Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AntiBeeSpray

Misheard Lyrics (Mondegreens): There's A Bathroom On the Right

When she was five, my sister mistook the title and refrain of Chris De Burgh's "Lady in Red" as "Lady in Bread". It still cracks me up to this day!! 😂

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

This isn't a pop song, but in one of the liturgies we sang in church, there was a line that went "cast me not away from Thine presence". I thought it was PRESENTS, as in gifts. There's a little kid's mindset right there!! 😂

• Laugh 4

Rak-Su, a group that won The X-Factor a couple of years ago, has an EP of studio versions of songs they did on the show.  In one song, "I'm Feeling You," there is a line that apparently goes, "Who's that girl from the shisha spot?"  I could never decipher what the guy is saying, and wouldn't have known what "shisha" was anyway, if that's actually what he is saying.  I would always hear it as "Who's that girl from the she shed squad?"  And I don't think the State Farm commercials with Cheryl and her She Shed had even come out when I first heard the song!

• Laugh 2

On 9/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, Shannon L. said:

I can't be the only one who thought it as "Knights in White Satin".  Anyone? 

*raises hand*

The first few times I heard it, that was definitely what I thought it was. I figured it might have something to do with Lawrence of Arabia -- hey, I was in grade school, and I didn't know what those clothes were made of!

• Like 2

Instead of Pearl Necklace I heard "get the girl Netflix"🤣

House of Love by Amy Grant

What I heard: “When I met you, you didn’t have any money.”

Actual lyric: “Well I bet you any amount of money.”

• Like 1

After hearing "It Must Have Been Love" on the radio recently:

Actual lyric:: "From the moment we touched, 'till the time had run out"

What I thought they were saying when I was younger: "From the moment we touched, 'till the time paramount." 

4 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

House of Love by Amy Grant

What I heard: “When I met you, you didn’t have any money.”

Actual lyric: “Well I bet you any amount of money.”

I was a teen when the video for that song came out and I remember telling my Mom those two liked each other as more then just friends. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Stumbled across this forum tonight as I was looking for something to do for a while before bed, and even though the posts are from several years ago now can I just say how glad I am to see I am not the only one who thought Taylor Swift was singing about a line of Starbucks lovers? My teenaged daughter laughed at me so hard over that one! I remember arguing with her about how it really did make sense in my head (like she was quickly going through a fast food style line of no commitment lovers or something, I don't know) but she just thought I was old and crazy.

Oh and I totally always thought it was Dirty Deeds and the Thunderchiefs as a kid. I still won't sing dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap, because the Thunderchiefs is funnier. Heh.

We had a teacher in high school try to convince us the Eagles were singing about the warm smell of burritos rising up through the air.

• Laugh 2

I recently bought a song I knew from high school, "This House" by Tracie Spencer, which has a nice message about coming together to help people.  However, when she sings, "It's time for us to say goodbye / To all the homeless people's cry," I always hear the word "homeless" as "homely," even though I know that could not be what she is singing, and would not be very nice.  She clearly enunciates all the rest of the song, so this is weird.

In "If This Is It" by Huey Lewis & The News, there is a part where he clearly (now that I know) sings, "I wanna know-oh-oh!" but when I was a kid, I somehow heard this as "I'll find another love."

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1