Type keyword(s) to search

Scout's Honor: The Secret Files of the Boy Scouts Of America

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Netflix documentary that premieres September 6

Through compelling on-screen interviews and verite, this investigative documentary will reveal the institutional cover-up and follow the whistleblowers fighting to bring justice against what was once one of America's most beloved and trusted institutions.

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Bad and awful in what way? Badly made or it’s very difficult subject matter?

I think it's a difficult subject matter and I don't think it has been covered as much about how widespread the abuse was.  This is on par with the catholic church scandals as they operated the same way. "Tell us if you've been abused" and then it'd be covered up.  They might get rid of the guy but no authorities would be told and often parents wouldn't be either. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, DanaK said:

Bad and awful in what way? Badly made or it’s very difficult subject matter?

Bad and awful that CSA was and probably is running rampant and the cover ups. 

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think it's a difficult subject matter and I don't think it has been covered as much about how widespread the abuse was.  This is on par with the catholic church scandals as they operated the same way. "Tell us if you've been abused" and then it'd be covered up.  They might get rid of the guy but no authorities would be told and often parents wouldn't be either. 

Exactly, I told my husband "wow this is as bad as the Catholic church". And I"m Catholic! 

• Like 1
(edited)

FYI, for those searching for this and having trouble, it looks like the title should be without the apostrophe in the first word, as in Scouts Honor. But Netflix seems to find it either way

I had assumed people knew the details or at least knew the general stuff when the lawsuits started happening and the Boy Scouts declared bankruptcy, but I guess not. Now if only the Catholic Church would fully take responsibility for their sex abuse scandals and have the various dioceses stop trying to get out of coming clean

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1