Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Fresh Powder, Fresh Start

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I'm confused as to why they brought Mary back. She was a terrible housewife. She didn't get along with anyone and she never participated in anything. The texts to Lisa were played off as a joke but they were pretty cruel. She sent similar texts to Whitney. She called Heather inbred (and will again according to the preview) and compared Jenn to a "Mexican thug." She doesn't look like she wants to be anywhere besides her closet. When she showed up to Heather's event, she barely said hi to anyone and sat down right away. Also, she doesn't know if her own son is married??

It'll be interesting to see how the season goes without Jenn Shah dragging everything down with her antics. I love that the new HW was a witness in her trial. I believe her when she says Jenn never said anything nice about these women.

Exactly. I wasn't surprised by the texts to Lisa, because the texts to Whitney were even worse. If I were Heather, Lisa or Whitney, I'd want no friendship with Mary. With a lot of these Housewives who aren't so nice, sometimes it's because they're trying to stir the pot to create story. Sometimes they overact when they feel challenged. Some of them have foot-in-mouth disease *cough* Ramona. Mary is just not nice period, and she's racist too.  

38 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

In her TH where she’s wearing a white mummy/bandage dress she looked really flat chested. 

Oh, I see. If Whitney did just take out her implants or got smaller ones, that would surprise me since I think she got new implants a year or two ago. I'm not opposed to plastic surgery myself, but it is still surgery. I don't get the women who constantly switch up implants. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I'm confused as to why they brought Mary back. She was a terrible housewife. She didn't get along with anyone and she never participated in anything. The texts to Lisa were played off as a joke but they were pretty cruel. She sent similar texts to Whitney. She called Heather inbred (and will again according to the preview) and compared Jenn to a "Mexican thug." She doesn't look like she wants to be anywhere besides her closet. When she showed up to Heather's event, she barely said hi to anyone and sat down right away. Also, she doesn't know if her own son is married??

I think they're hoping for a similar downfall like they got with Jen. We all know Mary's running a cult! (Allegedly!) I'd bet they've seen a negative shift in their church income since the show started. And appearing on the show, even in a limited capacity, is a way to continuing supporting her lifestyle. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Why did they bring Mary back? The real question is why did Mary come back? She doesn't like anyone and never wants to participate in any of the group activities and gatherings, so why come back?

The producers making Monica a housewife, who was a witness against Jen Shah, is a big FU from them to Jen Shah. I'm loving that she's willing to spill the tea on what Jen said about everyone behind-the-scenes. No surprise she had nothing nice to say about Heather, her supposed ride-or-die bestie and who continued to defend her. I hope Heather saw that and is having nothing to do with Jen. 

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

Why did they bring Mary back? The real question is why did Mary come back? She doesn't like anyone and never wants to participate in any of the group activities and gatherings, so why come back?

It's the money, honey!  I don't think she brings enough to Bravo's table, but I guess they think her general assholery is enough 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
46 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

Oddly enough, Mary is just as aloof and uninvolved with her own family, as she is with her cast mates. People are calling my son’s girlfriend his wife. I didn’t have a chance to ask him. Incredulous producer:You live in the same house! Also: My husband was in Vegas for 6 months. Producer again: How was that? Her response: It was great! Considering Mary doesn’t even interact with her two closest family members, I’m going to assume she’s literally been sitting alone in her closet for the year or so since she was “put on pause.” I can’t even picture her interacting with her congregation. She’s just so dour and disinterested and dismissive. This isn’t how you bilk rubes out of money for your cult! Credit to whomever said before that cult leaders are supposed to be charismatic. If Mary can get a room-sized closet full of designer duds out of these folks, imagine how someone with a little bit of pizzazz could clean up in SLC! I guess it’s ripe for the pickin’ with all of the fallen Mormons looking for some new direction.

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well at least her rental won't be foreclosed on.  Let's see if that happens to Whitney when she leaves her unemployed husband.  

Does it sound like Whitney’s marital troubles are legit?  I admit, I paid so little attention to the parts of the episode I “watched”, I missed any reference to it.

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

Does it sound like Whitney’s marital troubles are legit?  I admit, I paid so little attention to the parts of the episode I “watched”, I missed any reference to it.

I am not sure.  But, I would almost bet money on yes.

