Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think $40K per hour of episode would be the absolute maximum that Kate could command.  Bringing in double the ratings she was only getting $22.4K or so per half hour.  The internet guesses are almost always inflated.

The other piece that is difficult about seeing a gross dollar amount is we don't know the net dollar amount. So do payroll taxes come out of this? That depends on how the money is structured by contract. Then is there an agent or lawyers fee that needs to be paid? Are there some expenses either for personnel or pr that are required by contract? That 40K goes down fast.

Well, I won't be watching it and contributing to Khate's bottom line. The snark on this board will be enough for me! Yay board!

The fame whore needs to get a REAL job - nobody gives a flying rat's ass about her. 

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 5

Halloween special airing. Not even seven minutes in and i am ready to throw something at the t.v.

Of all the snarking i do. ..i reserve the real venom for this monster called Kate!

She was the beginning for me. Watching her fake persona that she can't or wont even try to be anymore. She knows everyone is on to who she really is but watch her..she doesn't care. And she smirks at the cameramen cus she knows she is still raking in dough by pimping

those poor kids out.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 3

The yard sale she's having is tomorrow at a church grove. It's not too far from me but it's my weekend to work. I probably would have checked it out for the heck of it. She was on a local radio station this morning getting the info out there for the sale. Apparently she did some remodeling on the house and lost storage space, so a yard sale is happening. Whatever!!  She's also not pricing anything, "make an offer", she says. I can't stand yard sales like that.

Kate Gosselin couldn't stop smiling Saturday as a crew filmed an episode of her "Kate Plus 8" series at a yard sale she hosted in Lower Heidelberg Township.

"I am looking forward to the show airing," Gosselin said during a break in the filming at the sale. "I love being here and seeing my old friends and meeting new friends. I love hosting yard sales. This is just such a great time."

During the sale, the crews from Figure 8 Films, based in Carrboro, N.C., were filming.

http://readingeagle.com/news/article/reality-tv-celebrity-kate-gosselin-holds-yard-sale-in-lower-heidelberg-township&template=mobileart

There isn't much I will give Kate G. credit for. I was against the phony baloney antics of j&k+8, and continued using-the-children-as-pay-checks- for k+8. 

The one thing that I do give her credit for was appearing on Dancing with The Stars. She wasn't using any of the kids, and was doing it alone, by herself. Perfect in my opinion! She wasn't a professional dancer with many years dancing on stage, nor was she a professional actress. I give her kudos for getting out there and giving it her best. .  Whether she was good bad or indifferent, it couldn't have been easy, but she did it, and didn't use the kids.

• Love 3

But, she didn't give her best on DWTS. She moaned and complained the entire time. She bashed her partner, Tony. She was a rude, entitled, self-centered bitch. In other words, she was her normal self. She is a horrible person.

• Love 19

But, she didn't give her best on DWTS. She moaned and complained the entire time. She bashed her partner, Tony. She was a rude, entitled, self-centered bitch. In other words, she was her normal self. She is a horrible person.

I loved the comment the judges on DWTS made one week - Said it looked like Tony was pulling a shopping cart along the floor. I had read a book about her that said the grocery store in her area began calling the shopping carts 'Kate Gosselin's' after that comment!

I cannot stand this woman and cannot figure out why TLC is still trying to keep her relevant.

• Love 9

Kate speaks:

"I feel really in my element taking on something like this," she said at a press event for the show in March, months before host Donald Trump's official announcement on Nov. 4. "Obviously it's hard to be away from my kids for an extended period, but they're good. They're very supportive."

"I'm really excited to sort of take on a competition that I have a chance of doing well at, versus others I've done." (Gosselin and her partner, Tony Dovolani, were eliminated from DWTS after just five weeks.)

The mom of eight went on to explain that her experience as the matriarch of a big (and now very famous) family was comparable to running her own company. "I have a business-running personality," she said. "I work for myself. I'm the secretary, the personal assistant, the president, the accountant...and I run my ship at home as efficiently as possible."

"I'm willing and excited to learn whatever I can," Gosselin noted, adding that she "admires" Trump's work ethic and family values.  "I am a strong personality, but I think what definitely will come out here is that I'm not a pot stirrer, I'm definitely not a drama-starter. Drama gets in the way of getting work done...And, you know, that's probably going to be surprising to a lot of people. Clearly there's a lot of drama in my life caused by others, but I'm in the business —instead of stirring it — of calming it down and putting on the lid."

