Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E24: Cabin Fever

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Of course, "profits" from Mary Kay sales are negligible.  After she pays the credit card bill for the product she had to buy to have inventory, any advertising expenses, free samples for party hostesses, shipping charges, etc., she won't have much left.  The real money in Mary Kay is made by convincing your customers to become your competition, i.e., get them on board to sell Mary Kay as well.  I'm not sure if she has enough minions (I mean, fans) on Twitter who will fall all over themselves to buy from her so they can feel connected to her.  She may.

My question is, if money is tight on both sides, why not work out a payment arrangement with the hospital where both Leah and Cory pay a couple hundred per month towards the bill? It will take them forever to pay it off but it would make things more manageable.

Because then both sides couldn't use it as a wedge or bargaining chip.

• Love 1

What I have noticed is not a single person in this thread has referred to what Chelsea's having lasered as her vagina.  Lady bits, twat, kitty, pubic area--all are accurate.  "Vagina" is not unless she's got some sort of very unusual hair situation.  Attention people everywhere but here:  one's vagina is on the inside.  It's not what gets exposed when someone isn't wearing pnaties, and it's not what gets waxed, shaved or lasered.  Yes, it's just wonderful that in this day and time, you can use that word in public.  Is it too much to ask that it be used correctly?  Drives me insane.

As does watching Jenelle, of all people, make valid points about Barbara's parenting.  Barbara has pissed me off since day one, when she took over Jace's care.  it was obvious the that she was a shitty parent.  You could see the results in Jenelle, but that could always be some sort of nature, not nurture, thing.  But the first time she said, "I'm not raising no baybeee at my age" and then proceeded to do just that, it became clear that her m.o. is to constantly threaten and never follow through.  It made Jenelle's behavior much more understandable.

Which means maybe there's hope for Jace.  With any luck, he's already figured out Barbara, so when she says he can't live there any more if he doesn't behave, he'll just think, "Blah blah blah" and ignore her.  Just like Jenelle.  Actually, it's about the best outcome we could hope for.

Chelsea is going to feel awfully stupid in 10 years when the prepubescent look is no longer the trend and she can't grow it out. 

It's clear that Barbara's doesn't make the best decisions, but you can't always blame the mother for how teens and grown children act / turn out.  There are clearly some mental health issues with Jenelle.  A lot of people had mothers who yelled way too much and they didn't turn out like that.  There are young adults who are addicted to drugs and have mental illness who came from the best families around. 

Poor Jace though.  He clearly loves Barbara.  I don't think he ever gets any praise from Barbara or Jenelle.  They need a professional to come in and help.  Barbara could improve with some counseling to help her in what to do when Jace is acting out.  Also some respite would be nice that doesn't involve getting a call at 3 am with screaming in the background.

• Love 5

It's hard to know who is right or wrong in the Cory/ Leah debacle as I'm not even sure what the heck they're talking about half the time. From what I could gather, Leah overspends and wants more of Cory's money which seems wrong. Cory thinks that if he does what the insurance tells him to do, they'll help him. That isn't the way insurance works, but he doesn't know that and won't listen.

I have felt for awhile that Kail isn't that warm with Isaac and this episode really showed that. I think we saw all there was to see of what happened with Isaac because when she retold the story she told it as we saw it. She didn't have to carry him but would it kill her to give that kid a hug? She doesn't even know she should do that because her mom was such a mess.

Wow, the Jace situation becomes bleaker with each episode. Barb yelling and threatening abandonment was emotionally abusive. That kid really doesn't have much of a chance in life. I have a nephew that was born into similar circumstances in that he was unwanted and neglected. As an adult he is homeless and has a host of emotional problems. He acted a lot like Jace at that age.

Most of the teen moms and dads (except Chelsea and Jo) don't have enough life experience or the right life experiences to be dealing with these issues which I guess is what the show is about at it's core.

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 1

I get the impression Leah spent/spends a bunch of her & Jeremy's money, then she and Jeremy fight about it, so she deflects and blames Corey and tries to get more money out of him.

