Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mariah23 said:

In Touch said it was indeed Hannah.  They have video!

I guess the bloom is off the rose with mommy's favorite.  She never tried to hide that Hannah was her favorite. It was always so obvious when she'd talk about the kids, and the way it was always Hannah who was on her lap or holding her hand while the others looked on. 

I'm an asshole but it made my day that it was Hannah who wanted to go with Jon. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

In Touch said it was indeed Hannah.  They have video!

the article doesn't say Hannah on this occasion but one that happened on Aug 15 when the police were called and Hannah was taken by ambulance to the hospital because Kate kept trying to pull her out of Jon's car. She said she hurt her arm pulling on her.  Or that's what I got from it. I think it probably was Hannah and I'm surprised because she was always Kate's fave. Wow just wow.....

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

Isn't 13 about the age when kids can decide which parent they would prefer to live with?  Although I am sure Kate would make the child's life a nightmare in any way she can, if a kid decided to live with Jon.

And, about 2 years ago, when Hannah was around 11, there was another incident where she wanted to stay with Jon and not return to Kate's.  I think the judge forced her to obey the custody agreement that time.  It seems like Hannie has been wanting to get away from ToxicMom for quite a while.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

the article doesn't say Hannah on this occasion but one that happened on Aug 15 when the police were called and Hannah was taken by ambulance to the hospital because Kate kept trying to pull her out of Jon's car. She said she hurt her arm pulling on her.  Or that's what I got from it. I think it probably was Hannah and I'm surprised because she was always Kate's fave. Wow just wow.....

Wow is right! I never heard about that one.  She's such a bitch. She doesn't care what the kids want, she just doesn't want Jon to get them. She wants to be the one they want and it's killing her that she can't control them anymore.  I bet many of them have said they want to live with Jon at one time or another and I bet she's threatened, bribed and guilted them every time they said it.  I'm talking about the ones that she wasn't able to poison against him. You just know she's tried to turn them all against him. I just can't picture Cara not wanting a relationship with her dad, they were so close when she was young. I wonder what Kate has said against him. 

I guess Kate never learned the lesson that you need to love your kids more than you hate your ex. 

Edit: I just googled this story and there's a clip of the bitch on Dr. Oz, she's talking about how hard it is having an ex husband who doesn't see the value in uplifting his kids. I didn't watch the clip but it said she was referring to them  doing the show.  All she cares about is that fucking show. Why she hasn't been officially canceled is beyond my comprehension.  Didn't she only have three episodes this time? Why don't they just cancel this shit once and for all so she has to find something else to do? 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

This part of the article was interesting:

This violent showdown comes after “Jon and Kate had an emergency hearing with a judge after Hannah refused to go back to Kate’s house,” a source explains. On Aug. 11, “The judge granted Jon equal custody of Hannah until he and Kate go to trial.”

• Love 6

I suspect that Kate needs Hannie to be with her in order to have any hopes of keeping the show.  If Jon has custody, Hannah wouldn't be around for all the contrived parties and vacations.  Since she's already exiled Colin, Kate has to hang on to all the rest of the kids.  'Kate Plus 6' just  doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

And, about 2 years ago, when Hannah was around 11, there was another incident where she wanted to stay with Jon and not return to Kate's.  I think the judge forced her to obey the custody agreement that time.  It seems like Hannie has been wanting to get away from ToxicMom for quite a while.

I remember that, too. It does seem that way, and it's very interesting, as it always did seem that Hannah got preferential treatment from Kate.  I shouldn't be playing armchair psychologist, but perhaps because Hannah was treated better by Kate, she's the only one, at least of the sextuplets,  whose will has not been broken and who, therefore, is able to stand up for herself.