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kate-gosselin-on-celeb-apprentice-im-a-strong-personality-2014411#ixzz3ICViBRjD

Kate doesn't start drama?? Excuse me I just rolled my eyeballs out of my skull. Who wants to bet me one rooster haircut that the first major "drama" on the show will be caused by Kate. At this point "drama" is the only way she gets in the media and she knows it.

I hope she gets fired first so she can go back to her mansion (it's hers, ALL HERS!) and leave the world alone.

• Love 2

I saw the rooster and she'll have competition if she wants to be the first with the drama.  Seems that's all Donald brought in this time.  I'm surprised he landed a second season.  The ratings on the last were abysmal.  When did they move to Lifetime?  I know it used to be network.  So I bet he's hoping she brings the ratings since that's why DWTS kept her so long.

• Love 1

"Drama gets in the way of getting work done...And, you know, that's probably going to be surprising to a lot of people. Clearly there's a lot of drama in my life caused by others, but I'm in the business —instead of stirring it — of calming it down and putting on the lid."

Ah yes, the narcissist speaks. It's never about her or her choices/actions, it's always everyone else.

At least the kids will get a break from her while she's filming. Here's hoping Gilbert Gottfried has a field day with her.

• Love 4

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Thanks for opening a Kate thread. Kate is a tv snarker's dream girl. I can't wait. 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 1

Well Dark, according to Robert Hoffman's book, family members say she was. And that she had a teen abortion.

That explains a lot. If it's true. It explains a lot of the way she acts. It reminds me of a person I knew who had a bad childhood.

I think Kate's new season will continue to draw in viewers, especially kids and teens. This time, not because they are cute, but because they are vile, immature kids who still hit, spit and tattle. It seems their is little discipline anymore in her house. I guess the kids have been questioned a time or 2 about abuse, the twins have likely seen it, and the boy whose face was held inches above the dog feces, surely he remembers. The boy who was locked outside for 15 minutes, without a coat, for failing to close the door tight, he remembers. I think these kids rule the roost and hold a lot over Kate's head. All they have to say is "I want to live with my dad" and know more Kate Plus 8.

I read Robert Hoffman's book. Kate is vile, manipulative, and in my opinion, a sociopath. She uses and abuses people and "allegedly" has BPD which she refuses to get treatment for. She is a real life Mommy Dearest. Basically, she dumped her first fiance because she found someone with more money. When that plan fizzled out, she decided she was going to marry a doctor. When that didn't work out, she settled for the next best thing: the son of a doctor (Jon).

She is a complete narcissist.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 3

Kate's latest ignorance in her last tweet, stating that because the kids are bored and distracted she would allow them to open 1 family gift per day till Christmas. This was a few days ago. Way to teach the meaning of Christmas Kate.

Kate's latest ignorance in her last tweet, stating that because the kids are bored and distracted she would allow them to open 1 family gift per day till Christmas. This was a few days ago. Way to teach the meaning of Christmas Kate.

Not sure why that is.  My parents (of 6 out of school kids) always did that.  They had one big activity gift every year and then smaller board game type things.  We also all dressed and went to midnight Mass.  So not sure why the staging of gift opening would somehow diminish the meaning.  

Hey I just looked it up and she never said the kids were bored and distracted.  She said they opened them to entertain and distract the kids.  Makes sense to me but then I was raised doing that.

• Love 7

Kate says it was hard being away from her kids while doing the Apprentice. I doubt it. She supposedly shared a hotel room with her boyfriend Steve the entire time, according to one of the other contestants.

• Love 1

Many parents do this

• Love 4

I was never a watcher of the original J&K+8 since I didn't have TLC for a long time. I've caught up with more than enough reruns and of course, already reading all the drama that went on during their divorce.

What the hell is it with her and her constant mugging for the camera? Narcissistic much, Kate? Every scene on the new commercial has a reaction face from her. It's overacting, immature and she looks ridiculous. 

And why does she look so different than her old K+8 Days? I'm sure she's had a nip and tuck, and the longer hair, but she looks real different. It's like her eyes look slanty like when you pull your ponytail too tight. 

Of course I'll be watching. 

• Love 1

Khate is about as cuddly as a chainsaw. I have only seen one or two moments of maternal displays of affection from Kate. The rest of the time she's a cold, hard bitch.

I read that her father was a reverend and that he was rather strict with Kate growing up. I have a feeling this is why she hates men. Also, she supposedly has Bipolar disorder which she refuses to get any treatment for (allegedly).

• Love 3