Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

She's going to be working overtime with the tanning, the teeth bleaching, the hair bleaching, the extensions, the acrylic French nails...

...hope there's still enough in her children's bank accounts to bankroll all of that.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2018 at 4:27 PM, ChristmasJones said:

are there really any people left who care about this woman? She seems like the ultimate has-been of reality tv at this point.

She IS the ultimate has-been by now.  

Kate, sell your huge house, get a job in nursing and learn how to get along with Jon.  

I don't care if people want to pimp themselves out on reality tv for $$$, I really don't.  But when they involve children it is time to stop.  I could not even try to watch "Spouse House" or "Married at First Sight" because as someone who is divorced I can't stomach anyone taking marriage lightly, even w/out the kids.  90 Day Fiance?  Sure - when it is just the TWO of them.  Those with kids, who bring a stranger into the house with little ones......call CPS, seriously.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Kate, sell your huge house, get a job in nursing and learn how to get along with Jon.  

And I realize the kids are 2 or 3 to a room.  But get a three bedroom and put the 5 girls in one room and the boys in the other.  Then delay those selfish twins from going to college.  They can stay home and babysit the 6 younger kids.  And then Jon can get a real job and pay support.  He can take the kids in his 1 bedroom apartment if you need to do shift work in order to make enough to cover healthcare etc.  Or you can do a couple more lame reality shows until the youngest get off to college.  Not sure she has options.  8 kids is 8 kids.

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And I realize the kids are 2 or 3 to a room.  But get a three bedroom and put the 5 girls in one room and the boys in the other.  Then delay those selfish twins from going to college.  They can stay home and babysit the 6 younger kids.  And then Jon can get a real job and pay support.  He can take the kids in his 1 bedroom apartment if you need to do shift work in order to make enough to cover healthcare etc.  Or you can do a couple more lame reality shows until the youngest get off to college.  Not sure she has options.  8 kids is 8 kids.

Well I think she has options, she just does not want to exercise all of them.  Nursing can pay good $$$ she does not want to do that, not sure why as it is a noble career.

Let's face it - Kate will (and has) griped about everything:  This many kids, that many kids, now they need a ride, now they are driving......Her whole demeanor is so offputting I wonder who TLC is using as focus groups to get her on the air.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, AZChristian said:

You are right!  Poor Collin.  Or lucky Collin, depending on how he is treated in the residential treatment place she banned him to.  

I am curious about Collin as well, as I am a special ed teacher and to get a child out of the home into FT residential is.....long and arduous, as it should be.  No one should be able to pluck a kid out and have them removed overnight.  I hope id getting better and is learning to deal with any behaviors he was having; it am sure they were serious to warrant a FT residential placement.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am curious about Collin as well, as I am a special ed teacher and to get a child out of the home into FT residential is.....long and arduous, as it should be.  No one should be able to pluck a kid out and have them removed overnight.  I hope id getting better and is learning to deal with any behaviors he was having; it am sure they were serious to warrant a FT residential placement.

Maybe the "powers that be" saw how badly Collin was treated as compared to the other 7.  He was always Khate's least favorite.  In an ideal world, Aunt Jodie or another family member could have taken him in, but Khate would have seen that as a confirmation that the problem wasn't with Collin.  I strongly suspect that she did whatever she had to do to make it look like his problems were serious enough to warrant a FT residential placement.  Money talks, and she's got a lot of it.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Well I think she has options, she just does not want to exercise all of them.  Nursing can pay good $$$ she does not want to do that, not sure why as it is a noble career.

Let's face it - Kate will (and has) griped about everything:  This many kids, that many kids, now they need a ride, now they are driving......Her whole demeanor is so offputting I wonder who TLC is using as focus groups to get her on the air.

