Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

ShaNeaNae said:

...And why does she look so different than her old K+8 Days? I'm sure she's had a nip and tuck, and the longer hair, but she looks real different. It's like her eyes look slanty like when you pull your ponytail too tight.

It is so obvious she had so much work done, she does not even resemble the same person from when J&K=+8 started.  We know she had tummy tucks, I am sure at this point, more than one in addition to facial work plus caps for her teeth  & extensions for her hair.  She was very mousy looking in the beginning.

Not sure how much of this she actually paid for herself.  She loves, loves, loves freebies and loves even more using her "poor me, I have 8 kids" to get the freebies.

The woman turns my stomach and I am seriously considering not watching Apprentice as long as she is on it.

(For some reason, quote was not working for me...)

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 3

So, I was watching What Not To Wear (not a lot on) and the new Kate ad came on. I'm seriously wondering if she hasn't made the decision to encourage hate watching. Does she really think mocking her children on national television is going to make anyone feel sympathy for her?

• Love 2

The yard sale she's having is tomorrow at a church grove. It's not too far from me but it's my weekend to work. I probably would have checked it out for the heck of it. She was on a local radio station this morning getting the info out there for the sale. Apparently she did some remodeling on the house and lost storage space, so a yard sale is happening. Whatever!!  She's also not pricing anything, "make an offer", she says. I can't stand yard sales like that.

I also hate sales like that but I've heard a lot that you can make more money at a garage/yard sale that way because people will offer more than what you had originally planned to mark it for.

I'm already so sick of the promo they are showing three times an hour here. It is snippets of the kids and then long reaction shots of her mugging to the camera. I just want to reach through the tv and throttle her. She is well aware she is despised and smirks at the camera as if to say " couldn't get rid of meeeee. ..im backkkkkk! "

Argggggggggg

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 1

Not sure I'm gonna be able to stomach Maddie as teenager. Maybe Kate should try another revenue stream?

Is she that damn annoying whiny one? I rarely watched the original show way back when but even then one of those little twins was so damn annoying. From the commercials it looks like one of them still is whining and crying as a teen.

• Love 1

I used to love watching the sextuplets when they were little, but they aren't so cute and adorable anymore.  I'll skip this show.  It's bad enough having to watch Kate on CA until she's fired.  The older twin girls are very annoying. It used to be just Maddy who was annoying, but Cara is just as annoying now.  I'm actually surprised that Kate was able to get another season on TLC.  I guess her fall specials garnered enough ratings for this.  Blech!!!  

• Love 2

Episode 1:

"New England Adventures"

Kate and the kids head north for one last summer adventure. There are fun things planned long the way like a stop at Plimoth Plantation, lobster filled launches, arts and crafts, and outdoor excursions.

Premieres January 13, 2015.

Just the commercials make my blood pressure spike. I can't imagine mocking or rolling my eyes at my kids, on television none the less.

But, here I am watching an episode from 2011, of some RV trip where she brought along extra people to take care of her kids, then bitches bout how they're all unorganized. She's the biggest baby on the trip, and this is not entertaining. I will NOT be tuning in tonight.

• Love 1

I'm watching the RV trip right now. Every god damn one of those kids are way to old to be whining and crying when they fall or when they don't get their way.

Does the Witch ever talk TO anybody? If she does, I've not seen it. She barks at people and issues commands but I haven't seen her have a nice, civil conversation with anybody. Especially her kids.

I feel so bad for those kids. Cara crying over Ashley leaving being captured for entertainment probably went over great with her classmates. Those kids are probably teased so bad.

She's the only TV person who I wouldn't be able to stop myself from smacking the shit out of if I ever saw her in person. I'm a peace loving hippie chick who's never hit anybody, but damn I really want to beat that witch.

ETA. She was such a raging bitch to the white water raft guide. It was obvious he wanted to knock her into the water.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 9

I watched most of this.  If Kate is so grossed out by lobsters, how and why is she throwing them into the pot next week?  Fake.

I can hardly understand Mady when she speaks.  She doesn't speak distinctly.  And she's just like her mom, same personality.

The twins really aren't cute anymore.  Especially Mady.  The little girls are beautiful and I just love those boys!

And Kate is so fussy about everything.  I can't believe she has a bird flying around the kitchen.

I sure hope there is something else, anything else, on next week so that I am not tempted to watch.

• Love 2

Well what happened to all organic all the time? The cake, the candy, the candy, the candy... And why no seat belts in that tractor? Helmets but no seat belts? Didn't Jon get crucified over that?

And that fucking bird! She gives it more affection than she does her kids. And all over the kitchen counters? I love my pets, but I don't have them living on the kitchen counter.

