Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

A woman who visits her daughter daily ain't movin' nowhere, baby! If Gerry (Indiana!) picks Theresa, he had better reconcile himself to being Gerry (NotIndiana!)!

The one sure bet, mes amis, is that we will see tears from someone! 😢 💔

Gerry is a sure bet for the water works. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
On 11/18/2023 at 3:04 PM, Diana Berry said:

Isn’t Faith still working as a radio Dj?  

Yes, she’s still on the radio and does voice overs for locally-produced TV and radio ads. I think she was also teaching at our local vocational HS (the broadcast program) but I heard she had to give that up to leave to be on the show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Teresa mentioned having a FINRA license. You have to make it thru an exam to get that, and it's not a cakewalk. As for how she reconciles having a serious credential with being so deferential to Gerry, maybe she's downplaying her career situation to make herself more appealing to a retiree. 

If Leslie was just after sex, she could easily get it, and no need to go on the show to find it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

I have heard "the most shocking" hype on The Bachelor franchise a few times, so the finale may not be anything actually shocking.

I wonder if Gerry wants Leslie but when Leslie and Theresa meet his family they push for Theresa so he chooses her? 

Leslie would love to be on Dancing With The Stars and I think Gerry is enjoying the spotlight so I could see him doing it too.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have heard "the most shocking" hype on The Bachelor franchise a few times, so the finale may not be anything actually shocking.

I wonder if Gerry wants Leslie but when Leslie and Theresa meet his family they push for Theresa so he chooses her? 

Leslie would love to be on Dancing With The Stars and I think Gerry is enjoying the spotlight so I could see him doing it too.

Are you listening, ABC?! 

"Dancing With The Golden Stars"! 💃🕺💃

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

No of course not!  They will keep her no maintenance condo and his lake side home.

I would think both of them would enjoy some travel and cruises together. 

Life will get exciting if they do in fact go through with it…I’m doubtful but who knows!

Some of my friends won’t go near this show.  I don’t get it.  I think it’s fabulous and funny.  It’s for our ages for heavens sakes.  I just hope they put theGolden Bachelorette on soon. 🌹👍 I don’t want to wait.  This show and the Gilded Age are the greatest.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Teresa mentioned having a FINRA license. You have to make it thru an exam to get that, and it's not a cakewalk. As for how she reconciles having a serious credential with being so deferential to Gerry, maybe she's downplaying her career situation to make herself more appealing to a retiree. 

If Leslie was just after sex, she could easily get it, and no need to go on the show to find it.

As a previous financial professional who carried several FINRA licenses, that material and those exams are no joke.  I know several who didn’t pass at all, and quite a few who passed the Series 6 (variable contracts)and then never did pass any of the others.  They are exceedingly difficult, and I feel that deriding Theresa as a “day-trader” is absolutely unfair. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 4
32 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

As a previous financial professional who carried several FINRA licenses, that material and those exams are no joke.  I know several who didn’t pass at all, and quite a few who passed the Series 6 (variable contracts)and then never did pass any of the others.  They are exceedingly difficult, and I feel that deriding Theresa as a “day-trader” is absolutely unfair. 

As a self taught, at the time, middle aged woman, who got hired over the young and ambitious MBAs, I think she’s got to be very, very smart.   I think the fact she would be willing to leave her job for love may be 2-fold….she is 70 and she can continue trading on her own account and keep her hand in the game even if she retires.

• Like 17

I'm really not sure who Gerry is going to go for in the end, it does feel a little bit different on this show than on the main show. People in their 20s and 30s can usually go from person to person pretty easily and pick up go somewhere new, it all feels more serious when you have people who have lived full lives and have large families. 

That repel down a waterfall date looked so scary, I would do so poorly on these shows, both because its an absolute shit show of desperation and madness, and because I hate heights. 

Leslie seems like she's an older Rachel, forever insecure about not being the girl who gets picked. 

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I'm really not sure who Gerry is going to go for in the end, it does feel a little bit different on this show than on the main show. People in their 20s and 30s can usually go from person to person pretty easily and pick up go somewhere new, it all feels more serious when you have people who have lived full lives and have large families. 

That repel down a waterfall date looked so scary, I would do so poorly on these shows, both because its an absolute shit show of desperation and madness, and because I hate heights. 

Leslie seems like she's an older Rachel, forever insecure about not being the girl who gets picked. 

Also, being older (and not trying to sound morbid) you know you don't have 50+ years ahead of you, so if you make a mistake its not that big of a deal. You have to consider who would be with you if your health started to fail. 