• Like 3
On 9/5/2023 at 11:42 PM, princelina said:

I think the Fendi bag belonged to Angie - Lisa was just loving it.  To be honest I was too - it was the first ridiculously priced handbag on any HW show that I'd actually love to own!

Did she say it’s mink?  I’m so grossed out by a fur bag.  

12 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

The producers making Monica a housewife, who was a witness against Jen Shah, is a big FU from them to Jen Shah. 

I love that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

We finally get rid of Jen Shah (although oddly, I liked watching Coach Shah) and we get a former Shah squad ass kisser as her replacement?

The wives tried to shit on Heathers book and she turned it back by stating they don’t read lol. Good for her! These women are never happy for anyones success.

Team Merediths Bathtub! I thought the Seth tub scene was cringe too but not as bad as Whitney sliding down a pole in front of her daddy or her and Justin rolling around in paint like two horny pigs in the mud. (No offense to pigs)

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

her and Justin rolling around in paint like two horny pigs in the mud.

I think the word is, "Rutting." 

I also think the word is, "Gross."

6 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Team Merediths Bathtub! I thought the Seth tub scene was cringe too

Seriously, so cringe. 

I wonder what went thru Whitney and Meredith's minds when they decided on doing those things on camera, I mean how did they think we would all react? Remember that cringe tub scene with Tamra and Eddie, nobody liked that so Meredith doubled down and did it too, still nobody likes that sort of thing!

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think the word is, "Rutting." 

I also think the word is, "Gross."

Seriously, so cringe. 

I wonder what went thru Whitney and Meredith's minds when they decided on doing those things on camera, I mean how did they think we would all react? Remember that cringe tub scene with Tamra and Eddie, nobody liked that so Meredith doubled down and did it too, still nobody likes that sort of thing!

Don't forget Laurie and George from OC. They were the original bathtub scene cringers! Why Housewives, why??! 

• LOL 7

Because the shows are produced by dimwits who insist on this nonsense.

Lots of distracting face work this season.

Mary is unrecognizable in her talking heads. Her face is much fuller and I think the camera has a filter. And her hair is actually brushed and styled.

"I don't hold a grudge" Meridith sneers as she holds a grudge.

Meredith doesn't just hold grudges, she categorizes them and files away for handy reference.

Oh Heather, what are you wearing?

Definitely not a foundation garment.

Jen has a propensity for obsessing and overreacting to things she doesn't like, so I wonder if part of her prison therapy prohibits her from watching this show. Otherwise I expect her to be enraged that another housewife is spilling Jen's secrets, and for Jen to feed tidbits to someone on the outside who will pass them along to social media. The secrets will be out there any day now..."Whitney and her husband are behind on their mortgage." (As an example)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I tried to find it online to check.  Fendi is cutting back on their fur line, but still produces some. I noticed a lot of the SLC ladies wear fur, but I don't know if it is faux or real.  I'm disappointed that these Housewives decided to jump on the over-logo'd bandwagon, too.  

• Like 6

Lisa's response to Jack wanting to go on a mission was just jaw dropping. Utahn here. Mormons really, really, really love missionaries. Their kids going on a mission is a HUGE deal. They throw parties and gather for the mission call. It's a real badge of honor to have a kid on a mission. They only act like Lisa if their kid decides NOT to go on a mission. Pretty sure that's why Jack said that mom and dad aren't like him. I can damn near guarantee you that all of his friends that are going on a mission have parents that are THRILLED about it.

• Like 7
  • Useful 5
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I tried to find it online to check.  Fendi is cutting back on their fur line, but still produces some. I noticed a lot of the SLC ladies wear fur, but I don't know if it is faux or real.  I'm disappointed that these Housewives decided to jump on the over-logo'd bandwagon, too.  

She did say that it was mink - don't know if it's true but I guess that's how they can charge a fortune!  Sign me up for the faux fur copy 😄

• Like 4
On 9/6/2023 at 11:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

Did Whitney's chest look smaller? Seth is going to be devastated!

She removed the gigantic implants, but it seems to me that she replaced them with small ones. The IG photo is from six days ago. 

Screenshot_20230908_155344_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Fendi is a fashion house that has an in house fur atelier, and refuses to eliminate it.

