Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's sad that the only memories these kids seem to have are the ones that were filmed. Don't they do anything when the cameras aren't around? Even things that Kate might have filmed with her iPhone??

And someone *did* talk to Collin! Mady sneered, "You need to quit chewing so loudly." :-(  Poor Collin.

• Love 5

This is how they treated him even in the first episodes this season. If you watched the New Orleans trip, no one spoke to him at all. He just hung around the back of the crowd.  The snow day, no one went near him he stayed alone and the few times he tried to talk they were all mean to him. Every single scene with Collin he was alone, withdrawn, silent. That poor boy. I don't care what he has done, it can't be so severe his siblings and mother need to treat him that way and then ship him off. This kid has been filmed most of his life and there's never been an indication of any type of severe behavior. 

• Love 9

My hunch is that Colin is not in a mental health facility, but rather in some kind of "therapeutic" boarding school.   Hopefully it is a safe place run by a legitimate organization, not like the one my cousin sent her son to that was later shut down for abusing kids and basically having no real classes or teachers, just online learning.

• Love 6

Poor Collin.  His best days of his childhood were probably those when he was being filmed.  The crew probably gave him some attention and insulated him from at least some of the bad behavior inflicted on him by his family.  I'll never forget him and his wanting to take care of him mother, feeding the chickens and cleaning the coops, and the beyond snotty and swearing behavior his mother exhibited on the Mexico trip when she was happy with all the gifts the kids gave her.....except for his.  She shrugged her shoulders and said something like what was he thinking or oh well or whatever.  It was horrid.  For the film crew not to edit that out shows they are watching out for him at least a little.  Without  them I can't imagine his daily life.  When the producers and film crew got pissed before they let all of Kate come out on the RV trip, which was a real let down for her in the first place after Australia and New Zealand.  Got her cancelled.

• Love 3

Just caught up on the last two episodes.  

I have "a Mady" of my own (who also happens to be a twin).  As awful a person as Kate is, when it comes to Mady, the struggle is real!

Having seen some of the comments here before viewing, I was paying attention to Collin during the Trivia episode.  And, boy, that was really sad and a little disturbing.

I hate to be arm-chair psychiatrist/doctor, but his affect was just so dulled and closed off.  Was he medicated?  Was he that afraid to even make a peep?  

It was all just uncomfortable to watch.

On a lighter note: the "Trivia Night" was basically an excuse for a clip-show.  They really have just run out of any rationale to film these folks anymore, beyond the need to fill the schedule.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

On a lighter note: the "Trivia Night" was basically an excuse for a clip-show.  They really have just run out of any rationale to film these folks anymore, beyond the need to fill the schedule.

This seems to be TLC's way lately with other shows of theirs too. Blech!

The episode where Collin got gum on his bear should have been approached as a means of showing what an absolute maniac shrew Khate is, not some schmoopy childhood memory being presented as entertainment.  This is the time when Khate told a crying Collin that she was going to throw his beloved bear in the garbage because he got gum on it.  Even Mady intervened on Collin's behalf, telling the shrew that the bear was Collin's favorite.  It is NOT a funny memory and should not have been presented as such.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

The episode where Collin got gum on his bear should have been approached as a means of showing what an absolute maniac shrew Khate is, not some schmoopy childhood memory being presented as entertainment.  This is the time when Khate told a crying Collin that she was going to throw his beloved bear in the garbage because he got gum on it.  Even Mady intervened on Collin's behalf, telling the shrew that the bear was Collin's favorite.  It is NOT a funny memory and should not have been presented as such.

I'm sure there was a lot of abuse off camera, if Kate would treat her kids so badly while the camera was rolling i shudder to think of what happened once the cameras left.   

Because of the abuse, that bear incident probably is one of their better memories because I'm sure there was a lot of worse shit that we never saw. 

• Love 9
On 1/7/2017 at 7:12 PM, CarolMK said:

It would be better for the kids if the show was cancelled, but then how will Kate make money? She doesn't intend to ever work at a real job again. I remember when she was a guest host on the View, she did very poorly. She's not going to be able to land another television gig unless it's some other d-list reality show. 