She's lost whatever attractiveness she had. She looks bitter, angry and tired and ten years older than she is. Loved that no one was helping her with the carts at the party store. I bet she's worn out her welcome with the locals.

The house is starting to look a bit neglected. Money must be tight.

• Love 1

I used to love watching the sextuplets when they were little, but they aren't so cute and adorable anymore.  I'll skip this show.  It's bad enough having to watch Kate on CA until she's fired.  The older twin girls are very annoying. It used to be just Maddy who was annoying, but Cara is just as annoying now.  I'm actually surprised that Kate was able to get another season on TLC.  I guess her fall specials garnered enough ratings for this.  Blech!!!  

My reactions as well. Both twins are whiny and obnoxious. The "little kids" aren't cute anymore and almost appear coached when talking on camera. Kate never was watchable. Stunned that TLC is giving her another run.

• Love 6

I was stunned that she had a bird.  Ms. Uber Neat Freak own a bird?!  They make a big mess (I should know, I have three cockatiels).  I would never have my bird on the counter in the kitchen (even if it is a playpen/perch).  Too many things for that little guy to get in to. 

Those thunderstorms / hail storms were pretty bad.  My sister lives near Reading and even she went into her crawl space during the worst of the storms.  They had some hail damage to their vehicles and house too.  K(hate) was lucky she missed the storm for the most part. 

I agree with the assessment of Kate - she does look a good 10 years older than she is.  Bitter, angry, and tired.  She brought it on herself.

• Love 2

I turned this on out of curiosity to see what the kids look like now-I had to turn it off; it was all so negative.  Those kids all complain & whine...not attractive. Just my thoughts: Kate always talked about the wonderful opportunities they have always been given by these free trips, I think they have been given too much and do not appreciate anything.  There comes a point where they expect it.

As much as a germaphob she has always claimed to be (grossed out by her own kids dirty diapers and vomit) I cannot believe she allows that bird to roam free in her kitchen.  I have parakeets and believe me, they do not care where they drop one!  Everyone I know who has birds & keeps them on their shoulders like that always has a towel over their shoulder in case the bird does drop.  But it looks like she has it's setup on the kitchen counter, so that bird roams the counters and leaves drops everywhere! And she is much more affectionate to that bird than she is to the kids.

Kate does have a constant angry look to her.. 

One thing that drives me crazy about Kate is how she's all, "The kids are getting older now and can make their own choices", but then she'll turn around and say, "Hannah, I think you should pack this outfit" or "Maddie, if I were you I'd order ___". Drives me batty! But I loved how Maddie was all, "Fuck that, bitch. I'm ordering lobster!" 

Maddie is a totally disrespectful brat and I generally can't stand her, but because she's Kate's kid, sometimes I find her just delicious. 

Aayden and Hannah are my favorite little ones. Hannah seems very helpful and easy going, and Aayden is just so sweet and smart. 

She's lost whatever attractiveness she had. She looks bitter, angry and tired and ten years older than she is.

She's too thin and her hair is too long. It's aging. I don't like to pick on anyone's weight, in either direction - but I don't think she is her natural weight, and it appears to be vanity driven, not like she has an illness or anything. If she filled out just a tad, and took some length off of their hair, gave it some body, etc....she wouldn't look so old. 

• Love 1

Maddie usually drives me crazy but her button pushing with Kate last night was kinda fun. I was honestly shocked that Maddie ordered a lobster - are they not very expensive up there?  I didnt have crab or lobster until I was well out of college. But then again I don't live near the east coast so that could be why.

Although she still likes to give orders I found it interesting that she actually let the girls figure out their sleeping arrangement. Let them fight it out lol 

The screaming while looking for crabs was very VERY annoying. 

• Love 1

Where are the Lobster Rolls?

One of the best reasons to go to New England.  Lots of deliciousness to be found - especially at Red's Eats.

And I can't believe I'm saying this ... but I believe Kate has mellowed.  She's letting the kids make their own decisions.  Letting them choose their clothes.  Letting them argue things through themselves w/o losing her shit.

• Love 4

She has mellowed.  I still could do without the screeching.  You can tell she still runs because that is someone that takes care of themselves.  And the house!  I grew up in a large family and I was shocked as they were on the floor packing their bags that the woodwork and walls were pristine.  The montage at the beginning of the playhouse slowly going the way that all childhood playhouses go is like a calendar of time passing.  I can't believe they are ten.  Kate said at one point that the twins were 14 and a half.  Yikes, it will be driving lessons soon.  I know PA, Bucks County has some fairly restrictive teen driving rules.  Anyone know the details?

The most interesting part overall was how the kids work as a unit.  They enjoy playing with each other.  They certainly have figured out how to negotiate within their group.  The who is sleeping where with the girls was pretty impressive.  You could tell the painting was a emergency producer set up but they all went straight for it.  The absolute best was the rope course.  

