Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E24: Cabin Fever

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Vermillion SD to Crofton NE is only 45 minutes away.

Sioux Falls SD to Crofton is an hour and 40 minutes away. Is that where she lives?

Randylious has his dental practice is Vermillion.

You're right - I think the beauty school was in Sioux Falls so I had forgotten that she was actually living in Vermillion. Although I don't know where the house she bought is, I'll bet it's close to Randylicious.

I love, love to read blind items.  :)  Just saw this one posted today.  Lately with the drama, I know who my first guess would be. 

65. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/05 **#1**

This Teen Mom is using her child support money to support the drug habit of herself and significant other. She has already run through her money from the show.

That could be Maci, Leah, or Kail. Janelle pays child support, doesn't receive it, but I suppose it could be a twist. It's not Farrah or Caitlynne. It could be Amber but I can't imagine Gary paying child support.

• Love 2

Chelsea's baby talk is enough to turn away any eligible single guy from her, especially in bumfuck bumdakota. My skin crawls every time she speaks.

When it comes to dating, Chelsea has a lot of annoying qualities which would turn a guy off pretty quickly. She plasters on way too much makeup, she's needy, she's clingy, she cusses too much and she has that constant whiny baby talk voice. If she ditched all of that, she could probably find a decent guy.

Regarding Germy and Cory, I'm going to need one of them to sport new facial hair or a new hat/sunglasses combo soon, because I swear to God when they're in the same scene I can barely tell them apart. They look like brothers.

• Love 2

I get that Barb should never say such a thing to Jace, i.e., that he can't live there anymore if he acts up, but it also should be pointed out that Kail said to Isaac, who sobbing heavily during his "meltdown" that if he didn't get into his car seat, she was going to leave him there. . I thought that was a pretty eff'd up thing to say.

After it became known that Chelsea was banging Adam while he was with Taylor and it was only a couple of months before the last reunion show I have-- and continue to believe-- that all this "Dating would take my attention away from Aubree" is a load of b.s. that's being said for the cameras. 

It's funny, I remember my Mom telling me this when I was a kid - that no matter what I did she was my Mom and she wouldn't abandon me. She nearly broke down in a store when some lady yelled at her kid and said the lady said "fine, let someone kidnap you, you won't live with me anymore."  I don't know the situation obviously but I still think that's a pretty awful thing to say to your kid (legal, biological, etc.).  It freaks me out that I can easily hear this coming out of Jenelle's mouth, or Barbara's. And now, Kail's too.  I know not everyone will agree but I think it's pretty wrong to tell your kid you're going to kick them out or leave them somewhere (at age 4 anyway... at age 18 maybe).

Poor kids.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 2

Leah took to Twitter to defend herself – and to suck up to viewers!

“As I’m reading through my twitter feed I can’t but wonder what goes through some of you alls mind,” bemoaned Leah. “First off, the horse was given to the girls and for Ali to use for therapeutic riding from her grandparents. Second, the money I spend – or spent – wasn’t only on make-up. You guys do seem to forget that this is reality TV and many things are edited to fit timing, etc. So you guys really should take a step back to THINK before being so judgmental.”

it continues...

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/09/05/teen-mom-2s-leah-calvert-shows-new-horse-calls-judgmental-viewers/

I refuse to believe Leah wrote that, because "judgmental" was spelled correctly.

• Love 6

My mom told me I was a selfish little shit who no one could stand when I was 17.  That happened 31 years ago and I still remember.  I get that Barb is overwhelmed and frustrated, but I'm willing to bet that's one thing Jace will never forget she said.  Poor Jace...he has no one.  I hope at least he and his cousin are buddies.

• Love 1

That could be Maci, Leah, or Kail. Janelle pays child support, doesn't receive it, but I suppose it could be a twist. It's not Farrah or Caitlynne. It could be Amber but I can't imagine Gary paying child support.