I'm not shocked that Jace treats Barb with such disrespect - I mean, he's only ever seen his mom & her boyfriends treat her with nothing but disrespect, take her for granted, scream at her, and storm out of the house. He's just modeling his behavior after that- he's seen his mom and others treat Barb with disrespect his whole life. I did really feel awful for him when Barb told him he may have to go live somewhere else. Not cool, Barb.

Jenelle with her whole "after we have Kaiser I want Jace back" spiel at the salon.....um, maybe you should have worked on getting custody of the child that you already had first instead of having another. I wish Barb would just call Jenelle's bluff on the whole wanting Jace to live with her BS. Next time she goes on about wanting Jace back, I want Barb to just say okay and start packing all of his stuff. I'd love to see Jenelle's reaction.

• Love 7

I read somewhere (trying to find it again) that the horse for Ali was a gift (from one of the girls' sets of grandparents I think?). Makes me wonder if the gift-givers are also taking care of the horse?

Jenelle with her whole "after we have Kaiser I want Jace back" spiel at the salon.....um, maybe you should have worked on getting custody of the child that you already had first instead of having another. I wish Barb would just call Jenelle's bluff on the whole wanting Jace to live with her BS. Next time she goes on about wanting Jace back, I want Barb to just say okay and start packing all of his stuff. I'd love to see Jenelle's reaction.

Very well put. I'd love to see that too.

• Love 1

Instead of exploiting Barb and Jenelle it seems like MTV could arrange counseling for them. Producers, writers and tech people can see how the child is suffering. 

I completely agree, but I take it a step further- I feel that I am complicit in child abuse by choosing to watch how this child has been traumatized since birth on this show. I continue to watch it, but I think MTV is highly unethical by continuing to film this family situation, when there is such a young child involved.

• Love 3

I completely agree, but I take it a step further- I feel that I am complicit in child abuse by choosing to watch how this child has been traumatized since birth on this show. I continue to watch it, but I think MTV is highly unethical by continuing to film this family situation, when there is such a young child involved.

I feel that way sometimes too.  I feel almost guilty watching those segments.  Sadly, I think Jace would be even worse off without the MTV publicity and money, though.

• Love 1

Not only was Chelsea using that ridiculous baby voice the whole episode, but when she was out on the dock she announced that she needed a man with "big abs and muscles." Because that's a real man. By this definition, Nathan is a real man. Heaven help us all.

A lot of people had mothers who yelled way too much and they didn't turn out like that.

True. But at this point I think it goes beyond yelling. When you threaten a 4-year-old that you're going to turn them out if they don't behave, that's abusive, IMO. What happened to unconditional love? I get that Barb is exhausted and overwhelmed, but ultimately she chose this. She could have put Jace up for adoption. If you choose to be a parent, you need to do whatever you have to in order to give that child a healthy, happy, stable life. And Barb does none of that. She has constantly allowed Jenelle in and out of his life, fights like a crazed lunatic in front of him, and now we see that the poor kid lives with threats hanging over his head. What a horrible self esteem that kid is going to have. And I don't imagine this is all new. I bet this is exactly how she raised Jenelle. Jenelle is an adult now. Sure, turning 18 doesn't automatically erase years of BS, but she could acknowledge how fucked up she is, put herself in therapy, and work on making things better. Jace is only 4 and I just look to his future and see a path very similar to Jenelle's and it makes me so sad. 

• Love 2

Barb cannot surrender Jace for adoption. Jenelle still has her parental rights. All that Barb can do is place him into foster care or return him to Janelle. Those choices would probably be limited by the social services rules in their state(s).

I tend to agree that Barb used Jace as a leash/weapon with Janelle. However, the emotional abuse of Barb still trumps the life he could live with Janelle. It's a race to fail the best between all of the them.