Did Theresa mention if her husband was ill before he passed away? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
On 11/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I never got to see Jesse's season either, it looks like a lot of fun based on the clips I've watched on YouTube!  Why can't ABC upload all of the seasons from the beginning to now? 

honestly he wass not a great bachelor, he was kind of a dog with the women, but it was obvious he wasnt there for love..

• Like 9

The spoiler for the winner is out.  I'll put it behind spoiler tags so be careful if you don't want to know. 

Spoiler

Not really a surprise if you follow things he has said about fantasy suites being the decider and then watching the show but he is engaged to Theresa. 

• Applause 6
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Some of my friends won’t go near this show.  I don’t get it.  I think it’s fabulous and funny.  It’s for our ages for heavens sakes.  I just hope they put theGolden Bachelorette on soon. 🌹👍 I don’t want to wait.  This show and the Gilded Age are the greatest.

Yes the Guilded Age!  I love it!  No wonder those women didn't work; look how long it takes to do their hair, and just contorting themselves to get into those oufits, oh, and getting that jewelry on!!

12 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

They need to do that 🙌💯😄! I remember when they put the silver fox George Hamilton on that show- lots of fun 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZOYGZbowk

Chloris Leachman did it for me; couldn't watch it anymore.  I prefer to watch straight up Professional Ballroom Dance competitions.

• Like 6
On 11/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, HerkyJerky said:

Kristen, I wonder if our heat tolerance decreases as we age?  I moved to Tampa 35 years at 33 and had NO problem with the heat. NOW it's a different story.

It's demonstrably hotter than it was when we were young.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Also, being older (and not trying to sound morbid) you know you don't have 50+ years ahead of you, so if you make a mistake its not that big of a deal. You have to consider who would be with you if your health started to fail. 

Did Theresa mention if her husband was ill before he passed away? 

I’m thinking all the sex talk Lesley comes out with will scare him away.  He’s 72 and doesn’t need pressure.  He would be more comfortable with Teresa.  He liked her family also.  A much better fit.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m thinking all the sex talk Lesley comes out with will scare him away.  He’s 72 and doesn’t need pressure.  He would be more comfortable with Teresa.  He liked her family also.  A much better fit.

3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

At that age you also want companionship, not just sexual gymnastics. 

• Like 3
On 11/21/2023 at 9:30 AM, kristen111 said:

I like this show, I especially like that the women got along (mostly). I hope there is another one with a woman as the bachelorette.

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

If they have the one who doesn't get chosen as the Golden Bachelorette I would not be as interested, I would rather more of the women come back and they have a dating show like Bachelor In Paradise (but more classy).

Same. I'm not interested in watching either of the final two as a Golden Bachelorette.  I don't think either have the personality to carry that off either. 

• Like 5
On 11/17/2023 at 1:58 PM, Irlandesa said:

Me neither and I thought it was odd that he just said a long time.  It makes me think he wants to give the impression he was celibate since his wife died but I do not think that's the case.

100%. He looked kind of like a deer in the headlights when asked that question and trying to come up with an answer. I damn well would have followed-up with "OK, how long is 'a long time'?" I like Gerry, but I think he was panicked that his cover would be blown as the long-grieving widower they are portraying.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:16 PM, Starlight925 said:

Teresa has a wig, which is I suspect one reason she got the easier, horseback riding date, as that whole thing would have flown off on a rappel date.

Rappelling would have been nothing wig-wise compared to the wind-in-a-convertible that she had already done!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

I still like Theresa. I liked their first date and saw a connection right away. I think she soothes him. Gee, at my age and I can imagine beyond, I don't want drama, I want peace and quiet. I want someone i can just chill with. I'm sure that is the case with him. I feel like Leslie has "too" much going and might be a bit exhausting. I can't see her sitting by the lake with a glass of iced tea just enjoying the day . JMHO. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

100%. He looked kind of like a deer in the headlights when asked that question and trying to come up with an answer. I damn well would have followed-up with "OK, how long is 'a long time'?" I like Gerry, but I think he was panicked that his cover would be blown as the long-grieving widower they are portraying.

I thought so too, thus his vague answer. 

I have no idea who he picks. I thought Theresa would've been gone before Faith, so it shows how much I know. It seems like he's more into Leslie but it could just be editing. If I had to pick I'd give a slight edge to Theresa.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It seems like he's more into Leslie but it could just be editing. If I had to pick I'd give a slight edge to Theresa

I've only watched the first third or so of this episode, but I got the feeling that Gerry is feeling that whatever he has with Leslie, and vice versa, is more infatuation than real. He made some kind of comment about "rose colored glasses." I haven't seen how the day goes with Teresa, but I also think she has the edge as a more real connection.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Speaking of Leslie wanting to be on Dancing With The Stars...hmmm... she has them tagged on her Instagram picture:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0AI2hKJaC3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

Also check out her old aerobics performance:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz-AdUas7N8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

Hey, that was Robert Scorpio! It's weird, but I seem to remember her on these kind of shows back on the day.