I read before that Jo doesn't pay child support. I think it was narrowed down to Maci and Leah. Anyway, just a fun guilty pleasure for me.  Here's a a link.  http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2014/09/blind-item-1_5.html

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 2

My mother would often kick me out of the house and tell me that I had nowhere to live anymore. I was Jace's age, 4,5,6,7. She loved to see me sob outside and beg to be let in. When I was 7 I got savvy enough one day to leave and not return until well after dark. "Where have you been??" "You told me I didn't live here any more." She didn't kick me out after that but then would dramatically abandon us and say she wasn't coming back because I was too bad. I'm middle aged and STILL remember. You don't forget that abandonment stuff. Poor Jace. Janelle makes some valid points. If only anyone in that family could talk without screaming.

• Love 3

I can only hope that if Barb watches the series, she sees what she is doing & takes steps to change her parenting style, but I don't think she will.

I weep for Jace.

I agree. I think Barb is too old and set in her ways at this point. She yells and screams even when the situation doesn't call for it. When Jenelle and Nathan look like the calm, rational ones, you know shit is seriously messed up.

Mkay, Jo doesn't pay child support?! That's a new one for me. Do you have any details?

• Love 1

I think it was mentioned earlier, but Leah is so dense to not realize that Corey IS helping to pay for medical costs, with his health insurance premium that is being deducted from his paycheck. .

It seems like this arrangement does not make much sense unless Corey's insurance is much better for Ali. If Germy has family coverage already (to include Baby Cheetos and Leah), he could probably cover his step-daughters with no increase in premium. Corey could have a policy with only him (assuming his wife has her own) and it would be less money every month out of his check that they could use to pay for Ali's substantial medical bills. Family coverage through my job is like $1500/mo so a huge thing to pay. (Do not know what any of them pay but I am sure Leah discounts Corey's financial contributions, anyway.) He should ask for 50/50 custody and then each pay their own way. I cannot explain how pissed my husband would be if I wanted complete control over the healthcare of our kids. Whoa! He would fight me that more than the money.

Call me a cynic but I am starting to think Kail is working overtime to put up a good front. She is Mother of the Year in this latest episode. But last week Isaac was telling her mother how Javi is gone and having fun and not missing them. I think he certainly got that from his mother's complaining, perhaps when no cameras were around. That is not what you share with a four year old! She could have matured but a leopard does not change his spots. At least not that quickly. And I think Isaac's behavior lately is pretty odd. (Disclaimer: I understand we see only a small bit of his life.) He just really seems out of sorts. I think her choices with the move, mostly, are coming home to roost. I also think it is ridiculous to not stop nursing while dealing with an older kid's tantrum. Good Lord...the baby can wait five minutes to eat instead of dragging him around on your boob all of the time. (And, yes. I nursed three kids but I feel like I have seen more of Kail's tits than I have of my own! She just seems to have a martyr complex to me and she nurses that, pun intended.)

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 5

Let me clear the air. Yes, Jo Rivera pays child support. As a matter of fact, Kailyn posted info a year ago about Jo being behind on child support. So, if he is not paying child support, why would Kail post he is behind on something that he is not paying? As for him being behind, I looked into that further and apparently there was a change and by the time HR got to it, it made it seem Jo was behind when in reality, the change made to take money out of his checks was the issue. Of course, Kail didn't bother to update anyone about that little matter. Kailyn made it seem he was doling money out to her personally, when that is not the case. In the future, just like Leah and Jenelle, anything that comes out of Kail's mouth, I take with a grain of salt. Those three are notorious for stretching the truth to fit their needs.

As for the comment made by someone here about the judge in Kail and Jo's case, should not have allowed the three hour drive to even occur. Why is it that something that came before the court BECAUSE OF KAIL'S CHOICE, the judge is being held accountable for allowing that to proceed? Afterall, Kail wanted that three hour drive when she decided to move to Delaware. It wasn't Jo who was moving. Kail was hoping to keep Jo away from Isaac anyway she could. I think in her teeny weenie brain, she thought the order the judge would impose would be that Jo only gets Isaac a few days out of the month, and any three hour driving would be on Jo's shoulders. Ha! Kail got kicked in the ass when Jo decided to stand his ground and push for more time with his son and for the driving to be shared by both parents. Sorry Kail, that is what happens when you make choices without thinking them through. Eat shit!