So I'm glad I caught it.  I'll probably try to catch all 5 and that's about how many I would like to see as a yearly check in.  I hope the screeching is producers getting their Real Housewives edit with just one person.  That has got to stop.

• Love 3

That was painfully boring. The draw of JK+8 was the natural adorableness of toddlers and watching the controversial relationship between Jon and Kate. Now that that's gone there's just nothing left.

And, yes, Kate looks horrible.

• Love 5

I enjoyed seeing the kids now that they're older and thought they all seemed to be having a great time.  Had my doubts about another road trip because Kate has generally not done well with that sort of thing.  I don't know if the passage of time has lessened the symptoms of her OCD or if she's on a medication that's working for her, but this Kate was relaxed and genuinely just enjoyed her kids without getting ruffled about anything.  It was a pleasure to watch.

I'll duck now.

• Love 6

After watching the episode i REALLY want to take a vacation to Maine now. Not because of what they did but I was in PA over christmas and had a lobster roll and it was the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth so I can only imagine how amazing they taste being fresh in Maine.

So I never watched this show before. The new season was my first time ever experiencing this show.

Is it normal for Kate to always complain? She seems like a pessimistic when the children are not in the room.

On her show, yes.  However if you watch Celebrity Apprentice I feel she tries to be more positive on there, likely because she doesn't want to get dragged down and fired for being a PITA.  lol

• Love 1

After watching the episode i REALLY want to take a vacation to Maine now. Not because of what they did but I was in PA over christmas and had a lobster roll and it was the most delicious thing I have ever put in my mouth so I can only imagine how amazing they taste being fresh in Maine.

On her show, yes.  However if you watch Celebrity Apprentice I feel she tries to be more positive on there, likely because she doesn't want to get dragged down and fired for being a PITA.  lol

A bit off topic, but Mr. Chuckity and I did the New England thing last summer - didn't run in to Kate though.  Bummer.  I used to think Hawaii was the most beautiful state - but no longer.  It's Maine hands down.  Bonus points for lobster rolls & Stephen King.

I feel like Kate is more snarky than pessimistic these days.  In the early shows, she was a frazzled, controlling, over bearing bitch.  Now, she's just a snarky bitch.  

• Love 1

For someone who touts herself as Miss Organization, she comes across as a disorganized mess.  The cake baking? She didn't realize the layers would be so  flat? She was using 10/12 inch cake rounds and  probably a recipe that was for 8/9 in rounds. And the mess she was making? Why do I think she staged that whole debacle and had a cake on order as a back up? No way did she call and have a custom cake made that quickly.

I still don't get why she is so tired all the time. Her kids are in school all day. Yeah,she  has laundry, but I'm betting she has two or three washers and dryers. It looks like the kids do ALOT of the  cook prep and I wonder if they still eat off paper plates for every meal?  My mom had 8 kids and to be honest, we weren't that much help around the house. But she had the laundry washed and folded and ready to be put away at the end of every school day, and we had home cooked  meals every night. And there was much less noise around our house. No schrieking and yelling or running around and jumping all over the furniture.

If her kids are getting mouthy and snarky, especially the older ones, it might be because Kate has developed the habit of talking in a snarky, smart ass manner to them. The eye rolling and the other dramatics from the twins are exactly the way Kate acts in her talking heads and in her interaction with them.  

I just don't see her really enjoying her children. Even the supposed fun things she does with them, she comes across as just going thru the motions, and playing to the camera, her new mantra of "single mom of  8" is repeated over and over. I don't care if she is a single mom of 8. Too bad, Jon wasn't a bad parent. He was very hands on with the kids and didn't make everything into a crisis like she did. But nothing was ever good enough for her. She got used to the money and the freebies and began thinking she DESERVED it because she had sextuplets. She alienated everyone around her. If she's a single mother of 8 and has to do it all alone... maybe she should have been nicer to those who tried to help out but weren't perfect enough for her and maybe gave her kids a piece of gum or let them get dirty!!

• Love 11

I think Mady is bipolar. I also think what we clearly see, and more evident then even the birthday episode is her manic side. She is either pissed off and crying or uncontrollable giggly. Yes, she models her mother's behavior, but she also has her genetics. It has been spoken by relatives that Kate herself is bipolar but refuses medication. I was extremely disturbed by Mady's behavior.

Also, Alexis. That once charming little girl has sheer anger in her eyes. I might be afraid to sleep in the same room with her too after all the years of being bad mouthed by her parent's and her siblings. She is living up to their expectations.

The boys seemed free on the ropes course and having fun. They don't get to do that very often.