Maybe she went on here to kick up her career?

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It seems like he's more into Leslie but it could just be editing

With these types of “reality” shows my rule of thumb is to look at the person they hint might be the one…then pick the other. 😆

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I have long thought he was destined to choose Teresa. I was just distressed that he said several phrases to Leslie that mean, if he does choose Teresa, it's going to come as a gut punch to her. I agree that the editing is meant to lead us the other way, but agree that usually this is "telling us something."

• Like 3

It is of my humble opinion that everything changed for Gerry during the overnights. 

And I don't mean the physical aspect, although it is very possible that that was in the mix of change of heart. But most definitely whatever private conversations were had. In the morning afters, Gerry was a much different person with Theresa than he was with Leslie. I think up until the point the cameras went off for the night, Gerry was very much in on Leslie and was mostly lead by physical attraction and lust. But then you get to know someone more, and physicality can only go so far. Especially if Gerry is on this journey for the right reasons. 

Gerry and Theresa have a lot more in common, aside from being close in age (only separated by a couple years). Because they both lost their high school sweethearts and longtime loves, they understand each other on a deeper level that only people who have been through that can understand. Leslie has had two failed marriages and comes off as more desperate in this process to find love. 

This isn't to say that Gerry won't pick Leslie, but my prediction is that he picks Theresa. Something about him telling Theresa how he feels in private away from the cameras gives me the feeling that he means it more. And him telling Leslie everything under the sun on camera comes off as being caught up in the moments. That's his bad, though, because it will only make things even more sucky for Leslie if he doesn't pick her. He told Leslie everything she - and any of the other women - would want to hear, when he should've kept the grand declarations to himself until he knew for sure who his pick would be. Perhaps his empathy for Theresa and her experience with losing a spouse is why he's treaded more lightly with her. So regardless of if he chooses Theresa in the end, at least he appeared to be more careful when expressing his feelings for her. 

Regardless of who he ends up picking, I think Faith has the biggest shot of being the Golden Bachelorette. Although I'd love it to be Susan, Ellen, Nancy, Sandra… and whoever it ends up being, I hope they bring back some of the women for an episode or two to help the Golden Bachelorette suss out the men. I just want to see all those women back together and cutting up. lol 

#TeamTheresa 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

I think Gerry got caught up in the excitement of being with Leslie.  She has a lot of energy, and he probably found her exciting to be with….but I think when he compared her to Theresa….Theresa is someone he realized he could wake up with everyday and enjoy the simple daily pleasures. Leslie would be fun to hang with and date, but at 72, Gerry may want someone more grounded for long term.

• Like 9
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

So, Gerry is looking for someone to die with (Theresa) instead of someone to live with (Leslie)?

That’s not what I said or meant.   It just seems to me that Gerry’s energy level seems more in synch with Theresa’s than Leslie’s.  YMMV, of course.  

• Like 4

At any age, people know they're going to spend more time running errands, going to appointments or jobs, eating dinner, watching TV or reading, and going to bed, than they're going to spend traveling, riding jet skies, and having wild sex.  They're smart to pick the person they enjoy the homey things with over the vacation spouse. Not saying which woman is which, we might be surprised.

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I don't know. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but Gerry seemed WAY more interested in Theresa when he realized that she's financially a very smart cookie. I think he's seeing $$$ in his future.

Maybe Theresa knew how to play both the markets and Gerry! 😉 🤑

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
8 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

I don't know. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but Gerry seemed WAY more interested in Theresa when he realized that she's financially a very smart cookie. I think he's seeing $$$ in his future.

I thought the same thing.  I think he was into Leslie, but once Theresa started talking about money all of a sudden things changed for him.  I  hope they both keep their homes.  If they both have that much money, they can afford to have two homes in two different states.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Since we only have one thread for this show, I am posting social media stuff here too. Sometimes I wish I didn't know behind the scenes stuff so I could believe in the fairy tale. ;) But every day on my Facebook feed Golden Bachelor stories pop up, I guess they know my algorithm.

Theresa has been busted hitting "like" on bad comments about Kathy and other women there. If Gerry is too stupid to see through her and ends up choosing her, then he deserves what he gets. I do think this fame has gone to his head so good luck to the woman he picks. 

• Like 13
12 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

i thought he was just impressed by her intelligence and drive versus an emphasis on sexy talk with leslie

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, cinsays said:

i thought he was just impressed by her intelligence and drive versus an emphasis on sexy talk with leslie

Same with me. I think he saw that there was more to her than he thought. 

• Like 6