Kail punishing Isaac for his behavior after he told her he wanted to be picked up because, according to her own words, 4 year olds are too big to be held and picked up. What world does she live in? I picked up and held my kids until my back could no longer do it. Sometimes children want to be picked up because they are tired. They also want to be picked up because it is soothing to them, especially if they have had a bad moment or a bad day. I felt so bad for Isaac because he received a punishment for wanting to be carried to the car and carrying that attitude home where she became irritated at him.  Hey Kail, I have news for you. If you had just picked up Isaac and carried him to the car, he most likely would have stopped the crying right then and there. Even a minute or two of soothing him might have made the car ride better for him and for yourself.  Now, Isaac will have it in is head that he will no longer be held or picked up, something that comes naturally to a child that age. He sees his baby brother being held all the time. I am sure Jo holds him and picks him up. I bet even Vee does that for Isaac. But to hear that coming from his own mother, what a terrible message he is being given - young boys should not be held in someone's arms and if they do, that is wrong and they deserve a punishment. Boy, I wish Kail could hear how she sounds. What about those times she has her breakdowns? A person her age should not be having fits of anger, rage or even crying! She should be sent to her room!! My god, what a way to shut down her child's feelings. Cold bitch.

As for Leah, watching the scene again where she mentions the $200 child support. She mentions there was a court-order for Cory to pay $800 a month. What ended up happening, according to Leah herself, she approached Cory about navigating around that court order by having Cory pay only $200 a month and he would cover the rest of the medical, which I gather is around 60% of what remains to be paid out of pocket by Leah and Cory after the insurance pays the other 40%. In other words, Cory pays $200 and 60% of the medical costs whereas before it was $800 a month child support and he paid 30% of the medical. That is what I got out of the conversation. If I am wrong, I don't mind being corrected.

In the future Cory, do not do anything on the side when Leah asks you without getting it in WRITING! It appears Leah is now turning it around and making it look like Cory is not keeping up with this "under the table" agreement. I bet Cory told Leah he may be late with payments and such since he too bought a house, just like Leah, and he too has bills to pay, just like Leah, and she agreed to it.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

GreatKazu, the last paragraph in your comment makes it seem even more strange that Cory fussed over having to go back to court with Leah. Hell, given Leah's shadiness I'd WANT to go through the system and get everything set in stone. I know Cory feels like he's getting screwed, but he'll be even worse off if he keeps doing these side deals with Leah.

I said it upthread and I'll say it again, but they really need to get on a payment plan with regards to Ali's bills. As long as their account is in good standing they can't be sent to collections, so there's no reason for anything to go unpaid. Work out a monthly payment that won't break the bank and if it takes ten years to pay off, so be it. 

I said it upthread and I'll say it again, but they really need to get on a payment plan with regards to Ali's bills. As long as their account is in good standing they can't be sent to collections, so there's no reason for anything to go unpaid. Work out a monthly payment that won't break the bank and if it takes ten years to pay off, so be it.

I think that's a really risky plan. Ali's medical expenses will likely increase, not decrease. It isn't over with a diagnosis. It also relies on Cory's and Leah's ability to make 10 years of payments. They haven't proven they can make 1 year. I think it makes more sense to pay off the debt even if it means downgrading houses or cars. I think it also makes sense to start planning for Ali's expenses. Leah and Cory need to designate a monthly dollar amount and set it aside.

They won't though because the idea may not occur to them and I believe Leah needs the emotional ammo of managing Ali's care.

Let me clear the air. Yes, Jo Rivera pays child support. As a matter of fact, Kailyn posted info a year ago about Jo being behind on child support. So, if he is not paying child support, why would Kail post he is behind on something that he is not paying? As for him being behind, I looked into that further and apparently there was a change and by the time HR got to it, it made it seem Jo was behind when in reality, the change made to take money out of his checks was the issue. Of course, Kail didn't bother to update anyone about that little matter. Kailyn made it seem he was doling money out to her personally, when that is not the case. In the future, just like Leah and Jenelle, anything that comes out of Kail's mouth, I take with a grain of salt. Those three are notorious for stretching the truth to fit their needs.