Remember the Mother's Day episode in the previous house when Kate had a special breakfast in bed, and she chose only the twins and Hannah to remain in the room with her while she ate?  If it was supposed to be genuinely relaxing for Kate and not just a TLC-scripted ruse, I can understand why she wouldn't have wanted all eight children having their typical knock-down drag-out fights around her bed as she tried to enjoy her special meal, but it seemed odd to single out one of the sextuplets to stay while  metaphorically slapping the other five in the face by kicking them out of the room. Even if she had wanted to have just one of the littler kids with her, it might have been a good time to pick one of the ones who wasn't quite so well-behaved and didn't get as much special time with Kate (maybe Collin, Joel, or Alexis) because without the other five sextuplets  to bounce off of, whichever  sextuplet was allowed to stay by himself or herself with the twins probably would have been very calm and would not have spoiled Kate's special treat.  She always set Hannah up to succeed and the rest of them to fail, then patted herself on the back when she correctly guessed that Hannah would succeed.

Then there was the incident with the cupcakes they frosted for their birthday, when the boys (I think it was all the boys who didn't get to eat their cupcakes, but it's been a long time since I saw the episode) didn't get to eat theirs because they didn't eat enough of their dinners to satisfy Kate, yet Hannah, who was spoon-fed and urged on by Mady but still didn't seem to eat any more than the boys did, was allowed to eat her cupcake.

Then, by way of contrast, there was an episode around that same time when Jon was in charge at dinner, and Hannah didn't get her piece of candy for dessert  because she wouldn't eat dinner. She tried to talk Jon into letting her have a piece of candy regardless, but he didn't cave. Hannie seemed almost surprised that she wan't able to talk Jon into letting her have the candy.  Then he told her that she could have a hug even though she hadn't eaten her dinner,,and she seemed pacified by that, which was very sweet.

I  realize that there were many more times when Kate said more positive things about Hannah than about the others, and there was at least once when she acknowledged that she was able to hold Hannah first and had bonded with her more, but these were the incidents that stood out to me.

It might be a bit hard for Kate to take when her de facto favorite is the first to turn on her, but the reasoning behind it might be very  logical.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 7
On 1/4/2017 at 5:06 AM, ghoulina said:

I did like that she sent the ice cream truck over the "little kids" (when are we going to stop calling them that?) since they couldn't go to the party. And Aiden's sugar reactions crack me up. Some kids really are more susceptible to that stuff than others. 

My children's pediatrician says it's an old wives' tale that sugar causes children to be hyperactive. He says that if the human body could not metabolize sugar [in whatever form it's taken in] well enough not to cause children to be hyper, the human race probably would have gone extinct a long time go.  Excess sugar isn't good for anyone, but the whole  supposed sugar-hyperactivity link is a myth. Something really sugary does cause a person's blood sugar level to spike, then drop if the person hasn't eaten something more substantial and with more staying power long with the sugar-laden carbohydrate load.  Crankiness awhile after having consumed a heavy sugar load is a natural response.

My kids' pediatrician likes to cite  school party days as evidence for his case in point. He says that if you go onto a school playground during the before-school recess  on a major party day, the entire playground will be buzzing with kids  totally hyped up  in anticipation of the parties and of the change in routine  long before the kids have been fed any sugar that they wouldn't have had any other day, and compounded by the fact that many school parties happen before school holidays; even Valentine's Day parties very often happen on the last school day before Lincoln's birthday if a school district observes Lincoln's birthday in addition to President's Day.  My kids' doctor likes to tell a story of when  high-end sugarless treats that were tasty enough that the children couldn't tell the difference were served at one of his own kids' parties.  The kids whose parents had always led them to believe that they were supposed to behave wildly whenever consuming sugar in large quantities acted like maniacs after eating the sugarless sweets. The placebo effect  was on in full force.  If adults tell kids enough times consuming products containing sugar causes them to be wild and crazy, the children will eventually believe it and will be manic immediately after consuming sugar. It's funny, though, that most children will not come unglued after drinking a few glasses of grape or apple juice unless their parents have told them just how much sugar is in either of those juices.