• Love 2

They do seem like babies themselves sometimes, don't they? When Jenelle was explaining how she started lying to Barb and being sneaky because she didn't want Barb to scream at her, I could practically see Little Girl Janelle on my screen, just wanting unconditional love from a mother who had already decided she was a bad seed. I saw it in Kail in episode prior to this one, when she was talking to Javi on the phone about her mom's visit. She told Javi her mom was an awesome person when she was sober and Javi said he was glad they were getting along, and Kail wistfully said something like "I just hope it stays this way." She sounded like a wounded child, still just wanting her mommy to love her. I do feel for these girls.

• Love 6
They do seem like babies themselves sometimes, don't they? When Jenelle was explaining how she started lying to Barb and being sneaky because she didn't want Barb to scream at her, I could practically see Little Girl Janelle on my screen, just wanting unconditional love from a mother who had already decided she was a bad seed.

Exactly. And now she's doing the same thing to Jace. Constantly saying how "bad" he is, right in front of him. If you tell a child what they are over and over, they will begin to believe it and live it. Instead she should tell him that she doesn't like certain types of behavior and then correct it - instead of just screaming at him to stop. 

Barb cannot surrender Jace for adoption. Jenelle still has her parental rights.

That whole thing gets confusing to me. I thought she signed her rights away when Barb got custody of Jace. 

I read somewhere (trying to find it again) that the horse for Ali was a gift (from one of the girls' sets of grandparents I think?). Makes me wonder if the gift-givers are also taking care of the horse?

It was on Leah's facebook page.  The first post is on one page titled Leah and Jeremy Fanpage and it says "Bought a new horse."  Then on her Leah Calvert fan page she posted it as Ali's new horse bought by her grandparents (Mama Dawn Spears).  I can't find that pic now but it was definitely up that way.

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 1

When Chelsea and her friends were fishing, there was a weird light shining off their foreheads. Production lights maybe? It was distracting. And I want them to interview Jessica, because I want to know what attracts someone to a guy with two ex-baby mamas and multiple DUIs before his 25th birthday.

Original teen mom Amber got Child Protective Services called on her for less than what is happening to poor Jace. And while I know that Jenelle is a huge liar, I believe her that Barb was a crappy, screaming mother. Barb and Jenelle are locked in a toxic, codependent relationship. Hopefully Jace's eventual school can insist on counseling for the kid. He's going to need it.

The courts will figure out the money situation for Leah and Corey. They were both eggagerating in this episode. If Leah can't pay her bills, then give back the pricey washer and dryer. And Corey knows they can't really take his whole paycheck. I don't feel bad for either of them, but hopefully Corey hasn't been paying Leah in cash all this time. Hopefully all payments are on record.

As for Isaac, 3 hour drives every week have to be stressful for a small child. The court should never have allowed it.

• Love 3

Having now confirmed this with my husband and his sister, I can now report that the Fritz's Bar featured in Chelsea's segment is indeed the one in Crofton, NE which I have been to many times - it is owned by my mother-in-law's cousin. Why Chelsea and her friends would go there looking for guys, when it is in a town with a population of 700 two hours away from where she lives and pretty much exclusively populated by grizzled, middle-aged farmers is completely beyond me.

• Love 2

That whole thing gets confusing to me. I thought she signed her rights away when Barb got custody of Jace.

The laws around children are exceptionally confusing in America. I believe Barb is Jace's legal guardian. Barb could end that arrangement simply by returning Jace to Janelle and probably some kind of legal notice. Barb could attempt to legally adopt Jace. That would require either Janelle's and maybe Andrew's consent or termination their parental rights.

In the least likely scenario: Barb wants to place Jace with a family for adoption, I think this is what would have to happen:

1. Barb would have to adopt Jace so that she has the legal right to offer him to another family

2. Barb would have to allow Jace to become a ward of the state with the hope that the state would place him with a family

In the #1 scenario, Janelle would contest the termination of her parental rights and would very likely be successful. She would then regain physical custody of Jace. QED.

Sure, that probably leads to Jace being removed again in the future. Janelle is unfit by any polite standard but the legal criteria is much tougher. I'm not a lawyer but I've watched every episode of LA Law.