That.  That is probably where I could have gotten it from. 

I just saw this episode and am just horrified at Barb's relationship with Jace. I believe she stated how worried she was about him in three separate scenes and yet her reaction to his behavior was to scream AND say that he was bipolar! I know children can be challenging and sometimes hard for 50 something year olds to handle (Barb and me) but Barb is a screaming me me that is hurting this child beyond belief. Jeez, between Janelle and Barb, I really have no idea where Jace should be. I just hope that he gets the help to cope with his messed up childhood. I used to love Barb!

When it comes to dating, Chelsea has a lot of annoying qualities which would turn a guy off pretty quickly. She plasters on way too much makeup, she's needy, she's clingy, she cusses too much and she has that constant whiny baby talk voice. If she ditched all of that, she could probably find a decent guy.

Regarding Germy and Cory, I'm going to need one of them to sport new facial hair or a new hat/sunglasses combo soon, because I swear to God when they're in the same scene I can barely tell them apart. They look like brothers.

Oy, the first time they showed Germy, I thought it was Cory and the descriptor on the screen was wrong...

Then I figured he had to be a cousin or some relation to Cory because of the striking resemblance.

I still have to look twice sometimes at my screen to figure out if it's Cory or Germy.  

But then again, I think Miranda and Leah have a few similarities as well.  Well, except for the fact that Miranda apparently has functional brain cells that Leah is missing.  

ETA:  Does anyone know where I can stock up on ear bleach?  I may never, ever, EVER get the sound of Chelsea doing that godforsaken baby voice talking about her "pretty kitty" out of my head.  I think my jaw hit the floor when she came up with that one.  Already going to hell, so I'll admit that whenever she turns on the Donald Duck voice, I just want to bitch-slap the back of her horribly coiffed head.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Persnickety1, isn't it weird how much resemblance between cast members there is on this show?!

Jeremy and Cory look like brothers. Miranda is a better looking version of Leah. Jo and Javi look like they could be half brothers or cousins. I even thought Chelsea and Taylor looked quite a bit alike when they both sported that burgundy, purplish hair color. It feels like the freaking twilight zone sometimes.

• Love 3

Persnickety1, isn't it weird how much resemblance between cast members there is on this show?!

Jeremy and Cory look like brothers. Miranda is a better looking version of Leah. Jo and Javi look like they could be half brothers or cousins. I even thought Chelsea and Taylor looked quite a bit alike when they both sported that burgundy, purplish hair color. It feels like the freaking twilight zone sometimes.

Amen to that!

When Jo took Isaac for his haircut last season, I thought everyone in there was a relative of Jo's because the resemblance between all of the men in there was so strong.

I always thought of Germy as Cory 2.0.  I know by human nature we have a "type" that we're normally drawn to, but damn, Leah got herself almost a Cory doppleganger in Germy.

And did you notice how even in the original Teen Mom that the girl Gary met at Walmart and was dating was almost a dead ringer for Amber?

Crazytown...

IMO, just like millions of other non-custodial fathers who pay child support to their ex partner, spouse, etc., Corey has an attitude of wanting to be in total control of how his support money is spent, and of how his insurance handled the wheelchair claim. It does not matter in most states, nor is it fair, for the step-parent's income to be used to decide the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent must pay. Most often, it is the custodial parent who is with the child at least 90 percent of the time and who knows what the child needs on a day-to-day basis. The non-custodial parent has to help pay for those needs, but he/she does not get to decide what those needs are. He did not want Ali to have that, or any, wheelchair, because he is too dumb and ignorant that he refuses to listen to her doctors that the wheelchair will save her muscle strength and allow her to have energy when that energy is needed, during play, school, etc. Tiring her muscles out by forcing her to walk to the playground or by walking in the hallways of her school is totally cruel, unnecessary, and borders on child neglect. He is neglecting her need for her wheelchair, or has been up to the present day, because apparently Ali finally got her pink wheelchair, geared for her specifically. Yea, Ali!