I agree that she gripes about everything but that doesn’t change the fact that without any support from their father she has limited options.  What people forget about good $$$ is that those nursing jobs are shift work.  So nights and weekends.  You don’t get the big bucks working 9-5 at a clinic.  Then unless the older kids do day care pretty much all of that money is eaten up by after care costs.  One of the key points is that in order to put the kids in a car you need seating for 9.  That takes most reasonably priced cars out of the running.  You have 9 people in a house.  That puts most reasonably priced houses out of the market.  The logistics of this is a nightmare.  The alternative is to sell the house, spend the money and go on assistance.  So I still say I’m fine with whatever she can do to just maintain until the kids start college.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I strongly suspect that she did whatever she had to do to make it look like his problems were serious enough to warrant a FT residential placement.  Money talks, and she's got a lot of it.  

Not to mention Kate's acquaintance with the truth is scant at best.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Not to mention Kate's acquaintance with the truth is scant at best.

Not to defend Kate in any way:  It takes a lot of documentation to warrant a removal.  Not just her opinions, they need facts from may parties:  Parents, doctors, teachers, maybe even neighbors.  Let's say Kate did stretch the truth - the other's opinions would weigh just as heavily.  Trust me, we hear this all the time!  "Little Henry is an angel at home!" meanwhile he is tearing up the classroom, and we hear the opposite as well.

What I am saying is this:  Kate's opinion that Collin was too naughty or whatever is just that:  Her opinion.  The school/county would need hard data to support a removal.  Trust me, I have called kids in to CPS for far worse and the child is still in the home.  They investigate and collect data from many sources over a lot of time.

And yes, I have seen severe emotionally disturbed kids as young as kindergarten so.....yeah.....they are out there.

• Love 4

Can Kate not place Colin in a private school without CPS involvement?  Where we used to live there was a privately owned and run "reform" type school and parents paid the school to keep their troubled kids.  It was arranged completely between the parents and the school.   The school did an assessment and that was it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Can Kate not place Colin in a private school without CPS involvement?  Where we used to live there was a privately owned and run "reform" type school and parents paid the school to keep their troubled kids.  It was arranged completely between the parents and the school.   The school did an assessment and that was it.

And if it was privately owned and run, which means "for profit," it's unlikely their assessment would find that Collin should not attend.  If you have enough money, you can pay for anything.  (Including the Kennedy family, when Joe had a lobotomy done on his daughter Rosemary.)

• Love 5

Can you imagine being in the hospital, sick as a dog, and, your nurse is Kate Gosselin?  I'd rather she continue an occasional lame show appearance than subject anyone to that.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Can you imagine being in the hospital, sick as a dog, and, your nurse is Kate Gosselin?  I'd rather she continue an occasional lame show appearance than subject anyone to that.

I would check myself out!!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'd give her a chance (just one).  If she pulled that "Khate" personality on me, I'd be asking for a nursing supervisor, and would then work my way up the chain of hospital administration until someone with authority changed out my nurses.  

10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'd give her a chance (just one).  If she pulled that "Khate" personality on me, I'd be asking for a nursing supervisor, and would then work my way up the chain of hospital administration until someone with authority changed out my nurses.  

I had to do this when my son was 7 and had his appendix removed. The night nurse called him a big baby when she came to give him an injection of antibiotics and he started crying because the shot burned. I was staying in the room with him and I flew out of my chair, pulled her from the room and told her off. Then I reported her to the head nurse and she never went near my son again. 

Why does TLC think people want to see this bitch again?! 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I had to do this when my son was 7 and had his appendix removed. The night nurse called him a big baby when she came to give him an injection of antibiotics and he started crying because the shot burned. I was staying in the room with him and I flew out of my chair, pulled her from the room and told her off. Then I reported her to the head nurse and she never went near my son again. 

Why does TLC think people want to see this bitch again?! 

OMG!  What a witch!  She should not be a nurse she obviously has no people skills/empathy.

Jon posted this on his Facebook page too, and one of him and Hannah having breakfast with him on her birthday. I think there was a later photo of all the kids. I do wonder if Hannah is living with him now. Maybe Colin is as well, though I think what he posted above was a visit from Colin. 