The women wear real fur (Lisa, Heather, Mary, Angie who carried the Fendi mink bag, as well, Jen). It seems that Angie is promoting the same Park City furrier Lisa promoted on her IG.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/5/2023 at 9:20 PM, Straycat80 said:

Why did they bring Mary back?

She's a special kind of crazy, so I get the fascination. And I would semi-forgive Andy for forcing my DVR to record Watch What Happens if it featured the SLC Housewives reading Mary's text messages aloud. That said, Mary's shtick is going to get old real quick if she's got nothing else to bring to the table.

Meredith treats grudges like beloved houseplants; she spends a lot of time and effort nurturing them and seems to get a lot of satisfaction when they grow.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
On 9/7/2023 at 7:26 PM, J80134 said:

Heather - Do you think I look inbred?

Mary (eyeballs her for 1 second) - I do

I'm just rolling at the deadpan delivery and complete lack of empathy. Ask and you shall receive Matthew 7:7

Grandpa Fucker knows her way around an insult.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 10
10 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Is there really a business that makes and deliver snowballs for lazy housewives? It’s kind of brilliant.

Meeting all of your luxury vacation needs, for your next family/friends getaway. Who doesn't love a good old-fashioned snowball fight, followed by hot cocoa and s'mores by the fire pit?

-Thinking about it,... it's probably not a good idea to arm Housewives with hot beverages, especially after having them pelt each other with snowballs -because you know at least one person is pissed they got hit in the face

• LOL 6
On 9/6/2023 at 9:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

That's part of the appeal of the show to me. I haven't been to Utah yet, nor thought much about it before, unlike some of the other cities in the franchise. Salt Lake look absolutely beautiful, especially in the winter. I definitely want to visit at some point. Winter is my least favorite time of year, but having pretty scenery really helps me appreciate its beauty. Salt Lake also looks cozier to me than say Beverly Hills or Miami. It is kind of like Real Housewives of Dallas in that sense. Not full of celebrities or a huge party city.

Bear in mind: the only real Salt Lake scenes that are shown are the opening ones and an occasional visit by the housewives to a restaurant. The bulk of it is in Park City, where all the alleged "cool people" are- and where everything is 5x more expensive than in the rest of the state because- well, it's cool! Sundance is held there! I live north of PC and it's even more beautiful because it's much less populated and not a tourist magnet.

A few things I noticed about this season opener:

-I thought the whole opening was obnoxious: the Biblical references, the constant "angel choir" type music interspersed with what sounded like horror movie music. Get off it, production. Yes, there are LDS Church members here, but there are PLENTY of people who are not. Two cast members are "fallen" Mormons, one (Lisa) is a Mormon but joined later in life and seems more of an In Name Only Mormon, Mary is Baptist (or whatever), the others I'm not sure. But especially in areas like Park City, it's not wall-to-wall Mormons or all about religion. 

-Lisa's deathlike lipstick choice in the early scenes. Not flattering.

-Meredith's immobile upper lip. She seems to have fixed the armor-like chest; now she needs to relax on Botox and let her face move a little bit

-Heather's increasingly mannish looks- is she visiting Beauty Lab as a customer a little too much? The brief photo of her at her wedding showed the stark difference in her past and current looks.

-Meredith's insistence that she doesn't hold grudges, yet can't seem to overcome that Whitney insulted her bathtub.  Poor bathtub!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
On 9/9/2023 at 12:58 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Is there really a business that makes and deliver snowballs for lazy housewives? It’s kind of brilliant.

Right and the customer was someone in Utah in the winter when access to snow wasn’t an issue.

Delivering snowballs, made from snow…, to Miami would make more sense.

Apparently I don’t know how to spot a genius marketing idea and leveraging it to rich people and Bravo…

• LOL 6

I just listened to Watch What Crappens, and Ben and Ronnie skewered the Housewives opening scene.  They loved it, but commented how insane it was to have a backdrop of a strip mall and run of the mill chain shops behind the scenes of the women dressed ridiculously over the top.  It was hilarious commentary!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love the landscape, it's beautiful. 

I like it that Monica is on the show. Not only she said that Jen asked her to put (Jen's) assets on her name (!) in order to protect them, and she testified for the government against Jen, she revealed juicy information about Jen not liking any of the women, she doesn't even like Heather, her most devoted supporter!