Sorry if this is a double post. IMO, just like millions of other non-custodial fathers who pay child support to their ex partner, spouse, etc., Corey has an attitude of wanting to be in total control of how his support money is spent, and of how his insurance handled the wheelchair claim. It does not matter in most states, nor is it fair, for the step-parent's income to be used to decide the amount of child support that the non-custodial parent must pay. Most often, it is the custodial parent who is with the child at least 90 percent of the time and who knows what the child needs on a day-to-day basis. The non-custodial parent has to help pay for those needs, but he/she does not get to decide what those needs are. He did not want Ali to have that, or any, wheelchair, because he is too dumb and ignorant that he refuses to listen to her doctors that the wheelchair will save her muscle strength and allow her to have energy when that energy is needed, during play, school, etc. Tiring her muscles out by forcing her to walk to the playground or by walking in the hallways of her school is totally cruel, unnecessary, and borders on child neglect. He is neglecting her need for her wheelchair, or has been up to the present day, because apparently Ali finally got her pink wheelchair, geared for her specifically. Yea, Ali!

• Love 1
Corey has an attitude of wanting to be in total control of how his support money is spent

Really? According to a poster above, Leah admitted on the last episode that she and Cory agreed to NOT follow the court order and he would only pay her $200 a month in child support while he pays a certain portion of the medical costs. How does that make Cory wanting to control the child support? Reads to me that Leah is the manipulative and controlling one.

As far as attitudes, it appears Leah is the one with an attitude that she has money coming out of her asshole non-stop as if she has a bad case of the Hershey squirts. She is spending money left and right while complaining about not having money for their needs such as paying the taxes for her Teen Mom earnings and Jeremy's earnings. Jeremy stated they have yet to pay anything on the taxes that they owe. I don't see Cory trying to control how the support money is spent, but rather, how Leah has again turned on him after they made an agreement. I don't see Cory sporting designer purses. It's not Cory who is spending thousands of dollars on useless cosmetics that are now sitting there not being sold. It's not Miranda complaining to Cory about his spending habits.

Jenelle's speech to her mom had some decent points, but there were comments she made that were eye-rolling. She stated Jace never yells or misbehaves when he is with her at her home. First of all, how often is he even at her home? Two days a month? Not enough time for her to declare such a statement. Second, there is a reason why Jace doesn't act up at Jenelle's house for the little bit of time he is there and that reason is called Nathan. I have no doubt that Nathan instills fear into that little boy. Nathan gives me the heebie-jeebies and I on the other side of the country. I don't trust Nathan. I am sure he is mean to that little boy.  Jace knows better than to misbehave at Jenelle's house.  Jace knows he can act out at grandma's house because she doesn't fall through with any consequences or punishment, at least when the cameras are around.  Grandma will yell at him and he just tunes her out.  Third, Jenelle acted all surprised when Jace was yelling. She asked him why was he yelling. Hmmm, let me answer that question you dumb twat. He hears you, Barbara and [insert the name of any partner of Jenelle's]  yell at each other all the time. Why the shock that he is doing what all the adults in his life are doing in his presence? The little time he is at Jenelle's, that is probably all that he hears.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5

Finally got a chance to watch- stupid job! Anyway, color me confused about Cory and the child support, he always seems like he would pay up any reasonable amount. Question, when the support amount is fixed, does the amount of money Leah makes figure into any equation? I dpn't think so, but if I were Cory's lawyer, I'd sure investigate all that.  Her Teen Mom money is not a tiny amount for a woman her age with no education or skills. Am hoping this is just mnaufactured drama and Cory is doing the right thing.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1
He did not want Ali to have that, or any, wheelchair, because he is too dumb and ignorant that he refuses to listen to her doctors that the wheelchair will save her muscle strength and allow her to have energy when that energy is needed, during play, school, etc.

I don't think that Cory didn't want her to have the chair at all. I think he was just concerned she would become too dependent on it. I do think there is a bit of denial going on with Cory, but I don't think he would ever completely deny his child something that she needed. 

• Love 5

It seems like Germy and Leah have made it their mission this season to paint Cory as the bad guy. To be fair to Leah, if they did have an agreement regarding the medical bills and Cory wasn't paying them, then that's not okay. It's just so hard to get the real facts because a) Leah can't speak proper English and you can't decipher her communications and b) she's determined to come out smelling like a rose in all of this. 