A gift horse? Nice. Jeremy and Leah's marriage doesn't have much of a chance if Corey is such a convenient scapegoat. If I were in the Simms camp, I'd be encouraging him to stop grumbling and set clear boundaries with her. I don't know what that means, because I don't understand the insurance, but he could be more firm in his actions and his words.

Loved it when Chelsea's friend Chelsey (?) said "it's nice to get dressed up though", and she's wearing a plaid shirt.

Agree that Barb threatening to kick out a 4 yo is one of the sickest things I've ever seen.

• Love 1
<snipped for space>

The courts will figure out the money situation for Leah and Corey. They were both eggagerating in this episode. If Leah can't pay her bills, then give back the pricey washer and dryer. And Corey knows they can't really take his whole paycheck. I don't feel bad for either of them, but hopefully Corey hasn't been paying Leah in cash all this time. Hopefully all payments are on record.

As for Isaac, 3 hour drives every week have to be stressful for a small child. The court should never have allowed it.

Yeah the court/child support situation for Corey and Leah was confusing!  I agree they were both exaggerating. If they've been used at all I don't think Leah can just "give back" the overpriced appliances (wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy to take back bad purchasing decisions, though?).

On the Corey side, does he seriously think $200/month is covering two kids, one with major medical bills, the majority of the time?  I hope he hasn't been paying her in cash. That can get messy and impossible to track in a hurry.

What you do in front of children reveals your expectations. First, one of the deepest instincts in children is to please those around them. So, with Barb and Jenelle throwing "bitches" at each other and Barb especially accepting the ones thrown at her, Jace is only acting out and responding in kind. If you will notice, the children on this are beginning to act out a lot. Not only because, I suspect, the show production is so invasive and dominant in their lives but also because their parents are psychotic.  The parents are basically awful people so the children, without Divine intervention, are bound to turn out the same.

What puzzles me is how people like Kail hold onto hurts and bad parenting and never consider that they don't have to. I think she bothers me the most because she is a bully and has powerful manipulative abilities. I do not feel sorry for Javi, I dislike him immensely for accepting it.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 1

The cynic in me believes Leah is lying that the horse is a gift. I think she posted that to get the "haters" off her back. There were a handful of online articles where she was being criticized for her hypocrisy about having money woes and then, here she is saying she bought a horse. She was also criticized because apparently the horse is very young, too young to even be a therapeutic horse. There are photos online of that horse.

I was distracted as well with those production lights during the scene with Chelsea and her friends fishing. I gotta hand it to Chelsea, I love to see a girl fishing. Growing up, I never had the opportunity to fish, but once I tried it when I was older, I loved it. I would never expect Chelsea to be the kind of person who would fish. Good for her. As for the rest of the episode, just too much TMI and the voice! STOP!! Talk about things that are grating. How irritating that voice of hers is.

Barbara - I used to be on the side that Barbara did her best with Jenelle, and Jenelle just turned out horrible. But, after watching her abusive behavior in front of Jace, and then threatening him by telling him he won't live there anymore, I just lost my sympathy for her. It appears Barb's way of handling kids and raising kids is to yell at them. Barb yells at everyone. When Jenelle seemed to be trying to explain herself to her mother about how things were when she was young, Barb told her to shut up. Not the first time either, but damn, that was harsh! Regardless of what Jenelle has done, when her daughter is sitting there opening up to her about how she felt as a child, I think Barb should have sat and listened. No wonder Jenelle shuts her mother up because she learned from Barb that is what you do when you don't want to hear someone talk to you.

• Love 3

Barbara - I used to be on the side that Barbara did her best with Jenelle, and Jenelle just turned out horrible. But, after watching her abusive behavior in front of Jace, and then threatening him by telling him he won't live there anymore, I just lost my sympathy for her.

Honestly, I have felt that way about Barb for a while. Yes, I give her props for her taking on Jenelle's job of raising her kid, but Barb's yelling instead of listening and lack of general warmth have have been apparent for a while.  Hell, even my husband was disgusted by what she said to Jace and he makes it his mission to pay as little attention as possible to the show.  It is a sad day when Jenelle is making sense. 

