her sisters weren't speaking to her and that she was rarely seeing her mom. Mady did post a photo of them all (minus Collin) pumpkin picking, so hopefully things have improved. So sad to these issues we all feared come into fruition. 

Edited by BarbieMermaidia
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

Hannah said on instagram over the summer that her sisters weren't speaking to her and that she was rarely seeing her mom. Mady did post a photo of them all (minus Collin) pumpkin picking, so hopefully things have improved. So sad to these issues we all feared come into fruition. 

Mady and Cara either just turned or are almost eighteen, aren't they? I remember there being a good age gap between the twins and the sextuplets.

As juicy a read as it would be I for one hope that the kids don't start writing tell-alls.  Neither Kate nor Jon is above pitting the kids against the other parent. Kate intentionally does it among the kids too - singling  kids out, clear favoritism, getting kids upset with each other by collective punishments, and making it known her attention/affection was given only under very specific circumstances. Jon probably did it more unintentionally with his horrendous fame-whoring in those years post separation. I can only imagine the psychological abuse that went on.  

Speaking as someone who comes from large family with only a fraction of the dysfunction -  it can already be very difficult for siblings in large families to relate to each other in healthy grown-up ways when they have developed patterns of behavior/interaction with each other while vying for attention/affection from parents who knowing use their need for attention/affection to try to control them rather than offering it without strings attached.  There will for sure be siblings unable to cope with the abuse who will put on rose-colored glasses about Kate and/or Jon and will remain loyal to one or the other. Others siblings may be so bitter they are unable to find any redeeming memories of either parent. Some will fall in the middle and will recognize the good and bad in both but even those kids aren't going to appreciate the dirty laundry being aired out. One of these kids starts giving interviews or signing book deals and I don't see how the sibling relationships would ever recover. 

I for one though am not so sure we'll ever see the tell-alls or exclusives. A LOT of shit can go down in the lives of 8 siblings. The threat of mutually assured destruction via exposure of  the intimate details of people lives (that weren't ALREADY caught on camera or sold to online rags by their own freaking parents) will probably keep the kids from giving away all the goods.  I also have a smidgen of a hope that Jon's past the highest point of his famewhorishness and might actually want to see the siblings get along together as adults and so he may advise them against spilling the beans. 

Jon and Kate will reap what they've sown when it comes to their own relationship with each child ad they get older. But the fucking damage they've done BETWEEN the children that will affect their relationships with each other for the rest of their lives makes me want to vomit. 

• Love 5

@dabronx I have to agree-as juicy as it would be to read a tell-all (and how much it would piss off Kate), it probably would not be good for sibling relationships--which, if good, can be very valuable as one gets older, especially. Also, I could see Kate launching a lawsuit against her own child if they wrote an unflattering account of her.

I think it is already evident that the kids' childhoods were less than ideal, and given that Jon has custody of Colin and Hannah, it puts a kink in Kate's "super-mom, doing it all alone" narrative.

• Love 6
On 12/4/2018 at 7:33 PM, BarbieMermaidia said:

She probably just didn't feel like putting up much of a fight after all. She has no interest in Collin, he is an impediment to her life, better "stick" him with Jon. I highly doubt she has much love for him anyway. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She probably just didn't feel like putting up much of a fight after all. She has no interest in Collin, he is an impediment to her life, better "stick" him with Jon. I highly doubt she has much love for him anyway. 

Also, not sure if its AT ALL ACCURATE but one of the magazines mentioned that Collin was more apt to question/challenge her.  I guess he wouldn't blindly accept or obey her.  Watching him when he was younger that doesn't surprise me at all.  Collin was stubborn but also very intelligent.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DkNNy79 said:

Also, not sure if its AT ALL ACCURATE but one of the magazines mentioned that Collin was more apt to question/challenge her.  I guess he wouldn't blindly accept or obey her.  Watching him when he was younger that doesn't surprise me at all.  Collin was stubborn but also very intelligent.