Is Adam the only piece of tail in their small town?  I don't get how he keeps finding girls to sleep with him.  He is a douche.  

Right? If a guy approached me and told me he had two children under five with two different women, I'd run for the hills. Not only that, the guy looks like a walking STD.

• Love 3

Don't forget his arrest record. 

And does he even have a job?

Actually, all I'd need was to see that clip from the beginning (can't remember if it was Teen Mom or her 16 &Pregnant episode) when he texted her that he wanted to sign over "that mistake" and called Chelsea a "fat, stretch mark bitch". DONE. I would never even give him the time of day. 

• Love 3

Cory's probably just tired of seeing Leah spending the money he sends on makeup. Look, I'm usually the first to criticize a guy who complains about child support. But I don't know what to believe in this case. Leah has a well-documented habit of rewriting history. Remember how she and Cory divorced because he bought a truck?

• Love 4

Is Adam the only piece of tail in their small town?  I don't get how he keeps finding girls to sleep with him.  He is a douche.  

Never underestimate the power of the teevee.  Judging by the number of minions, I mean "fans", that all of the girls have, there are a disturbing number of people who think if someone's on teevee they are better somehow, and desirable.  I've seen people do any number of ridiculous things whenever someone points a camera at them.  These women and girls who date Adam probably are hoping to be featured on an episode so they can show off to their friends.

Is Adam the only piece of tail in their small town?

I am surprised Jenelle and Adam didn't hook up. Imagine the STDs between those two?

I would never even give him the time of day.

That's because you, me, and everyone else here sees him for what he is and we have self-worth. Too many girls end up with crazy assholes like Adam because they fall for his shit, which probably consists of a lot of sweet-talking bullshit, anything to get into some girl's pants. As for his stripper girlfriend, I think if he didn't have MTV money, she wouldn't bother with him. She might be just on the prowl for her 15 minutes of shame as well as anything she can get from Adam's wallet. He must have really made it rain when he saw her stripping. Never underestimate a stripper.

• Love 1

Cory's probably just tired of seeing Leah spending the money he sends on makeup. Look, I'm usually the first to criticize a guy who complains about child support. But I don't know what to believe in this case. Leah has a well-documented habit of rewriting history. Remember how she and Cory divorced because he bought a truck?

And I will always have nothing but the utmost respect for Cory as a gentleman for not correcting that line of shit while the cameras were rolling.  

In his shoes, I know I could not possibly have bitten my tongue hard enough to stop me from calling her out on the real reason being her cheating with the infamous Robbie.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

Leah had the gall, and managed to keep a straight face, as she mentioned Cory buying a truck in the last episode while she has sported how many new cars and SUVs? I believe Cory once mentioned he needs a truck for work, what excuse does Leah have for sporting a handful of new vehicles.

I decided to check Leah's Twitter. Seems she spends a lot of time defending, deflecting and trying to manipulate her haters. Trying to tell people she hasn't had her nails done in months in response to someone pointing out her manicures, what we see is just a small part of her life, but I didn't see any response to why she spent so much on Mary Kay or why she sports designer purses. If she did, I missed it. Reading her tweets gave me a headache, and I couldn't tolerate it much. I did learn, according to her, she suffers from bad allergies when asked about her stuffy nose.

Why does Leah think every time Cory gets a raise (how does she know?), she is entitled to more child support? One thing that hasn't' been mentioned is, Leah's attorney fees. Every single time she calls her attorney, every time she wants something filed, that costs $$$$. Those fees alone must be in the five figures. Each time Cory gets a raise, she is going to file? That's outrageous.

And who the fuck is Jeremy telling the viewers that he knows girls who receive at least "a grand every month" in child support? What the hell was that mess about? Just wait until Leah takes him to court when they are no longer a couple. There are varying reasons why one gets the amount of child support that they do. It depends on the amount of time each parent has their child, whether health insurance is available or not, and other factors. As for his comment that he knows his insurance will pay for the wheelchair, then what are they waiting for? If Jeremy is that certain (which I doubt), why wait for Cory's insurance company to give an answer? Jeremy needs an ass-kicking.