Kate is aneorexic and she hates that Mady is getting chubby. She was worried about Hannah's "chubbiness" when she was 2 years old.

Those kids are so screwed in my opinion.

• Love 2

I grew up in Maine, and currently still live here LOL. Word of advice don't go to a tourist resturants that serve lobster rolls. They never taste as good, there allot fishermen who gather, cook it and sell it only during the summer. They set up like a food local truck, and wicked cheaper then buying it in resturant and also support locals. Also they don't have the best practice for humanly killing a lobster. We had resturant in my home town called Linda Beans who PETA got upset with.

Also selling blueberries on side of the road is a thing here too...

Also I'm surpise I didn't hear about Kate coming to Maine, the radio stations here always go on and on about a celebrity coming to the state. So surpise no mention about it. Kinda went under the radar here.

Edited by JellyFishQueen
  • Love 3

Kate is aneorexic and she hates that Mady is getting chubby. She was worried about Hannah's "chubbiness" when she was 2 years old.

Boy I've got to disagree on this point.  I did watch all those shows and I never saw her say a word about weight of any of her kids.  I know that folks on forums really thought Hannah was 'fat'.  Plus I do not see her as being anorexic at all.  I compare that to people like Victoria Beckham or Guiliano  and Kate doesn't even come close.  But that might be because I am around a lot of 40+ women that run.  They look good and there just isn't any giggle.

• Love 6
Boy I've got to disagree on this point.  I did watch all those shows and I never saw her say a word about weight of any of her kids.  I know that folks on forums really thought Hannah was 'fat'.  Plus I do not see her as being anorexic at all.  I compare that to people like Victoria Beckham or Guiliano  and Kate doesn't even come close.  But that might be because I am around a lot of 40+ women that run.  They look good and there just isn't any giggle.

Well, I don't think we can say for certain that Kate is anorexic or that she gives any of the kids a hard time about their weight. But....she does appear to be a lot thinner, to me....and Maddie is clearly a bit chubby. Now, that can be completely normal at her age. Hormones and puberty and what-not. I think you kind of have to wait until they get past that stage to really determine what kind of frame/weight they're going to carry. But as a viewer, seeing thin Kate squeezed on the couch between her mildly chubby daughters made me worry. I was anorexic in my late teens/early 20s, and while it wasn't entirely because of this, I had a very thin stepmother and being around her made me so insecure. She could eat whatever she wanted and never put on a pound. I was very jealous of her. It's totally not her fault, but it can be hard on a young girl who is starting to experience body issues, so I just hope Kate is aware of that. If she's eating well and just keeping fit - good for her. But if she is restricting in any way that is noticeable to her daughters, that wouldn't be cool. 

• Love 3

On the show with the trip to the Grand Canyon, Kate said, "People are always walking out of my life."  No, honey, you are always DRIVING people away.  She claims to be such a good organizer, but I see her as somebody who has to micromanage everything.  I learned years ago, that if my husband or daughter did something and it was maybe not the way I liked it, it was OK.  For example, I am very fussy about how laundry is folded, but if my husband puts towels in the linen closet and they are not all facing the same way, I don't freak out.  I just use them first to get rid of them :)  And I'm thankful for the help.

I can see why people think Kate is bipolar.  And it seems Mady is the same way.  Get some family counseling before you drive your kids away!

I love those little kids.  It was disheartening, however, to see the girls kind of act like Mady.  The boys are adorable, they just go with the flow.

I have always wanted to go to Maine.  I would love to do that Pilgrim village thing they showed.  It was nice to see the kids have fun.  But Mady said "We already learned about the Pilgrims, now we needed to get all hot and sweaty to do it."  I think they should appreciate all the trips that are handed to them.

I live about an hour away from Kate.  I know a young lady who went to her yard sale and had her picture taken with Kate.  She said she can now die happy.  Really?!?!?  She just idolizes Kate.  And is a lot like her.   Are they planning on showing the yard sale?  Looks like they were getting ready for it.

I give Cara and Maddie a pass but they're teenagers... teenagers likely hate EVERYTHING.  It's a fact of life.  Teenagers are moody... they are whiney... they think they are too cool for everything... When I was that young you probably couldn't have given me $100 to put on that outfit any day of the year, even more so in the summer.  And I don't think I was that much of a rebel child. 

• Love 9

This is what most bothers me about Kate Gosselin. She's one of those people who think saying they have OCD or a similar disease is cute. I absolutely hate people like that. OCD is not a joke. It can be absolutely debilitating for the person living with it, almost imprisoning them. It's not a cutesy little condition that gives off the impression that you're extremely neat and organized. A person who is afraid of germs wouldn't proudly admit to having a damned bird flying around and eating off her and her children's plates. Getting off my soapbox. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 11