Then again, I never thought that the Little People, Big World saga would last this long, but it shows no signs of stopping. Along with the Duggar family, the second generation is taking over. I guess maybe the Gosselin kids will be the main focus of their own show in about 10 years, with Kate in the background. It will probably be the same with all the kids from the Sister Wives show. 

Since she's already in central Pennsylvania, she can go over to West Chester and work for QVC. She's familiar with the cameras and I'm sure she'd love being on air for hours at a time by herself (with the exception of those pesky on air presenters). 

This job suggestion is made with sarcasm ? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Since she's already in central Pennsylvania, she can go over to West Chester and work for QVC. She's familiar with the cameras and I'm sure she'd love being on air for hours at a time by herself (with the exception of those pesky on air presenters). 

This job suggestion is made with sarcasm ? 

Isn't the purpose of QVC to sell stuff? I'm thinking Kate wouldn't do well in sales. Plus, she'd have to be nice to callers. (Jumping on the sarcasm bandwagon.)

• Love 1
On January 10, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Chalby said:

Wasn't it always Joel who was getting into trouble when they were very little. I just remember thinking, Oh boy, that poor kid has anger issues, but I just don't remember Colin this way.

No, it was Colin.  Kate wrote a piece in her journal about getting so mad at Colin one day that she beat him all the way thru the house, up the stairs and into the crib.  I think he was around 2 years-old when that took place.  Then there was the gum/teddy bear incident, and God only knows how many others that no one knows about.  She's abused that boy every way but sexually.  She's a fucking monster who deserves to rot in hell.

• Love 16
On 1/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, CofCinci said:

Did you notice how rigid he sat with his hands on his knees?  Poor thing. 

I thought Colin was already gone before then. 

The producers have a sick sense of humor.....

jbF23ys.jpg

Seriously?  This was a question?  It was a moment of verbal and EMOTIONAL abuse from which he will never recover.  It was horrific!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Translation:  He tried to hit her back?

I hope so.  It's the least traumatic way this story could go.  Could he have been violent with one of the other children?   Didn't he hit an adult at his school before he was expelled?

We'll get a sliver of the truth when she is desperate to remain in the limelight.  In the meantime, let's hope Collin is safe at the school because it has been the in the press recently for a DOJ investigation and lawsuits.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I hope so.  It's the least traumatic way this story could go.  Could he have been violent with one of the other children?   Didn't he hit an adult at his school before he was expelled?

We'll get a sliver of the truth when she is desperate to remain in the limelight.  In the meantime, let's hope Collin is safe at the school because it has been the in the press recently for a DOJ investigation and lawsuits.

You know where he has been placed?

8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Many on the internets say the Milton Hershey School.  http://www.mhskids.org/

8 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Many on the internets say the Milton Hershey School.  http://www.mhskids.org/

I hadn't seen it mentioned. It was one of the places that came to mind though. I live in PA and I really hope he's at a very good program. I'd like to think Kate would have researched and researched some more.

17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I assumed he was aggressive towards the other kids. Ever heard of "displaced aggression"? My dog does this. He'd never bite me but if I say, accidentally step on him ('cause he's always RIGHT THERE), he turns on my husband or the other dog. (He's insane in many ways. The dog, not my husband.)

I can't imagine Kate would send him away nor would a program accept him without having a damn good reason. Not for his sake, but because she's a control freak. 

• Love 2

I think the only reason some of the less reputable boarding schools need is a parent who thinks their kid is trouble.

The "therapeutic" boarding school my family member sent their kid to was recently shut down after being raided by the FBI & DHS.  

• Love 1

In Puppies and Poconos I noticed Kate was talking in a strange monotone. It was like she could care less.  Its the same thing over and over. They send them on vacation and the little girls scream over which room or bathroom Kate said they have. I'm done watching them on vacation.  They had so many activities. I have a feeling they would've had a better time just being left alone to chill out by the lake on that bouncy thing they liked.