Cory has been nothing but the best dad to his girls and he did his best with that piece of shit Leah while she was his wife. Too bad she looks like a possum and she has now dug herself a deeper problem by taking on a horse and a bigger home. Not being able to afford or pay their property taxes, horse feed costs and vet bills will be the gripes on next season.

• Love 2

And who the fuck is Jeremy telling the viewers that he knows girls who receive at least "a grand every month" in child support? What the hell was that mess about? Just wait until Leah takes him to court when they are no longer a couple. There are varying reasons why one gets the amount of child support that they do. It depends on the amount of time each parent has their child, whether health insurance is available or not, and other factors. As for his comment that he knows his insurance will pay for the wheelchair, then what are they waiting for? If Jeremy is that certain (which I doubt), why wait for Cory's insurance company to give an answer? Jeremy needs an ass-kicking.

Don't worry Germy, your time will come....

• Love 4

Cory shares custody with Leah. Child support is also based on the time each parent has their children, not just income. Just in case it has been forgotten, Leah gets money from MTV and other sources too. It goes both ways, but I don't see Cory taking her ass to court to lower his support because she has made money off magazine interviews and such. Just because Leah is the primary custodial parent, that doesn't give her leeway to pulling on Cory's wallet any time she finds herself in a financial rut brought on by her stupid choices.

As for running to the lawyer for every little thing, a raise doesn't seem to warrant Leah running to the lawyer's office who will then file documents with the court to ask for a slight increase in child support. All that money to the lawyer negates the little that Leah would eventually receive. If Leah were to get an additional $75.00 a month, but has to pay the lawyer $1500.00 for the services rendered, it seems pointless.

Besides, how can Leah slam Cory for not paying enough when she admitted letting him only pay $200.00 a month support?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I think Leah's gripe was she let him pay only $200 because they mutually agreed he'd put the remaining $600 towards Ali's medical debt.    According to her he wasn't paying down the bills, hence the return trip to court. Whether Cory not paying is fact or fiction, who knows. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Leah has to be pulling in at least 100k between tv money and interviews, so I don't understand how they're in so much financial trouble, even factoring in Ali's medical costs.

Edited by BitterApple

100k isn't a lot of money, especially when you factor in taxes (which they apparently don't bother to pay) bills, and Leah's spending habits; dropping $3200 here 2k there adds up quick, 100k isn't going to go far. I don't know what the truth is, but it seems awfully suspect that she's doing this on the heels of Jeremy jumping her ass over her own spending habits. She's certainly come down a few pegs since the days she was running around telling everyone how rich she was because Jeremy made 40 kajillion billion dollars.

I also can't help but notice that Leah appears to have an issue with Cory and trucks; first one broke up her marriage, now another one is sending her to the poor house. That Cory, he's just one evil, truck-buying SOB.

• Love 2

The problem is that the $100k doesn't have taxes taken out.  At that rate, she'll need to pay about $30k in taxes.  With 100k in the bank, according to Germy, she's not paying estimated taxes because she's spending it so fast.  I assume they are paying it in lump sum come April.  She's making a lot less too since she told Germy she wanted him to get a job close to home, so that factors into more money being spent, because obviously she didn't tone down the spending when Germy took a pay cut.

Good point about Jeremy making less money. I still think that whole issue was about keeping Jeremy close to home after that whole stripper matter.

$100k would be a lot of money for me - if I didn't touch it and let it sit in the bank or I invested it and hoped to make more. Tax time is one big issue with these girls. Both Kailyn and Jenelle have had articles written about their tax problems, with Jenelle and Kail both acknowledging it either by mentioning it on an episode or responding to it by way of an interview - which they love to give because it gives them more money in their pocket.

From what Jeremy pointed out, their taxes were way behind. I assume they made arrangements to pay, and that day came and went without a payment going to the IRS. Jeremy is not blameless. He should take the reigns and have a third account where they put their money for medical bills, taxes and other bills that must be paid. Neither one is to touch that money for anything but for those reasons. 