Regarding Collin and hitting, when the children were tiny, Collin seemed to be the most sturdily built of the three boys, and he seemed often to be the most physical. (Now he appears to be the slightest of the boys.) The children would hit each other  --  sometimes even on the head -- and John and Kate would sit there and essentially say,  'Duh! We can't keep them from hitting, so we make them hug each other after they hit." Kate was tremendously punitive where so many things were concerned, yet she was willing to give up when hitting was involved. She could have overlooked a whole lot of other behaviors that were really inconsequential that she was practically going postal over and it wouldn't have made any difference except maybe to cause the children to be less stressed out, and she could have actually dealt with hitting almost every time it happened. (When you have eight kids, there will be occasions in which you really can't deal with it or don't see it, but you need to be dealing with it at least 80% of the time. ) Then she ends up with a child who solves problems by resorting to violence, and she wonders why. (And the kid who has issues with being violent is also the one who was most often knocked around by her.)  Go figure.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 4

Hannah clearly has received preferential treatment over the years, but I also wonder if she's had more responsibility as well. I've always seen her as the little mother hen, Kate's helper. I bet all that pressure is taking its toll. She probably just wants to be a kid. Jon may have his issues, but living in that micromanaged household is causing all of those kids massive stress. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

Even if she had wanted to have just one of the littler kids with her, it might have been a good time to pick one of the ones who wasn't quite so well-behaved and didn't get as much special time with Kate (maybe Collin, Joel, or Alexis) 

Well, it's been confirmed that I'll be going straight to hell (duh!), because I read this as, "Even if she had wanted to have just one of the litter kids...."

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, it's been confirmed that I'll be going straight to hell (duh!), because I read this as, "Even if she had wanted to have just one of the litter kids...."

Freudian slip, I suppose. i don't know if i should correct it or leave it alone.

• Love 2

Jon's brother Mark Gosselin had some strong and encouraging words for his brother and nieces and nephews on his facebook  posting. It was to encourage support to stop the abuse of the kids after this horrible custody exchange.

www.facebook.com/mark06261980?fref=ts

• Love 1

Mark also wanted to get out the hashtag #Savethegosselinkids on twitter to promote stopping the abuse of Gosselin children.

You know he could help.  He could've helped a long time ago when Kate got custody.  She was the only parent asking.  She was the only parent with a car that could hold all 8 children.  So now that Mark wants to get involved the first thing he needs to do is kick his brother in the ass.  He needs to get Jon a job, a steady job that allows for him to be home in the evening supervising homework, paying for tuition, driving them to school, paying for healthcare.  He needs to tell Jon that the current situation is the best the kids can do because they only have one parent in a position to house, feed, school them.  He should tell Jon that he wasted years chasing bimbos and 'donating' his salary to charity.  That he should step up as a father.  And once he does that the court just might let him share 50/50 custody.

• Love 5

This is a classic response to anything related to Kate Gosselin.  unmitigated rage towards either a poster you don't know or rage towards Jon Gosselin. I posted the information about Mark Gosselin from his Facebook posting in case anyone wants to inform themselves about the abuse heaped onto them from their Mother. After these brutal custody exchanges Jon was given joint custody. I'm not being rude, but I will use the ignore button here on in. 

Edited by Chai
clarification
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Please remember to post in the appropriate forums; i.e.: episode talk in the episode forum. Kate talk in the Kate forum, etc. If a post of yours is missing, it was probably moved to the correct forum. 

Thank you 17 Wheatthins, that was probably mine. I did forget to put it under Jon's section. ;-)

It's nice to hear that Jon is able to spend time with one of the children. It's terrible that Colin gets locked away at a school with a history of abuse than for Kate to see if living with Jon could help the kid. Hasn't Jon been punished enough for wearing Ed Hardy and fucking the babysitter?

• Love 4

It appears that Jon has been mostly an absentee lazy father.  I'll never believe that he couldn't have done more to be involved in his children's lives.  The good news is that they'll all soon be old enough to flee from both parents, if that's what they want.  The sad part is how lousy both of their parents have been.