As for Leah-all I can say to all her whining: Cry me a river, sweetie. Her complaining about Corey getting to be the fun loving weekend dad was really rich. How about,if having all the girlses on your hands is so difficult, you let Corey and Miranda actually have them part time? Like they take them every week or for a few weeks at a time? I suspect, though, Leah wouldn't like to lose control over the twins and the situation.  Would give her less for her and Germy to bitch and moan about, can't have that. I swear, I think being pissed at Corey is the only thing keeping those two together at this point.

Didn't someone in a previous thread mention that Adam is currently dating a stripper? When I first read this, that's what first came to mind for me. I don't blame Chelsea for being concerned about what kind of women Adam is bringing around Aubree. I think most mothers would be. That said, Chelsea still is way too attached to the jerk.

Yes, that was me.  This article is about the girl that was in the episode last night.  Just don't read while eating.

She is STILL NOT over him:

Chelsea Houska and Adam Lind Take a Family Selfie.  

http://www.wetpaint.com/chelsea-houska/articles/2014-08-28-chelsea-houska-adam-lind-aubree-family-selfie

God help that girl.  Like the t-ball practice a few episodes ago for instance. Knowing how flakey he is, I would never have told my kid he was coming before. When she was waiting, she didn't need to call him and ask where he was. If he shows up, great, surprise! Otherwise she needs to learn to do her own thing without thinking of him or having her daughter count on him.  Also, I hope one day she stops wearing her sweater over her hands.

We were rooting for you, Chelsea! We were ALL rooting for you!

I still have hope for Chelsea. She needs to go to therapy for her issues with being attracted to losers. I remember in her 16 and Pregnant episode she said she'd been in therapy for depression(I think) and she was trying to sort out why she likes douchebags so much. I don't know if she continued with therapy but she needs to go back if she stopped.

She said she didn't need it.  Yep.

Gosh, maybe she's taking a family picture for Aubree because douche that he is, he's still her baby daddy and it's something nice for Aubree to have. It doesn't mean she's still hung up on Adam. He was likely her first love so maybe there'll always be a slight ping, but I doubt Chelsea would seriously consider going back to him and if she did Randylicious would disown her. It's not like she's looking longingly at the idiot.

Like the many times Randy told her he'd stop paying her rent if Adam came in or lived there?  He kept giving in.  I see where Chelsea learned the 'stand your ground' parenting skill from.

What skeeved me out was she said it in that ridiculous high pitched baby voice. Now that made me feel icky. Put some bass in your voice if your going to talk about your lady bits. At least sound like a grown woman.

And is it me, or was the Chelsea baby voice on full tilt the entire episode.

Yes.  I thought she was gonna meet a guy and talk like that.  "I'm Chelsea...come onnnn-uh, let's go DO IT!"

Can't stand Jenelle and Nathan is the worst ever.

Did anyone notice Issac's art on Kail's refrigerator said "Isaac Lowry"?

Shite, Leah got a horse? That's the last damn thing she needs.

Why do we need to know when someone has to go to the bathroom? Are reality show participants possessors of better needs for banos than the rest of us? Or should we strive to have our needs match theirs? I bet we could all get together and write much better material than what they are coming up with.

Edited by ethalfrida

Barb really lost me this episode. Threatening to kick out a 4 year old who has already been abandoned by his mother? I just can't.  I think Jace is an angry little boy and with good reason. I know Barb loves him in her way but when I think about the life he could have had if he'd been adopted by someone who longed for a child of their own to nurture...well it's just so sad.

• Love 3
he laws around children are exceptionally confusing in America. I believe Barb is Jace's legal guardian. Barb could end that arrangement simply by returning Jace to Janelle and probably some kind of legal notice. Barb could attempt to legally adopt Jace. That would require either Janelle's and maybe Andrew's consent or termination their parental rights.