Edit: Here is what Jeremy said word to word to Leah:

http://www.wetpaint.com/teen-mom-2/articles/2014-07-31-leah-messer-jeremy-calvert-control-life-video

"How about taxes? How about let’s pay off s—t that we've been saying we're gonna pay off for a year now and have yet to do. We've went through hundreds of thousands of dollars in a year."

Leah also bought her younger sister a new car back in 2012:

http://www.wetpaint.com/teen-mom/articles/2013-09-10-leah-messer-buys-crazy-extravagant

That same year, Leah bought a new SUV for herself:

http://teenmomtalk.com/leah-messer-gets-a-new-family-car/

How many seasons have gone by with these girls getting paid huge sums? At least four. 16 & Pregnant and the first season of TM are apparently not about the big paychecks.  It isn't as if having to pay a huge sum to taxes is something new to Leah. She's been to the rodeo before with this tax matter.  What I think she thought was, with Jeremy riding the money train, he'd be her financial back-up, along with Cory, while her spending habits have not been curbed. In fact, it has gotten worse. Now, they have a huge, new home on a farm. I don't get it. Usually when one has financial issues, you downsize, not upgrade. If Jeremy thinks he had problems before, just wait. I will sit here and laugh my ass off about it.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1
I'll wait to see how it plays out on the show

As if the show will tell us everything. You know how it is, just like the Kardashian threads. lol...more information comes from stories that are linked on the K threads. It also provides a lot to chat about while giving more insight to what is really going on.

Oh, how I wish all the stuff we find out from others here, would be mentioned on the show. Barbara is the one who has come closest to spilling the beans about the MTV money train. Give her some wine and I bet she'd spill it all. Thanks to those who do post links here.

Edited by GreatKazu

Thanks for the links, SPLAIN.

My point about Leah's income is that if she lived within her means and had a reasonable budget, there's no reason for her to be having problems. She lives in West Virginia, for Christ sake, not Manhattan or San Francisco or SoCal. Does MTV not advise these girls to hire accountants and financial planners when they sign their contracts? Although, I think Leah is just flat out dumb. No matter what advice she's given she'd probably blow all her money anyways.

• Love 2

My point about Leah's income is that if she lived within her means and had a reasonable budget, there's no reason for her to be having problems.

Anyone who makes it to not even 22 years old with two marriages and three kids under her belt can't really be trusted to have good judgement or impulse control. She cheated on her first fiance at her own bachelorette party. The best we can hope for is that Leah will eventually turn infertile before she can pop out a 4th kid and a 3rd marriage.

• Love 4
Quoted post was removed. 

Kellylee and Bitter Apple - you both are on the mark about Leah. Bitter Apple, yes, considering where Leah lives, the amount of money she has earned could have certainly lasted her a lot longer than someone who lives in a big city or an expensive area. That money could have stretched her a lot farther. Of course, there is Ali and her needs, but still, you make a great point. I wonder what Leah would have done had MTV not picked her for this show? How bad would her "struggle" really be? I agree, there should be no problems if she learned how to budget and lived within her means.

Kellylee, you also make a great point. Leah has made many impulsive choices in life. Unless she is willing to sit down and be advised her spending and how to budget, nothing will change. Leah has made one bad choice after another. When Jeremy began that argument with her about their finances, she threw out there how he is "trying to control" her. The girl doesn't want to acknowledge her part in all of this.

Edited by Mya Stone
Deleted post removed.
  • Love 1

Wow. Is that directed at me? Rather than post my opinion, I like to back it up with facts. Waste time? Certainly the same could be said about watching this show or any other show along with posting on various threads.

So sorry, SPLAIN - my comment wasn't directed at you at all. I do feel guilty even watching this show at all, so that's all I meant. Certainly the discussions here are the best part, and your contributions are great. Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 2

No need to apologize. I apologize for the assumption on my part. Sometimes comments on boards come off one way, but are not meant to be that way at all. It is hard to know sometimes. It's all good. Appreciate the thought and do appreciate the comments here. Thanks.

• Love 1