• Love 1

Jon doesn't really have to do anything to feed, clothe and house the kids. Kate should leave the house and Jon could move in and take care of the kids. The kids are the ones who earned the money to pay for everything anyway so Jon could just slide in and take over. He did all the work when they were babies, he can take over and do it again. I'm sure she's poisoned them against him but from what I hear, a number of them want to live with Jon.

The reason Jon didn't pursue custody through the courts is simple. At the time, the kids were making a lot of money for Kate and TLC and she would have had their money and lawyers backing her up. Jon never stood a chance as long as those kids were pulling in ratings. That's all they are to Kate, possessions who make money for her.  At least a while ago, Jon saw that all of this was damaging the kids and tried to stop it, once again Kate and TLC would never have let that happen. 

I don't see why having a dj job is a bad thing. He's making money and there's nothing illegal about what he's doing. What is their mother doing to earn money to support the kids?  Nothing. She's sitting on her ass and her kids are, as always earning the money. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

My perception is that Jon was never given the chance to parent post-divorce.  He is pretty powerless. 

Jon is also extremely passive and, just as he was willing to let Kate bulldoze him during the marriage; he deferred to her in the divorce.  He gave her power over him and the kids and didn't really seem to do much to regain his rightful place in the family after the divorce.  I agree, the house, which is undoubtedly in Kate's name, really belongs to the kids and, if there was any justice in the world, Jon could regain custody and live there.  Alas, I think that is never going to happen.  I wish he had asserted himself more in the time immediately after the separation and gotten good legal help, things could've been a lot different.  In his own way, Jon was just as selfish as Kate when it came to the kids; he was too busy behaving like a frat boy, partying and chasing women and the kids paid the price in the long run.  Maybe now that the kids are older and apparently starting to speak out against their mother's control; they can get some counseling and the opportunity to free themselves from her bad parenting.  

• Love 6

I agree that the odds were stacked highly in Kate's favor, with the money from the show at her disposal. Jon simply could not afford the court battle she was going to subject him to. The fact that Jon chose to leave that life and struggle as a "regular" person, does put him a better light to me. He's certainly got his flaws, but I do think he would be a healthier influence on the children than that she-beast. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I don't see why having a dj job is a bad thing. He's making money and there's nothing illegal about what he's doing. What is their mother doing to earn money to support the kids?  Nothing. She's sitting on her ass and her kids are, as always earning the money. 

Agree. At least the DJ job doesn't involve the kids. Kate's in a position to house, feed, school them because she's using money the children earned.

• Love 5

I don't know who actually started it, but I saw a GoFundMe account that was started for Jon to help get custody of his kids. It says he needs $30,000 for his legal bills. I tend to doubt he'll get much funding for his campaign, it's also not likely he'll get custody unless the show is officially over, which never seems to happen. It pops up for a season every year. I do remember seeing an interview somewhere from Mady and Cara who stated that they didn't want to live with Jon because he had girlfriends around all of the time. I have no idea if it's true or not, but I seem to remember him saying in an interview that he only sees half of his kids. Maybe only 4 of them go on a regular basis to visit. 

This whole GoFundMe culture is getting ridiculous! Why would any sane person give their hard-earned money to help someone they think they know because they had a reality show? The gullibility of the American public is unbelievable to me. I say, look around and help someone near you, or someone whose circumstances are truly a tragedy that's not their fault. I had to unfollow someone on Twitter because he put up a third GoFundMe, this time because his laptop was stolen. Boo Hoo! And some morons actually gave him money. At what point do people take responsibility for themselves? </rant>

• Love 12

Kate's favorites were the ones most like her: Maddie and Hannah.  Both "indoor girls" who were fearful of new experiences, and also organized, bossy, and belittled the boys the most.  

With the 16 yr old version of Maddie you can see how that translated. Something seems to have backfired with her Hannie

• Love 3
On 9/27/2017 at 3:00 PM, TOL said:

Kate's favorites were the ones most like her: Maddie and Hannah.  Both "indoor girls" who were fearful of new experiences, and also organized, bossy, and belittled the boys the most.  