Also, I read a rumor that TLC is giving Kate a dating show. I wonder who's more desperate, Kate or TLC. 

• Love 2

I think her new dating show is going to flop miserably. I don't know this for a fact, but I do believe that Hannah is now living with Jon. Kate can no longer have a show with her 8 as 2 of them are now gone from the household, so I guess the producers had to come up with an alternative. Everyone I know who has ever watched the show has done it because of the kids, not because they were fans of Kate. 

• Love 1

The picture of Jon posted with Hannah shows her (I assume, because he states they are having breakfast before going to the bus stop) school emblem on the sweatshirt she’s wearing. Not sure that’s the  greatest idea.

So sad what their family has become. Hits me in my heart since I've been watching them since Kate & Jon's special episode!

I am about 90% sure Hannah is now living with Jon. Glad she seems to be happy and I hope the others will be able to get away as most of them seem miserable. Especially the twins!

It is terrible that Kate did not make them see their father. Now that they are teens it will probably be near impossible to repair their relationship. Sad. Sad to see a family so divided!

I know they will most likely be broken adults with so many issues =/

• Love 2

We can’t know the full details, but there have certainly been hints over the years that Hannah had a good relationship with her dad. It’s nice to see them spending time together, and with Colin. I hope this means that Hannah is living with Jon now, although that makes me curious about how that would play on Kate’s upcoming TLC show. Maybe they would just film on custodial weekends so they didn’t have to get into it on screen. (Insert all the eye rolls.)

14 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I think her new dating show is going to flop miserably. I don't know this for a fact, but I do believe that Hannah is now living with Jon. Kate can no longer have a show with her 8 as 2 of them are now gone from the household, so I guess the producers had to come up with an alternative. Everyone I know who has ever watched the show has done it because of the kids, not because they were fans of Kate. 

It would be awesome if they actually cancelled that hot mess. Cue publicity tour from Kate crying about how Jon once again stopped her from putting food in her kids’ mouths since parading her children on television and social media are literally the only ways she knows how to earn an income...

• Love 2

Glad to see them together, they look happy. I'm sure Collin really needed some new things and interesting he seemed able to leave the facility alright for the day. I also can't help but pick up K8 spite in their posting of these photos. Seems like Hannah is enjoying pets and coffees and whatnot that her mother probably wouldn't allow, never mind an insta account.

• Love 3
On 5/12/2018 at 9:44 PM, babyhouseman said:

Great news. On his instagram, Jon posted a picture of Collin and Hannah for their 14th bday which was last week. So glad to see Collin again.

Collin looks overmedicated. What a depressing birthday. No child deserves institutionalization. 

• Love 1
On 5/31/2018 at 8:08 PM, CofCinci said:

Collin looks overmedicated. What a depressing birthday. No child deserves institutionalization. 

I don't know about overmedicated, but many times certain medications that kids are on for behavior will make them gain weight like this. 

• Love 1

Yes, it would be "the kids miss filming" excuse! Then find them something else to do!

I'll admit, when I watched J&Kplus8 it was a hate-watch kind of thing, or like looking at wreckage from a car accident on the side of the road.

• Love 2

Hannah has done several instagram stories over the past week or so.  One night she had a sleepover with a couple of friends.  Jon was there answering questions she repeated from instagram.  She & her friends were making pancakes & doing a lot of typical teenaged girl giggling.  Was very refreshing to see.   She was asked if Collin would be living with them & she answered yes.  There's a lot of speculation that Collin is being transitioned to come home/live with Jon & Hannah.  She said she doesn't see Kate anymore, Cara & Mady don't talk to her.  She said only the boys talk to her, so sounds like Alexis & Leah are staying in line like the twins.   She also posted another instagram story this weekend where she was talking while Collin, Joel & Aiden had a water balloon fight going on.  She didn't show the boys, but you could hear them hollering & laughing.  They were teasing her & she was laughing & telling them not to get her wet while she had her phone.  