I would like to see a behind the scenes watching craft services feed the family, then Kate step in and pull a pan out of the oven and say I'm exhausted from cooking all day. Then show Kate getting her hair and make up done while the nannies  take care of the kids. Then they show the actual filming of what goes on when the crew is there. Ha-ha!

Edited by Chai
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Chai said:

In Puppies and Poconos I noticed Kate was talking in a strange monotone. It was like she could care less.  Its the same thing over and over. They send them on vacation and the little girls scream over which room or bathroom Kate said they have. I'm done watching them on vacation.  They had so many activities. I have a feeling they would've had a better time just being left alone to chill out by the lake on that bouncy thing they liked.

I would like to see a behind the scenes watching craft services feed the family, then Kate step in and pull a pan out of the oven and say I'm exhausted from cooking all day. Then show Kate getting her hair and make up done while the nannies  take care of the kids. Then they show the actual filming of what goes on when the crew is there. Ha-ha!

Yeah, they need to show Steve, the bodyguard/road manager/whatever he is. He's hiding in plain sight. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know if Colin is permanently out of the Gosselin home? I'm assuming he's at a boarding school for troubled adolescents. Will he stay there until he graduates high school and does he come home for visits? Could Jon visit him at this school? He probably won't be featured on the show at all anymore, assuming that it continues. I have no idea how the ratings were this past season, I only watched the New Orleans episodes to see the city I visited with my husband in the early 90's. 

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

WTF?  TMZ is saying Jon will will make his debut as a stripper in Atlantic City, burlesque-style like Magic Mike.  He'll be stripping down to his underwear.  The show debuts on April 1.

Those poor kids.

Is there anything this guy won't do for money at this point? Yikes.

On March 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Gemma Violet said:

WTF?  TMZ is saying Jon will will make his debut as a stripper in Atlantic City, burlesque-style like Magic Mike.  He'll be stripping down to his underwear.  The show debuts on April 1.

Those poor kids.

There's not enough liquor in the universe...

I'm 45 minutes away from Atlantic City but I have zero interest in seeing this. If he was just doing the show as a DJ, I could see people wanting to attend though I don't know if I'm into the type of music he plays. But stripping? Ugh. 

On 1/10/2017 at 7:48 PM, Chalby said:

Wasn't it always Joel who was getting into trouble when they were very little. I just remember thinking, Oh boy, that poor kid has anger issues, but I just don't remember Colin this way.

As I recall, Joel did many things that grossed Kate out and caused her to seem to almost dislike him, but Collin was probably the most physically aggressive. I understood that they had eight small children, but Jon and Kate were far too laid-back about the children pounding each other. They basically said there was nothing they could do to keep it from happening. I felt that they were guilty of lazy parenting. The hitting would be the one thing I WOULD have made an issue about and would have done everything in my power to prevent. I would have worried less about children getting stains on their clothing and far more about their acts of aggression toward one another.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 12
On 12/10/2016 at 9:42 PM, doodlebug said:

But inexpensive clothes, not designer. I think we disagree on what Kate considers to be important.  I agree, she sees the kids as a reflection of her.  I think we just disagree that Kate therefore would insist on a college education for them. I don't think education is one of her priorities. 

Old Navy's clothes may not be designer clothing, but they're not exactly Kmart or second-hand.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:41 AM, ghoulina said:

Since this is taking place on April 1st, everyone online seems to think it's some sort of prank. 

Yep, he didn't strip & April 1st is also his birthday.  It was an elaborate April Fool's joke. 

• Love 4
On 3/31/2017 at 3:06 AM, jilliannatalia said:

As I recall, Joel did many things that grossed Kate out and caused her to seem to almost dislike him, but Collin was probably the most physically aggressive. I understood that they had eight small children, but Jon and Kate were far too laid-back about the children pounding each other. They basically said there was nothing they could do to keep it from happening. I felt that they were guilty of lazy parenting. The hitting would be the one thing I WOULD have made an issue about and would have done everything in my power to prevent. I would have worried less about children getting stains on their clothing and far more about their acts of aggression toward one another.

Hmmm, wonder where he learned it from?  

1 Kate slaps Collin.jpg

• Love 7