In the least likely scenario: Barb wants to place Jace with a family for adoption, I think this is what would have to happen:

1. Barb would have to adopt Jace so that she has the legal right to offer him to another family
2. Barb would have to allow Jace to become a ward of the state with the hope that the state would place him with a family

In the #1 scenario, Janelle would contest the termination of her parental rights and would very likely be successful. She would then regain physical custody of Jace. QED.

Sure, that probably leads to Jace being removed again in the future. Janelle is unfit by any polite standard but the legal criteria is much tougher. I'm not a lawyer but I've watched every episode of LA Law.

Thanks, wrestlesflamingos, it makes a lot more sense now. Jace is basically screwed. I just wish there was someone in his daily life who loved him unconditionally and was willing to put in the hard work it takes to raise a child. 

Yes, that was me.  This article is about the girl that was in the episode last night.  Just don't read while eating.

You know you have a winner of a girlfriend when she posts for the world to see that you smell like livestock. But hey, that's about what Adumb deserves. 

Having now confirmed this with my husband and his sister, I can now report that the Fritz's Bar featured in Chelsea's segment is indeed the one in Crofton, NE which I have been to many times - it is owned by my mother-in-law's cousin. Why Chelsea and her friends would go there looking for guys, when it is in a town with a population of 700 two hours away from where she lives and pretty much exclusively populated by grizzled, middle-aged farmers is completely beyond me.

Vermillion SD to Crofton NE is only 45 minutes away.  

Sioux Falls SD to Crofton is an hour and 40 minutes away.  Is that where she lives?

Randylious has his dental practice is Vermillion.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

True. But at this point I think it goes beyond yelling. When you threaten a 4-year-old that you're going to turn them out if they don't behave, that's abusive, IMO. What happened to unconditional love? I get that Barb is exhausted and overwhelmed, but ultimately she chose this. She could have put Jace up for adoption. If you choose to be a parent, you need to do whatever you have to in order to give that child a healthy, happy, stable life. And Barb does none of that. She has constantly allowed Jenelle in and out of his life, fights like a crazed lunatic in front of him, and now we see that the poor kid lives with threats hanging over his head. What a horrible self esteem that kid is going to have. And I don't imagine this is all new. I bet this is exactly how she raised Jenelle. Jenelle is an adult now. Sure, turning 18 doesn't automatically erase years of BS, but she could acknowledge how fucked up she is, put herself in therapy, and work on making things better. Jace is only 4 and I just look to his future and see a path very similar to Jenelle's and it makes me so sad.

Unfortunately, I don't think Barb ever had the right to put Jace up for adoption as a baby. IIRC she tried to convince Jenelle to do so, but Jenelle refused, IMO partially just out of spite. If Barb had refuse to take care of Jace and CPS was called on Jenelle, Jace would've been placed in foster care and possibly eventually adopted out if the court took Jenelle's parental rights from her, which may likely have happened.

The laws around children are exceptionally confusing in America. I believe Barb is Jace's legal guardian. Barb could end that arrangement simply by returning Jace to Janelle and probably some kind of legal notice. Barb could attempt to legally adopt Jace. That would require either Janelle's and maybe Andrew's consent or termination their parental rights.

It's not as simple as "ending the arrangement" of a Guardianship.  The child had a guardian appointed by the court because his parents were unfit.  Barb can't just end it and give him back to the parent that was deemed unfit.  They would have to go back to court and ask the court to vacate the Guardianship.  I'm sure the Child Protective Services of that state are involved.  They would have to investigate Jenelle's current situation and her horrid boyfriend.  They probably would object and may seek custody themselves.  That would be the worst case scenario because he would then go into foster care.

I don't think Barb realizes how inappropriate it was saying he couldn't live there if he doesn't behave.  She needs counseling for herself, something I bet she never had.  It can work with intervention and a lot of help. 