Keep going Jon!   Hannah sounds happy, relaxed, & like a typical teenager.  She's having sleepovers with friends like teenaged girls do all the time.  And sounds like Jon is doing what it takes to free Collin.  I hope he keeps it up & gets any other kids that want to escape from the Kate compound.  She can't hold them hostage forever, they will grow up & and as we can already see, start leaving her controlling ass behind. 

• Love 12

So when Hannah had her birthday and could choose she decided to move in with dad? Am I right, aren't they 13 now? Good for her either way, just wonder how much Kate has brainwashed the others to the point on not even talking to Hannah. So glad that Collin will be living with them also, good job Dad!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

So when Hannah had her birthday and could choose she decided to move in with dad? Am I right, aren't they 13 now? Good for her either way, just wonder how much Kate has brainwashed the others to the point on not even talking to Hannah. So glad that Collin will be living with them also, good job Dad!

They were 14 in May. 

• Love 2
On 7/2/2018 at 6:49 PM, EVS said:

Leah and Hannah used to be so close.  It’s sad that they don’t talk.  

Right? I'm glad to see some of the kids asserting their independence and getting out from under Kate's rule. But it makes me so upset to see the fractures amongst the kids. Hopefully they can somehow figure it out and repair things as adults.

• Love 8

I'm sad that a 14 year old girl is hosting Instagram chats with her idiot father! These two people have an appalling value system.  They should have never been allowed to breed!   

• Love 2
14 hours ago, kathe5133 said:

I'm sad that a 14 year old girl is hosting Instagram chats with her idiot father! These two people have an appalling value system.  They should have never been allowed to breed!   

They were raised on television, media & spotlight is all they've ever known. She may think this is her chance to speak of things never before allowed. I don't condone it but I would have to look at the situation a little different than most. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

They were raised on television, media & spotlight is all they've ever known. She may think this is her chance to speak of things never before allowed. I don't condone it but I would have to look at the situation a little different than most. 

Lots of teenagers go on social media. So why not Hannah? I agree Hannah's situation is unique, and she's just trying to put her own view out there. Kate had enough time to spout her views, and she's not going to tell anything favorable to Jon.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I agree.  And Hannah has probably seen for a long time how Jon has been bashed when compared to Kate and she, more than most, knew the realities of the situation and maybe felt that her dad was being unfairly maligned.  Maybe she sees this as her chance to set the record straight somewhat.  

It's sad to hear that her sisters won't talk to her, but that's on them.  Maybe the twins are influencing Alexis and Leah and they don't feel secure going against that.  I wouldn't want to think that they would be totally against a relationship with Hannah.  Everyone has always been able to see that the twins were the most likely to be miniature versions of Kate, so it's not all that surprising that they are acting as they are.  I just hope they aren't influencing the younger girls.  

• Love 5

Actually, what saddens me the most is that Alexa and Cara were always way more like Jon and close to him.  I can only imagine the emotional blackmail that must have gone on to turn them from Jon.  

Granted, Jon is responsible for at least some of that for acting like a dick post-divorce, but after being under Kate's leash for so long, I can't really find any hate for him. And if he frees even Hannah and Collin??   He'll almost reach sainthood.  He was always the better parent to all the kids IMO until the divorce and losing his mind for awhile.  But that's what being a famewhore does to you. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

Actually, what saddens me the most is that Alexa and Cara were always way more like Jon and close to him.  I can only imagine the emotional blackmail that must have gone on to turn them from Jon.  

I think Cara probably had no chance at withstanding the double-team from Kate and Mady, the child who was always the most like Kate in attitude and temperament.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I think Cara probably had no chance at withstanding the double-team from Kate and Mady, the child who was always the most like Kate in attitude and temperament.

I hope and pray that at least some of the kids will come to realize that this was not all Jon's fault.  I have a good friend who is a borderline narcissist and her daughter would never say a word against her.  Now that she's 20, she's having a hard time because in her eyes, her mom is a terrible narcissist.  It'll all even out in the end.  Hopefully. 

• Love 2