With the 16 yr old version of Maddie you can see how that translated. Something seems to have backfired with her Hannie

I, too, wonder precisely what it was that caused Hannah to defect.   Maybe she was less beaten down and had more confidence than the rest. and felt more empowered to call something as she saw it. Alexis probably would have gotten the same treatment Collin received had she been the one to rebel.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 4
On 10/10/2017 at 9:44 AM, orangeiguana said:

Oh Lordy, Kate, put on a one-piece already. Urp.

I'm not sure what the informal rule is concerning bikinis and age, or even if there is one,  but I'm not yet thirty, relatively fit, and worked hard to regain my body after back-to-back pregnancies, and I wouldn't embarrass my two-year-olds by wearing a 2-piece in public. I can't imagine putting adolescent children through the horror of it.

9 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

I'm not sure what the informal rule is concerning bikinis and age, or even if there is one . . . 

Have you ever been on a cruise ship?  There are apparently NO rules there, informal or otherwise.  We always get a cabin with a balcony and avoid the pool area completely.  There are some things there that you just can't un-see.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Chai said:

I know that Life and Style magazine isn't always the most truthful of publications but I believe every damn word in that article.  I'm pissed the hell off that the judge didn't listen to what Hannah was trying to say and just gave her back to that bitch.

Aren't the kids at an age where they can choose who they want to live with?  I'm sure she's poisoned the kids against Jon and made it to where they're afraid to go see him. She also probably tells them that Jon has no money so if they lived with him they'd have nothing. 

I swear, I've never in my life hated someone on tv like I hate this bitch.  I can usually find the good in a person but in Kate, I see no good. None at all.  I'm not a violent person at all, I consider myself to be a peace loving hippie chick but if I ever saw this bitch in person, I think I'd kick her ass. 

Edited by Maharincess
Holy typos Batman!
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I know that Life and Style magazine aren't always the most truthful of publications but I believe every damn word in that article.  I'm pissed the hell off that the judge didn't listen to what Hannah was trying to say and just gave her back to that bitch.

Aren't the kids at an age where they can choose who they want to live with?  I'm sure she's poisoned the kids against Jon and made it to where they're afraid to go see him. She also probably tells them that Jon has no money so if they lived with Jim they'd have nothing. 

I swear, I've never in my life hated someone on tv like I hate this bitch.  I can usually find the food in a person but in Kate, I see no good. None at all.  I'm not a violent person at all, I consider myself to be a peace loving hippie chick but if I ever saw this bitch in person, I think I'd kick her ass. 

Hi there! I always enjoy reading your posts. I agree with everything you've said.  Over in the 19 kids and counting thread I posted a link to an article that TLC dropped Jill and Derick due to his comments about the transgender teen, Jazz.  I wish and have for a long while that TLC would do the same to KG. (I think she moves heaven and earth to keep that gravy train going)  I loved it when she was fired for a while there. Nothing would warm the cockles of my heart then seeing her get her just desserts. She's an evil, greedy lying manipulative witch. I firmly believe in what comes around, goes around. Karma is going to bite her ass, good

• Love 6

If it isn't already, the show is going to be cancelled. The twins are 17 now and the younger kids 13. With Colin permanently off the show, they've probably gone as far as they can with it. Cara and Mady might decide to go away to college. The family vacations have gotten boring and how many activities can a bunch of teens do with their mom, who insists on being the star of the show? Time to shut it down. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, CarolMK said:

If it isn't already, the show is going to be cancelled. The twins are 17 now and the younger kids 13. With Colin permanently off the show, they've probably gone as far as they can with it. Cara and Mady might decide to go away to college. The family vacations have gotten boring and how many activities can a bunch of teens do with their mom, who insists on being the star of the show? Time to shut it down. 

I've thought this so many times and just when I think she's over, she pops back up.  I don't think she can stand it that she's old news now and nobody gives a shit about her.  I'm honestly surprised she hasn't gotten pregnant again or done something else outrageous like that to get her show back on the air.  I hope she's done finally, I wonder if she's saved or invested any of the kids money. I doubt she's (voluntarily) put any away for the kids future. They've earned enough to have their college paid for if they choose to go to college or a down payment on a house or whatever. The kids earned that money and I hope there's something left for them. 