And she doesn't want anyone to question or challenge her on anything. I don't know enough about what issues he has had, but with her as a mother anyone would have problems. 

• Love 6

It is so interesting that Jon has custody of Hanna now. I remember watching the show when the kids were little and ‘Hannie’ was clearly kate’s favorite child. I am sure she is not Kate’s favorite now!

Does anyone know what the college plans are for  the two oldest girls?

• Love 4
On 12/6/2018 at 3:16 PM, libgirl2 said:

Yeah I suspect she's kind of "over it" at this point. But I have to wonder, since I'm not too familiar with how custody works, couldn't she sign physical custody over to Jon upon Collin's release? I don't know what standard protocol is, but it seems disrespectful to blow off the court date if you could just come to a civil agreement about it. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

Yeah I suspect she's kind of "over it" at this point. But I have to wonder, since I'm not too familiar with how custody works, couldn't she sign physical custody over to Jon upon Collin's release? I don't know what standard protocol is, but it seems disrespectful to blow off the court date if you could just come to a civil agreement about it. 

When would she be respectful or civil to anyone? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

Depends.  If the custody agreement lists her as responsible for insurance etc then all of that needs to be signed off in court.  Since she had sole custody they would also have to that change signed off in court.  So if Collin’s care is not paid by Jon then Collin would be discharged to Jon’s care.  Jon would then be solely responsible for Collin and his care and well being.  Now, Jon would need to show that he had minimal living arrangements, home with bedrooms/furniture, healthcare, and what not.  I’m sure that he did that with Hannah’s custody arrangement.  

• Love 3

The clip with the gum still makes my blood boil.  She was so cold hearted with that poor kid.  She's always been a bitch and I'm not surprised that more of the kids haven't flown the coop.  She must be bribing them somehow. 

I wonder where she's getting her money these days.  The upkeep/insurance/utilities on that house must be really expensive. I wonder how she manages.  

• Love 8

Article on John:  (toofab is a sister site to TMZ)

http://toofab.com/2018/12/12/jon-gosselin-not-in-contact-with-most-of-his-children-kate-plus-eight/

Earlier this month, the former "Jon and Kate Plus 8" star was granted temporary sole custody of son Collin, 14, who has special needs. Collin's sister, Hannah, has been living with Gosselin since Feb. 2017. However, according to the reality star, Hannah and Collin are the only kids that still talk to him.

He went to explain that the last time he saw all of his children, it didn't go so well. "It was just volatile and a lot going on," he said. "It was just not a good time."

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1

I'm sure Kate told the kids that Jon wouldn't sign and because of him they will lose the house and their school etc. You just know she's poisoned them against their dad all of these years. Hopefully the rest will come around like Hannah has.  He and Cara were really close when she was young, it's sad that they've lost that. 

I remember reading many times that when the kids didn't want to film when they were little, she'd tell them that they will lose everything and not have any food or anything and it would be all their fault. I believe it.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

I'm sure Kate told the kids that Jon wouldn't sign and because of him they will lose the house and their school etc. You just know she's poisoned them against their dad all of these years. Hopefully the rest will come around like Hannah has.  He and Cara were really close when she was young, it's sad that they've lost that. 

I remember reading many times that when the kids didn't want to film when they were little, she'd tell them that they will lose everything and not have any food or anything and it would be all their fault. I believe it.  

I agree.  It's really sad.  Part of it is Jon's fault but there is no question in my mind that Kate has poisoned their minds.  The twins should sit down with a therapist and binge watch the series.  I think now that they're old enough to try to see the bigger picture, they'll see how horrible Kate was to Jon and the kids, especially Colin. 

• Love 12
On 12/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, ginger90 said:

There you go! Nice chunk of change!

This is what I don't understand--Kate always downplayed how much money she (and the kids) were making from the show--how then can she still afford that home and the accompanying expenses (utilities, maintenance, etc.)? And, if she has money enough for that, why isn't she paying support to John for Hannah and Colin?