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of Leah, I don't think she makes great choices & is a brat. With that said, we saw last season that Corey was ordered to pay $800. He then made a deal to pay Leah $200 & put the rest to the mounting medical bills. He didn't pay the bills. She has every right to be pissed. I know she spends like crazy & now just got a horse but he was ordered to pay that, period. The bills will go into collection & I would not be happy knowing I thought my ex was paying them & he wasn't. I don't care how much Jeremy makes, the court said this is how much Corey needs to pay. Why is it so bad that Leah is spending but ok for Corey to get his house remodeled & get a new truck etc? I really wonder if the show has made them different people then what they would have been without it.

Chelsea...I can't with the baby voice. It drives me NUTS! She has really turned her life around but needs to stop talking like that. On to A-D-A-M...he's already on to a new girl & bringing her around his kids. Does this bimbo really find this balding, immature, father of 2 kids who isn't allowed to drive attractive? Or does she want to be on tv? When she said to him "you're a good dad", I want to gag. I would be so hurt if the father of my kids let every bimbo come around them & kiss them.

• Love 3

I think that custody arrangement is going to have to be revised. In every episode this season Isaac has been lethargic, exhausted and cranky. The six hour round trip is clearly taking it's toll. 

Regarding Cory, I hope he's been paying those medical bills otherwise he's going to owe a shitload of back child support. 

• Love 2

Did I miss-hear, or were children left with Nathan... on his own?

I caught that too. She said the kids so I was wondering if it was Jace and his own child or Jace and his cousin that Barb seems to have quite a bit lately. Either way, scary. Visions of both of those dogs stuffed into one small crate and the boys stuffed in another crate.

• Love 4

I did have to laugh when Chelsea was telling her friend about Taylor texting  her freaking out because of the pics of Jessica holding Paislee. Chelsea was trying really hard to complain but you could tell she was flattered that he was doing the same crap to Taylor that he did to her. I can imagine this was a payback for something and anything Taylor threw up in Chelsea's face when Taylor and Adam were together.

And I just wanna say damn these girls have some nice ass houses and cars.

Leah took to Twitter to defend herself – and to suck up to viewers!

“As I’m reading through my twitter feed I can’t but wonder what goes through some of you alls mind,” bemoaned Leah. “First off, the horse was given to the girls and for Ali to use for therapeutic riding from her grandparents. Second, the money I spend – or spent – wasn’t only on make-up. You guys do seem to forget that this is reality TV and many things are edited to fit timing, etc. So you guys really should take a step back to THINK before being so judgmental.”

it continues...

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/09/05/teen-mom-2s-leah-calvert-shows-new-horse-calls-judgmental-viewers/

I think Kail is just getting a good edit this season. Even when she is being calm, her face says otherwise. I just can't with her. I don't have kids and was positively stunned when Aubree flipped out in Chelsea's car that time. I was astonished at the level of freak out there and now Isaac did the same thing. How on earth do parents survive such things? Holy cow!

Fathers should absolutely, positively provide financial support to their kids. My biggest problem with Leah is that she is not a down and out person working as a waitress and eating peanut butter because Dad does not pay. She seems to be very careless with money: wasting thousands on expensive appliances, Mary Kay and saying in this week's show "I haven't really been doing much" and then whining that when the girls need clothes they can't buy them. She seemed angry that Corey gets raises as if she begrudges him having any money but pays no attention to her lack of attention to budgeting and spending. There's something very wrong with that to me. She is turning her financial irresponsibility into a way to demonize a very involved and loving father who does pay support. I think Leah said Corey is only paying $200 a month now which is very low for two girls. I wonder if he lost his job and got another that doesn't pay nearly as much. Or, Corey could have gotten the good edit and in reality, pays less because he knows Leah has MTV money and Jeremy makes a good living. 

I forwarded past Chelsea's parts because I have no interest in watching these stupid road trips.

When Jenelle goes on about "When he's with me, he doesn't do any of that" it just drives me crazy. Barb should say, "Good, he's yours" and let him go live with her. Of course, once he starts acting up, Jenelle will say that he's that way because of Barb. So it's a lose-lose situation all around. 

Nathan looked like he was ready to explode while putting together that crib. The dude is a serious time bomb.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago

Leah took to Twitter to defend herself – and to suck up to viewers!