I just hope the kids come out of this unharmed.  I know they're probably already harmed by this in ways they don't even know yet.  When your entire childhood is put on tv for the entertainment of the public, you're going to be harmed (aka: fucked up). When your nursery and childhood bedrooms are wired for studio lights and cameras, you're going to be harmed.   When your private moments, such as potty training, throwing up and temper tantrums are on television/DVD/internet for all the world to see forever, you're going to be harmed.  I could go on and on but you all get what I mean. 

None of the above even includes the mother being a narcissistic, controlling, abusive bitch which will harm and fuck up a kid all on its own without the warped fact if all of this being on tv. 

There is no way of knowing how kids who's childhoods are exploited by their parents for money will affect these kids in the future. I know I wouldn't want everyone I meet in the future to be able to look online and see me sitting on a toilet, puking in my bed etc etc. 

I'm sorry.  Lol, I get to talking about the bitch and the hatred just pours out so I'll stop now. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate and happy Thursday to those who don't. 

• Love 13

I completely believe that article. Forcing the kids to chant is the exact kind of asinine thing this woman would come up with. Interesting though that the source is supposedly Jon's mom. I've always wondered about her place in this whole ordeal, if I recall mama shrew pushed her away.

• Love 4
On November 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Maharincess said:

I know that Life and Style magazine isn't always the most truthful of publications but I believe every damn word in that article.  I'm pissed the hell off that the judge didn't listen to what Hannah was trying to say and just gave her back to that bitch.

Aren't the kids at an age where they can choose who they want to live with?  I'm sure she's poisoned the kids against Jon and made it to where they're afraid to go see him. She also probably tells them that Jon has no money so if they lived with him they'd have nothing. 

I swear, I've never in my life hated someone on tv like I hate this bitch.  I can usually find the good in a person but in Kate, I see no good. None at all.  I'm not a violent person at all, I consider myself to be a peace loving hippie chick but if I ever saw this bitch in person, I think I'd kick her ass. 

I hate her too.  She and Casey Anthony belong in a prison cell together.  They're both cut out of the same cloth and neither of them have a soul or a conscience.

• Love 6

A new show's coming out about Kate's dating life:  Kate Plus Date.

PEOPLE can exclusively reveal that Gosselin, 43, will star in new TLC series Kate Plus Date, which will document the reality star on her dating journey.

“I’m nervous, I’m excited, and I’m forcing myself to do this,” Gosselin, who was married to ex-husband Jon for 10 years, tells PEOPLE about the upcoming docuseries.

Excited.  Not.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

"...I’m forcing myself to do this,”

Yes, I'm sure she's really forcing herself to get back on television. What a hardship and sacrifice for this private, unassuming person.

How thirsty does a guy have to be to be willing to "date" this horrible woman?  No man with any sense would even think of doing this unless he'd been living in a monastery on Mars and had no access to news for the past 14 years.  These guys are going to be sketchy af.  

Anybody here also watch Teen Mom?  Matt Baier's going to look like Prince Charming compared to these guys.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, lefawn said:

How thirsty does a guy have to be to be willing to "date" this horrible woman?  No man with any sense would even think of doing this unless he'd been living in a monastery on Mars and had no access to news for the past 14 years.  These guys are going to be sketchy af.  

Anybody here also watch Teen Mom?  Matt Baier's going to look like Prince Charming compared to these guys.

It will be the same deal as the guy they found to date twitney on MFFL.  He'll only be there for the cameras.  

Only 4 more years till the twins turn 21 and another 8 years for the rest of them.  I wonder who will write a tell all book first?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Maybe we can find the casting call for Kate's "dates."

"Desperate halfway-decent-looking actors needed to pretend to be interested in harridan famewhore with no redeeming qualities who lives with 8 kids in Pennsylvania."

• Love 12