• Love 3
On 12/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, JenMcSnark said:

I agree.  It's really sad.  Part of it is Jon's fault but there is no question in my mind that Kate has poisoned their minds.  The twins should sit down with a therapist and binge watch the series.  I think now that they're old enough to try to see the bigger picture, they'll see how horrible Kate was to Jon and the kids, especially Colin. 

Not to mention to the twins themselves. I wonder if it will ever bother Mady that she was cast early on as the bad seed spoiled brat. When the show was big there was a “we hate Mady Gosselin” Facebook page. I remember the checkout clerks at my local grocery store casually gossiping about how awful she was.

She was 6 or 7 years old.

Now maybe Mady DOES have the most difficult personality in the family and maybe she WAS a spoiled brat. But she was also packaged and edited into that role so complete strangers could sit in judgment of her before she was old enough to cross a street by herself. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Adiba said:

This is what I don't understand--Kate always downplayed how much money she (and the kids) were making from the show--how then can she still afford that home and the accompanying expenses (utilities, maintenance, etc.)? And, if she has money enough for that, why isn't she paying support to John for Hannah and Colin?

If I was guessing, oh wait I am, Kate is working.  She also refinanced when interest rates were down and there had been some reboundin the market.  So asking money out of the house.  Plus, don’t forget this is someone that can take a dime and make it a dollar.  There is always a coupon or bulk buy.  But 8 kids cost money and at some point that house will have to go.

Child support isn’t about who has the most money and then they pay for everything.  It’s about both parents paying a fair share for support.  So lets say Kate has $1000 and Jon has $100.  Kate has 6 kids and Jon has 2 kids.  Each kid needs $10 from Kate and $5 from Jon (because Kate has more money).  So Jon needs to pay $30(6*$5) and Kate needs to pay $20 (2*$10).  The net result is Jon needs to pay Kate $10.

Now factor into that equation that Jon has never supported the kids since signing over custody.  If he opens support discussion all that back child support will factor in.  So if he’s smart he won’t say a word.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

If I was guessing, oh wait I am, Kate is working.  She also refinanced when interest rates were down and there had been some reboundin the market.  So asking money out of the house.  Plus, don’t forget this is someone that can take a dime and make it a dollar.  There is always a coupon or bulk buy.  But 8 kids cost money and at some point that house will have to go.

Child support isn’t about who has the most money and then they pay for everything.  It’s about both parents paying a fair share for support.  So lets say Kate has $1000 and Jon has $100.  Kate has 6 kids and Jon has 2 kids.  Each kid needs $10 from Kate and $5 from Jon (because Kate has more money).  So Jon needs to pay $30(6*$5) and Kate needs to pay $20 (2*$10).  The net result is Jon needs to pay Kate $10.

Now factor into that equation that Jon has never supported the kids since signing over custody.  If he opens support discussion all that back child support will factor in.  So if he’s smart he won’t say a word.

Kate may be working as in filming the dating show, I guess. I wondered how much money she had saved when she got divorced to be able to fund everything over these years when she seemed to cry broke. If she has made savvy investments or has been conservative with the money, good. 

Doesn’t Kate now have four kids now that the twins are 18?

Not that he shouldn’t have at least tried to pay support, but it seems as if he barely made enough money to support himself while Kate was pretty comfortable.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Not that he shouldn’t have at least tried to pay support, but it seems as if he barely made enough money to support himself while Kate was pretty comfortable.

Courts don’t care if you are a douchebag that thinks DJing is a career.  They’ll use 40 hours minimum wage and calculate.  The judge will explain that you have a responsibility that comes first before everything but minimum housing and a small living allowance.  Now if your ex says that as long as she doesn’t have to share custody you don’t have to pay then you’re good.  In Jon’s case if you then break that agreement the support comes into play.  So I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a judgement against him.

There are a million ways someone with a nursing license can make money.  She could just be a person on the other end of the computer triaging your virtual visit request.  Those hours are very flexible and the money is decent.  I mean it’s much better than minimum wage.  She could review and update medical coding for billing.  Lots of things that we would never know about.

• Love 3