Yeah, that was posted up above by another poster.

Whether Leah paid for the horse or not, who is going to pay for the maintenance and care of the horse? Surely not the grandparents. I still maintain it is a convenient lie.

I'm not a fan of Leah, I don't think she makes great choices & is a brat. With that said, we saw last season that Corey was ordered to pay $800. He then made a deal to pay Leah $200 & put the rest to the mounting medical bills. He didn't pay the bills. She has every right to be pissed. I know she spends like crazy & now just got a horse but he was ordered to pay that, period. The bills will go into collection & I would not be happy knowing I thought my ex was paying them & he wasn't. I don't care how much Jeremy makes, the court said this is how much Corey needs to pay.

Yeah, I will believe Cory until there is proof otherwise. Leah and Jeremy are scum, and Leah has been shown to be a cheater and a liar. She cries she is down and out financially, but there she is buying over-priced items. I don't think Cory was ordered to pay anything.  An oral agreement was reached that he would pay $800. If they changed that later on, that was with Leah's permission, as she noted in the episode when bitching to her friend. Now, what isn't clear is, what the whole issue is with insurance, medical costs and co-pays, and anything related to that matter. Leah has no credibility in my eyes.

• Love 6

I get that Barb should never say such a thing to Jace, i.e., that he can't live there anymore if he acts up, but it also should be pointed out that Kail said to Isaac, who sobbing heavily during his "meltdown" that if he didn't get into his car seat, she was going to leave him there. . I thought that was a pretty eff'd up thing to say.

After it became known that Chelsea was banging Adam while he was with Taylor and it was only a couple of months before the last reunion show I have-- and continue to believe-- that all this "Dating would take my attention away from Aubree" is a load of b.s. that's being said for the cameras. 

• Love 3
I caught that too. She said the kids so I was wondering if it was Jace and his own child or Jace and his cousin that Barb seems to have quite a bit lately. Either way, scary. Visions of both of those dogs stuffed into one small crate and the boys stuffed in another crate.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Nathan's daughter in pictures Jenelle posts of them all on Instagram. He must be allowed some visitation with her now. In a way, I kind of hope they keep this show going for awhile, because I think the cameras are one of the only things keeping Nathan from totally freaking out. 

• Love 1

Did I hear correctly when Leah gave two different money figures when whining about the child support? I might have heard wrong, but I thought I heard her say in one scene how Cory pays $200 a month and in another scene, she said Cory paid $200 a week.

Leah seems to bellyache about money all the time this season.  First it was about the chair, then the taxes that haven't been paid, according to Jeremy, the maxing out of credit cards, spending an outrageous amount of money for make-up that she now admits on the latest episode, she is not even selling! Then, there is the washer-and-dryer, and without mention, there is her hair which she probably spends a pretty penny on to make it look that horrible.  The visits to the salon for manicures and pedicures. She flaunts those designer purses, hair weaves, new cars every season, buying, selling, buying a home - this is giving me a headache. We learned a short time ago that they are now owners of a horse. Regardless of whether the horse was gifted or not, the cost to care for a horse and the amount of money it will cost to feed it and maintain it, will far outweigh the cost of that chair that Ali needs. Now, I posted before how I thought that is something the insurance company should pay for because Cory pays for it. What galls me is how every time Leah is in need of something (a bigger house, a motorized chair, a horse) all of a sudden Cory is not doing his part. This is not about the insurance, this is not about Cory, this is about Leah splurging away money that could be used to pay off some of their bills. Jeremy gets on her ass about it and she then turns on the waterworks and manipulates Jeremy into thinking it is because Cory is not doing his part. Of course Jeremy will fall for it because he can't forget how Leah dumped him for Cory not that long ago and she probably has him believing that Cory still wants her.

• Love 7

I love, love to read blind items.  :)  Just saw this one posted today.  Lately with the drama, I know who my first guess would be. 

65. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/05 **#1**
This Teen Mom is using her child support money to support the drug habit of herself and significant other. She has already run through her money from the show.

• Love 2