Mary is something else! She doesn't know if her son who lives with her is married, or not, and she is happy her husband was away for 6 months! Her insulting texts to Lisa were hilarious, but really nasty. 

It's strange that Lisa's son who seemed to be a little mercenary about business (he wanted to be even more successful, fast) is going on a mission. 

The women are the epitome of nouveau riche- it's all about in your face brands. Heather wearing high heels to (supposedly) plow snow was ridiculous. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Bear in mind: the only real Salt Lake scenes that are shown are the opening ones and an occasional visit by the housewives to a restaurant. The bulk of it is in Park City, where all the alleged "cool people" are- and where everything is 5x more expensive than in the rest of the state because- well, it's cool! Sundance is held there! I live north of PC and it's even more beautiful because it's much less populated and not a tourist magnet.

-Heather's increasingly mannish looks- is she visiting Beauty Lab as a customer a little too much? The brief photo of her at her wedding showed the stark difference in her past and current appearance.

Does Heather live in Salt Lake City, that's why Meredith threw a dig about "us in Park City (the cool area) pay to have our snow plowed"?

I was reading that fillers don't really get absorbed, so they keep accumulating, with the result of individuals ending up with a large, square, puffy face like Heather who didn't have elegant features to begin with. Her appearance is not a good advertisement for her business.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I was reading that fillers don't really get absorbed, so they keep accumulating, with the result of individuals ending up with a large, square, puffy face like Heather who didn't have elegant features to begin with. Her appearance is not a good advertisement for her business.

I agree completely! Meredith, on the other hand, shows up with a new face every year, and it is exquisitely done.  I wonder who she goes to.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agree completely! Meredith, on the other hand, shows up with a new face every year, and it is exquisitely done.  I wonder who she goes to.

You think her face is well done? Seems there have been so many iterations of frozen upper lip, over puffed cheeks, and the one season where she looked as if she couldn't move one side of her mouth. And let's not talk about the odd breast implants that resembled a unified armor of flesh.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I like it that Monica is on the show. Not only she said that Jen asked her to put (Jen's) assets on her name (!) in order to protect them, and she testified for the government against Jen, she revealed juicy information about Jen not liking any of women, she doesn't even like Heather, her most devoted supporter!

The women are the epitome of nouveau riche- it's all about in your face brands. Heather wearing high heels to (supposedly) plow snow was ridiculous. 

I hope Monica spills all the beans on Jen!  I hate Jen, not just because she’s a criminal but because she’s also just a horrible person in general.  I hope Monica tells everyone everything jen ever said about them, especially Heather.  

I watched an old episode the other day, the one where Heather, Whitney and Jen are in outdoor bathtubs..  and Heather was embarrassing herself, begging Jen to be her friend and not leave her for Meredith and Lisa.  Jen had such a smug smirk on her face.  

These idiots all deck themselves out in all labels all the time.  To look rich, I guess?  I’m embarrassed for them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, Book Junkie said:

I'm actually shocked that Bravo brought Mary back because there seems to be an unspoken rule that if a housewife does not appear for the reunion taping, she is in breach of contract and will not be asked back the following season. This definitely has been the case with Adrienne Maloof and Jaqueline Laurita, so why does Mary get a pass? Because of her oddball behavior?

I stopped watching SLC fairly early on last season as I've always found it a snooze, but Bravo has shown just how unscrupulous they are, employing criminals, grifters and cult leaders that prey upon others. They aren't abiding by their own rules anymore which means SLC must have seen a drastic loss in viewership.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Rahul said:

I'm actually shocked that Bravo brought Mary back because there seems to be an unspoken rule that if a housewife does not appear for the reunion taping, she is in breach of contract and will not be asked back the following season. This definitely has been the case with Adrienne Maloof and Jaqueline Laurita, so why does Mary get a pass? Because of her oddball behavior?

I stopped watching SLC fairly early on last season as I've always found it a snooze, but Bravo has shown just how unscrupulous they are, employing criminals, grifters and cult leaders that prey upon others. They aren't abiding by their own rules anymore which means SLC must have seen a drastic loss in viewership.

I think you answered your own question there. That’s probably exactly why they asked Mary back—the odds are in their favor she might end up prosecuted or at least embroiled in a scandal with former congregants talking about how she bilked them out of money.

• Like 3